Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm feeling divided on the BHB banner. I want Elincia, but I already have a Bike. Nephenee I could go either way on, she is a middle-of-the-road character, timid and with some true development. I don't need either, I have Tibarn and Nailah for their color-class roles (and Tibarn is probably better than Elincia). And I feel insecure with only 800 Orbs, I don't want to squander them unless I really really really like a banner. But when would there be another chance for a less rare (I can't say "easy") Elincia?

I would take the chance now, Neph hasn't been on one for a while. Elincia did, but there's no telling when they'll be on again~ 800 is a good stash~ Maybe just throw about 100 or so at the Banner just to try it out~ We're likely getting a lot of upcoming Orbs with the Anniversary~

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm feeling divided on the BHB banner. I want Elincia, but I already have a Bike. Nephenee I could go either way on, she is a middle-of-the-road character, timid and with some true development. I don't need either, I have Tibarn and Nailah for their color-class roles (and Tibarn is probably better than Elincia). And I feel insecure with only 800 Orbs, I don't want to squander them unless I really really really like a banner. But when would there be another chance for a less rare (I can't say "easy") Elincia?

The current Elincia isn't bad at all, but mine only gets used occasionally. (I don't care for her art that much, but the festival Elincia has great art.) I'm expecting that they will release a legendary flying staff version of her at some point. Would you rather have that or the current version? If you really want her to use a sword, then I'd probably try now (since it's a three unit banner with better odds), otherwise I'd skip. Having used both, Tibarn is a better unit in many cases. If you need a sword unit, Caeda's refine is great. She really improves with merges too since she uses all stats well.

I'm doing a lot of auto-battling with less-used characters for HM grinding, and it's reminding me how much I love the sprites in this game. I have complaints about a lot of the portraits, but the sprites are where this game's visuals really shine.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unless Elincia ends up on a 2 person banner, which probably won't happen any time soon if at all, this is your best bet.

If she ends up on a legendary banner, you'll have to spend more orbs but you'll also gain more valuable units along the way.

I recommend you wait for the mythic hero banner before rolling on any of these banners. The mythic hero will probably be from RD. I'm hoping for Deghinsea but it'll probably be Micaiah because IS is averse to taking risks. Won't say no to Micaiah. Better her than any other popular characters.

Anyone think Leanne is cute enough to get a seasonal?  She has the most adorable lines and is stunningly beautiful.  I like Elincia Queen.  Well I like you Leanne. 

Maybe we get trailer tonight?  Or maybe tomorrow, hope tonight though.  

On banners one thing that is on my mind is I am assuming Reyson is going to drop which is why I stopped summoning on the Beasts banner, with him, Naesala, Tibarn and Leanne that is an awesome 3 move flying team right there!  However if he doesn't drop, I guess my team will be on 3 wheels only for awhile.

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Anyone think Leanne is cute enough to get a seasonal?  She has the most adorable lines and is stunningly beautiful.  I like Elincia Queen.  Well I like you Leanne. 

Maybe we get trailer tonight?  Or maybe tomorrow, hope tonight though.  

On banners one thing that is on my mind is I am assuming Reyson is going to drop which is why I stopped summoning on the Beasts banner, with him, Naesala, Tibarn and Leanne that is an awesome 3 move flying team right there!  However if he doesn't drop, I guess my team will be on 3 wheels only for awhile.

Usual pattern would suggest a trailer either tonight (in half an hour) or tomorrow night, but I don't think we're on the usual pattern. I'm guessing we'll have the mythic revealed through a Feh Channel, which probably won't be tonight since it hasn't been announced yet, but could be the night the mythic gets added.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Usual pattern would suggest a trailer either tonight (in half an hour) or tomorrow night, but I don't think we're on the usual pattern. I'm guessing we'll have the mythic revealed through a Feh Channel, which probably won't be tonight since it hasn't been announced yet, but could be the night the mythic gets added.

I see.  Legendary Ike was introduced in a Feh channel right?  If that is so then guess they would likely do the same this time.  

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I see.  Legendary Ike was introduced in a Feh channel right?  If that is so then guess they would likely do the same this time.  

Yeah, he was.

No mythic trailer, but I'm not really surprised with the second anniversary around the corner. They'll surely do a Feh Channel to tell about what's going on for the anniversary.

Edited by Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No mythic trailer, but I'm not really surprised with the second anniversary around the corner. They'll surely do a Feh Channel to tells about what's going on for the anniversary.

Agreed, I'm almost surprised that they couldn't have adjusted the Mythic banner date to align more with the inevitable Feh Channel for the anniversary. I'm still expecting the banner reveal tomorrow night and a Feh Channel like Thursday or Friday. Probably not related at all, but there are also rumors of a Nintendo Direct coming soon, with a lot of guesses being this week or next.

14 minutes ago, Johann said:

Agreed, I'm almost surprised that they couldn't have adjusted the Mythic banner date to align more with the inevitable Feh Channel for the anniversary. I'm still expecting the banner reveal tomorrow night and a Feh Channel like Thursday or Friday. Probably not related at all, but there are also rumors of a Nintendo Direct coming soon, with a lot of guesses being this week or next.

The timing is fine, it's no different from the anniversary Feh Channel they did right before the Legendary Ike banner.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

The timing is fine, it's no different from the anniversary Feh Channel they did right before the Legendary Ike banner.

I guess they could just drop a "Incoming Feh Channel!" notice tomorrow night instead of a banner reveal, though the Feh Channel would have to be Tuesday night then, since the banner starts Wednesday morning. Something so soon would make me think they would've announced the channel today

36 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I have a feeling the banner will be Micaiah. IS didn't want people to be mad for skewing the vote so they decided to postpone the banner reveal for tomorrow. 

This is what I'm guessing as well. It didn't work well for Eirika last year so postponing it was probably a good idea (assuming this is the case).

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Elincia keeps getting skipped. this is how badly I wanted Elincia. 
I tried pulling for her when she was sharing w/Ike, because it had been ages since she had one. (I got her, thankfully, but two ikes and two sorens for my trouble). 

Chances are this is going to be her last banner for a while, unless they do a banner w/movement skills (and she could be bummed for flying Olivia (PLEASE be bumped for flying Olivia), or heroes w/death blow. I'm not sure what else she could be a focus unit for. 

the median amount of orbs for red is aprx 85-95, so you can keep that in mind. 

For me, (my first elincia was +hp/-res) she was really good, especially once i got her some buffs. now my second one is +spd (and so this will be neutralized ). I have her as a necessary Fortify/Goad buff,, and with her flier formation, i can have her zip around. (I am actually hoping i can get a +atk version soon). per usual i'd say wait to see what mythic has, and decide then. but again keep in mind these two won't come out and play for a while (sadly :( )

30 minutes ago, Jave said:

This is what I'm guessing as well. It didn't work well for Eirika last year so postponing it was probably a good idea (assuming this is the case).

Would you prefer it being Micaiah or someone new like Deghinsea, Sephiran or Ashera?

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Would you prefer it being Micaiah or someone new like Deghinsea, Sephiran or Ashera?

Micaiah because she's my favorite and I have no shame in admitting that I want as many alts for her as possible, at least so I can do Miccy Emblem.

I also don't really care much for the other characters you mention. They're all characters that would make me go "Okay, free pull and I'm out".

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, he was.

Okay.  Hopefully rest of channel is good, and if there is Hero Rises needs to be done differently.  Maybe can choose from the top 4 or best would be everyone can get a unit of their choice.  

Definition of mythic: Relating to or resembling myth. 

I hope this means they don't just do other lords but the god like characters of fire emblem.  Legendary Miciah would be cool, but this month is mythic and I think they should stick with the theme probably the only chance to get these NPC never playable characters of myth and legend.  

Edit: In addition IS stated it would only be god characters as mythic heroes, so if they are just lords like legendary heroes that would be a flat out lie and very disappointing.

Edited by Lewyn

I guess Cherche adopted Leif as her son. :p

Edit: Anna says "They each resemble their mother in some way..." The only thing I can think of where Leif resembles Cherche is that he has a sister, Altena, who is a wyvern rider which I guess means Altena is now Cherche's adopted daughter too. Well, this is getting weird. Also, the best part is that with Cherche's new kids, her children form a weapon triangle. Altena's lance vs Leif's sword vs. Gerome's axe. If Altena wields her father's Gae Bolg, then she'd also gain Atk/Def+5 against Leif by him being an infantry, but against Gerome, who is flier, Gae Bolg wouldn't work on him. Leif's Light Brand's effect would work against Gerome who has a massive difference between his base defense and resistance. It would probably work against Altena too if she's like most wyvern riders who have low resistance.

Edited by Kaden

13 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I guess Cherche adopted Leif as her son.

Edit: Anna freaking says "They each resemble their mother in some way..."! The only thing I can think of where Leif resembles Cherche is that Altena is a wyvern rider which I guess means Altena is now Cherche's adopted daughter too. Well, this is getting weird.

Gerome is a TT unit, so he can't be on a banner.

Off-topic:

Honestly I like Ouch Pouch a lot as I think about it more. The biggest problem with dagger not having a brave option is that it's very hard to consistently ORKO with a dagger unit, especially if the dagger unit is the one taking the first combat (i.e. before you get to apply all your debuffs and savage blows and stuff), but the Ouch Pouch lets you land a 2 or 3 CD special pretty reliably, meaning it's a lot easier for a dagger to have enough stats to ORKO.

The key part, though, is that unlike a brave weapon, the Ouch Pouch has no sustain---Brave Weapons have Desperation built in---so it's a way to give daggers a way to start the combat chain without making them basically strictly better than other physical options.

Mind, the Ouch Pouch itself is still under-powered, but the idea is a good way to let daggers actually kill things without obsoleting non-debuffing weapons.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, redlight said:

I honestly think the Red Duck might be the best inheritable dagger right now. Unless I'm missing something

You need a way to follow up + a way to not explode to the counter for a dagger to be consistent, most of them fails at one or the other. (Especially if you try to stack Spd for duck.) 

An Ouch Pouch-like dagger lets the user be a lot more flexible in terms of stat spread. You can run quick pulse + pouch for a 3cd special on a unit with high Atk and high Def/Res, for example, and fish for OHKOs vs. people you get killed on the counter by, while doubling the people you survive & survives you. Main thing though, is that you don't have to force the OHKO, it's perfectly serviceable with something like Hinoka's 35/35 spread, while also being useful outside of that. It doesn't turn into hot garbage just because Felicia's holding it, for example, since -2cd lets Felicia Glacies pretty reliably, whereas Ducks basically makes 30+/30+ offenses mandatory.

21 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Gerome is a TT unit, so he can't be on a banner.

I know. I'm making fun of nonsense because of how they're on the banners and if someone didn't actually know who is related to who or didn't bother to check the notification board, they might think Cherche is actually Leif's mom. Still, Leif being adopted by Cherche wouldn't be a bad thing considering who she is. Aside from dealing with her eccentricities regarding Minerva and what she finds cute, she's pretty normal compared to the other Awakening moms. And down the rabbit hole I go with Cherche having a similar hair color to Ethlyn for some Oedipal fun! :p

I would not be surprised if such a thing actually exists. Somewhere out there, someone ships ChercheXLeif and there exists cursed documents of Leif having an Oedipus complex with Cherche. Enjoying these awful, horrific, and traumatizing thoughts being drilled into your mind? This is why I shouldn't type things late at night. Weird stuff happens, man.

Edited by Kaden

No announcement yet, so I'm guessing it'll be announced sometime tonight for tomorrow night right before when the banner starts. Cutting it frustratingly close, but they've done that with this sort of Feh Channel before.