Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

33 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

-Same people: C'mon guys, let's vote Nino/Micaiah/Reinhardt/Whoever has only 1 alt. There are 6 Camillas, so who cares about the characters that we have been saying for a year that we want in the game? Or characters without alts (only Alm has a real chance here)? Let's vote them!

Yeah. This is pretty much how I feel about people wanting more alts of Marth or Ike knowing they're already there in multiple forms... only in a less amount than Camilla.

I don't think characters with 3 variations have been shafted knowing so many still have none.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Well, I'm torn between Naesala and Xander. Xander's useful for my immediate f2p clears, but Naesala's on my "main" team. Of which will include a +1 NY!Hríd, +1 Tibarn, +0 Reyson (unless he demotes, then I will +10 him soon as i get the copies), and Naesala's +whatever I can merge him to once the February update goes live. Haven't done the merges yet because i want to physically see Tibarn's Atk bane get fixed.

I would go for Naesala if I were you you, considering how much you enjoy the Boy Band. And I don't feel like Xander needs merges for most f2p clears you would generally need him for. Unless you have specific plans, of course.

I don't wait on a lot of merges, but I absolutely am waiting for the update to merge Nailah. Mainly because the one I'm using is -atk and the dupe I'm going to merge her into is -spd. And if Reyson demotes, he is absolutely my next +10 goal. But I still need Tibarn to S support the two for my perfect Reyson...

5 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Tibarn has a new pal to carry around on his head ?

Feh or a ducky? I find the duckies look quite at home on Micaiah's head. If Micaiah gets a brave version and we get a free one again, I'm absolutely getting her just to have a home for the golden ducky.

EDIT: Wait I'm dumb. If you restarted recently you wouldn't have duckies.

Edited by Sylphid

I was hoping they'd stop CYL. It's not like alts are hard to come by any more, and they basically ignore most of the top section these days in favour of even more alts. 

Even so, putting all seven votes into my favourite, who remains not in the game yet. I doubt it will do anything, but it makes me feel I've done what I can for him... along with the various pleading feedback I've sent that's guaranteed to be ignored. 

2 hours ago, Sylphid said:

I would go for Naesala if I were you you, considering how much you enjoy the Boy Band. And I don't feel like Xander needs merges for most f2p clears you would generally need him for. Unless you have specific plans, of course.

I don't wait on a lot of merges, but I absolutely am waiting for the update to merge Nailah. Mainly because the one I'm using is -atk and the dupe I'm going to merge her into is -spd. And if Reyson demotes, he is absolutely my next +10 goal. But I still need Tibarn to S support the two for my perfect Reyson...

Feh or a ducky? I find the duckies look quite at home on Micaiah's head. If Micaiah gets a brave version and we get a free one again, I'm absolutely getting her just to have a home for the golden ducky.

EDIT: Wait I'm dumb. If you restarted recently you wouldn't have duckies.

I beat Navarre's Abyssal just this morning, so Tibarn has a golden Duckie. And while it's true about Xander, he's my go-to support in Fates, so I have personal bias. Same with Chrom, who I fully intend to +10 this time.

59 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I was hoping they'd stop CYL. It's not like alts are hard to come by any more, and they basically ignore most of the top section these days in favour of even more alts. 

Even so, putting all seven votes into my favourite, who remains not in the game yet. I doubt it will do anything, but it makes me feel I've done what I can for him... along with the various pleading feedback I've sent that's guaranteed to be ignored. 

They likely also use the results for new characters too, like far-fetched heroes, etc. I think the recent Radiant Dawn banner characters were influenced by the previous poll.

25 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I beat Navarre's Abyssal just this morning, so Tibarn has a golden Duckie. And while it's true about Xander, he's my go-to support in Fates, so I have personal bias. Same with Chrom, who I fully intend to +10 this time.

Good for Tibarn! Maybe I'll give the gold duckie to him if he rolls out of the gacha. Incidentally, I gave Naesala a second pair of wings and Reyson got Tibarn's feathers.

Ah, I assumed the only reason you were considering him was for gameplay, but if you like him I definitely understand the struggle. If Lyon wasn't as, well, unimpressive as he is for gameplay, choosing between him and Naesala would be really hard for me.

58 minutes ago, Tree said:

They likely also use the results for new characters too, like far-fetched heroes, etc. I think the recent Radiant Dawn banner characters were influenced by the previous poll.

Yeah, it's a good way to increase the odds that a character you want will show up on a future normal banner. It's why I'm putting all my votes into Osian again.

Each of us can only make a small impact, but CYL does matter, for much more than alts. If you want more new characters, vote for a new character.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yeah, it's a good way to increase the odds that a character you want will show up on a future normal banner. It's why I'm putting all my votes into Osian again.

Each of us can only make a small impact, but CYL does matter, for much more than alts. If you want more new characters, vote for a new character.

Yup, all my votes are going to Brom. There might be one pity vote for Eliwood, but otherwise, Brom all the way.

I finally tied off the GHB Elite quests, both sets. Though I only did it cause I felt like it. Those copies of the GHB units will get turned into combat manuals and wait until I can fodder them or something. xP

20 hours ago, Othin said:

I think I know what you're going for. Thanks!

Turns out the strategy I was thinking of was not that one, but I was able to figure it out and finish the map after a lot of trial and error.

That was an ordeal. I think the biggest problem is the hint being really bad and actively misleading, but a bit of actual direction makes it doable. Not easy by a long shot, but doable.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I finally tied off the GHB Elite quests, both sets. Though I only did it cause I felt like it. Those copies of the GHB units will get turned into combat manuals and wait until I can fodder them or something. xP

Congrats, they were not easy to solve!

(Hope we'll get new sets soon. )

Now I have to find a way to shamelessly promote Cordelia for CYL3 :-)

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Congrats, they were not easy to solve!

(Hope we'll get new sets soon. )

Now I have to find a way to shamelessly promote Cordelia for CYL3 :-)

Thanks! Yeah, some were really hard, so I used videos. But I actually did the majority of them on my own. ^^

New sets wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd be nice if some of those awarded grails too. I think Aether Raids are a fine source for them, but not enough.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks! Yeah, some were really hard, so I used videos. But I actually did the majority of them on my own. ^^

Cool! 

Yeah I remember you don't keep every free unit, so adapting to videos isn't trivial either.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

New sets wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd be nice if some of those awarded grails too. I think Aether Raids are a fine source for them, but not enough.

The awards were ok, I only wish they don't make them blessing themed like elite 2. Or even worse, blessing themed with the new elements. 

Ever thought of becoming a big Cordelia fan until the end of CYL3?

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Cool! 

Yeah I remember you don't keep every free unit, so adapting to videos isn't trivial either.

The awards were ok, I only wish they don't make them blessing themed like elite 2. Or even worse, blessing themed with the new elements. 

Ever thought of becoming a big Cordelia fan until the end of CYL3?

Oddly enough, I'm having an easier time clearing the blessing themed ones. I think it's just because I lack a good cav/armor team and focused on the Boys instead >_>

11 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Oddly enough, I'm having an easier time clearing the blessing themed ones. I think it's just because I lack a good cav/armor team and focused on the Boys instead >_>

I think the blessing ones are generally a lot easier. They're on Lunatic rather than Infernal, and you can spread powerful units with different roles evenly among the different elements while movement types have both direct limitations (no one who can move 3 spaces or cross water on an armor team) and indirect ones (no armored dancers so far, and non-melee are very rare).

Urgh, okay, I just have to get this out. I am absolutely loving book 3 and just can't wait to be able to summon Lif (especially Lif, but really, I'm looking forward to Hel and Thrasir, too.) I'm still crackling with excitement for more story chapters, too, and ugh, man, I love this music! X3 Listening to the map theme right now. If my CYL3 votes weren't already going to Elena (Ike and Mist's mom), I may have dumped them into Lif.

57 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think the blessing ones are generally a lot easier. They're on Lunatic rather than Infernal, and you can spread powerful units with different roles evenly among the different elements while movement types have both direct limitations (no one who can move 3 spaces or cross water on an armor team) and indirect ones (no armored dancers so far, and non-melee are very rare).

you forget no cavalry refreshers as well. They're just fliers and walkers. Either way, Navarre is now complete. I think limiting myself to using my Boys has significantly increased my tactical ability. I'm definitely having more fun now that I'm focusing on my favorites rather than trying catch 'em all. In which...here's hoping HotSpring Ryoma comes home. And maybe Sakura for Hoshido Royal Air as my next theme team, if I'm lucky.

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Like @Othin wrote, Elite 2 has been the easier batch. I didn't want to use all my blessings back then and I didn't think lunatic was very "elite", that's why I hope the new quests will be more like elite 1. 

Somehow I have the feeling IS will use those quests to rerun some accessories ... which means 300 feathers for me. :-/

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Like @Othin wrote, Elite 2 has been the easier batch. I didn't want to use all my blessings back then and I didn't think lunatic was very "elite", that's why I hope the new quests will be more like elite 1. 

Somehow I have the feeling IS will use those quests to rerun some accessories ... which means 300 feathers for me. :-/

Hopefully it'll be a mix of orbs, grails, and accessories.

And I've been thinking. What I REALLY want IS to do...is give us a male mage flier. Every single mage flier we've had so far has been female, i think it's time we had a guy. 

25 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Hopefully it'll be a mix of orbs, grails, and accessories.

And I've been thinking. What I REALLY want IS to do...is give us a male mage flier. Every single mage flier we've had so far has been female, i think it's time we had a guy. 

It'd also be nice to get a male seasonal healer. There haven't been THAT many seasonal healers, but they've all been female. They even made Mia a seasonal healer, but no guy yet.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It'd also be nice to get a male seasonal healer. There haven't been THAT many seasonal healers, but they've all been female. They even made Mia a seasonal healer, but no guy yet.

I submitted ideas via feedback, including a Staff!Subaki since he's a canonical flier that can promote to heal. Another was Dark Flier!Leo, as I've seen some support of that spreading on the board. 

As for a seasonal male healer...My guess is they'd pull a Lucius and put Artur in as a staffer. Which would suck. I'd prefer a seasonal Saul first, since he actually starts with a staff. Although, it'd be hilarious if they DID pull a Mia and made a non-healer a seasonal healer. but then I could also see them putting a seasonal M!Corrin as a staffer to nod to his Hoshidan Noble promotion. 

9 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I submitted ideas via feedback, including a Staff!Subaki since he's a canonical flier that can promote to heal. Another was Dark Flier!Leo, as I've seen some support of that spreading on the board. 

As for a seasonal male healer...My guess is they'd pull a Lucius and put Artur in as a staffer. Which would suck. I'd prefer a seasonal Saul first, since he actually starts with a staff. Although, it'd be hilarious if they DID pull a Mia and made a non-healer a seasonal healer. but then I could also see them putting a seasonal M!Corrin as a staffer to nod to his Hoshidan Noble promotion. 

If we ever do get a seasonal Saul (which is a big if, considering that he's probably not on the radar for super popular FE6 characters in the first place), I'd prefer if they give him a weapon that his default self won't use. I wouldn't mind normal Saul coming with a staff (because we need more staff dudes) and a hypothetical seasonal Saul doing something else not colorless.

Tsubaki, Leo, or m!Corrin with a staff would be interesting. I also want legendary staff!Leif and even a staff!Seliph would be cool, since their mothers canonically are able to wield staves (and Leif canonically can use a staff in Genealogy).