Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Whale for your good boy Raigh

Also, word of warning, but Raigh actually can't get Owl without learning Fire and Elfire first...

Lilina will be missed.  Thanks for the warning, though~!

can't whale, need to buy groceries first

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Have we always gotten the schedule for the upcoming month via Feh Channel?

Last 2 month? happen to have consecutive FEH Channel. It wasn't frequent until recently iirc

Inigo, Azura and Shigure all join my list of seasonal units with crappy banes. Azura is -Atk, Inigo and Shigure are -Spd -.-

Even Olivia is +Def -Res, so not great. 

Oh well. I have them, and they're not really meant for combat particularly ^.^ Gonna build them up soon, along with BK and... I'm thinking Berkut as my next promotion ^.^

14 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Inigo, Azura and Shigure all join my list of seasonal units with crappy banes. Azura is -Atk, Inigo and Shigure are -Spd -.-

Even Olivia is +Def -Res, so not great. 

Oh well. I have them, and they're not really meant for combat particularly ^.^ Gonna build them up soon, along with BK and... I'm thinking Berkut as my next promotion ^.^

What's Azura's boon? -Atk isn't that too bad on a dancer anyway, since they like surviving.

Also I just realised, I can now have a semi-mask theme team!

Masked Marth, Legion, Black Knight and now Axezura. 

I mean yeah Azura's veil is sort of stretching but hey, it worked (stupidly) in Fates and technically the Black Knight is a helmet :P

Man, the new chain challenge came as a surprise. The brave heroes set seemed like the hardest one ever but in truth Sophia laughs at Bike and Bow Lyn while Lancina and Roy are pretty standard units to kill. Funny enough the dancer set is quite hard considering the blarblade mage you can't panic ploy and the inflated stats make Shigure and Inigo quite hard to deal with.

49 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Raigh had the Dark Tome Line of Red Tomes while Owl comes from Fire Line or something along those lines

Are you sure it works like that? My Sanaki was able to inherit Raudhrraven and Raudhrraven+ from Henry without having to inherit Flux and Ruin first.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yup, Owl is the only tome line that does this.

Well that's weird. I went to check with my Katarina and a Raigh and he indeed can't learn Raudhowl. I wonder why they didn't make it work the same as all the other red tomes.

So...the only inheritance restriction on the new Dance/Sing oriented B Passives is non-staff? I guess there’s really no Singer/Dancer movement or weapon type, but the idea of being able to slap Geyser Dance on, say, Narcian is kinda weird.

In other news, Project Odin has begun. This is either going to be really great or really disappointing =P .

23 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

So...the only inheritance restriction on the new Dance/Sing oriented B Passives is non-staff? I guess there’s really no Singer/Dancer movement or weapon type, but the idea of being able to slap Geyser Dance on, say, Narcian is kinda weird.

In other news, Project Odin has begun. This is either going to be really great or really disappointing =P .

Pfft, the obvious answer is giving Azura's axe to Sheena, because it's an improvement over her native weapon. :P:

Anyway, don't tease me like this!  What's this "Project Odin" you speak of?

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Pfft, the obvious answer is giving Azura's axe to Sheena, because it's an improvement over her native weapon. :P:

Anyway, don't tease me like this!  What's this "Project Odin" you speak of?

It’s a ridiculously resource-expensive set I was thinking about which should only be attempted by the truly devoted or the truly bored. He needs to eat a Takumi for Close Counter, and a Subaki for Quick Riposte. His C slot is flexible, but since he has 43 HP I figured I might as well have him swallow a Luke as well.

From the matchups I was looking at, +3/4/3/3 buffs (Rally Def/Res Eirika) actually give him a solid matchup spread that doesn’t fall off too hard when natures & inheritance are factored in. I’d have to look back over the notes I scribbled down for specific numbers, but I remember being really surprised.

In any case, he, and the team I’m building up around him, should be done by tomorrow or Sunday, depending on how many stamina potions I’m willing to burn in my curiosity. I need to finish training Shigure first though, I’m going to want his B Tome Valor for this one.

17 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It’s a ridiculously resource-expensive set I was thinking about which should only be attempted by the truly devoted or the truly bored. He needs to eat a Takumi for Close Counter, and a Subaki for Quick Riposte. His C slot is flexible, but since he has 43 HP I figured I might as well have him swallow a Luke as well.

From the matchups I was looking at, +3/4/3/3 buffs (Rally Def/Res Eirika) actually give him a solid matchup spread that doesn’t fall off too hard when natures & inheritance are factored in. I’d have to look back over the notes I scribbled down for specific numbers, but I remember being really surprised.

In any case, he, and the team I’m building up around him, should be done by tomorrow or Sunday, depending on how many stamina potions I’m willing to burn in my curiosity. I need to finish training Shigure first though, I’m going to want his B Tome Valor for this one.

What boon/bane for Odin are you considering? Also, why Close Counter and Quick Riposte? Odin's bulk is good, but he's going to take damage regardless and QR3 on him would break when he takes 13 damage. With 43 HP and 25 defense and resistance, any unit would need 38 attack to break QR3 if he doesn't have any defensive buffs and with +3 def/res, that would just raise it to 41 attack. Yes, they'll probably die when he's fully buffed, but it seems kind of wasted? I don't know.

Speaking of blue mages, I'm wondering why +Spd recommended for M!Robin on gamepedia. I generally don't look at builds on ther, but it's weird since M!Robin's more of an enemy phase unit. Ditto with why -HP is recommended a lot and -Res is only recommended for one build that recommends +Spd, -Res. None of the other builds recommend +Atk, -Res or +Def, -Res which would play on his strength as a mage with high defense. -HP kills his bulk since M!Robin's in this crappy situation where anything that isn't -Res drops him by 4 points which kills his attack, defense, and HP and with 22 neutral resistance, M!Robin was never meant to deal with mages in general, so -Res isn't that bad for him.

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

What boon/bane for Odin are you considering? Also, why Close Counter and Quick Riposte? Odin's bulk is good, but he's going to take damage regardless and QR3 on him would break when he takes 13 damage. With 43 HP and 25 defense and resistance, any unit would need 38 attack to break QR3 if he doesn't have any defensive buffs and with +3 def/res, that would just raise it to 41 attack. Yes, they'll probably die when he's fully buffed, but it seems kind of wasted? I don't know.

Speaking of blue mages, I'm wondering why +Spd recommended for M!Robin on gamepedia. I generally don't look at builds on ther, but it's weird since M!Robin's more of an enemy phase unit. Ditto with why -HP is recommended a lot and -Res is only recommended for one build that recommends +Spd, -Res. None of the other builds recommend +Atk, -Res or +Def, -Res which would play on his strength as a mage with high defense. -HP kills his bulk since M!Robin's in this crappy situation where anything that isn't -Res drops him by 4 points which kills his attack, defense, and HP and with 22 neutral resistance, M!Robin was never meant to deal with mages in general, so -Res isn't that bad for him.

The Odin is +Atk/-Res. I am fully aware of the lack of sustainability in the build. My Askr units all have RecAid from back when I had Celica on my main team, so it probably won’t be all that bad. Don’t worry about any perceived waste...the only waste was those units sitting around in my barracks waiting for something to pique my interest enough =P .

Also, Odin’s a cool dude. Gives you two overpowered sorcs in Conquest. I don’t regret the investment in the least.

I couldn’t possibly speak to why those recommendations are made.

Edited by LordFrigid

22 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

The Odin is +Atk/-Res. I am fully aware of the lack of sustainability in the build. My Askr units all have RecAid from back when I had Celica on my main team, so it probably won’t be all that bad. Don’t worry about any perceived waste...the only waste was those units sitting around in my barracks waiting for something to pique my interest enough =P .

I couldn’t possibly speak to why those recommendations are made.

Ah... yes, waste. *looks at my 398/400 barracks*

I just got rid of 7 units this morning when I did 5 summons on the Performing Arts banner and reached 405/400 units. Actually, it would have been 8 units since an Arthur was immediately sacrificed for Swap when I got 5* Black Knight. Well, at least I was able to get Ward Armor for him and Desperation 3 for Nino without needing to promote a Draug or Shanna since they showed up as 4* units. Anyway, I digress.

I'm pretty happy with my +Spd, -Res Odin running Fury 3 and Renewal. Also, Reposition. I just need to figure out a C-skill for him. Panic Ploy would be nice, but I'd need to promote a Valter. Then again, I went from ~120k feathers to 100k promoting Odin almost a week ago and now I'm back to 114k feathers... I have way too many resources.

As for the M!Robin thing, I forgot about this, but one of the builds suggested that -Atk M!Robin should be considered in its description. Why? Because -Def kills the point of him being a high defense mage -- agreed --, -HP kills his bulk -- also agreed since he drops from 40 to 36 HP --, and finally, -Res is unacceptable because he can't tank mages even with T-Adept. What? Who uses M!Robin to tank red mages or mages in general? That's not the point of him, Boey, spring Camilla, Henry, F!Robin, or even Reinhardt.

Edited by Kaden

43 minutes ago, Kaden said:

My guess is that it is outdated? Because at early release +Spd helped Robin a lot at not getting doubled and doing ok at Story Mode.

Afterwards, SI happened and Spd became less important for a lot of units that run breakers.

40 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

My guess is that it is outdated? Because at early release +Spd helped Robin a lot at not getting doubled and doing ok at Story Mode.

Afterwards, SI happened and Spd became less important for a lot of units that run breakers.

That was my guess too, but the build at the top of the page which is apparently a "curated" build that was reviewed by people, recommends +Spd, -Res and has a section on what bane he should have mentions Cancel Affinity, so it's probably recent or was updated. The others that are user-submitted and weren't reviewed I don't know. Some don't even recommend natures and just list neutral, but there is one -owl build for M!Robin.

Actually, reading the only curated build on there a bit more, it needs work. I still think it's stupid to call attack and speed at >=28 and <=30 as low. Low to me is <=25 for attack and speed. Average isn't good or is it bad and it's not always ideal. In a hyper-offensive meta, average attack and/or speed would be "bad" because you can't do much with them. The Cancel Affinity part makes it seem more of a nightmare than it is. The developers aren't throwing the damn thing on every AI unit and hard countering -raven, T-Adept mages and not everyone wants or is running Cancel Affinity assuming they have access to it.

Eh, whatever. I should just build my +Atk, -Res M!Robin as a cookie cutter -raven mage so I can bring him along for whatever maps have archers who don't have Cancel Affinity for him to deal with along with whatever reds.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

As for the M!Robin thing, I forgot about this, but one of the builds suggested that -Atk M!Robin should be considered in its description. Why? Because -Def kills the point of him being a high defense mage -- agreed --, -HP kills his bulk -- also agreed since he drops from 40 to 36 HP --, and finally, -Res is unacceptable because he can't tank mages even with T-Adept. What? Who uses M!Robin to tank red mages or mages in general? That's not the point of him, Boey, spring Camilla, Henry, F!Robin, or even Reinhardt.

People are human and therefore can often occasionally be dumb.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

-HP kills his bulk -- also agreed since he drops from 40 to 36 HP --

-HP is generally a good idea for units with Triangle Adept who are intended to tank both physical and magical damage. While 22 Res is certainly not spectacular, it's still enough to tank a round of combat against virtually every red mage in the game. Any reduction to Def or Res is an increase in damage for every attack taken, but a reduction in HP is effective an increase in damage for only the first hit that lands. As long as the character is intended to (and actually does) survive two hits or more in relevant match-ups, -HP is the superior choice. Against any red mage that double attacks Robin, -HP results in an effective -4 HP after one round of combat, but -Res results in -6 HP.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

What's Azura's boon? -Atk isn't that too bad on a dancer anyway, since they like surviving.

Also I just realised, I can now have a semi-mask theme team!

Masked Marth, Legion, Black Knight and now Axezura. 

I mean yeah Azura's veil is sort of stretching but hey, it worked (stupidly) in Fates and technically the Black Knight is a helmet :P

Funnily enough, Inigo was +Atk -Spd and Azura was +Spd -Atk and I pulled them together, so not awful for her, but still, pretty much all my seasonals have been -Atk or -Spd xD

We need Sirius in our lives -.-

Conrad would be nice, too :)