eclipse

Here are the results of yesterday's training:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170929-211628.png

Gave her Desperation 3

Screenshot_20170929-222431.png

Gave her Spur Def to buff Boey!

Screenshot_20170929-222221.png

Was lying around there on the bench, but now he has Mathilda! He has Fort Cav and she'll have Hone cav! What a couple.

Screenshot_20170929-233136.png

Decided to 5☆ her for a solid Lance Knight, gave her Earth Boost from Boey and Lancebreaker from Narcian. She hits hard with that Ignis!

Screenshot_20170929-210347.png

BK gave her Wings!

There was another group of units that were trained up to Lv. 40 but had little to no SI.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Training up Lady of Ballads Azura with Shigure and Lady of the Lake Azura, using Lachesis as the team’s healer...the dialogue playing through maps is kinda funny sometimes.

Shigure: Shall I Sing?

Lachesis: Of course.

Or

LotL Azura: What can I do?

LoB Azura: Let us sing.

12 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Can someone tell me how a 16 Res Leon activated Def Ploy 3 on my Neutral Res Brave Lyn who I'M PRETTY SURE had a Fort Res buff from Linde? I sat there for about five minutes trying to find it out but I don't even know.

Hide contents

Wk2Z4Yt.png

It was Sonya. Neutral Sonya's 32 Res > Neutral BH!Lyn's 28 Res so she was debuffed.

Edited by tobuShogi

9 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Yes, but that's only 23 Res, and I can't really confirm, but it was possible she had Linde Fort Res buff at the time.

I'm not following. 32 Res is more than enough to activate Sonya's Res Ploy on neutral BH!Lyn. You sure she was hit by Def Ploy? With Leon's 16 Res, even with a Res bane, BH!Lyn wouldn't be hit by his Def Ploy, which is why I'm saying that instead of Def Ploy, Res Ploy activated. This seems more likely given that your Linde was also debuffed since not even a +Res Linde can escape Res Ploy unless she was buffed by Fortify Resistance.

Edited by tobuShogi

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

I'm not following. 32 Res is more than enough to activate Sonya's Res Ploy on neutral BH!Lyn. With Leon's 16 Res, even with a Res bane, BH!Lyn wouldn't be hit by his Def Ploy, which is why I'm saying that instead of Def Ploy, Res Ploy activated. This seems more likely given that your Linde was also debuffed since not even a +Res Linde can escape Res Ploy unless she was buffed by Fortify Resistance.

Both Def and Res Ploy activated. Lyn was hit with a both debuffs.

Edit: I don't think this debuff really matters but the Sonya, which attacked Titania had Seal Atk/Spd.

To clearly explain things:

Lyn Res = 28

Linde Res = 19 (Res- and L&D2)

Leon Res = 16

Sonya = Probably higher than all of them except Res+ Titania with Tempest bonus

On the start of that turn, Lyn gained Fort Res 3 buff from Linde.

Both Linde and Lyn were hit with a Res Ploy debuff.

I can say for certain that Def Ploy from Leon hit Lyn giving her Def -5.

I don't remember if Linde also got the Def Ploy Debuff.

Question: Why does Def Ploy even activate if Lyn has over 10 more than him at the start of that turn?

Edited by KongDude

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Training up Lady of Ballads Azura with Shigure and Lady of the Lake Azura, using Lachesis as the team’s healer...the dialogue playing through maps is kinda funny sometimes.

Shigure: Shall I Sing?

Lachesis: Of course.

Or

LotL Azura: What can I do?

LoB Azura: Let us sing.

I had something similar to this the other day where it sounded like one was answering the other. Urgh, wish I can remember the combos. I remember laughing at it and thinking I'd post it but now it's gone >.< 

It is amusing, though, to hear how it plays out sometimes :D 

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I had something similar to this the other day where it sounded like one was answering the other. Urgh, wish I can remember the combos. I remember laughing at it and thinking I'd post it but now it's gone >.< 

It is amusing, though, to hear how it plays out sometimes :D 

Between Bride Cordelia and Ninian:

>Be happy.

>Of course...

*Attained Support Level S*

Training up my new band.  I'll finally be able to get Hero Merit again when using Dancers to train.

Have the released an October calendar, like they have for the last couple months?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Training up my new band.  I'll finally be able to get Hero Merit again when using Dancers to train.

Have the released an October calendar, like they have for the last couple months?

Not yet, but I bet they do on Monday

Spent the weekend leveling up Black Knight and Sheena and giving my level 40 Sanaki SP via Tempest Trials; I'll probably spend the rest of today leveling up Sully before resuming standard Tempest duty tomorrow. I have a love-hate relationship with the double SP weekends. It's certainly great, but it makes leveling fresh new units during the week feel like a waste, while not grinding units during the weekend also feels like a waste. If I get one of the new dancers within the next week, I'll either have to level them up for the Tempest and lose out on the extra SP, or wait to level them during the weekend and keep using my dancers with max Hero Merit for the Tempest instead. At least it gives options, I guess.

27 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Spent the weekend leveling up Black Knight and Sheena and giving my level 40 Sanaki SP via Tempest Trials; I'll probably spend the rest of today leveling up Sully before resuming standard Tempest duty tomorrow. I have a love-hate relationship with the double SP weekends. It's certainly great, but it makes leveling fresh new units during the week feel like a waste, while not grinding units during the weekend also feels like a waste. If I get one of the new dancers within the next week, I'll either have to level them up for the Tempest and lose out on the extra SP, or wait to level them during the weekend and keep using my dancers with max Hero Merit for the Tempest instead. At least it gives options, I guess.

The current most efficient grinding actually basically makes the first 40 levels kill SP extremely irrelevant. Its better to rush to level 30 and get 1+2 or atm Warriors Map spam

8 minutes ago, libtard snowflake said:

use camilla's last special map for sp

the hard grants sp too 

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The current most efficient grinding actually basically makes the first 40 levels kill SP extremely irrelevant. Its better to rush to level 30 and get 1+2 or atm Warriors Map spam

True, I forgot that the fifth Hard map still gives SP at level 40; I had been concerned about some units' survivability on Lunatic, but Hard should be fine for almost anyone. I guess my bigger concern then is, when these maps expire, will they replace them immediately or within a few days with more maps that are just as efficient?  Or will it be back to using Tempest Trials and unfinished Chain Challenges? Not that it's unbearable to grind SP in those ways, but they've certainly given us much more desirable methods with the Warriors maps.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

True, I forgot that the fifth Hard map still gives SP at level 40; I had been concerned about some units' survivability on Lunatic, but Hard should be fine for almost anyone. I guess my bigger concern then is, when these maps expire, will they replace them immediately or within a few days with more maps that are just as efficient?  Or will it be back to using Tempest Trials and unfinished Chain Challenges? Not that it's unbearable to grind SP in those ways, but they've certainly given us much more desirable methods with the Warriors maps.

1+2 is around 3 times less efficient but thats the closest sub to that

I'm leveling my units since lvl 1 on those Warriors maps. Lvl 1 units can do well on Frederick normal map and go up to lvl 11 with only 5 stamina while getting a lot of SP from kills. Then I just go fightning on other warrior maps that are slightly above their lvl and they get a lot of SP while lvling and for a low stamina cost.

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

1+2 is around 3 times less efficient but thats the closest sub to that

I was trying to edit my post, but I forgot to mention that the only Chain Challenges I have unfinished on Normal are the new ones for Paralogues 11 & 12. I just rushed through them as soon as they were available before realizing how good the earlier ones could be for grinding. Same for the Hard versions. That's partly why I'm hopeful that they'll make more maps similar to the Warriors ones, though I'm uncertain if they would.

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

-HP is generally a good idea for units with Triangle Adept who are intended to tank both physical and magical damage. While 22 Res is certainly not spectacular, it's still enough to tank a round of combat against virtually every red mage in the game. Any reduction to Def or Res is an increase in damage for every attack taken, but a reduction in HP is effective an increase in damage for only the first hit that lands. As long as the character is intended to (and actually does) survive two hits or more in relevant match-ups, -HP is the superior choice. Against any red mage that double attacks Robin, -HP results in an effective -4 HP after one round of combat, but -Res results in -6 HP.

Yeah, I get that, but M!Robin isn't really meant to tank both physical and magical damage and the build mentions Distant Def as an alternative mainly to deal with Cancel Affinity which in that case, 40 HP might be safer than 36 HP.

Anyway, as much as I like the seasonal banner, I'm really excited about the upcoming, predicted FE4 banner. I never played any of the Jugdral games and don't know much about them because they were never released outside of Japan. It's like a mystery waiting to be revealed. Also, totally not excited about getting Arvis as a potentially good red mage even if he's an armor mage would be awesome since I could slap him onto my armor team and make the training tower quests even easier with him and the Black Knight. :p

I'm fully prepared for this month to be a nightmare of good banners. Dancer banner with Inigo and Olivia with better art? Amazing. Jugdral banner? I've been waiting for it for so long now. New Mystery BHB? I need another chance at hopefully getting Luke and/or Katarina. At this point, they just need to announce a banner with Linde (a second BHB? Ardent Sacrifice banner?) and any of the Sacred Stones characters (Tempest Trial? Slaying weapon banner? Moonbow banner with Tana, Sonya, and Athena?), and I'll be trying hard to resist spending money for orbs.

Inigo certainly is fabulous in his special activation pic, isn't he?  I guess it can be fun to dress up in your mom's clothes.

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

The def ploy tier list has some very interesting rankings for the new dancers 

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Arena_Tier_List

The reason of P!Olivia being considered the inferior dancer is because she is unable to use TA/Gem Weapons.