Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Leif's Light Brand to target Res in FEH would be quite nice and it'd give him a niche. 

That's my hope, assuming they actually do it. With how many great sword units we already have (including multiple with Distant Counter already), it would be perfect for making him desirable in his own way. I'm just not sure how doable it is in the game's engine.

Can't wait for another Echoes banner to show up after Genealogy.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

RD Ike is worthy of getting retconned out.

I’d think it’s either the Dawn Brigade with Micaiah in forefront, or the Leonster crew with Leif.

In the worst case, the RD representation is going to be Ike, Soren, Titania, and Amy.

RD Ike is very popular with the western fans so I can see him show up in a banner next year. 

Oh yes, there's also the possibility of even Hasha no Tsurugi characters to be added as well. I can see Tiana being FEH's Aureola user unless they actually put Saint Elimine herself (she does have some artwork thanks to that Mario Kart DD disc back in the day). 

22 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Hey, we still don’t have my boy Luthier. Many people like Kliff too.

21 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

RD Ike is very popular with the western fans so I can see him show up in a banner next year. 

The western FE fans are the reason why we can’t have nice things.

31 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Oh yes, there's also the possibility of even Hasha no Tsurugi characters to be added as well. I can see Tiana being FEH's Aureola user unless they actually put Saint Elimine herself (she does have some artwork thanks to that Mario Kart DD disc back in the day). 

Huh?

In both side in pretty sure PoR Ike is way more popular. I mean i can see RD Ike being less popular in Japan because RD Ike is catering to niche fanbase(lets be honest RD Ike is bara wish fulfilment) but i dont think he outpopularize PoR Ike even in the weat

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hey, we still don’t have my boy Luthier. Many people like Kliff too.

The unit I want the most from SoV is my boy Deen. And also Conrad. And Jesse. And Forsyth. (I really like Echoes)

I thought Ike wasn't really that popular in Japan compared to the West? Or am I confusing that with the poor sales of Tellius?

Also we need Mycen to add up for a potential early cavalier Jagen/Frederick VG

Tatania and Zeke would be cool though. Still waiting for Conrad and Python though. Forsyth would be cool I guess as a counterpart to Lukas for a Christmas Character VG

I'll admit, I would love to get Deen, Python, and Forsyth just for their quotes alone. I'd just kinda like to let other games get their time first, since Echoes has had so much attention already.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I thought Ike wasn't really that popular in Japan compared to the West? Or am I confusing that with the poor sales of Tellius?

Also we need Mycen to add up for a potential early cavalier Jagen/Frederick VG

Tatania and Zeke would be cool though. Still waiting for Conrad and Python though. Forsyth would be cool I guess as a counterpart to Lukas for a Christmas Character VG

Tellius sold poorly but Ike is popular

Iirc the tellius games actually ranked pretty high on "Japan favorite fe poll" that newsflash had FE7 as the highest on the list

And i thought Japanese fans had good taste(rip my bro fe3)

Seeing some cooky ideas for banners. Dawn Brigade? Come on, that's just one girl. Remember: New banners must have 50% or more female characters. That's been the rule since release.

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Iirc the tellius games actually ranked pretty high on "Japan favorite fe poll" that newsflash had FE7 as the highest on the list

If you're talking about the TGS poll, nobody has any idea about the details of that poll. If it was just 15 or so guys coming in to say Lyn is their wife, then that's not very reliable data.

Seeing some cooky ideas for banners. Dawn Brigade? Come on, that's just one girl. Remember: New banners must have 50% or more female characters. That's been the rule since release.

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

If you're talking about the TGS poll, nobody has any idea about the details of that poll. If it was just 15 or so guys coming in to say Lyn is their wife, then that's not very reliable data.

58 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In the worst case, the RD representation is going to be Ike, Soren, Titania, and Amy.

How the heck is a 5 year old NPC girl going to fight?

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

TMS#FE

Might never happen unfortunately. Of course if they wanted to get them in and done with, just do a double banner with Itsuki, Tsubasa and Touma in one, and put Kiria, Eleonora and Mamori in the other. Make Yashiro a GHB, and if they want to have a TT, make the reward Uta-loid Tiki with either Breath or a Staff. For the battle maps, they can be rather creative here since TMS has none to borrow. A Shibuya Scramble Crossing/109 Building would be one good choice. For something more illusory, the Bloom Palace would be cool, perhaps Illusory Dolhr for the TT. I like Illusory Daitou TV too.

And Laguz are going to need their own big update to make it into Heroes since a new weapon type will have to be invented- not for a while with them.

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

When you get them back you get it on Proto Vaida, except Vaida is a good unit who destroyed what is left of the game. Altenna sucks and 70% of it is Kaga trolling her, 30% of it is FE4 being pinnacle of making sense.

Yeah I've heard, perhaps a bit exaggerated, but without good Res or a good Holy Weapon, you're worthless in C10 and Final. Altena, besides coming extremely late, lacks Res and the Gae Bolg is really heavy with no Spd boost to mitigate it- she's better almost with a Silver or Brave Sword instead.

52 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

They have to be careful- not all games have as many characters to add. We can't burn up the SoV and Magvel small crews too quickly.

I'd hope they get in RD and T776 by the year's end. But if they have to leave out one (and I'm expecting December is going to be dedicated to Robin, Tharja, and other festive things like Ryoma with jingle bells strung through his "little regalia"), I'd rather it be RD actually. Why? Because come January it'll be a new year, and they can use that to begin anew. They add more Awakening and Fates chars, if they pick 2nd Gen units, they can then continue the theme with a Gen 2 Genealogy Banner. This flows into RD with Micaiah and her DB as the "newbies/kids" compared to Ike's crew. Then we can revisit Binding Blade as the "heirs" to the FE7 cast, and then go somewhere from there.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Speaking of females, we need Jill somehow.

I sort of miss random themed banners like Sibling Bonds. That way even if you're character wasn't part of the main cast they still had a chance like Reinhardt

Agreed! We need Jill! She's one of the best developed side characters in FE history! She's female too! That moves orbs!

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How the heck is a 5 year old NPC girl going to fight?

It was a blunt joke about including only the Greils and an irrelevant NPC in the Radiant Dawn banner.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I don't feel particularly shamed by not remembering her to be tbh. Hope you're okay with a Dawn Brigade banner of Micaiah, Sothe, and Laura.

As long as there is Micaiah and she is blue, I’ll be fine.

Also the mother of Ike’s children is meh. I’d rather have Edward and Nolan over him, but whatever.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah I've heard, perhaps a bit exaggerated, but without good Res or a good Holy Weapon, you're worthless in C10 and Final. Altena, besides coming extremely late, lacks Res and the Gae Bolg is really heavy with no Spd boost to mitigate it- she's better almost with a Silver or Brave Sword instead.

They have to be careful- not all games have as many characters to add. We can't burn up the SoV and Magvel small crews too quickly.

I'd hope they get in RD and T776 by the year's end. But if they have to leave out one (and I'm expecting December is going to be dedicated to Robin, Tharja, and other festive things like Ryoma with jingle bells strung through his "little regalia"), I'd rather it be RD actually. Why? Because come January it'll be a new year, and they can use that to begin anew. They add more Awakening and Fates chars, if they pick 2nd Gen units, they can then continue the theme with a Gen 2 Genealogy Banner. This flows into RD with Micaiah and her DB as the "newbies/kids" compared to Ike's crew. Then we can revisit Binding Blade as the "heirs" to the FE7 cast, and then go somewhere from there.

Agreed! We need Jill! She's one of the best developed side characters in FE history! She's female too! That moves orbs!

Regarding Altena: anyone is usable with enough personal bias. Even in FE4.

I agree that Awakening and Fates should probably start getting more (permanent) units after the first year, and not before. I like to hope that they'll at least get all of the Lords in before the first year is up, though. In that sense, Micaiah should probably be higher priority since she's actually unique to her game, while Thracia is more of a sidestory to FE4 with Leif already appearing there first. I'd like them both (and I like Leif better, although that's partially because I haven't played FE10 yet), but Leif would make a bit more sense to hold back, in my opinion.

Jill's great, but I think we all know who the best lance-wielding wyvern-rider girl is...

Eda.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

As long as there is Micaiah and she is blue, I’ll be fine.

Also the mother of Ike’s children is meh. I’d rather have Edward and Nolan over him, but whatever.

She'll be blue. But they'll throw in Illyana. She's as much a member of the Dawn Brigade as Laura is. Two Blues and Two grays. Nobody gets what they want. 

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

She'll be blue. But they'll throw in Illyana. She's as much a member of the Dawn Brigade as Laura is. Two Blues and Two grays. Nobody gets what they want. 

Did you say "Bride Banner: The Sequel"?

Edited by DefaultBeep

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Ilyana is even more mercenary than the Greil Mercenaries. She fights for everybody during the two Blueberry Saga games.

I see Ilyana on the same banner as Mia, to be honest.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Jill's great, but I think we all know who the best lance-wielding wyvern-rider girl is...

Eda.

No problemo! Jill can grab an axe, it was her daddy's favorite weapon, and Haar's too. Eda would be fine, give her trainee BST to counterbalance her with her brother and his Dragon Lance.

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Did you say "Bride Banner: The Sequal"?

Groom Banner first! How long will Eliwood be kept at the altar? He is awaiting thy kiss!

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sothe revolves around Micaiah. And we need belly shirt boy. A new Dagger user- the first new non-seasonal in this category since when?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Ilyana is even more mercenary than the Greil Mercenaries. She fights for everybody during the two Blueberry Saga games.

I see Ilyana on the same banner as Mia, to be honest.

Ilyana fights for anyone who'll feed her. And you don't want her on the same banner as Mia, unless you like one legged girls. Since Ilyana does like the taste of Mia's calves (I accidentally put "Mila's" initially). Add Marcia shouting "crackers!" all the time to really make Ilyana hungry. 

And this reminds me we need Lowen! Him, Oscar, and Peri can form the Culinary Cavalier trio! Three master chefs who can cook while riding across the lands! Lowen would have a niche as super phys tank horsey. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And this reminds me we need Lowen! Him, Oscar, and Peri can form the Culinary Cavalier trio!

Lowen×Ilyana, the OTP of this series.

He who is defined by cooking and she who is defined by eating. Stuff of dreams.

Celica's Army was two guys and a girl.

Even for a standalone three-character main banner, I really don't think it's fair to claim that they inherently must be majority girls rather than any of them having two guys and a girl.