Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Huh. Your post showed up before mine after I posted it, and then again after mine while I was editing it. I guess it just showed up weird at first, unless it was reported and deleted before I came back. But yeah, you did a better job of actually answering his statement than I did.

My end had no appearances before your post on my end. I don't know how that worked.

But yeah, I'm curious to see whether they'd change the repeat seal compensation in future distributions.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

46 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

As someone who got to 99,999 points in the first Tempest using only the 5-map Hard tier (over 100 Stamina Pots used...), I had no problem with the rewards coming back. More feathers is more feathers, and getting the seal however many months in advance is a fine enough compromise to me.

Edit: Ninja'd (and galeforced?) by someone who gave a much better answer than me. Pretend that I said something similar, because I agree with everything they said.

If I remember correctly, then I reached ~60k in the end, mostly doing lunatic/7 maps but lacking pots/time/energy to go further. Rewards coming back is  a good thing, but the effort needed to win the seal in Mini-TT could have been a little higher. 

46 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hm... I'm not entirely sure it's comparable. Well, there is a point of comparison to be made here.

The two Tempests require similar investments. One was easier than the other, but you're doing the same sort of thing. Both also require an investment of stamina only.

For Sacred Seals you can unlock through the forge, you're investing rare materials that are hard to grind, and unless Sacred Coins are added to the Tempest reward list, you're not really getting them back. In addition, those who invested Sacred Coins into, say, Deflect Magic and then it gets released as a TT reward are clearly at a disadvantage to those who chose to invest into, say, Distant Defence 2. I'm not sure if a full refund on the materials is sufficient, but maybe a 10-20 Sacred Coin return instead for repeat Seals. 300 feathers is not really comparable.

I don't want to complain, the first TT was fun, but also very hard. The investment to win the QP wasn't comparable between the two events, even if the in-game-resource (stamina) was the same. To reach a score of 50, 000 in the first TT, many had to spend literally full days (RL-time, in my case weeks), while to reach a score of 6,000 in the Mini-TT you could get a lot of help (2 daily multipliers, no opposing dancers, boosted bonus units, less frustrating maps etc...) and win the seal without much grinding on the very first day. 

It's not that I feel at a disadvantage to new players or that I grudge them something. I just feel like someone who recovered from a near-deadly Mount Everest mission and finds out that everybody can just go to the souvenirs shop and purchase that damn edelweiss. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't want to complain, the first TT was fun, but also very hard. The investment to win the QP wasn't comparable between the two events, even if the in-game-resource (stamina) was the same. To reach a score of 50, 000 in the first TT, many had to spend literally full days (RL-time, in my case weeks), while to reach a score of 6,000 in the Mini-TT you could get a lot of help (2 daily multipliers, no opposing dancers, boosted bonus units, less frustrating maps etc...) and win the seal without much grinding on the very first day. 

It's not that I feel at a disadvantage to new players or that I grudge them something. I just feel like someone who recovered from a near-deadly Mount Everest mission and finds out that everybody can just go to the souvenirs shop and purchase that damn edelweiss. 

Admittedly, it appears this way if you consider time and physical exertion a resource to be managed. In terms of this comparison, however, the extra investment on the Seal Creation versus Tempest reward is in a tangible form of Sacred Coins. I'm not trying to devalue the effort of getting the original QP (I can't say I've used so many stamina potions before or since), but instead pointing out that the way the seals so far have been acquired have called upon different resources, and thus have different issues if rerun.

Incidentally, the friend who informed me that old Seals could be forged did so by telling me this is how he got his hands on Quickened Pulse. Makes me wonder if that says anything in terms of this argument... if the method of acquiring Sacred Coins wasn't Arena Assault, I'd question whether it's meant to be a different channel of acquiring the same good.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Rounding out the Four Fangs would be a decent enough reason, if they had release Linus.  His continued absence is a bit odd.

The GHB slowdown in general is odd, since as mentioned, there are dozens, if not hundreds of villains waiting to get in.

Yeah i really miss GHB. Either they are busy cooking up some new awesome modes (besides Seal forging) or they are haveing a hard time creating GHB that dont get forked by Horse Emblem/Bridelia&Dancer Emblem. In any case Camus and Xander GHB is long overdue... like really long overdue....

17 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Admittedly, it appears this way if you consider time and physical exertion a resource to be managed. In terms of this comparison, however, the extra investment on the Seal Creation versus Tempest reward is in a tangible form of Sacred Coins. I'm not trying to devalue the effort of getting the original QP (I can't say I've used so many stamina potions before or since), but instead pointing out that the way the seals so far have been acquired have called upon different resources, and thus have different issues if rerun.

Incidentally, the friend who informed me that old Seals could be forged did so by telling me this is how he got his hands on Quickened Pulse. Makes me wonder if that says anything in terms of this argument... if the method of acquiring Sacred Coins wasn't Arena Assault, I'd question whether it's meant to be a different channel of acquiring the same good.

The QP seal has been hard to get early (1st TT) and easy to get later (Mini TT). The new seals are hard to get now (rare/new currency) and presumably easier to get later (mission reward, TT reward, currency inflation). While the comparison can't be put in a formula (different resources, like you wrote correctly), its tangible enough for me to whine a little bit around. ;-) 

To be forced to forge the QP seal is an interesting argument to that matter. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

The QP seal has been hard to get early (1st TT) and easy to get later (Mini TT). The new seals are hard to get now (rare/new currency) and presumably easier to get later (mission reward, TT reward, currency inflation). While the comparison can't be put in a formula (different resources, like you wrote correctly), its tangible enough for me to whine a little bit around. ;-) 

To be forced to forge the QP seal is an interesting argument to that matter. 

Whining about something becoming easier to get after you acquired it is a tradition as old as time itself. On that, we can agree.

Did they screw up the AA quests for consecutive wins? Last week you had to do it several times, now I got the rewards after a single easy-mode run.

EDIT: Not talking about the dailies, of course, but the ones you have an entire week to accomplish

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

2 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Did they screw up the AA quests for consecutive wins? Last week you had to do it several times, now I got the rewards after a single easy-mode run.

EDIT: Not talking about the dailies, of course, but the ones you have an entire week to accomplish

Huh, yeah, they're down from requiring five completions to just one.

It'd be nice to see more infantry-supporting skills, so they don't feel so left in the dust by cavalry and flier teams. I certainly don't think they should get skills on the same level as the ones those teams get, since it'd take away from the appeal of sticking to a movement type with a more limited movement pool (and make dragon buff skills worthless), but maybe something on the level of these:

Atk Phalanx: Grants adjacent infantry allies Atk+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Spd Phalanx: Grants adjacent infantry allies Spd+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Def Phalanx: Grants adjacent infantry allies Def+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Res Phalanx: Grants adjacent infantry allies Res+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Surge Infantry: Grants adjacent infantry allies Atk/Spd +4 during combat.

Shield Infantry: Grants adjacent infantry allies Def/Res +4 during combat.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Huh, all the rewards are halved. That's a shame.

A late response, but the orb reward at least stayed the same, giving 1 orb both times. I didn't pay enough attention to the other reward last time to confirm if it was halved, though.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

A late response, but the orb reward at least stayed the same, giving 1 orb both times. I didn't pay enough attention to the other reward last time to confirm if it was halved, though.

I'm pretty sure it was two orbs last time.

Just now, Othin said:

I'm pretty sure it was two orbs last time.

I could've sworn it wasn't, since I remember thinking that 1 orb was a pretty meh reward for five 2-win streaks. Gamepedia also has it listed as only giving 1 orb both times (and 10,000 Crystals last time, so that was halved after all).

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I could've sworn it wasn't, since I remember thinking that 1 orb was a pretty meh reward for five 2-win streaks. Gamepedia also has it listed as only giving 1 orb both times (and 10,000 Crystals last time, so that was halved after all).

Hmm, I could be wrong.

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Did anyone notice we get sacred coins also in regular Arena this week? Every offensive score gets 10 coins. @phineas81707

I did not notice that. Neat find.

33 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yups, it was 1 orb last week.  I remember thinking the same thing.

1 minute ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Yups, it was 1 orb last week.  I remember thinking the same thing.

Cool, I'm not crazy then. This week feels almost too easy by comparison; I just threw together a team of level 25-30 units for the first map, used level 40 units for the rest, and boom, six rewards for practically free. Not that there's a lot to do with just one orb (I guess I could finally expand my barracks to 205), but it's noticeably easier than, say, the monthly 10th Stratum orbs.

3 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

After much self deliberation I finally decided who to fodder off my extra Takumi to.

Hide contents

b0889xL.png

Now for Quick Repose...

Yay favoritism!

poor Takumi... how he has fallen from once the Meta defining unit to a Close Counter fodder lol. I support your choice! I am building myself a +10 5 Star Boey that is running Close Counter!

4 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

After much self deliberation I finally decided who to fodder off my extra Takumi to.

Reveal hidden contents

b0889xL.png

Now for Quick Repose...

Yay favoritism!

Should've given it to Oboro, smh

Quite the interesting choice, I'll admit. Props to you for thinking outside the box :P

I imagine that ignis hurts A LOT

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

poor Takumi... how he has fallen from once the Meta defining unit to a Close Counter fodder lol. I support your choice! I am building myself a +10 5 Star Boey that is running Close Counter!

RIP Takumi, his reign of terror was good while it lasted. Man I wish I had the luck to be able to build a +10 Boey, I am a bit jealous yours will be glorious!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Should've given it to Oboro, smh

Quite the interesting choice, I'll admit. Props to you for thinking outside the box :P

I imagine that ignis hurts A LOT

Bu-but Oboro's not ranged! D: And it would be cruel to sacrifice her crush to her :U

A part of my choice comes from having finally finished Echoes this weekend with Boey being one of my top 10 units with the most kills. Plus that 35 def was just begging for CC so he can be a more effective nuisance! ovo

Ignis does indeed rain death upon all foes! (Except for Sanaki)

Oh hey, this has probably been there for a while, but there's a post about the Hardy Bearing 2 description in the Notifications. No apology orbs unfortunately (not that they were really expected), but it will be fixed in an upcoming update. Neat!