• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Dang it, I forgot the Arena closed tonight and didn't do the Arena Assault quests.  There goes 100 Feathers.

Are the Arena Assault quests around forever, or are the going away?

The week long AA quests are for 1 more week. 

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Dang it, I forgot the Arena closed tonight and didn't do the Arena Assault quests.  There goes 100 Feathers.

Are the Arena Assault quests around forever, or are the going away?

Assuming you mean the ones that give an orb and feathers for the 2, 4, and 6 win streaks, I believe an earlier datamine found information on them coming back for one more week. Anything beyond that, though, I'm not sure about.

Thanks for reminding me the Arena rewards @Rezzy. Managed to get Distant Def to lv. 3. The next ones will be Atk Seal for Rein, Spur Atk for Boey, Breath of Life for BLyn and Spur Def for Mae. Panic Ploy will have to wait while I get all the resources for the chick.

7 minutes ago, Kiran said:

The week long AA quests are for 1 more week. 

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Assuming you mean the ones that give an orb and feathers for the 2, 4, and 6 win streaks, I believe an earlier datamine found information on them coming back for one more week. Anything beyond that, though, I'm not sure about.

Thanks, what about the ones that give rewards for 1, 2, and 3 wins?

25 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Legion and Clarisse still kept the 2 week rule. Berkut came at 3 weeks. Then Valter came 5 weeks. And if a new GHB comes right after Maria/Minerva, it would be 8 weeks. The current GHB drought is a bit much imo.

Clarisse and Legion were added at the exact same time, but the others... I dunno, they're pretty murder boys?

The Notifications already told us the weekly AA quests were only lasting this week and next. Of course they could always decide later that they want them to be permanent. Kind of like how we used to know when daily orbs would end, but then they'd pick out an arbitrary excuse for a few more weeks of them the very next day. Fingers crossed they become permanent. +1000 feathers a week is no joke.

11 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I think those are permanent 

Ah, come to think of it, are the "Daily Quests" permanent, too.  We've had those quite a while.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Clarisse and Legion were added at the exact same time, but the others... I dunno, they're pretty murder boys?

I'm not a fan of the huge gap we've been having for GHBs.  There's still a multitude of villains that are untapped.  I expected more Echoes Villains, since they were plugging Echoes off and on since Spring.  They could have had GHBs for Rudolf, Jedeh, and/or Fernand, among others, but I guess that ship has sailed.  Why is that 8 months into the game, the only primary antagonist we have in game so far is Zephiel?

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

The Notifications already told us the weekly AA quests were only lasting this week and next. Of course they could always decide later that they want them to be permanent. Kind of like how we used to know when daily orbs would end, but then they'd pick out an arbitrary excuse for a few more weeks of them the very next day. Fingers crossed they become permanent. +1000 feathers a week is no joke.

Speaking of Orbs?  Are we getting less Orbs for Gauntlet now?  4 Orbs per round isn't terrible, but it used to be 20 for Gauntlet before they lowered it.  I can't remember if there were more Orb quests last time or not.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Speaking of Orbs?  Are we getting less Orbs for Gauntlet now?  4 Orbs per round isn't terrible, but it used to be 20 for Gauntlet before they lowered it.  I can't remember if there were more Orb quests last time or not.

I think you're mistaken. The only change to VG quests this time around is the addition of quests awarding Sacred Coins. We still earn 4 orbs and 1500 flags with the same quest conditions as last time. We didn't always have orbs as rewards for VG quests though. Instead we had a celebratory login bonus after the VG has concluded. And that awarded us 10 orbs and some gold crystals. I don't recall it ever being 20.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

I think you're mistaken. The only change to VG quests this time around is the addition of quests awarding Sacred Coins. We still earn 4 orbs and 1500 flags with the same quest conditions as last time. We didn't always have orbs as rewards for VG quests though. Instead we had a celebratory login bonus after the VG has concluded. And that awarded us 10 orbs and some gold crystals. I don't recall it ever being 20.

Actually we got 20 orbs for the first 3 gauntlets. VG 4 gave 10 orbs. Then they just dissappeared. I assume its because we got TT

I decided to see how Julia does with Bowbreaker and TA to see how she does against the current meta of Brave Lyn and Rien. She only kills Lyn if Lyn isn't buffed and doesn't kill Rien if he is buffed. So I just sacrificed a Setsuna to her for nothing. Seriously, what is a good B slot skill for her? I've heard GTB and QR are the best options for her.

9 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I decided to see how Julia does with Bowbreaker and TA to see how she does against the current meta of Brave Lyn and Rien. She only kills Lyn if Lyn isn't buffed and doesn't kill Rien if he is buffed. So I just sacrificed a Setsuna to her for nothing. Seriously, what is a good B slot skill for her? I've heard GTB and QR are the best options for her.

I personally gave her G Tomebreaker. With her Res, blue magic users are no issue, and if green magic users can only attack her once, she can take little damage while dishing out quite a bit. Quick Riposte would be nice to obliterate blues on their turn, but she'll still be hit twice by most greens before hitting a second time herself, so it's a bit less safe in that regard. It's also more expensive to get the third level, while still having a higher HP requirement to stay active.

I'm more unsure about her A skill. Mine's -Res so I just left Resistance Plus on her, but something like Triangle Adept, Death Blow, or Fury may be much better.

Edited by DefaultBeep

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

What's your Julia's nature? And did you give her Gronnraven+?

The intermission chapter's enemies were weird, but then I though about it and it makes sense why Alm, Julia, Nephenee, and Niles are together despite having nothing in relation to each other. Alm, Nephenee, and Niles are kind of like the starting team minus Anna: Alm is Alfonse, Nephenee is Sharena, and Niles is Virion. Julia you could explain as the game not having a regularly available female axe infantry, so it would be weird if they put the other axe dudes in or you could think of Julia as not representing an Askr hero, instead, she could represent Veronica. In that case, Julia and Veronica could be considered be foils to each other.

Speaking of Brave Lyn, I think I'm finally going to give Brave Bow+ from a spare Klein to her.

Would she want his Death Blow 3 as well though? (If so, I'll need to sacrifce a Hawkeye just for Death Blow 2, so she can get Klein's BB, BB+ and DB)

Although I guess overall she wants LaD to make up for the speed loss? I'm just trying to think if there are situations where she wants/uses DB3 since I rarely pull Kleins...

Just now, Poimagic said:

It was +atk/-def and no, I didn't give her Gronnraven+.

Then it's no real surprise that she can't do much against B!Lyn. Julia can't use any buffs against Mulagir B!Lyn and she has decent res, meaning that even with 52 Atk, she can't 1HKO Lyn and with a def bane, she has no chance to survive the hit from B!Lyn, especially since she doesn't have a raven tome to mitigate the damage. 

The situation with Reinhardt is weirder though. A +Atk Julia with TA3 should be able to 1HKO Reinhardt even if he has a Fortify Cavalry buff.

Either go all in with the anti-meta build by giving her Gronnraven+ or try giving her Fury and G Tomebreaker. I've been using this build with my +Atk/-Res Julia and she's been working great.

As a heads up, it seems that the Seal Creation menu can forge seals that new players missed.

As a collorary, seals currently available only in Seal Creation might become future rewards.

You may commence the muttering.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

As a heads up, it seems that the Seal Creation menu can forge seals that new players missed.

As a collorary, seals currently available only in Seal Creation might become future rewards.

I just hope Close Defense becomes a seal in a future TT. 

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Omph. Thanks for the heads up. Glad that I only used my coins to upgrade so far. I'm going to wait a bit to see if they end up giving away some of those seals.

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hm. I may change my plan of buying the new seals first then, and switch to just upgrading what I have instead. Good thing all I've done so far is get Attack +3.

15 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Best solution: repeat seals now give Sacred Coins