Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

As a heads up, it seems that the Seal Creation menu can forge seals that new players missed.

As a collorary, seals currently available only in Seal Creation might become future rewards.

You may commence the muttering.

I'd be really surprised if any of the seals that are up for creation were ever to be available outside of it again. If I spent 50 Sacred Coins for Deflect Magic only for it to be given away as a quest/TT reward,  I'd be pretty upset about all the resources I've spent, especially if the compensation for repeat seals is still the measly 300 feathers.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not a fan of the huge gap we've been having for GHBs.  There's still a multitude of villains that are untapped.  I expected more Echoes Villains, since they were plugging Echoes off and on since Spring.  They could have had GHBs for Rudolf, Jedeh, and/or Fernand, among others, but I guess that ship has sailed.  Why is that 8 months into the game, the only primary antagonist we have in game so far is Zephiel?

First, Jedah and Rudolf? Charisma, tragedy, beauty, sexuality, badassery, popularity, etc.- if you want to be a GHB, you need some of these things. Does Jedah have any? No, not really I think. Does Rudolf? Probably not. Fernand, maybe, but he's the same as Berkut from a unit type perspective barring a Faye/Lucius-like changeup.

Second, let's do a primary antagonist analysis: 

1. Medeus (yay Breath unit, yay original, but he's eh everywhere else). Gharnef (also yay original)? A Red (since Dark seems to equal Red in Heroes) Infantry Mage.
  2. See that above this list.
  3. See notation 1. And for Dark Emperor Hardin- absolutely why not add him. More Armor is better.
  4. Manfroy and Julius- Red Infantry Mages (Julius might be twistable into Green like Naga). Julius is cool, and Manfroy successful (but old and that hurts popularity).
  5. Raydrik- Armor Sword (like the BK and Zephiel), but he and Veld (another RIM) are bland and forgettable.
  6. Zephiel- already in, since he is memorable and added to the limited armor pool. Yuan is at best a "yay Breath", with little lovable about him.
  7. Nergal- a madman with some charisma, but another RIM.
  8. Lyon- a very tragic RIM.
  9. Ashnard- sword flier with personality- yayyyy! Blackie just so happens to overshadow his coworker though.
  10. Well there isn't one villain for the entire game. Jarod would be a rare Lance Infantry, Ludveck (who is blah) an Axe Armor. The Senators? No. The BK's Master whom I am so enamored with? I'll take them for sure, they've got the sym-pa-thy card! They're handsome! They'd be any color but Red for an Infantry Mage barring the dreaded Staff-shafting!
  11. FE13- Grima- FELL DRAGON RAWR! Breath I guess? Very easy to work in. But which sex do we base them off of? Vali-*pukes* It was bad enough they got in Warriors, let's keep them and their incompetency and spinelessness out of here and get Gangrel and Walhart in instead.
  12. FE14- Garon? Yes! From a gameplay perspective that is. From a plot- listen, nobody would be in from Fates if we used that criteria. Anankos can't work.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First, Jedah and Rudolf? Charisma, tragedy, beauty, sexuality, badassery, popularity, etc.- if you want to be a GHB, you need some of these things. Does Jedah have any? No, not really I think. Does Rudolf? Probably not. Fernand, maybe, but he's the same as Berkut from a unit type perspective barring a Faye/Lucius-like changeup.

Second, let's do a primary antagonist analysis: 

1. Medeus (yay Breath unit, yay original, but he's eh everywhere else). Gharnef (also yay original)? A Red (since Dark seems to equal Red in Heroes) Infantry Mage.
  2. See that above this list.
  3. See notation 1. And for Dark Emperor Hardin- absolutely why not add him. More Armor is better.
  4. Manfroy and Julius- Red Infantry Mages (Julius might be twistable into Green like Naga). Julius is cool, and Manfroy successful (but old and that hurts popularity).
  5. Raydrik- Armor Sword (like the BK and Zephiel), but he and Veld (another RIM) are bland and forgettable.
  6. Zephiel- already in, since he is memorable and added to the limited armor pool. Yuan is at best a "yay Breath", with little lovable about him.
  7. Nergal- a madman with some charisma, but another RIM.
  8. Lyon- a very tragic RIM.
  9. Ashnard- sword flier with personality- yayyyy! Blackie just so happens to overshadow his coworker though.
  10. Well there isn't one villain for the entire game. Jarod would be a rare Lance Infantry, Ludveck (who is blah) an Axe Armor. The Senators? No. The BK's Master whom I am so enamored with? I'll take them for sure, they've got the sym-pa-thy card! They're handsome! They'd be any color but Red for an Infantry Mage barring the dreaded Staff-shafting!
  11. FE13- Grima- FELL DRAGON RAWR! Breath I guess? Very easy to work in. But which sex do we base them off of? Vali-*pukes* It was bad enough they got in Warriors, let's keep them and their incompetency and spinelessness out of here and get Gangrel and Walhart in instead.
  12. FE14- Garon? Yes! From a gameplay perspective that is. From a plot- listen, nobody would be in from Fates if we used that criteria. Anankos can't work.

What's wrong with having a Red Infantry Mage GHB?  We haven't had one as a single GHB yet.  Plus easy access to a Red Mage would be nice, since Tharja's the only good one available at 4* or lower right now, outside of niche counter builds.

For the personality side, that's a matter of taste.  We got one of Ursula, who has little real development outside of her devotion to Sonia, and she got a complete personality transplant for her Heroes depiction.  Then there's Narcian, who's like anti-badass, who's basically a Saturday cartoon villain whose incompetence allows Roy to build momentum.

I personally want Hardin, Nergal, Lyon, and Ashnard added, as well as Mr Spoiler from RD.  I imagine him either being Blue or Green.  I'd go Blue, so he can have WTA over Sanaki, so he can break her heart, but also stop it from beating.  Arvis will be nice too, since he's all but confirmed, but I don't know if he'll be a regular mage or armored.

Just now, Rezzy said:

What's wrong with having a Red Infantry Mage GHB?  We haven't had one as a single GHB yet.  Plus easy access to a Red Mage would be nice, since Tharja's the only good one available at 4* or lower right now, outside of niche counter builds.

Well it's not that they're bad, it's just the matter of spacing them out. DeNA probably should have given us one by now now that I think about it. This said, isn't Arvis coming up? He'll be a flaming red tome infantry (or armor) for sure. 

Now which of Imhullu, Death (for Jedah), Loptyr, Stone, Ereshkigal, Naglfar, and Grima's Truth would have the most powerful innate effect? So many personal dark tomes to choose from.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For the personality side, that's a matter of taste.  We got one of Ursula, who has little real development outside of her devotion to Sonia, and she got a complete personality transplant for her Heroes depiction.

I was not joking when I included sexuality and beauty- Ursula has sufficient mammary gland containers and an elegant attire too. And she's more unique than Sonia the stripper from a gameplay perspective with a horse to her name, Sonia has at best slept with one (I hope she hated it if she did). Linus is the only Four Fang that is missing by the way. Add him, and one could make the Four Fangs an actual unit squad with Jaffar-Ursula-Lloyd-Linus. No Green barring an axe transplant for Linus, but I'm sure it could work.

Narcian has memorability in the form of a lot of appearances prior to his death, if always as the Bernese Buffoon who wouldn't look beautiful no matter how many brandy barrels I drank. I included memorability in the "etc." he appears a lot in FE6. He also seems to be fairly good for meme-ifying- but let's hope that's not a criterion for GHB selections, otherwise Oliver and Cervantes would be coming up sooner than later.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well it's not that they're bad, it's just the matter of spacing them out. DeNA probably should have given us one by now now that I think about it. This said, isn't Arvis coming up? He'll be a flaming red tome infantry (or armor) for sure. 

Now which of Imhullu, Death (for Jedah), Loptyr, Stone, Ereshkigal, Naglfar, and Grima's Truth would have the most powerful innate effect? So many personal dark tomes to choose from.

I was not joking when I included sexuality and beauty- Ursula has sufficient mammary gland containers and an elegant attire too. And she's more unique than Sonia the stripper from a gameplay perspective with a horse to her name, Sonia has at best slept with one (I hope she hated it if she did). Linus is the only Four Fang that is missing by the way. Add him, and one could make the Four Fangs an actual unit squad with Jaffar-Ursula-Lloyd-Linus. No Green barring an axe transplant for Linus, but I'm sure it could work.

Narcian has memorability in the form of a lot of appearances prior to his death, if always as the Bernese Buffoon who wouldn't look beautiful no matter how many brandy barrels I drank. I included memorability in the "etc." he appears a lot in FE6. He also seems to be fairly good for meme-ifying- but let's hope that's not a criterion for GHB selections, otherwise Oliver and Cervantes would be coming up sooner than later.

Ursula shows no signs of sexualized behavior in FE7, and her boobs really weren't that big.  More average than anything else, unless having boobs at all is the qualification.

I kinda hope they give Linus an Axe.  We've got too many Sword Infantry already.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ursula shows no signs of sexualized behavior in FE7, and her boobs really weren't that big.  More average than anything else, unless having boobs at all is the qualification.

Okay, I'll admit I was probably overplaying that and admit her inclusion was fairly random and not really GHB worthy outside of having a good class.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Okay, I'll admit I was probably overplaying that and admit her inclusion was fairly random and not really GHB worthy outside of having a good class.

Rounding out the Four Fangs would be a decent enough reason, if they had release Linus.  His continued absence is a bit odd.

The GHB slowdown in general is odd, since as mentioned, there are dozens, if not hundreds of villains waiting to get in.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

The GHB slowdown in general is odd, since as mentioned, there are dozens, if not hundreds of villains waiting to get in.

It's worth pondering just what is DeNA planning right now. Why no Xander and Camus reruns? Why only 3 units in the Dauntless Crimeans Banner? Are they running out of steam/entering a long haul approach already? Are they conserving it for a holiday extravaganza or next year? Are revenues downs? (Ice Dragon make more money and fangasm over more units you beluga!) Is FE Switch news around the corner (very much doubt it until FEW releases internationally) and they're hiding a pre-release banner for it?

What is their mindset? We don't know. But like with FEW's development process at KT, we so much want to know what the heck is/was going on.

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I remember someone saying Ursula was the go-to splicing source for the bustier female talksprites in romhacking.

Can’t remember the quote though off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Clogon said:

I need to farm 1500 great red badges to upgrade the seals I want... So happy I have Spring Xander!

Whoa. Add that to the list of reasons I wish I pulled on that banner. Now if only they could find a way to make Spring Camilla's Live for Bounty a good skill. 

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I feel like the resources that would have been spent on new GHBs are being siphoned for TT reward units. But let's not forget that 8/14 of the GHB units out there were in the game's code on release, buying them a ton of time to make later units. I'm sure they want to do a ton of GHBs, but these events make them zero money, which puts them at a lower priority than a Fates/Awakening seasonal banner.

14 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Whoa. Add that to the list of reasons I wish I pulled on that banner. Now if only they could find a way to make Spring Camilla's Live for Bounty a good skill. 

I feel like the resources that would have been spent on new GHBs are being siphoned for TT reward units. But let's not forget that 8/14 of the GHB units out there were in the game's code on release, buying them a ton of time to make later units. I'm sure they want to do a ton of GHBs, but these events make them zero money, which puts them at a lower priority than a Fates/Awakening seasonal banner.

Actually it reminds me how they suddenly stopped making Battling 'x' GHB banners for some strange reason.

Although I guess they have been replaced with the BHB banners.

13 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Now if only they could find a way to make Spring Camilla's Live for Bounty a good skill. 

I love her skill! I can't have enough of those crystals. :( It is basically an instant 600 SP to be used before merging and promotion.

3 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I'd be really surprised if any of the seals that are up for creation were ever to be available outside of it again. If I spent 50 Sacred Coins for Deflect Magic only for it to be given away as a quest/TT reward,  I'd be pretty upset about all the resources I've spent, especially if the compensation for repeat seals is still the measly 300 feathers.

Well, ask those who went to grind-hell to win the QP seal from the first TT and got those measly 300 feathers from the Mini-TT. 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I remember someone saying Ursula was the go-to splicing source for the bustier female talksprites in romhacking.

Can’t remember the quote though off the top of my head.

Ice Dragon said it. IIRC it boils down into "Ursula's position on the sprite is significantly more suggestive in effect due to the angle"

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Well, ask those who went to grind-hell to win the QP seal from the first TT and got those measly 300 feathers from the Mini-TT. 

As someone who got to 99,999 points in the first Tempest using only the 5-map Hard tier (over 100 Stamina Pots used...), I had no problem with the rewards coming back. More feathers is more feathers, and getting the seal however many months in advance is a fine enough compromise to me.

Edit: Ninja'd (and galeforced?) by someone who gave a much better answer than me. Pretend that I said something similar, because I agree with everything they said.

Edited by DefaultBeep

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Hm... I'm not entirely sure it's comparable. Well, there is a point of comparison to be made here.

The two Tempests require similar investments. One was easier than the other, but you're doing the same sort of thing. Both also require an investment of stamina only.

For Sacred Seals you can unlock through the forge, you're investing rare materials that are hard to grind, and unless Sacred Coins are added to the Tempest reward list, you're not really getting them back. In addition, those who invested Sacred Coins into, say, Deflect Magic and then it gets released as a TT reward are clearly at a disadvantage to those who chose to invest into, say, Distant Defence 2. I'm not sure if a full refund on the materials is sufficient, but maybe a 10-20 Sacred Coin return instead for repeat Seals. 300 feathers is not really comparable.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hm... I'm not entirely sure it's comparable. Well, there is a point of comparison to be made here.

The two Tempests require similar investments. One was easier than the other, but you're doing the same sort of thing. Both also require an investment of stamina only.

For Sacred Seals you can unlock through the forge, you're investing rare materials that are hard to grind, and unless Sacred Coins are added to the Tempest reward list, you're not really getting them back. In addition, those who invested Sacred Coins into, say, Deflect Magic and then it gets released as a TT reward are clearly at a disadvantage to those who chose to invest into, say, Distant Defence 2. I'm not sure if a full refund on the materials is sufficient, but maybe a 10-20 Sacred Coin return instead for repeat Seals. 300 feathers is not really comparable.

Eh, think of it as "1 season of Coin = 100 feather"

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Edit: Ninja'd (and galeforced?) by someone who gave a much better answer than me. Pretend that I said something similar, because I agree with everything they said.

Wait, was that me?

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Eh, think of it as "1 season of Coin = 100 feather"

...For the Voting Gauntlet quests, maybe. Arena Assault?

@phineas81707 Thats Arena Assault Value. SS burn = 300 feather.

1 Seal = 50 Coin

1 season of AA = 15-ish coins

Therefore it took 3 coin season to get 1 new Seal. 300/3 = 100.

1 Season of Sacred Coins = 100 Feather

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

19 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

1 Seal = 50 Coin

I was questioning whether this is a worthwhile trade, not whether it is the correct one.

19 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

1 Seal = 50 Coin

I was questioning whether this is a worthwhile trade, not whether it is the correct one.

32 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Wait, was that me?

Huh. Your post showed up before mine after I posted it, and then again after mine while I was editing it. I guess it just showed up weird at first, unless it was reported and deleted before I came back. But yeah, you did a better job of actually answering his statement than I did.