Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

Considering this, can we get new Intro Videos for all the Brave Heroes? Like Ike, Brave Ike, Brave Lyn, Brave Lucina, Brave Roy, Sigurd, Deirdre, Celica etc.

I mean the olde one are still nice, but all those chars arent really that shiny anymore (i still dont get why Camilla made it in, but i guess that was because of her 2 melons). Takumi has become Close Counter Fodder, Roy is well replaced by Roy, Lyn got a better version of herself, Robin is become bonfire fodder (seriously)

I think those intro movies stopped so they weren't inflating the file size every time an update with a significant character got added

I'm not sure how big those actually are, but i have to imagine they'd add up. And they probably have stats & feedback enough to see if people skip them or w/e.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

I think those intro movies stopped so they weren't inflating the file size every time an update with a significant character got added

I'm not sure how big those actually are, but i have to imagine they'd add up. And they probably have stats & feedback enough to see if people skip them or w/e.

Is it OK for them to take them out, legally?

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Is it OK for them to take them out, legally?

I don't see why there would be legal issues, so sure they could remove them if they want. But at this point it'd probably be more of a hassle for little pay off so probably they wont do it

17 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

His weapon makes him take 50% damage from the first magic attack, right? Let's say he has 21 Res, including the +3 from Divine Tyrfing. That's one point higher than 5-star Xander when ignoring Tyrfing. A neutral unbuffed Sanaki with her personal weapon has 51 Atk. That's only 15 damage with the damage reduction, so even if his HP is barely above 30, that's still enough to take two full hits and then retaliate with Distant Counter, potentially twice depending on his Spd/if he has Quick Riposte. He'd still struggle against mages like Tharja (and blue mages would likely make quick work of him), but greens and slower reds would pose little threat to him. If his Res gets much higher than that, then he'll reach far greater heights for sure, but even pitiful Res wouldn't ruin him.

17 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Yes. After that, Crusader's Ward takes effect if he has it equipped. 

His speed and res will be key factors here. 

Crusader's Ward only applies to consecutive attacks.

If Sigurd has Distant Counter, he takes 50% damage from the first attack, counterattacks, and takes 100% damage from the second.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

Considering this, can we get new Intro Videos for all the Brave Heroes? Like Ike, Brave Ike, Brave Lyn, Brave Lucina, Brave Roy, Sigurd, Deirdre, Celica etc.

I mean the olde one are still nice, but all those chars arent really that shiny anymore (i still dont get why Camilla made it in, but i guess that was because of her 2 melons). Takumi has become Close Counter Fodder, Roy is well replaced by Roy, Lyn got a better version of herself, Robin is become bonfire fodder (seriously)

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

You mean those opening movies? Yeah I was wondering about this recently as well.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

mm doubt those movies would cost alot rescources (some money) but they would be easy to implement.

On another note considering your Avatar, we need a Silas Summer version in hotpants (best fates butt evar).

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Each movie is about 4 MB.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Crusader's Ward only applies to consecutive attacks.

If Sigurd has Distant Counter, he takes 50% damage from the first attack, counterattacks, and takes 100% damage from the second.

Yeah, that's why I didn't include it and instead suggested something like Quick Riposte to go along with Distant Counter. For the slower mages, only that first hit will happen anyway, and since most of the slow mages have low defense (except Sophia I suppose, but I'd be a bit surprised if Sigurd won't be able to double her), he'll have a decent chance of killing on his counterattack regardless. While I don't think having poor Res will be a dealbreaker for Sigurd with his weapon skill, his Atk and Spd will definitely decide how useful he'll be at actually killing mages, especially the red mages.

Anyway, I just returned, how long has that update been out? I assumed it had been there for a while, but I haven't seen anything about a datamine yet, so now I'm not sure.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, that's why I didn't include it and instead suggested something like Quick Riposte to go along with Distant Counter. For the slower mages, only that first hit will happen anyway, and since most of the slow mages have low defense (except Sophia I suppose, but I'd be a bit surprised if Sigurd won't be able to double her), he'll have a decent chance of killing on his counterattack regardless. While I don't think having poor Res will be a dealbreaker for Sigurd with his weapon skill, his Atk and Spd will definitely decide how useful he'll be at actually killing mages, especially the red mages.

Anyway, I just returned, how long has that update been out? I assumed it had been there for a while, but I haven't seen anything about a datamine yet, so now I'm not sure.

while this is true, you open the flood gates of Reinhardt one shoting him. Reinhardts biggest attack comes in the 2. consucetiv attack being a Quickened Pulse Moonbow attack, which Sigurd definitly wont survive without his B Skill. Considering how prominent Reinhardt is in the Arena meta, i would only run Distant Counter on him but leave his B Slot intact. He might not be able to KO other mages but will most likely survive them with Distant Def Seal. Unless of course you give him Deflect Magic 3, then you only need to worry only for Quad Bow users (depending on his Def stat) and can run Quick Riposte 3 with him.

Just now, Hilda said:

while this is true, you open the flood gates of Reinhardt one shoting him. Reinhardts biggest attack comes in the 2. consucetiv attack being a Quickened Pulse Moonbow attack, which Sigurd definitly wont survive without his B Skill. Considering how prominent Reinhardt is in the Arena meta, i would only run Distant Counter on him but leave his B Slot intact. He might not be able to KO other mages but will most likely survive them with Distant Def Seal. Unless of course you give him Deflect Magic 3, then you only need to worry only for Quad Bow users (depending on his Def stat) and can run Quick Riposte 3 with him.

I know Reinhardt is seen as a terror nowadays, and everyone wants to make any unit into a Reinhardt counter (or at least Reinhardt survivor) if they even have the slightest chance, but I'd rather build Sigurd specifically to have more overall mage coverage than make sure he just survives a single round with one unit. If letting him survive Reinhardt means neutering his chances against tons of other units, then I would rather let him take on the other units better, and leave Reinhardt to someone else. Especially since we're getting Deirdre alongside him; if they stay even somewhat true to how she was in Genealogy, then her Res will be even better than Julia's, which will make her a great counter to both buffed mages (thanks to her tome) and a natural wall against Reinhardt with her Res and color. Plus there's the Deflect Magic Seal like you mentioned, and Sigurd is currently looking like one of the best users of that if his B skill is removed, since most green mages probably don't need it if they're already built to counter him.

Of course, there's also no reason not to build him with more than one kit that can be switched out depending on the situation; so, his B skill could always be kept and built around for modes like Arena Assault, and then changed to something more flexible for modes like Tempest Trial, where only one Reinhardt can ever appear.

Well, that's unfortunate. I couldn't find much on builds for Florina. Brave Lance on here, Berkut's Lance on FEH's subreddit, and a couple of dump Sapphire Lance on her on there as well.

The issue of removing Crusader's Ward on Sigurd is the ability to not surviving Reinhardt anymore, and being pretty much Saber. If Sigurd has 25 res at lv. 40, neutral res assumed and +3 Tyrfing included, +Atk Rein with Death Blow (44+6+10 wta) would deal 17dmg + 35dmg, killing him immediately, because 50+hp on cavs is straight out ridic; I expect sub 40 hp or around 42hp. With Crusader's Ward, Rein would deal 17dmg + 7dmg, making Sigurd a pretty reliable horse. In case Rein has hone cav and Atk seal 1 (44+1+6+6+11 wta) he'd deal 21dmg + 8 (?)dmg with Ward and 21dmg +43dmg without it.

13 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

The issue of removing Crusader's Ward on Sigurd is the ability to not surviving Reinhardt anymore, and being pretty much Saber. If Sigurd has 25 res at lv. 40, neutral res assumed and +3 Tyrfing included, +Atk Rein with Death Blow (44+6+10 wta) would deal 17dmg + 35dmg, killing him immediately, because 50+hp on cavs is straight out ridic; I expect sub 40 hp or around 42hp. With Crusader's Ward, Rein would deal 17dmg + 7dmg, making Sigurd a pretty reliable horse. In case Rein has hone cav and Atk seal 1 (44+1+6+6+11 wta) he'd deal 21dmg + 8 (?)dmg with Ward and 21dmg +43dmg without it.

I'm still just not a fan of building a unit around surviving a single unit and performing worse against most others, when there are other units that can both survive and kill that one unit while still performing well in their own niche. Deirdre already seems to be another good Reinhardt counter with her color, probably high Res (going off of her Genealogy stats), and tome that will negate any bonuses that Reinhardt might have. Even if her Spd is garbage, she comes with Quick Riposte preloaded in her base kit (and if she really can't double Reinhardt naturally, then... well, that's kinda sad). On top of all this, Deirdre performs well as a Reinhardt counter by working within her niche, not by cutting down her ability to fight other units.

Of course, all this is somewhat moot since I'm going for Tailtiu first and Sigurd last, but there are my thoughts regardless. And there's always the Deflect Magic seal, which can be given to Sigurd along with something like Quick Riposte.

Personally, I try to build my characters so that they're more effective in the battles they're best at fighting, even when it comes at the expense of some performance in battles they're already bad at fighting and should be avoiding.

Ok why would you build sig to tank rein to begin with

Because i can see a reason but i cant quite put out what it is. If theres a real reason to run Ward its for no distant counter build but thats mainly because you need it to cover both Lyn and Cellica(before Sig stats is revealed id put her as a threat list because Cellica is a stupid unit)

If they would just release the new update, this would be a much easier discussion, since we're still working largely on assumptions regarding stats. 

Although I really just need to know if Tailtiu is good, I don't care that much about Sigurd or Deirdre right now.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Although I really just need to know if Tailtiu is good, I don't care that much about Sigurd or Deirdre right now.

She has neither Wrath nor Thoron, how can she be good?

Edited by Vaximillian

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She has neither Wrath nor Thoron, how can she be good?

SHE HAS MY LOVE, SHE HAS TO BE GOOD!

I just need her to be faster than Mae. If she has 32 Spd, I can give her Life and Death 3, I can upgrade the Speed Plus seal to +3, and I can give her my Summoner Support, and then she'll be at 42 Spd, which is just fine for a -blade tome user. If she's around as fast as Linde and Tharja, then even better, and I'll finally have a decent infantry blue mage.

And then I'll get her with a Spd bane and I will cry.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

SHE HAS MY LOVE, SHE HAS TO BE GOOD!

She should have got Friegian Thoron, 13 Mt, innate Wrath 2.

Yeah, it’s all about the stats. The only thing we can be sure on is Deirdre being slow and having huge Res.

39 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm still just not a fan of building a unit around surviving a single unit and performing worse against most others, when there are other units that can both survive and kill that one unit while still performing well in their own niche. Deirdre already seems to be another good Reinhardt counter with her color, probably high Res (going off of her Genealogy stats), and tome that will negate any bonuses that Reinhardt might have. Even if her Spd is garbage, she comes with Quick Riposte preloaded in her base kit (and if she really can't double Reinhardt naturally, then... well, that's kinda sad). On top of all this, Deirdre performs well as a Reinhardt counter by working within her niche, not by cutting down her ability to fight other units.

Of course, all this is somewhat moot since I'm going for Tailtiu first and Sigurd last, but there are my thoughts regardless. And there's always the Deflect Magic seal, which can be given to Sigurd along with something like Quick Riposte.

Uhh, it's not about building a unit around a dominant unit in the meta, it's about that he comes with that skill already.

Distant Counter, Quick Riposte and Deflect Magic look like the perfect kit for him but what's its cost?

11 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Ok why would you build sig to tank rein to begin with

Because i can see a reason but i cant quite put out what it is. If theres a real reason to run Ward its for no distant counter build but thats mainly because you need it to cover both Lyn and Cellica(before Sig stats is revealed id put her as a threat list because Cellica is a stupid unit)

What are the chances a regular f2p has access to both Distant Counter and Quick Riposte, skills that are locked to 5☆ units or cost 20K feathers? Past the discussions about optimal setups for units, most of them end up being either impractical or not accessible to most players. If the player throws orbs and money freely to the game, then that's another story, which make setups really easy to achieve.

14 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Uhh, it's not about building a unit around a dominant unit in the meta, it's about that he comes with that skill already.

Distant Counter, Quick Riposte and Deflect Magic look like the perfect kit for him but what's its cost?

What are the chances a regular f2p has access to both Distant Counter and Quick Riposte, skills that are locked to 5☆ units or cost 20K feathers? Past the discussions about optimal setups for units, most of them end up being either impractical or not accessible to most players. If the player throws orbs and money freely to the game, then that's another story, which make setups really easy to achieve.

I mentioned that less as "you should use DC" and more on "QR gud skill"

I think if i run Siggy i'd run Deflect Physical, and QR on B slot personally

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She should have got Friegian Thoron, 13 Mt, innate Wrath 2.

Yeah, it’s all about the stats. The only thing we can be sure on is Deirdre being slow and having huge Res.

I'm really curious how different Deirdre will actually be compared to Julia. Looking at her Genealogy growths, she has higher Res compared to Julia, but lower or equal in everything else. Notably, she has a 70% Magic growth, which would be amazing if Julia didn't have an insane 100% growth. I'm guessing their main difference will be higher Res for Deirdre and higher Atk for Julia, but the rest will be similar with some slight shuffling around here and there.

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Hey, no need to pull out the Hector card on me, I've never pulled him once. It's just more fun to look at what kind of potential he could have, and I think keeping him the way he is, while far from bad, is not letting him live up to his full potential. Of course, again, we don't know for sure what his potential is until his stats are revealed, but as-is, he looks like he'll work well with both his base kit and a near-full overhaul. I just feel that the overhaul would be more beneficial in the long run if the player has the means to build it.

Also, I see no reason to use Quick Riposte 3 if feathers are tight. My Xander only has Quick Riposte 2, but he still works quite well with it. For pretty much every casual or F2P player (and I imagine a lot of whales as well), that 10% is most likely not going to make a difference, so just having it at all (which can be found on two 4-star units and one 3-star) is good enough.

Deirdre seems great for anyone who missed Julia like our very own Vaximillion, bless his soul, but since I have her already, I'm not sure if Deirdre is really worth it. Especially since I like Julia better as a character and in terms of art, so it really comes down to what her stats are like.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Deirdre seems great for anyone who missed Julia like our very own Vaximillion, bless his soul, but since I have her already, I'm not sure if Deirdre is really worth it. Especially since I like Julia better as a character and in terms of art, so it really comes down to what her stats are like.

The weird shit about Deidre is that she's released alongside them making Panic Ploy alvailable to most players, which is kinda weird since she's definitely superior to Julia in every way possible otherwise

As an enemy, yeah she stops Rein/Ursula from stomping them but they usually avoids Julia outside special case to begin with

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The weird shit about Deidre is that she's released alongside them making Panic Ploy alvailable to most players, which is kinda weird since she's definitely superior to Julia in every way possible otherwise

Speaking of Panic Ploy, I'm curious what the new units' HP will be like. Genealogy has weirdly high HP in general compared to every game except Awakening, and the currently available Genealogy characters all have respectable to very high HP values as well; I'm not sure if that was even intentional, but I'm curious what the new ones will have all the same.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

*Vaximillian

I am very protective of my name, thank you very much.

Actually, I prefer Deirdre’s default art to Julia’s default art. Julia’s head is tilted in a such way that makes it appear too big.

I still want both :( Seliph would be delighted to meet his mother and sister in my castle!

(and his father too, but priorities)

26 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Hey, no need to pull out the Hector card on me, I've never pulled him once. It's just more fun to look at what kind of potential he could have, and I think keeping him the way he is, while far from bad, is not letting him live up to his full potential. Of course, again, we don't know for sure what his potential is until his stats are revealed, but as-is, he looks like he'll work well with both his base kit and a near-full overhaul. I just feel that the overhaul would be more beneficial in the long run if the player has the means to build it.

Also, I see no reason to use Quick Riposte 3 if feathers are tight. My Xander only has Quick Riposte 2, but he still works quite well with it. For pretty much every casual or F2P player (and I imagine a lot of whales as well), that 10% is most likely not going to make a difference, so just having it at all (which can be found on two 4-star units and one 3-star) is good enough.

Sorry if I came up a bit aggressive there, it wasn't my intention, it's just that it's quite frustrating to miss this potential based on how most stuff is luck based. I recently got a dupe Takumi and he's basically being held in this mystic altar being praised and honoured by a cohort of Heroes, waiting to be named the Chosen One of close counter.

But yeah, it's wonderful when one achieves it (and kinda hyping when one imagines how godly your unit might turn out) ^^'

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

*Vaximillian

I am very protective of my name, thank you very much.

Actually, I prefer Deirdre’s default art to Julia’s default art. Julia’s head is tilted in a such way that makes it appear too big.

I still want both :( Seliph would be delighted to meet his mother and sister in my castle!

(and his father too, but priorities)

Seliph only meets his mother in the form of a ghost, and actually his father as well. Doesn't this tell you something?

Didn't expect that, did'ya?

Edited by Quintessence