Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Do the Falchions' new Renewal 3 effect still stack with normal Renewal 3?

Just now, silveraura25 said:

……..........Must have Raven.

I wish mine wasn't -Atk.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So in promoting Felicia, turns out when learning skills you can pick from their original weapon (In this case Silver Dagger+) or the new weapon (Felicia's Plate here).

I mean that's one way to handle it, but who in their right mind would ever pick Silver Dagger over Felicia's Plate, or Armorslayer+ over Wing Sword?

Also all my 5* Ravens are +Def -Res or -HP, so guess the refinement means nothing to me... but whatever, +2 Raven with Basilisko pretty neat.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

So in promoting Felicia, turns out when learning skills you can pick from their original weapon (In this case Silver Dagger+) or the new weapon (Felicia's Plate here).

I mean that's one way to handle it, but who in their right mind would ever pick Silver Dagger over Felicia's Plate, or Armorslayer+ over Wing Sword?

It's probably easier to keep the old ones than reprogram it.

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

the tap dungeon, presumably

I had forgotten about that.  I hope it's not too hard.  I can handle most Mario Party mini-games, but I'm not great at them.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's probably easier to keep the old ones than reprogram it.

Yeah, but this'll be an interesting relic of the past to look back on.

"Ah yes, the days when Raven was once Brave Axe+ fodder and Caeda was pity breaking... Troubling times indeed, for they were never wanted for more than a few units..."

Also, Marth gets Spur Spectrum, Alm gets Double Lion at 100% hp (I think anyways, need to know if it means as a Brave effect or as a simple do 2 attacks, ala Brash Assault), and Ylissians get Spectrum Bond. Wrath got buffed kinda (triggering on the AoE pre-battle skills like Blazing Thunder, which is neat I guess), Manaketes will only trigger their transformation once per battle (cool), and I don't know what Eckezachs forge is, anyone wanna tell me?

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

So how do I forget the new weapons? I'm trying to get Felicia's plate but I don't know how to.

You can learn the first version as a normal skill once she's 5*.  Once you learn the first version, you can forge it.

This is just great. I have to use divine dew to use the new weapons at their full potential. You had one job IS!

Edited by silveraura25

So since I have Hinoka I will add her weapon and refinement, 
Hinoka's spear: 16 mt +4atk/spd if infantry or flier ally is within two spaces, 
Refinement: Infantry or Flier allies within two spaces can move adjacent to this unit 

Well, that +5 Raven of mine with Spd/Def is going to get 5*'d with the next batch of feathers.
Sorry, Cherche, you will have to wait for your turn again. Camilla, you will live for another week.

Edited by Zeratul

Hmm, Raven losing the Brave effect means my +Atk -Spd copy probably isn't suitable for promotion. He'll have to wait.

Caeda can go up with an obscene 40 speed, but I don't really know how she can do much more than scratch damage outside of specials. Good thing then that she'll probably fire a special every engagement.

Hinoka changes from inferior Cordelia to superior Tana. This works out well for me because previously the former two were competing for the same spot, whereas now they fulfil different roles.

Felicia is interesting but I only have Res/Def and this doesn't make those natures worthwhile.

Zephiel does nothing for me unless I suddenly get an influx of DC fodder.

Alm suddenly goes from my disappointing pity-breaker to an actual threat, yay.

Chrom's is a little disappointing in that it helps Lucina more, and she was already superior to him. Might promote him anyway though.

Marth is still OG benchlord.

I wonder how this will change how people would prefer to build them? Felicia I don't see needing anything other than +Atk -Def because her Atk still sucks, Raven I think won't change much but then again I don't know much about him, but the others I wonder...?

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Hmm, Raven losing the Brave effect means my +Atk -Spd copy probably isn't suitable for promotion. He'll have to wait.

Caeda can go up with an obscene 40 speed, but I don't really know how she can do much more than scratch damage outside of specials. Good thing then that she'll probably fire a special every engagement.

Hinoka changes from inferior Cordelia to superior Tana. This works out well for me because previously the former two were competing for the same spot, whereas now they fulfil different roles.

Felicia is interesting but I only have Res/Def and this doesn't make those natures worthwhile.

Zephiel does nothing for me unless I suddenly get an influx of DC fodder.

Alm suddenly goes from my disappointing pity-breaker to an actual threat, yay.

Chrom's is a little disappointing in that it helps Lucina more, and she was already superior to him. Might promote him anyway though.

Life and death windsweep phantom speed Alm

From the notice board

Also, with the March Update an entrance to a new mode is planned to be added to the upper-left of the screen.

This new mode is planned to contain maps that can only be played with Legendary Heroes and Heroes that have had a blessing conferred on them.

You can get  Blessing items through Legendary Hero summoning events, Special Training Maps and other events. Prepare your Blessings as you look forward to this new mode!

Interesting! 

Hm...the Wing Sword is interesting to play around with, but idk if I like the fact that I can't straight-up KO Myrrh with it. At least, not unless I also run another Fortify Fliers, and probably a Drive Def 2 seal somewhere, and manipulate the Myrrh into a position to get Def Ploy'd.

Everything else is awesome, though.

Just now, r_n said:

From the notice board

Unless they plan to make Blessings and Legendary Heroes much easier to obtain, this is a bit of a slap in the face to F2P players or really all but the biggest of whales..

Oh...I have enough stones but I need to pick out upgrades in order to get the dew. I already upgraded my dragons, I upgraded Tobin's armor slayer and a few killer weapons. Maybe I should sharpen Frederick's seashell...?

Wrath has been buffed. It now activates on AOE specials like Blazing Thunder. Well if that doesn't prove their viability, I dunno what will.

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Life and death windsweep phantom speed Alm

I spent all this SP making him a medic for this last TT and ended up barely using him because the maps were so easy that regular healers easily got A for speed with no issue. Those new training maps better be good.

I'll probably do my three promotions today as Caeda, Chrom and Tailtiu but it's a bit annoying to level two swords together. Maybe Chrom next week and Lyon today instead, eh. Of course there's still the minuscule chance I get something useful from the SS banner tonight so I'll wait a little longer.

Edited by Humanoid

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Oh...I have enough stones but I need to pick out upgrades in order to get the dew. I already upgraded my dragons, I upgraded Tobin's armor slayer and a few killer weapons. Maybe I should sharpen Frederick's seashell...?

Wrath has been buffed. It now activates on AOE specials like Blazing Thunder. Well if that doesn't prove their viability, I dunno what will.

Buffed? What I understand is that the +10 dmg will be applied to area specials, which makes me think it won't work on skills like Moonbow etc.

7 minutes ago, r_n said:

From the notice board

F2P players can only be counted on to have Fjorm, the free blessing that came with her, and the two blessings that came as TT rewards, one of which doesn't even work with her. Yep, F2P can look forward to one single rigid lineup for this new mode, no substitutions ever.

My water blessing holders are Olivia and Bridelia, together with Fjorm they make a decent core. But then I'd want a green unit to round out the team, but giving the wind blessing to a green unit would be dumb because Gunnthra is green. It'd make sense normally to give it instead to a non-green horse, but that'd severely weaken me for this mode. Ugh, ridiculous.

Edited by Humanoid

30 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Eldigan can be 200% mad and Raven 200% dead or alive.

So Raven can be Dead or Alive to the Extreme?

And I find the idea that a Camus could go super furious berserker strange, since one of their defining personal issues are an inner struggle, not singular mindless rampage. However, Hezul and the Mystletainn seem to the be the dark-oriented of the sword Crusaders to the light-orientation of Baldur and the Tyrfing, and the Eastern/neutrality of Hodr and the Balmung. Fury makes sense in this context.

15 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'm guessing the idea is that he is supposed to be less of a warrior type and more a something else (strategist? ruler?)?

Chrom and Lucina aren't so lore-wise explicable. And I don't see either as falling squarely into a particular category that they're strongest at, like Ike in war and Eliwood in peaceful matters.

Alm getting Double Lion is cool though. Scendscale will have to be saved in some capacity for the Royal Sword variant.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Unless they plan to make Blessings and Legendary Heroes much easier to obtain, this is a bit of a slap in the face to F2P players or really all but the biggest of whales..

You don't make a game mode like this and not give players access to them

Like they already said we'll get some out of the training maps and they've already dipped their feet into giving them as prizes in the tempest. I assume moving forward we will start seeing more given away in quests, tempests (this mini lacked one, but I'm guessing moving forward they'll be permanent fixtures) and quests (definitely thrown into monthyl quests I imagine). I bet the tap dungeon will give at least one as well.

Plus they give F2P playesr Fjorm (Did You Know? You can get her as a 5* hero for FREE by completing chapter 1 of book 2!) and her blessing. Assuming at least one blessing from any of the 5 training maps, that's already 3 and there's almost certainly going to be one consistent freebie SOMEWHERE for you to use. That's already a full team of 4, with 3 of your choosing. If Vanguard Ike wins, that's another hero to use and another blessing available to everyone forever because he'll be in a xenologue.

They'll probably never be super super common, and I'm guessing the content in that mode will be balanced properly. I would not worry about it.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

F2P players can only be counted on to have Fjorm, the free blessing that came with her, and the two blessings that came as TT rewards, one of which doesn't even work with her. Yep, F2P can look forward to one single rigid lineup for this new mode, no substitutions ever.

Come to think of it, why didn't the last TT give a Blessing for a reward?  Unless you're whaling out on the Legendary Banners, not many people have many of them.

Spoiler

So how the heck do Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector qualify as armored units now?