Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

55 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Hmmm...I randomly gave my Lucina Wings of Mercy...maybe that would actually work well with her new refinement..

But i need to build up Dews first. I think I'll go with favouritism and go Hinoka first. I also have a Sanaki but she's not +Atk so she's not high on the priority, but it would go well with Hinoka.

Other Dew refinement upgrades I could do...definitely Raven though. +Spd plus double LaD looks sweet (although I wonder if it's worth doing Fury 3). Maybe Ephraim, but I haven't really been using him. There's also Jeorge and his Parthia but I haven't really been using Jeorge (+Atk is still 4 star) and +Spd Minerva but I dropped her for Skyzura as my green flier lately.

Maybe they're experimenting with Roy first, to see what a more 'balanced' bow cavalry spread could before adding the normal bow units characters like Rath. If anything, Roy can be support with his Bow Valour.

edit: also yeah at least Marth looks like a really good support units for TTs with a Falchion plus the refined effect. Just not super high on the priority list.

I have to go Chrom. Gotta do me. Hinoka will happen, but she's not going to be very active for me so it's a waste right now. Plus we don't know who'll get an upgrade next and when. March will come sooner than you think! Raven... would be an instant pick if I had him. Jeorge's refinement is cool but he's on the backburner since I have to raise him and that's 20k feathers for a unit I'm not in love with while I'm trying to do merge projects.

Roy's mobility alone validates him as a unit. Plus that Massive ATK makes him a prime candidate for a Brave Bow+ at which point he's just as scary as Lyn. Rath will probably be a more balanced unit most likely. Sue would be lighter on the ATK and heavier on the SPD if she got in over her dad.

Marth's is really good and probably slept on. +2 to all stats for basically everybody near by? Stack that with Drives and you have a serious problem on a unit that is very easy to +10. (For me anyways.)

48 minutes ago, Johann said:

@Zeo Felicia's Plate's special refinement is actually a little unique, in that it works on all hits dealt and taken by Felicia (unlike Heavy Blade), regardless of phase (unlike Steady Breath), as long as it's against a magic user. I found this on the youtube; somebody was nice enough to show a demonstration.

Disgusting. Kagero is officially benched. Next good nature Felicia I get is getting upgraded. Best one I got is neutral. Really makes me regret those Felicias I sent home as I know for a fact that one of them was +SPD/-HP. I had so many of her. But that's alright. I'm sure I'll pull more.

All of this really makes me hopeful Matthew will get some kind of prf too. Now I know that the Rogue Dagger+ was buffed up and down and all around but all Daggers got a treat and Felicia sat down there at the bottom with Matt and look what she got. There's no Daggers in the Elibe saga and I'm 100% happy with the Matt I've build and use now. It's just that he deserves the love just as much as Felicia and honestly, because he had no prf I'd be interested in seeing what they do with it and him.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Disgusting. Kagero is officially benched. Next good nature Felicia I get is getting upgraded. Best one I got is neutral. Really makes me regret those Felicias I sent home as I know for a fact that one of them was +SPD/-HP. I had so many of her. But that's alright. I'm sure I'll pull more.

Won’t +Atk be better on Felicia now? It’s not like she’s slow anyway.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Chances are that the Speed will come in handy more than the ATK. 23 and 26 ATK even with a weapon like hers vs 37 and 40 SPD. That 40 speed with something like Swift Sparrow or Darting Blow could be the difference between killing one of the faster units in a single combat and leaving them alive. Linde and Nino are squishy, but not even Felicia with this weapon will kill them in one hit and she's not doubling without +SPD or a straight up breaker. 

Edited by Zeo

How do yall decide on arena defenses? I'm just starting to get back into competitive playing and I remember I could never get any defense wins before. Haven't gotten any so far this week either.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

For how and where I use her, +Spd/-Def is the way to go, and for basically the same reasons @Zeo mentioned. +Atk is still a solid choice though.

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

How do yall decide on arena defenses? I'm just starting to get back into competitive playing and I remember I could never get any defense wins before. Haven't gotten any so far this week either.

Put together a team with great synergy, an easy example being a cavalry or flier team if you have stuff set up for that. You can also screw around with deliberately setting inferior skills or undertrained units mixed with overpowered ones, which lowers your score slightly, but will still earns you the max feathers for a defense win.

There's also the mercy option: Set your team as only a level 40 Valter with no weapon. People will occasionally surrender to you as a way of saying thanks for providing an easy quest completion. This will only work while the Valter GHB is around, but there are more GHBs coming, so you can use those units instead.

So, I've finished the Hero Fest Banner using around 300 orbs (230 I had previous to the banner and the ones I've got since then) and I've got 5xB!Ike, 1xShiro and 1xAmelia. I think I'll never have that luck again, tbh xd. Never thought I'd have B!Ike, less a +4 one xd

20 minutes ago, Johann said:

Put together a team with great synergy, an easy example being a cavalry or flier team if you have stuff set up for that. You can also screw around with deliberately setting inferior skills or undertrained units mixed with overpowered ones, which lowers your score slightly, but will still earns you the max feathers for a defense win.

There's also the mercy option: Set your team as only a level 40 Valter with no weapon. People will occasionally surrender to you as a way of saying thanks for providing an easy quest completion. This will only work while the Valter GHB is around, but there are more GHBs coming, so you can use those units instead.

Synergy seems very hard to evaluate. The units that work great for me on arena offense seem to suck on defense. I don't quite have my horse emblem team worked out yet. I keep planning to do it and then getting some other unit that I really want to build. Although I do have Sigurd and Brave Lyn maxed, and Titania and L'arachel almost at 40 so I could throw them together and see how they do.

Oof, that would require me actually building ghb units instead of just collecting them

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

+spd is the only way she can survive a fully buffed Nino (+16). She might be able to survive through double distant defence, but Kagerou Chart still hasn't updated so I haven't fully explored all the options. 

Decided to 5-star my Chrom too, though it'll be a while before he gets any refinement. I figure Chrom without refinement would be a more useful unit in the interim than Caeda, especially as I may prefer a +atk version if one shows up in time. The other two promotions are Tailtiu who needs no investment, and Lyon because I pulled another junk Roy in my unsuccessful last try for horse Eirika.

I have 200 dew and 106 nuggets at the moment. The dew is reserved for Alm (who only has 100sp at the moment) so Chrom is towards the rear of a fairly long queue, vying with the likes of Hinoka, Lucina, Michalis, Takumi and Jaffar. He's ahead of Eldigan, Sanaki, Marth, "Marth", Seliph, Eliwood and Julia though. Good grief are they Scrooge-like with these nuggets.

P.S. Other units considered for promotion were Athena, Lukas, Roderick, Ursula, Klein (neutral into +atk), Cecilia (Raven+ for Camilla and/or Inigo), Lucius.

@mampfoidDeath Blow instead of Fury now surely?

Edited by Humanoid

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Apparently, there will be a Corrin and Azura BHB.

Hide contents

WfjK0wh.png

HUZZAH!!!

My Fates OTP will the next BHB, what joy.

Slightly miffed that it isn't F!Corrin but M!Corrin needs some spotlight too.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Incest!

Kinda random too. This you'd think they'd have done back when FEH released. Why now?

Foreshadowing Blazing/Shadow/Omega forges for Yato?

Quiet you! If InSyst can force their incest fetish down  my throat then I can sure as hell pretend the cousincest isn't a thing.

It's not that random considering Azura is implied to be Corrin's love interest regardless of their gender.

As for the Omega Yato, god knows that M! Corrin needed that upgrade yesterday.

@mcsilas And I finally got around to uploading a screenshot. :3 I ended up taking off the LaD I had set as his A skill. It looked pretty, but the fragility was a little dangerous, so I replaced it with the Fury I put on him WAY back when I first started building him. So he loses out on 2 ATK and SPD, but gains extra DEF and RES which is actually very useful...because of the second screen shot. It's a beautiful day when Raven can outspeed and fry a DC Ayra. I wish I had checked how many merges she had.

GkHqywk.png?1

QUz8z8x.png?1

7 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I wish I had checked how many merges she had.

If she was of neutral HP nature (and without HP seal), she was at least +8, but also +10 was possible. 

Now I wish I had checked for a +SPD Raven before I SI'ed/merged them. 

Edited by mampfoid
seal

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

If she was of neutral HP nature (and without HP seal), she was at least +8, but also +10 was possible. 

Now I wish I had checked for a +SPD Raven before I SI'ed/merged them. 

Raven was also rocking an extra +6 SPD from his blessing and a Drive SPD, but even so, it was beautiful. +SPD Raven is a beautiful thing. Heck, even +ATK would be a great investment. 

42 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo I went with another Falchion: 

Hide contents

Jv7noiC.png

I must say Windsweep/Fury is not the optimal combination, since Falchion can't heal 11 HP (6 from Fury, 5 from upgraded Falchion) without Renewal. 

@Korath88 What skills are you going to give him? 

Life and Death

Is the Illusory Dungeon the mystery mode or is that being delayed?

Edited by silveraura25

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Life and Death

Is the Illusory Dungeon the mystery mode or is that being delayed?

It’s supposed to start on the 9th according to the in-game notifications. 

Upgraded my Chrom today, I had to,..... in order to feed off his Aether on my Nowi, ololol. Already used all my Dew for Hinoka, Caeda and Alm, can't really see me doing that for Raven, Felicia and the others (maybe Lucina at some point). They wouldn't serve any purpose in my teams.

I must say however, I am not sure yet what build would be optimal for my +Spd/-HP Alm, but I'll try to look up what others do and then decide at some point, but Brave Falchion is pretty neat. Such a shame his other stats are so lackluster, but at least now he is useable. It's also weird how I wish for one or two Phantom Speed seals more. Caeda could potentially use it, Alm could as well and my PA!Olivia is already using it to safely debuff. Never thought I'd see the day where that would be a thing.

@Zeo Nice! I'm still not sure if I should upgrade Masked Marth+2 or +Spd/-Def Lucina +1...but it doesn't matter now because I just upgraded Hinoka's spear with the personal skill! (I really need a Defense win...)

But yeah that Attack stat looks so nice

Went ahead and upgraded the rest of my Dragon's breaths for those Divine Dew (+Res for +Atk/-Spd Adult Tiki, +Def for +Res/-HP Fae) and also Genny's Gravity+.

I need to find 4 more upgrades though, since I want to upgrade Raven's weapon asap since I'm desperate for wins right now (using half-trained Lyon right now with my flier team)

Speaking of, @Rafiel's Aria that's awesome! Raven looks really nice with that upgrade, but yeah, =-10 Def/Res sounds pretty scary. Decision between LaD and Fury is a tough pick for me, just like promoting iether +Spd or +Atk haha. Curse my indecisiveness!

Edited by mcsilas

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

It's not that random considering Azura is implied to be Corrin's love interest regardless of their gender.

As for the Omega Yato, god knows that M! Corrin needed that upgrade yesterday.

The random is referring to the timing, not the pairing. The pairing makes perfect sense (but how much does Azura trust Corrin on BR and CQ, if even when married she hides the existence of Valley and Ananarchy?). They have to do CorrinxAzura because the plot sends it this way, and because doing something else, even something that might have a measure of ingame backing, like CorrinxXander, Jakob, Felicia or Silas, would be too biased and upset ardent shippers.

Though BHBs seem to be more filler to keep a game's representation slightly alive than anything else. Has any of them coincided with some form of greater representation of the same game?

Is incest really incest if its consensual and between two individuals of the same sex so there is no reproduction worry? In this way ForrinxAzura is better than MorrinxAzura.

As for Yato, if they wanted to stretch things out, IS has 6 forms of Yato to draw on. The Noble/Grim/Alpha are too transitory to include I think, but I'm hoping Corrin gets all 3 final forms. Make each oriented towards something different, Blazing is offense, Shadow is defensive, Omega is in-between or something else. 

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Life and Death

I'm really considering giving him that skill, even if 17 RES is pretty low for a dragon hunter. Hopefully they will continue doing 4* banners, because I want one with Sothe (and Cordelia ...). 

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Raven was also rocking an extra +6 SPD from his blessing and a Drive SPD, but even so, it was beautiful. +SPD Raven is a beautiful thing. Heck, even +ATK would be a great investment. 

Mine is +ATK/-SPD unfortunately, but I'm out of Devine Dew anyway. My last remaining 200 will go to either Caeda, Hinoka or Felica. Currently I'm leaning towards Caeda, but I'm out of Galeforce fodder.