• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Said as if lolis weren't a kind of fanservice of their own.

Yeah, but Veronica is not flaunting her flat chest to our faces XD 

Edited by Midnox

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lolis flaunt the assets that they have in other ways.

Hide contents

U5Jt6fP.jpg

Please stop! I almost got diabetes from this

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lolis flaunt the assets that they have in other ways.

Hide contents

U5Jt6fP.jpg

Still not using every single fanservice in the book tho XD. Anyway, Veronica deserves praise, because she got from this:

g1PSPa8mQlK93Env.jpg?w=1090

To this

NintendoWire-FireEmblemHeroes-ChooseYour

I mean, that's kickass. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a line mocking Camilla as result LOL XD 

6 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I mean, that's kickass. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a line mocking Camilla as result LOL XD 

Yeah, and that almost certainly wouldn’t have happened if they didn’t show the standings at the halfway point. Oh well, I suppose I should thank Veronica for ensuring that Eirika wouldn’t be getting a CYL version alongside her overrated brother.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and that almost certainly wouldn’t have happened if they didn’t show the standings at the halfway point. Oh well, I suppose I should thank Veronica for ensuring that Eirika wouldn’t be getting a CYL version alongside her overrated brother.

That was epic, for realz. I remember being upset for Camilla taking the second in the mid results, and Veronica in fifth. I mean, I didn't voted for her at first because I didn't see she had a chance, but that made me upset because she was so close to earn her place. But ya'll were like "Holy shit m8s, Veronica is close to get her brave version, LET'S VOTE FOR HER". Next thing I know, Veronica won the second place, AND her right to be a brave hero. I remember being skeptical when the results came out, because I didn't think such a miraculous victory was ever possible. This should be engraved in the game's history, as this is Chrom vs Ephraim Voting Gauntlet levels of community memetic epicness. I can picture the commercial, another cheesy live action with some focus on BVeronica, being the unofficial mascot of the game 

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Spoiler

Though I do find his fort conquering feat to be dubious. Seems a bit unrealistic compared to other Fire Emblem games where there's a lot more effort put into it. Though that's just my opinion please don't get triggered from this Ephraim fans

Edited by silveraura25

Split votes were a mistake. I voted for the lower placing Tormod, who would've placed higher overall if it weren't for split votes.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Marth having got screwed out of the second place was complete bullshit.

I'm sorry, whose that? Did you perhaps mean Martha? Auto-correct every single time. Shadow Dragon was my first FE game so I hope they do something for him

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Split votes were a mistake. I voted for the lower placing Tormod, who would've placed higher overall if it weren't for split votes.

I'm curious as to whether or not IS will resolve this issue for the next CYL

Edited by silveraura25

Thracia banner, we're almost there!

Can't wait to see Finn and Leif but from a gameplay perspective I'm actually more interested in Nanna. It's been a LONG time since we've gotten a healer so I wonder, will she be a fairly standard unit or will they actually pull of something crazy with her?

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yup, I couldn't agree more. If CYL 3 ever becomes a thing, then it better rectify that problem by having each character only appear under the game they were introduced in or the game they were most prominent in (mainly in regards to Leif and Eliwood). As in, Catria would only be on the ballot under Shadow Dragon and Soren would only be under Path of Radiance, etc. There would probably be some exceptions (Anna, Tiki, characters with multiple identities).

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

Can't wait to see Finn and Leif but from a gameplay perspective I'm actually more interested in Nanna. It's been a LONG time since we've gotten a healer so I wonder, will she be a fairly standard unit or will they actually pull of something crazy with her?

Earth Staff perhaps. Staff version of Earth Sword. Or maybe res tank DC sword

I wouldn't have split any of the FE1/3/11/12 cast or the Tellius cast. Or characters like Leif, Finn, and Nanna. Karel, Bartre, and Tiki are in a gray zone where they're different enough from both appearances and could justify it? Maybe the Annas, too. Then again, you'd have a messy issue of which characters being split is justified and others are not.

So I suppose the main issue with not splitting votes is which appearance do the developers go with if a character has varying appearances, but still. I don't think people who, for example, "hate Ike" in general were ever going to throw in a vote for PoR!Ike even if they only dislike RD!Ike and think PoR!Ike is fine, just because Ike was split between PoR and RD, so I don't really see the point of splitting most the characters anyway.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Earth Staff perhaps. Staff version of Earth Sword. Or maybe res tank DC sword

Earth staff would be cool assuming it is well balanced.

And Res tank DC sword is an interesting idea. Could a cavalier with an Earth sword in Heroes be balanced? 

8 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Earth staff would be cool assuming it is well balanced.

And Res tank DC sword is an interesting idea. Could a cavalier with an Earth sword in Heroes be balanced? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Though a res tank unit with a built-in DC weapon is interesting. Wish they'd make her more frail then and add those points from defense into speed.

1 hour ago, Hekselka said:

She's going to be crazy I predict.  She's the first staff unit in a long time, and healers are still considered among the weakest unit types.  I think she'll get a PRF version of the absorb staff, it will have higher might and calculate damage like non staff weapons.  I can't wait for the trailer!

Veronica is loli, but she is like Myrrh.  Her appeal is all super cuteness.  It isn't to appeal to lolicons, who are more into Nowi and similar type sexualized child characters.  Veronica's rise to 2nd place is largely due to how much people want a playable version of her, and seeing that she was at 5th during mid result that there was actually a chance to realize this dream. Kind of similar to W!Tharja, almost beating V!Ike.  People saw she could actually win during mid result, and many switched their votes to her.  

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I don't mind Ephraim wining, but I agree with the statement. Unlike the original and adult Tiki, or the Anas, those Marths aren't different enough to have been split like that. I hope they rectify this by making a Brave Heroes Tempest Trials with Brave Marth as the reward or something 

The easiest way to deal with split votes is to allow players to vote for each separate entry, but combine those entries when determining the winners.

28 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

It isn't to appeal to lolicons, who are more into Nowi and similar type sexualized child characters.

You have a very narrow definition of "lolicon" and a very narrow idea of what appeals to whom.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The easiest way to deal with split votes is to allow players to vote for each separate entry, but combine those entries when determining the winners.

You have a very narrow definition of "lolicon" and a very narrow idea of what appeals to whom.

Well I'm not an expert in the field, but I always thought lolicons were sexually attracted to prepubescent girls.  Thus media presenting such girls in a sexual manner, either through the way they act, or revealing clothing, etc would appeal to them.  I mean that is what most sources seem to indicate.