Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Would Nowi be a good candidate for Fierce Stance? As far as I can tell, she's the only one I have that seems like she'd use it well. I gave her Vantage, so it would synergize with that at least. But could there be someone better for it?

I want to get rid of this stupid Kana I pulled, and my dragon team already has dragon buffs. I don't need her since I have Myrrh and I don't like her anyway. She was my free pull because I had no colorless. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Would Nowi be a good candidate for Fierce Stance? As far as I can tell, she's the only one I have that seems like she'd use it well. I gave her Vantage, so it would synergize with that at least. But could there be someone better for it?

I want to get rid of this stupid Kana I pulled, and my dragon team already has dragon buffs. I don't need her since I have Myrrh and I don't like her anyway. She was my free pull because I had no colorless. >_>

It's nice alternative to Steady Breath, a more consistent offensive one against the special-focused option.

Edited by Troykv

20 minutes ago, Troykv said:

It's nice alternative to Steady Blow, a more consistent offensive one against the special-focused option.

Huh? How does this answer my question when firstly, Nowi doesn't naturally have that skill, and second, I don't think a skill by that name even exists?

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Huh? How does this answer my question when firstly, Nowi doesn't naturally have that skill, and second, I don't think a skill by that name exists?

Okay, I think I misunderstood your question... I think you was asking if you should use your F!Kana into Nowi, and say yes... and Steady Breath is the usually the best option because of the Aether Procs, but Fierce Stance can work too.

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Steady/Warding breath are IMO the best A-skills for Nowi. Fierce stance would be extremely good on her when paired with QR 3.

All of the Stance/Breath skills are best used when you can double so either a very speedy unit or a unit with QR 3 makes the best use of them. I don't know what your team looks like but Freddy could make really good use of it with QR 3.

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Steady/Warding breath are IMO the best A-skills for Nowi. Fierce stance would be extremely good on her when paired with QR 3.

All of the Stance/Breath skills are best used when you can double so either a very speedy unit or a unit with QR 3 makes the best use of them. I don't know what your team looks like but Freddy could make really good use of it with QR 3.

Well, I never have those skills since I prefer to merge my Ikes, not fodder them. So who else would want Fierce Stance then? Maybe I have someone else. Not Frederick, he already has Steady Stance and he's keeping it. I gave up a BK for that man, and he's limited. I'd hate for it to go to waste.

6 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Okay, I think I misunderstood your question... I think you was asking if you should use your F!Kana into Nowi, and say yes... and Steady Breath is the usually the best option because of the Aether Procs, but Fierce Stance can work too.

...I'm still not sure I get what you're trying to tell me. My Nowi doesn't have Aether though.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I'm still not sure I get what you're trying to tell me. My Nowi doesn't have Aether though.

Okay... I think I need to explain this in a more... complex way.

Look; Nowi usually likes to have Steady Breath because that is the skill that makes Aether faster and helps her survivabilty the most... but, as you probably known Steady Breath is a rare skill (a very rare skill in-fact); and considering your avatar... I doubt you would like to fodder an Ike.

So; thanks to the gods of luck you got Kana right? Well, Fierce Stance works in similar way to other stances skills like Steady Stance; so, it's a enemy-phase skill; and how Nowi is most of the time used for enemy-phase (with skills like Quick Ripostle), she will be do a good use of the skill... just remember to give her QR, you will ended up doing more damage even if Nowi is slower than the enemy.

Edited by Troykv

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

Okay... I think I need to explain this in a more... complex way.

Look; Nowi usually likes to have Steady Breath because that is the skill that makes Aether faster and helps her survivabilty the most... but, as you probably known Steady Breath is a rare skill (a very rare skill in-fact).

So; thanks to the gods of luck you got Kana right? Well, Fierce Stance works in similar way to other stances skills like Steady Stance; so, it's a enemy-phase skill; and how Nowi is most of the time used for enemy-phase (with skills like Quick Ripostle), she will be do a good use of the skill... just remember to give her QR, you will ended up doing more damage even if Nowi is slower than the enemy.

...What?

You're still making no sense. I want to fodder this Kana to someone. Not use her. She has shitty IVs anyway.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What?

You're still making no sense. I want to fodder this Kana to someone. Not use her. She has shitty IVs anyway.

... ???

Okay... Do you want me to be so blunt about the subject?... Very well

Fodder that Kana to your best enemy phase unit... Foddder her to Nowi if that is your desire... Just fodder her already.

Edited by Troykv

Just now, Troykv said:

... Do you are serious? 

Okay... Do you want me to be so blunt about the subject?... Very well

Fodder that Kana to your best enemy phase unit... Foddder her to Nowi if that is your desire... Just fodder her already.

"Do you are serious" What?

My best enemy phase unit is Frederick, like I said, and he's not getting it because he has Steady Stance already. I'm asking for who else would use it well besides him or Nowi if Nowi is not the best candidate. That's all.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

"Do you are serious" What?

My best enemy phase unit is Frederick, like I said, and he's not getting it because he has Steady Stance already. I'm asking for who else would use it well besides him or Nowi if Nowi is not the best candidate. That's all.

Okay, I'll admit that one was actually my fault for messing up the words.

Character that use it besides Nowi? I was in fact answering you first question about Nowi being a good user of the skill.

But... well, pretty much any enemy phase unit that it's decently tanky and uses QR/Vengeful Fighter; they'll be good users of Fierce Stance; like pretty much any dragon.

Which enemy-phase units you like to use? I would like to know which options you actually are considering.

Edited by Troykv

3 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Okay, I'll admit that one was actually my fault for messing up the words.

Character that use it besides Nowi? I was in fact answering you first question about Nowi being a good user of the skill.

But... well, pretty much any enemy phase unit that it's decently tanky and uses QR/Vengeful Fighter; they'll be good users of Fierce Stance; like pretty much any dragon.

Okay then, that better answers things. But I don't have any unit with those skills that doesn't already have a good A skill. There's no one else?

EDIT: @DarkLordIvy None of my Ikes run a build like that. Closest would be RD Ike, but I like his Warding Breath.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Okay then, that better answers things. But I don't have any unit with those skills that doesn't already have a good A skill. There's no one else?

There are any unit you usually uses with the QR seal?

And.. I think you should consider give it to someone with a Weapon that is good in Enemy-Phase (like a Slaying-like Weapon or a Distant Counter or something else that it's good in Enemy-Phase).

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd say any unit who does well to counter a variety of threats is a good choice, especially if you don't need to use their A skill to pad their defenses. Another great use is if you have anyone with very high Atk (like say, Ryoma) who can use Vantage to one-shot enemies, even if their other stats are poor.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'd say any unit who does well to counter a variety of threats is a good choice, especially if you don't need to use their A skill to pad their defenses. Another great use is if you have anyone with very high Atk (like say, Ryoma) who can use Vantage to one-shot enemies, even if their other stats are poor.

Ryoma doesn't sound like a bad idea. Though mine is -Spd, which I hate... But that extra Atk on enemy phase might help him not have to double much anyway.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

You might want to consider prioritizing Water Breath over Fierce Stance since it is a nice alternative to Lightning Breath. Water Breath-Distant Counter gives more bulk over Lightning Breath-Steady/Warding Breath, and for slower dragons, they can still activate Bonfire in their first round of combat with Water Breath-Distant Counter.

Just now, XRay said:

You might want to consider prioritizing Water Breath over Fierce Stance since it is a nice alternative to Lightning Breath. Water Breath-Distant Counter gives more bulk over Lightning Breath-Steady/Warding Breath, and for slower dragons, they can still activate Bonfire in their first round of combat with Water Breath-Distant Counter.

Never had any Distant Counter, so that combo is impossible for me. I'm prioritizing Fierce Stance still.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ryoma doesn't sound like a bad idea. Though mine is -Spd, which I hate... But that extra Atk on enemy phase might help him not have to double much anyway.

Yeah, mine's +Atk/-Spd, so Vantage has been his best bet. Going all in on his Atk makes him pretty formidable though, so I keep Delthea around him.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

Yeah, mine's +Atk/-Spd, so Vantage has been his best bet. Going all in on his Atk makes him pretty formidable though, so I keep Delthea around him.

Well, mine is +HP or +Def, can't remember which. So I don't have the extra Atk.

Edited by Anacybele

10 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Lmao nooooooooooooo. Nanna is honestly pretty meh. She hits like a wet noodle and brings very little to the table outside of her staff. I’m going to dread the thought of pulling her. The one silver lining is that she’s the first healer to carry two skills, which brings hope for future healers that they won’t be completely garbage for SI. 

Healers in general are for the ones with bigger pockets to play around with. They suck for F2P players because they require 5*, merges, refined weapons, and probably Close Counter to unleash their monstrous hell on the enemies. But that one developer map and Lu Bu Feng Xian's shows that an invested healer team is annoying at worst and nigh unstoppable at best. 

21 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Healers in general are for the ones with bigger pockets to play around with. They suck for F2P players because they require 5*, merges, refined weapons, and probably Close Counter to unleash their monstrous hell on the enemies. But that one developer map and Lu Bu Feng Xian's shows that an invested healer team is annoying at worst and nigh unstoppable at best. 

Definetely. Healers are one of the most cancerous units one can go up against. The recent maps (Raven and Lucius BHB, Takumi GHB) featuring dazzling staff enemies are proof of that

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Definetely. Healers are one of the most cancerous units one can go up against. The recent maps (Raven and Lucius BHB, Takumi GHB) featuring dazzling staff enemies are proof of that

Female Robin/Grima had that Troubadour with a Dazzling Slow too. 

3 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Female Robin/Grima had that Troubadour with a Dazzling Slow too. 

Oh yeah. That was annoying