• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Question: Should I try to pull with 65 orbs for the legendary banner?

Asking as I didn't get much out of it and unless I get a big surprise I doubt that I'll be that interested in the Hallow'een banner (But then again I have been easily surprised lately).

Cleared up to Lunatic of Ishtar and Reinhardt's Battle with Spring Catria, Brave Lyn (who only used Reposition) Swordhardt, and Ethlyn. I was surprised I managed to do Lunatic on the first attempt and even more surprised Swordthardt and Catria soloed the map both times (well, in Lunatic, Ethlyn helped finish off one enemy). Horse Emblem probably won't let me beat Infernal, though~

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Question: Should I try to pull with 65 orbs for the legendary banner?

Asking as I didn't get much out of it and unless I get a big surprise I doubt that I'll be that interested in the Hallow'een banner (But then again I have been easily surprised lately).

Tiki (and the other Legendary Heroes) will always be back if she's who you're going for. If you don't think Halloween will interest you, I'd say go ahead and pull, though.

9 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Horse Emblem probably won't let me beat Infernal, though~

Depending on who your team are. I didn’t really expect my Cecilia to tank (but I did expect her to kill) both the archer and Ishtar, and that basically won me a map.

Then again, not everyone has my Cecilia.

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Cleared up to Lunatic of Ishtar and Reinhardt's Battle with Spring Catria, Brave Lyn (who only used Reposition) Swordhardt, and Ethlyn. I was surprised I managed to do Lunatic on the first attempt and even more surprised Swordthardt and Catria soloed the map both times (well, in Lunatic, Ethlyn helped finish off one enemy). Horse Emblem probably won't let me beat Infernal, though~

Infernal's not that bad. If you can finish Ishtar on turn 1 and have a good red to kill the green dragon with vantage go for it!

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Depending on who your team are. I didn’t really expect my Cecilia to tank (but I did expect her to kill) both the archer and Ishtar, and that basically won me a map.

Then again, not everyone has my Cecilia.

For this map I went with S!Catria, Swordhardt, B!Lyn, and Ethlyn, but Lyn and Ethlyn didn't really do anything and I don't think Catria will be strong enough for Infernal. Reinhardt's guarenteed to be doubled. I may try with L!Lyn, L!Lucina (or maybe my own Ishtar), L!Marth and a dancer.

59 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Infernal's not that bad. If you can finish Ishtar on turn 1 and have a good red to kill the green dragon with vantage go for it!

Whenever we have dragons I immediately go for L!Marth~ I'll see if he works out~ But yeah, I'm most worried about being able to reach Ishtar on Turn 1. Being able to take her and Reinhardt out on the first turn is basically how I got past the other maps since they're both the biggest threats.

23 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

For this map I went with S!Catria, Swordhardt, B!Lyn, and Ethlyn, but Lyn and Ethlyn didn't really do anything and I don't think Catria will be strong enough for Infernal. Reinhardt's guarenteed to be doubled. I may try with L!Lyn, L!Lucina (or maybe my own Ishtar), L!Marth and a dancer.

I just tested my Cecilia with raven and TA2 instead blade and DB4 (but with +10, though; can’t remove those), and she still survives (but barely doesn’t kill) Ishtar and survives and kills the archer:
Screenshot_20181004-220831.png
(disregard the stupid placement of the rest of the team; Xander was one tile to the right in the winning try, Lyn was in his place, and Rein was in hers)
The rest of the team each picked their own target and removed it: Reinhardt beat himself, Cecilia finished Ishtar (lolVantage), Lyn the red mage, and Xander the green cav:
Screenshot_20181004-221726.png

Then we danced around the manakete for about a turn until Lyn was able to dispatch of it with Desperation:
Screenshot_20181004-221948.png

But Desperation isn’t all that fair, so I let her kill herself on Xander instead (Fury 3, QR2, Bonfire):
Screenshot_20181004-222020.png

Stage clear. Horse buffs are that good, TA raven is that good as well.

39 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Whenever we have dragons I immediately go for L!Marth~ I'll see if he works out~ But yeah, I'm most worried about being able to reach Ishtar on Turn 1. Being able to take her and Reinhardt out on the first turn is basically how I got past the other maps since they're both the biggest threats.

Most people i have seen use Fliers, but i did it by tanking her and the Archer with L!Tiki (who had Daylight and Blue Tomebreaker).

Reinhardt not that big a treat if you don't leave someone fot him to hit on 1st turn. I killed him on Lunatic with a standart issue Nephenee that i hid on the forest. On Infernal i debuffed him with Veronica by killing a nearby dude and blocked him between both my L!Ike and my L!Tiki.

Oh, and i also had Brave Ehprahim with me, but all he did was give Tiki a dose of Fortify Armor.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Tiki (and the other Legendary Heroes) will always be back if she's who you're going for. If you don't think Halloween will interest you, I'd say go ahead and pull, though.

I must admit I tried.

I got a bunch of bad fodder, I really shouldn't bother on that few.

44 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I must admit I tried.

I got a bunch of bad fodder, I really shouldn't bother on that few.

I understand that urge though. i'm sorry you got bad fodder. I only lucked out because i got an itunes card, and then i did a summon for Miciciah  - and landed two minus attack tikis. (STILL STRONG), but ... boo. lol. 

in other news even with the help regarding getting Fjorm with a sacred seal, I think im dropping back down to 17. boo. 
I was only able (per usual) to do one of the Bound Hero Battles (the first one) LOL i can't wait until i can actually beat these things on higher levels. 

honestly, i'm thinking by the end of OCtober, i'm gonna have a nice tidy sum of orbs. i've already have 72. (but it's coming at some sacrifices - not going for more Ishtars, and not going for more Flying!Ninos (or horse Erikas). the hope: they become on Legendary Banners. my new focus is going to be Airzura (New Years) and Winter!Tharja. 

Omnibreaker Hector is fun. Kind of want to give Myrrh Quick Riposte 3 now and she's +Def, so she'd have more coverage with Great Flame's effect. I've heard that +Spd, -HP apparently is a good boon and bane for her since +Spd is a super boon and she'd be able double some units, well, slower units, especially when she's myyerged.

Also, while doing the monthly armor quests with Hector, I noticed that +Def, -Res gives him the same defense and resistance as Arden. Not as neat as Minerva ending up with Michalis's defense and resistance if she has the same boon and bane combo since they're family, but whatever.

Arden being able to run an Omnibreaker build would be interesting. Question is would he be forced to use Quick Riposte as a seal because they end up giving him a sword with Wary Fighter which would conflict with Follow-up Ring or would it be some sort of check like Great Flame to prevent follow-ups? His massive 41 base defense with a Great Flame defense check would work pretty well.

Edited by Kaden

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I just tested my Cecilia with raven and TA2 instead blade and DB4 (but with +10, though; can’t remove those), and she still survives (but barely doesn’t kill) Ishtar and survives and kills the archer:
Screenshot_20181004-220831.png
(disregard the stupid placement of the rest of the team; Xander was one tile to the right in the winning try, Lyn was in his place, and Rein was in hers)
The rest of the team each picked their own target and removed it: Reinhardt beat himself, Cecilia finished Ishtar (lolVantage), Lyn the red mage, and Xander the green cav:
Screenshot_20181004-221726.png

Then we danced around the manakete for about a turn until Lyn was able to dispatch of it with Desperation:
Screenshot_20181004-221948.png

But Desperation isn’t all that fair, so I let her kill herself on Xander instead (Fury 3, QR2, Bonfire):
Screenshot_20181004-222020.png

Stage clear. Horse buffs are that good, TA raven is that good as well.

Nice clear~ I won't be able to replicate Cecilia, but are the others merged, too? 

3 hours ago, RexBolt said:

Most people i have seen use Fliers, but i did it by tanking her and the Archer with L!Tiki (who had Daylight and Blue Tomebreaker).

Reinhardt not that big a treat if you don't leave someone fot him to hit on 1st turn. I killed him on Lunatic with a standart issue Nephenee that i hid on the forest. On Infernal i debuffed him with Veronica by killing a nearby dude and blocked him between both my L!Ike and my L!Tiki.

Oh, and i also had Brave Ehprahim with me, but all he did was give Tiki a dose of Fortify Armor.

Would love a L!Tiki or Veronica. I could probably clear a lot of Infernal maps if I had them. XP Now that I think about it, maybe I'll try Hardin. 

12 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Nice clear~ I won't be able to replicate Cecilia, but are the others merged, too? 

Xander and Lyn don’t have any merges at all, Reinhardt is +2 but looking at the damage numbers it doesn’t seem to matter. I’d even assume that his being +Atk didn’t matter in that particular case. He did have to get honed because otherwise he missed the kill on himself by 10 HP. With Hone Cavalry, however, he even quadrupled and would have killed him even without those Atk boosts. 

34 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Would love a L!Tiki or Veronica. I could probably clear a lot of Infernal maps if I had them. XP Now that I think about it, maybe I'll try Hardin. 

My luck in pulling Veronica out of the banner! I actually choose Brave Celica on the CYL2 banner, but as i got more into the game i noticed i'm more of a Enemy-phase dude than a player-phase one, maybe it's a bad habit coming from the enemy-phase-heavy main games, but it menas i hardly use Celica anymore. Now high Def/Res units and those that can counter like hell, like my beloved Ikes, are the ones i use the most together with debuffing units for support.

52 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

me too. I have to merge my two Likis (i modded one with Bonfire and i'm thinking that will make life easier). there are just so many maps i can't even touch. :(

So we'll hopefully see a new calendar in a few days...  If I'm reading it right, we don't have any new events past the Special Heroes summoning event next week.  I'm hoping for a book three release date, but I'm a bit worried we won't get that yet, since they just did an update at the start of the month.  I'm also hoping for a GC (unlikely, since we just finished one) or TT soon- Voting Gauntlets are boring since they're basically lotteries, and I need something to do XD.  Even better... give us something new!

So, I had some funds on my phone after I redeemed a gift card I got around my birthday, and so I finally bought the starter pack. I now have 12 orbs, but I don't think I'll spend them on the legendary ... even though I want to. I'll save up to see if there's anything I want on Halloween, and if not I'll spend on the Ishtar banner until I get a 5-star. Any 5-star.

I'm still tempted to try pulling on the Legendary banner, since everything but L.Ike, Micaiah and Jaffar would be welcome. I've especially been waiting for S.Catria to rerun to try for one that's not -atk, but it's been so many months without me using her I almost don't care anymore. The rest of the blue pool is kind of shaky since I have 0 need for more Micaiahs and my only interest in Tiki would be for arena scoring next season, but that feels like a wasteful reason to spend orbs. I really hope Halloween will make skipping this banner worth it.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I'm still tempted to try pulling on the Legendary banner, since everything but L.Ike, Micaiah and Jaffar would be welcome. I've especially been waiting for S.Catria to rerun to try for one that's not -atk, but it's been so many months without me using her I almost don't care anymore. The rest of the blue pool is kind of shaky since I have 0 need for more Micaiahs and my only interest in Tiki would be for arena scoring next season, but that feels like a wasteful reason to spend orbs. I really hope Halloween will make skipping this banner worth it.

even if it wasn't - the next legendary would be good right? :) 

Im still here praying there will be another Hardin banner

The other consecutive Hardin banners are a disaster for me. Almost on par with Brave Roy disaster which i want to forgot so often i dont even remember i have +3 Sigurd a lot of time

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Im still here praying there will be another Hardin banner

The other consecutive Hardin banners are a disaster for me. Almost on par with Brave Roy disaster which i want to forgot so often i dont even remember i have +3 Sigurd a lot of time

i hope you get one. 
I got my Hardin on an off focus (which really makes no sense to me. but that is what it is). I had serious disasters with Micicah banners. 

17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

even if it wasn't - the next legendary would be good right? :) 

Hopefully! Summer Noire stands a chance of being on it, which could make for a great colorless pool for me next time since I really want her. (maybe I can pick up a better IV Grima along the way, too)

3 hours ago, Venmi said:

So we'll hopefully see a new calendar in a few days...  If I'm reading it right, we don't have any new events past the Special Heroes summoning event next week.  I'm hoping for a book three release date, but I'm a bit worried we won't get that yet, since they just did an update at the start of the month.  I'm also hoping for a GC (unlikely, since we just finished one) or TT soon- Voting Gauntlets are boring since they're basically lotteries, and I need something to do XD.  Even better... give us something new!

The current one only goes untill the 10th of orctober, so i also think so.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Xander and Lyn don’t have any merges at all, Reinhardt is +2 but looking at the damage numbers it doesn’t seem to matter. I’d even assume that his being +Atk didn’t matter in that particular case. He did have to get honed because otherwise he missed the kill on himself by 10 HP. With Hone Cavalry, however, he even quadrupled and would have killed him even without those Atk boosts. 

My Reinhardt's +Atk, so I'll keep seeing if I can get him to work~

5 hours ago, RexBolt said:

My luck in pulling Veronica out of the banner! I actually choose Brave Celica on the CYL2 banner, but as i got more into the game i noticed i'm more of a Enemy-phase dude than a player-phase one, maybe it's a bad habit coming from the enemy-phase-heavy main games, but it menas i hardly use Celica anymore. Now high Def/Res units and those that can counter like hell, like my beloved Ikes, are the ones i use the most together with debuffing units for support.

Yeah, Enemy Phase units are some of the biggest threats. I need to get more into it. Which Distant/Close Counter were easier to come by, would be good on so many of my units~ XP

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

me too. I have to merge my two Likis (i modded one with Bonfire and i'm thinking that will make life easier). there are just so many maps i can't even touch. :(

She'll be a big help once you get her merged XP