Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

In the <Home> screen, tap the silver coin icon that is right below your Hero Feather number. In the <Sacred Seal Forge> screen, you will see either the <Enhancement> or <Creation> menu. Swipe to the <Creation> menu and choose Quick Riposte.

Once you have created it, tap <Allies>, then tap <Change Equipment>, then tap <Equip Seals>, then tap Fjorm and tap Quick Riposte.

oooh cool! thanks!
wow i have a lot of skills here. 

oohh that's what those silver coins come in from. and my little coloured thingies. thanks xray. :)

Edited by daisy jane

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Broke 200K feathers with natural accumulation because my current merge projects don't want to show up. I'm stingy with my feathers I don't want to promote 3* copies so I'm just going to have to wait until a 4* copy shows up. Caeda, please show up as +Atk and -Def or -HP so I can start working on a new merge project.  

3 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Broke 200K feathers with natural accumulation because my current merge projects don't want to show up. I'm stingy with my feathers I don't want to promote 3* copies so I'm just going to have to wait until a 4* copy shows up. Caeda, please show up as +Atk and -Def or -HP so I can start working on a new merge project.  

congrats! i send you Caeda vibes!

does anyone think it's beneficial to merge Ethlyn?

22 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Didn't know the solo skills were possible to inherit for healers ... didn't know solo skills would become a think when I sacrificed Tana. 

I think IS should re-think many restrictions of skills (Flashing Blade!) before starting book III or FEH 3.0. 

I agree, they definitely should open up some more options for healers.  Flashing blade should be able to be used by fliers/cavalry as well.  Atk/Spd solo...I hope it never comes, just cause it is will just make most other offensive skills useless.  

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

I agree, they definitely should open up some more options for healers.  Flashing blade should be able to be used by fliers/cavalry as well.  Atk/Spd solo...I hope it never comes, just cause it is will just make most other offensive skills useless.  

They won't become 100% useless, but that skill will make many units stronger and IS richer.

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

They won't become 100% useless, but that skill will make many units stronger and IS richer.

I mean swift sparrow will be useless, darting blow useless, it will be better than pretty much any player phase skill for player phase units.  If it had something like no allies within 2 spaces like an actual sort of drawback I would find it more acceptable.  

I do agree it is probably coming anyways.  Though I think it will be a bad case of powercreep when it does.  

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

Merging characters is a good way to gradually improve the ones you love, but with a high cost, I don't recommend doing it without putting a good deal of thought into it. A few things about merges:

• Merged characters gain/keep any skills inherited or learned, as well as the blessing they have.
  • The stat boosts always give you +1 to two different stats, in a set pattern. If you get a character to +10 merges (the cap), they'll have +4 to all stats.
  • If the character getting the merge is not the same number of stars, they won't get the stat boost, and instead only gain some SP and whatever skills the other character has inherited or learned.
  • Merging increases the score value of a character in Arena and other modes where unit strength is considered. This boost is pretty significant, and it's worthwhile to keep that in mind if you enjoy modes like Arena and want to get higher scores in the long term.
  • Certain characters, like those from Tempest Trials (like Ethlyn) or Grand Hero Battles (like Xander), can only be merged so much at this point due to how few copies there are of them available. If you like using these characters and want to see them improve, then by all means go for it! But bear in mind that the feather investment might be a bit steep for what amounts to a small stat boost.
  • When in doubt, save those feathers, there's no rush to decide!

A side note, many players find value in merging summonable 4* characters together all the way to +10. Doing this is a great way to build some units in the short term, since their stats end up being (usually) the same as a 5*+5 character, and the feather investment is less than promoting a single unit to 5*. A lot of players (myself included) do this with the original version of Olivia, for instance.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Unfortunately, healer is a unit class that doesn't really gain as much from merging as other types because they aren't usually going to attack or defend. But if you really like the unit, there will be a small stat benefit (2 stats total per merge). I usually wait until I have a few copies first before I merge, but I will sometimes merge even if I only have one extra copy if I really like the unit.

I had two copies of Groom Marth that I merged. The point of HP wasn't that useful, but the single point of speed was useful. Because his speed is borderline good and not great, it allows him to double in a few extra cases which means double damage. It's not helpful every battle, but even that one point of speed has been useful occasionally. Also, when completing one of the Chain Challenges, I found that regardless of what I tried, my Bowlyn ended up taking a hit and dropping to one HP. I had just merged and gotten a point of defense, which turned out to be just enough to allow me to complete the challenge. Those are rarer cases though.

Edited by Tree

7 minutes ago, Tree said:

Unfortunately, healer is a unit class that doesn't really gain as much from merging as other types because they aren't usually going to attack or defend.

@daisy jane

Staves, particularly cavalry, are some of the best attackers in the game, though it does require both Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff to be worth it.

16 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

A lot of game designer simply decided to focus on strength instead of making up of shortcoming. For a good reason too, fundamentally speaking its one of the easiest way to put a limitation that is natural to the design instead of being forced

In that sense, essentially given a pick between Sealed Falchion or Beloved Zophia, the pick would have been Beloved Zophia because it operates on its strength of full health instead of covering the not full health period where double Lion isn't up. Granted many build in FEH didn't exactly operates under this idea regardless

Armormasher Cellica is secret god build though

Yeah, I know there are better, what if options than Sealed Falchion or Royal Sword with Sealed Falchion's Brazen Spectrum 2 for her, but realizing the synergy it would have with Double Lion is what I thought would be neat and crazy. Now, if Celica could have any sword, Laevatein, Niu, Vassal's Blade and Wing Sword top my list. Wing Sword CYL Celica would be beyond stupid. Effective damage against armors and cavalry and built-in Flashing Blade 3. Y'know, the best part is that the dual effectiveness could have happened if they had given her a Rapier instead of Alm's Royal Sword and called it Zofian Rapier or something to make it sound more special compared to Garm, Hliðskjálf, and Maltet.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Staves, particularly cavalry, are some of the best attackers in the game, though it does require both Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff to be worth it.

That's true, but it is a big investment. Most players won't have the resources to do that. In the regular pool, only Genny and Veronica have both. I have one of each, but I don't want to give up either to add the relevant skills to a different healer.

1 minute ago, Tree said:

That's true, but it is a big investment. Most players won't have the resources to do that. In the regular pool, only Genny and Veronica have both. I have one of each, but I don't want to give up either to add the relevant skills to a different healer.

Genny, Maribelle, and Veronica. And whether or not a player is willing to part with a unit for their skills is up to them to decide.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Genny, Maribelle, and Veronica. And whether or not a player is willing to part with a unit for their skills is up to them to decide.

Ah, forgot about Maribelle. I imagine most players don't have any of those three units and wouldn't want to give up their only copy if they did. I could be wrong though.

@daisy jane As Ice Dragon said, if you plan on giving Ethlyn the Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff skills later (they are rare), then Ethlyn would appreciate merges. You could merge now, or you could always wait to see if you can get one of those units with those skills (Genny, Maribelle, or Veronica) and merge Ethlyn once you get a one (assuming you like her better than other healers).

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Merging characters is a good way to gradually improve the ones you love, but with a high cost, I don't recommend doing it without putting a good deal of thought into it. A few things about merges:

• Merged characters gain/keep any skills inherited or learned, as well as the blessing they have.
  • The stat boosts always give you +1 to two different stats, in a set pattern. If you get a character to +10 merges (the cap), they'll have +4 to all stats.
  • If the character getting the merge is not the same number of stars, they won't get the stat boost, and instead only gain some SP and whatever skills the other character has inherited or learned.
  • Merging increases the score value of a character in Arena and other modes where unit strength is considered. This boost is pretty significant, and it's worthwhile to keep that in mind if you enjoy modes like Arena and want to get higher scores in the long term.
  • Certain characters, like those from Tempest Trials (like Ethlyn) or Grand Hero Battles (like Xander), can only be merged so much at this point due to how few copies there are of them available. If you like using these characters and want to see them improve, then by all means go for it! But bear in mind that the feather investment might be a bit steep for what amounts to a small stat boost.
  • When in doubt, save those feathers, there's no rush to decide!

A side note, many players find value in merging summonable 4* characters together all the way to +10. Doing this is a great way to build some units in the short term, since their stats end up being (usually) the same as a 5*+5 character, and the feather investment is less than promoting a single unit to 5*. A lot of players (myself included) do this with the original version of Olivia, for instance.

Thanks for this :) I was really wondering (and researching but couldn't figure it out) if you get a big jump between a 10+ 4* or a 10+5 Star.  I have basically enough to do merged projects for Raven,  Olivia, Fredrick, Cherche, Nino, Nowi etc. (and i knew it would take forever due to the amount of feathers it would take). I don't mind taking the long road if it means getting more enjoyment from the game (there are aspects of the game i can't even touch simply because i'm not strong enough yet). Ethlyn is my favourite healer (to date, I don't have Elise, or Veronica or anything), and so i used both of them very quickly. I don't mind doing like a 4* merge of Azama haha

1 hour ago, Tree said:

Unfortunately, healer is a unit class that doesn't really gain as much from merging as other types because they aren't usually going to attack or defend. But if you really like the unit, there will be a small stat benefit (2 stats total per merge). I usually wait until I have a few copies first before I merge, but I will sometimes merge even if I only have one extra copy if I really like the unit.

I had two copies of Groom Marth that I merged. The point of HP wasn't that useful, but the single point of speed was useful. Because his speed is borderline good and not great, it allows him to double in a few extra cases which means double damage. It's not helpful every battle, but even that one point of speed has been useful occasionally. Also, when completing one of the Chain Challenges, I found that regardless of what I tried, my Bowlyn ended up taking a hit and dropping to one HP. I had just merged and gotten a point of defense, which turned out to be just enough to allow me to complete the challenge. Those are rarer cases though.

thanks for this. :) i don't mind merging (like i have 3 Bridal Tharjas. so that will be merged to help the two that are minus attacks) :) 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

@daisy jane

i don't have those :( i saw that combination in gamepress and i saw who i needed so it was like. nopers. that's not gonna happen. 

46 minutes ago, Tree said:

yah. like maybe if i had 3 ;)  one could sacrifice it. 

32 minutes ago, Tree said:

Ah, forgot about Maribelle. I imagine most players don't have any of those three units and wouldn't want to give up their only copy if they did. I could be wrong though.

@daisy jane As Ice Dragon said, if you plan on giving Ethlyn the Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff skills later (they are rare), then Ethlyn would appreciate merges. You could merge now, or you could always wait to see if you can get one of those units with those skills (Genny, Maribelle, or Veronica) and merge Ethlyn once you get a one (assuming you like her better than other healers).

thanks ! i do like her, but i can actually start running two teams and have her on both side. I wish i had more troubadours in general. a lot of my healers are infantry. :( 

thanks everyone for your advice! it really did help!

7 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I mean swift sparrow will be useless, darting blow useless, it will be better than pretty much any player phase skill for player phase units.  If it had something like no allies within 2 spaces like an actual sort of drawback I would find it more acceptable.  

I do agree it is probably coming anyways.  Though I think it will be a bad case of powercreep when it does.  

Yeah, I also don't understand why it doesn't have the 2 spaces precondition like L!Ephraim and Walhart on their weapons. 

57 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I also don't understand why it doesn't have the 2 spaces precondition like L!Ephraim and Walhart on their weapons. 

Because powercreep and/or because theirs guarantee a follow-up for promoted Ephraim, prevents follow-ups for legendary Hector, and buffs four stats instead of two for Walhart.

Expect to see a new character, preferably an axe cavalry to make Walhart even more irrelevant, with Spectrum Solo, Atk/Spd/Def/Res+6, yes, +6 and not +4 or +5, during combat when the unit is not adjacent to an ally. RIP Walhart, the discount Frederick who looks like he's a medieval fantasy LARPing baseball player.

I hate everything. Why and how did I get a cold again one week after I just got one?

Edited by Kaden

Come on, Ishtar, you are most certainly NOT a mage knight:
Screenshot_20181004-140640.png
They got it right in her summoning quote (bla bla warlock of Friege), why not copy and paste it?

I did not expect Cecilia to tank both the archer and Ishtar and win me the BHB but here we are:
Screenshot_20181004-140807.png

Screenshot_20181004-141047.png

Latest BHB was really easy surprisingly.

Did lunatic with cav and infernal with armor team (LHector, BHector, Hardin and BK). I think it was the first time I've beaten this kind of challenge with only knights. 

Ishtar was eaten by LHector in first EP and Reinhardt by BHector in second EP. BK killed the green mage knight and archer and Hardin the red mage. 

Well, I managed to beat the Ishtar+Reinhardt BHB without too much trouble. Had to prematurely surrender twice so I could do some skill rearrangement and changing Lene to a dancer with WoM, but otherwise it was pretty hilarious.

Eirika finished off sword Reinhardt, attacking him when he was in vantage range, so I could have Azura teleport over to Eirika (onto the tree tile) so Eirika could kill the green mage cavalier. My blue mage Reinhardt was also the only one who was at full health when the green manakete was the last enemy remaining. He took a fucking moonbow to the face and survived with 1 HP, then killed the manakete.

Annoyingly my seal-less Summer Corrin was 1 damage short of ORKOing Ishtar, so instead of swiftly ending the fight it ended up being a slow retreat while picking off enemies, as is the standard flier way. Still only needed the one attempt fortunately.

6 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Thanks for this :) I was really wondering (and researching but couldn't figure it out) if you get a big jump between a 10+ 4* or a 10+5 Star.  I have basically enough to do merged projects for Raven,  Olivia, Fredrick, Cherche, Nino, Nowi etc. (and i knew it would take forever due to the amount of feathers it would take). I don't mind taking the long road if it means getting more enjoyment from the game (there are aspects of the game i can't even touch simply because i'm not strong enough yet). Ethlyn is my favourite healer (to date, I don't have Elise, or Veronica or anything), and so i used both of them very quickly. I don't mind doing like a 4* merge of Azama haha

I guess the best way to look at it is to go through the units and see who are your super favorites (if you have any). If there are any units you absolutely love, put away some feathers for them in case you end up pulling more of them. If you're not sure, it never hurts to save. You're absolutely right to take things slow and easy since this is a game that can actually mess up your bank account if you get impatient or impulsive.

On the subject of Ethlyn, while merging is nice, you'll probably wanna think more about what kinds of skills would work great on her. A lot of people bring up Wrathful Staff, but even having just the Dazzling refine on any staff can be extremely useful. My main healer is Clarine, who I use more defensively and utilizing the staff effects instead of trying to deal damage (Clarine's Atk is extremely poor anyway). Sticking with Ethlyn's default Live to Serve is great if you ever need to have her jump in to take a hit for somebody, which is what do regularly with Clarine (though she has Martyr and Wings of Mercy instead).

They put Ishtar in range of any flier with Drag Back or Hit and Run. For example, a typical Brave flier. Upon seeing that on hard mode where I usually throw whatever team I had because hard isn't that difficult, lunatic and infernal became hilarious since you can take out Ishtar and Meisterhardt depending on if your unit can tank him and the green cavalry by turn 2.

Also, I love how they put both Reinhardts on the BHB banner leaving Ishtar to share a color with regular Reinhardt.

Edited by Kaden

Just got my new phone yesterday. Sadly I wasn't able to get 2 orbs from VG quests, but that's okay. Did my final round of summoning on the legendary banner. Got a Fae for a merge and a +atk -def Karla. I can now save my orbs for the next legendary banner