Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I'd happily would when she inevitably shows up as a pity breaker. That Fury 3 Odd Spd Wave 3 would look magnificent on Soleil...

Laevatein needs love and a good environment to recover.

I just noticed the only Wave that is missing is Even Atk Wave. If they release Waves as Sacred Seals, you can have the whole team buff itself with 6/6/6/6 at all times.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

She already has Wo Dao+ (along with its Atk and Spd refines) in the back thanks to a stray Karel I got a while back. 

I happily would when she inevitably shows up as a pity breaker. That Fury 3 Odd Spd Wave 3 would look magnificent on Soleil...

No, I mean It'd make no difference if you'd have Silver or Slaying because either way you'd proc Aether in your second combat even with Heavy Blade equipped, unless you're running a Pulse skill

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Laevatein needs love and a good environment to recover.

She can easily find that so long as she (and her sister for that matter) stay the hell away from me. Otherwise......

Spoiler

QTwZiR0.png?1

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

No, I mean It'd make no difference if you'd have Silver or Slaying because either way you'd proc Aether in your second combat even with Heavy Blade equipped, unless you're running a Pulse skill

I don't typically run a Pulse skill (aside from the Arena season where Marquess Hector was my bonus unit), so I went and switched her over to Wo Dao+.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

She can easily find that so long as she (and her sister for that matter) stay the hell away from me. Otherwise......

Reveal hidden contents

QTwZiR0.png?1

Reported for bullying.

I wish I had Laevatein at all.

No one answered my request for help on the new Earth grounds maps. I can't seem to damage these armors for crap. They're far too bulky and have too much HP. What can I do? I don't have any Earth blessed units with armor slaying weapons.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Reported for bullying.

But Laegjarn's face portrait and chibi face look like she is enjoying it.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wish I had Laevatein at all.

No one answered my request for help on the new Earth grounds maps. I can't seem to damage these armors for crap. They're far too bulky and have too much HP. What can I do? I don't have any Earth blessed units with armor slaying weapons.

What Units do you have with Earth Blessing?

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

What Units do you have with Earth Blessing?

I have RD Ike and female Grima Robin for Earth legendaries. My Earth blessed units are Yukata Elincia, Mist, Oscar, CYL Ike, Summer Robin, Christmas Robin, regular Linde, regular Azura, both Ninos, regular Ephraim, and Klein.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I have RD Ike and female Grima Robin for Earth legendaries. My Earth blessed units are Yukata Elincia, Mist, Oscar, CYL Ike, Summer Robin, Christmas Robin, regular Linde, regular Azura, both Ninos, regular Ephraim, and Klein.

Well, I'd use one of each Nino for both maps. I used Like in map 2 as there are two greens he can dispatch with QR. Elincia can work for the second map with TA for the two blues.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Well, I'd use one of each Nino for both maps. I used Like in map 2 as there are two greens he can dispatch with QR. Elincia can work for the second map with TA for the two blues.

I tried, not even Flying Nino did more than scratch Lyn. She can hit Eliwood hard, but he stays behind Lyn and Hector.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't get past the first map so I'm not sure who can help in the 2nd, but for the first, I'd go for one of the Ninos since there's two blues. Maybe also try Grima and B!Ike and maybe Azura or Mist depending on if you need a Dancer or Healer more. Since you have two Dancers, you can use one in each map.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I tried, not even Flying Nino did more than scratch Lyn. She can hit Eliwood hard, but he stays behind Lyn and Hector.

Did you try EP with regular Nino? Bladetome Nino should deal significant damage. I wouldn't use Flying Nino against Vlyn unless necessary as she has superior speed meaning Nino won't deal extra damage with Giga Excalibur

EDIT: LOL. Blue Gift cancels buffs on ranged units. Sorry, I forgot

Edited by silveraura25

I can get past the first map with my armor duo of Ephraim and LTiki, but the second is a problem even for Like and Ares. I'm going and try to switch things up so to take Ltiki and Brave Ephraim to the second stage i guess.

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

EDIT: LOL. Blue Gift cancels buffs on ranged units. Sorry, I forgot

I forgot about that too and tried going at Lyn with blade tome LA!Lilina on my first attempt. It went about as well as you'd expect.

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If it helps, I tolerate Helbindi entirely because he isn't blatant waifu fodder like the other two.

I can't help but like most of the book II characters even if their characters are pretty flat since blessed Maeshima Shigeki did the art for them all. Top notch art and designs (well, aside from Surtr. He's just ugly. Helbindi is at least kind of an endearing type of ugly). Playable Loki when? (and Hrid too I guess, even if he's even more of a throwaway than Gunnthra was)

I'm not going to speak for everyone, but like 80% of character builds use fury, it's crazy how many units can make great use of it.  So I think most are thrilled, including myself, and I've pulled a decent amount of Hinatas though most of that was early in the game.  Just looking at my barracks now, I want to give it to Peri, Xander, Catria, and Laegjarn.  However only have one Hinata atm.  Another one would be welcome, another three would be welcome, another 10 will be welcome.  Hinata is a wonderful gift.  One of the best, if not the best units available at 3-4 star rarity they could have given.  Now sure a 5 star unit that is also superb fodder, like I dunno Hinoka, so I can finally have another Hone fliers and a second flier team would be too awesome but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I agree that the book 2 character designs are superb, why that trailer had me excited.  Loki.  Sexy, manipulative, busty cunning villain who likes to play games.  What's not to love?  I'm sure she will be playable at some point, considering she will pull in tons of money.  

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I hate a lot of non-Dancer melee unit that show up at 5*. I rather have loads of Hinatas than those disgusting 5* melee units. In my opinion, Ayra, Ares, Eldigan, Gray, Karel, Libra, Luke, Mia, WOT!Reinhardt, Saber, Shigure, Shiro, Siegbert, Silas, and Soliel are completely useless and I would rather have any 4* unit over them.

Sure, useless...

• Ayra: Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, and Astra if you ever want
  • Ares: Draconic Aura, Brazen Atk/Def 3, and Seal Def/Res 2 which I can't think of anyone who'd seriously want that
  • Eldigan: Fury 3 and Blazing Light which Celica and Ophelia already have, but depending on how the AI moves, can be useful in certain situations
  • Gray: Swap and Wind Boost 3 Virion
  • Karel: Desperation 3
  • Libra: Renewal 3, Spur Atk/Res 2, and I think there might be ranged unit who isn't Sonya who could actually make use of Noontime reliably and not in certain situations like "I need to heal constantly" in a PvE map solo
  • Luke: Bonfire, Panic Ploy 3, and Fire Boost 3 Virion. Also, bonus points for summoning one of the rarest units that periodically taunts you by showing up as an PvE enemy reminding you that you still don't have this asshat in your catalog.
  • Mia: Luna, Vantage 3, and Flashing Blade 3 which I doubt anyone would want as their A-skill, but who knows, maybe some dumbass unit will show up actually wanting Flashing/Heavy Blade as their seal because their weapon is so busted.
  • Meisterhardt: Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, and Spur Atk/Def 2.
  • Saber: HP/Spd 2. Useless for ranged units since everything else he gives can only be used by melee units. Like Luke, bonus points for summoning one of the rarest units in the game and with one of the rarest skills in the game. I need like 10 of him for Shield Pulse shenanigans.
  • Shigure: Ward Fliers and maybe Darting Stance 3 and Noontime if you either of those
  • Shiro: Swap, Steady Stance 3, and Def Tactic 3
  • Siegbert: Dragon Fang, Death Blow 3, and Atk Tactic 3
  • Silas: Reposition, Steady Stance 3, and Even Def Wave 3
  • Soleil: Darting Blow 3, Drive Res 2, and Blazing Wind for pretty much any Special Spiral ranged unit or any unit in general because the AoE Wind skills have patterns that would likely hit multiple units than the AoE Light skills or the AoE Fire and Thunder skills

You not liking any melee unit is one thing, but to call those units useless when you can get any of their skills is another. Except for Saber as explained in the list. I guess an analogy would be this: Jaffar and Sothe both give L&D3 where if Jaffar were a 4* summonable unit, then he would be able to give L&D3 at that rarity which would make the colorless pool so much better, but I digress on that part. Jaffar is considered useless to you or whoever as a unit because he can't reliably ORKO things and would likely leave everyone in Escape Route and Wings of Mercy range. As skill inheritance, Jaffar still gives L&D3 and Glimmer like Sothe. Sothe also gives Spur Atk/Spd 2 which is arguably better than Threaten Spd 3, but between the options of who'd you sack purely from an offensive capability or PvP perspective, Jaffar would probably be the one going away for his skills, but that doesn't change the fact you can get the L&D3, Glimmer, or whatever from him, Sothe, or whoever for that matter.

Or from your list of "useless 5* melee units", you summoning Ayra and Karel does not stop the fact you just got two sources of Desperation 3 as if you had summoned mage knight Eirika, LotW Lyn, or Mae or Navarre, BH Roy, and Shanna for that matter and along with whatever else they give like Swift Sparrow 2 from Ayra, Speed Tactics 2 from Lyn, Draw Back from Mae, etc.

Anyway, someone confirm this for me, but I remember reading somewhere that at launch or earlier, Heroes actually let mages attack at 1-2 range. Was that true?

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I kinda see an issue of you don't seem to have any Red Earth blessed heroes... I'd hate to say it, but I don't think you can get through this one in a timely manor until you have at least one other enemy-phase Earth blessed Red hero, because Hector will simply kill anyone you try to throw at him.

Unless Mist can chip Hector slowly, but I highly doubt it unless she has Pain+.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I kinda see an issue of you don't seem to have any Red Earth blessed heroes... I'd hate to say it, but I don't think you can get through this one in a timely manor until you have at least one other enemy-phase Earth blessed Red hero, because Hector will simply kill anyone you try to throw at him.

RD Ike isn't enough as a red Earth hero?

35 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

And even then, depending on who you use, Valentine's Hector will still rip through them because the weapon triangle is a joke to him. Trying to bait him and have him attack on enemy phase is a bit tricky because he's an armored unit and Valentine's Lyn has more room to move on the second map.

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He shows up twice since this week's blessed gardens of earth are paralogue maps 18-2 and 18-3. Gamepedia hasn't updated the blessed grounds part yet, but here are the maps in which Valentine's Hector appears in: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Hector:_Just_Here_to_Fight/Misc.

Vanguard Ike easily deals with him on the first and probably second map, but you'll need a second counter which I think you can bring multiples of the same hero, so if you somehow have several vanguard Ikes, that might work? Otherwise, the easiest counter I can think of is an Armorsmasher, Axebreaker unit or CYL Celica with Armorsmasher since she just bypasses his Wary Fighter with Double Lion giving her a Brave effect. You better hope whoever is initiating on him can survive his dumb Berserk Armads Wrath-infused Glimmer. It's safer if you can get him to attack you and that's not easy when you have Lilina and Lyn running around where Lyn has Armor March, so if she's near Eliwood or Hector, then she'll have 2 movement range.

For a ranged unit, other than your healer with Dazzling Staff and Wrathful Staff for damage, you'd need someone with Windsweep and you can only get that from Alm and Joshua because they stopped making unit with Windsweep and Watersweep a long time ago which sucks because those are pretty useful skills in certain situations like this one.

Edited by Kaden

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What @Kaden said, Ike himself can take on Hector just fine if you have him hold Quick Riposte or Axebreaker in some form, but you need to take Hector on twice this week.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, so both of these maps are armors? Ugh, that's super annoying.

Yup. The second just replaces the cleric with green tome cav Lilina so you’ll fight the FE7 three amigos twice.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yup. The second just replaces the cleric with green tome cav Lilina so you’ll fight the FE7 three amigos twice.

That's stupid. This couldn't have more variety?