Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I do admit that the rewards in FB don't often impress me much, but the feathers are nice, yeah. And I see.

Most of them. I've only cleared the first, third, fifth, seventh, and ninth ones. ...The odd numbered ones so far. Yeah...odd. lol

I mean, which maps are you getting stuck on in the assaults you've been trying?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

I mean, which maps are you getting stuck on in the assaults you've been trying?

Oh, my bad. Most recently, I got stuck on the one that's a repeat of the final map of Book I. You know, with Veronica and all. I had brought in Xander to counter her, but...she one-rounded him. I get that Xander has low Res and isn't fast, but I thought he'd be able to take her out because he's red and she's green. I figured he'd survive with a little bit of HP.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have enough of those to go around though. And I'm not sure many players would period. You do know each SA requires five different teams, right?

Unless it is a free player, paying players generally should not have an issue with cheap skill fodder like Gem Weapons, Glimmer, or Breakers unless they send their fodder home.

Most players should also have at least 3 or 4 Dancers/SIngers. Olivia and A!Azura are free. Silvia and Reyson are in the 4* pool.

Blade mages do not have to be fully pimped out either as they just need to have enough Spd to double. Tharja, Tailtiu, and Nino are in the 3*-4* pool and they come with Blade tomes. M!Morgan, Mae, and Soren also make good Blade mages. GD!Titania, Ursula, L'Arachel, and Cecilia can hit really hard due to Hone Cavalry and are all free or in the 4* pool.

Good archers are harder to come by, but BH!Lyn is free and Klein is in the 3*-4* pool. Jeorge, Sestuna, and Rebecca are not the best quad archers, but they are easily mergeable.

48 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

or maybe give the seasonal units a forging bonds.

The problem is FBs are the only way so far beyond the character's usual quips to flesh them out for players. New characters sorta need this. If the actual plot had voluminous writing that made the newly summoned heroes more than just contractual temporary workers, then FBs would not be so necessary.

You see, one problem with this game ties into another.

I would be fine with Seasonal FBs myself. Many many characters have not had FBs in this game and need fleshing, alts of theirs' featured in a Seasonal FB could do that. Sure it'd be rooted in silliness, but they could sneak a little serious development beneath the crazy candy coating.

Also, thanks for the TT data. Nice to know. Now it reminds me I need to summon for an Ethlyn now that I've gotten to know her. The problem is I've only the 200 starter Grails and dread going into Aether Raids being as mega weak as I am, even if all I want is a single copy of a bunch of characters (Finn, Ethlyn, BK, Canas, Saias, Arden).

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, my bad. Most recently, I got stuck on the one that's a repeat of the final map of Book I. You know, with Veronica and all. I had brought in Xander to counter her, but...she one-rounded him. I get that Xander has low Res and isn't fast, but I thought he'd be able to take her out because he's red and she's green. I figured he'd survive with a little bit of HP.

This is why you have to check stats. Check if an enemy has enough Spd to double and enough Atk to 2HKO rather than just assuming you'll win just because of WTA. I'm sure you have red units that can counter Veronica without dying to her.

This video shows a budget clear of that Squad Assault, with Legendary Ike being the one to fight Veronica. With +7 Spd from Hone Spd 3 + Drive Spd 2, he can double and one-round her.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

This is why you have to check stats. Check if an enemy has enough Spd to double and enough Atk to 2HKO rather than just assuming you'll win just because of WTA. I'm sure you have red units that can counter Veronica without dying to her.

I already used them by that point though. The Veronica map was like the fifth in that set. Also, looking at stats isn't helpful. They don't tell me precisely how much damage my units will take or deal to them.

Edited by Anacybele

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, looking at stats isn't helpful. They don't tell me precisely how much damage my units will take or deal to them.

For Enemy Phase combat, you just need to do a little math. The damage formula is pretty simple as it is just Atk-Def or Atk-Res, with the most common modification being to Atk where you add or subtract 20% or 40% of Atk depending on the color triangle and whether or not Triangle Adept is present.

For Player Phase combat, math is not necessary as the game tells you exactly what the outcome of the battle is when you hover your unit above the foe.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I already used them by that point though. The Veronica map was like the fifth in that set. Also, looking at stats isn't helpful. They don't tell me precisely how much damage my units will take or deal to them.

The Veronica map is fourth in the set, fifth is 10-5.

As for using those units earlier on, that just means you have to find ways to do the earlier maps without them.

Looking at stats absolutely tells you the precise amount of damage your units will take or deal. You need to make sure you're accounting for all stat changes, specials, and weapon triangle, but if you do that, you can predict exactly how hard attacks will hit.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

For Enemy Phase combat, you just need to do a little math. The damage formula is pretty simple as it is just Atk-Def or Atk-Res, with the most common modification being to Atk where you add or subtract 20% or 40% of Atk depending on the color triangle and whether or not Triangle Adept is present.

For Player Phase combat, math is not necessary as the game tells you exactly what the outcome of the battle is when you hover your unit above the foe.

Yeah, but in the case of enemy phase, I don't know when invisible buffs will happen or whatever. A lot of SA enemies have no skills, but a few do have one or two.

I actually managed to complete a few more other SAs, including an even numbered one at last. lol

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but in the case of enemy phase, I don't know when invisible buffs will happen or whatever. A lot of SA enemies have no skills, but a few do have one or two.

I actually managed to complete a few more other SAs, including an even numbered one at last. lol

That's what checking skills is for. You can check all the enemies if you think it might be close enough that a potential Drive or Spur or something might throw things off.

You don't need to do that all the time, but it's a useful habit to get into for challenging fights where you can't count on completely curbstomping.

Congrats on the additional victories!

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You only have to do the math for foes' Blows on Enemy Phase. Foes' Stances do not work on Enemy Phase so you do not have to worry about it, and on Player Phase, the game does the math for you. The only other invisible stats that are present are Spurs and Drives, but I do not remember seeing them that often.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's what checking skills is for. You can check all the enemies if you think it might be close enough that a potential Drive or Spur or something might throw things off.

You don't need to do that all the time, but it's a useful habit to get into for challenging fights where you can't count on completely curbstomping.

Congrats on the additional victories!

Yeah, true enough.

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

You only have to do the math for foes' Blows on Enemy Phase. Foes' Stances do not work on Enemy Phase so you do not have to worry about it, and on Player Phase, the game does the math for you. The only other invisible stats that are present are Spurs and Drives, but I do not remember seeing them that often.

Yeah, probably true.

36 minutes ago, XRay said:

To be fair, there are others. Push, Bond, and Solo skills, for example.

But in general, you're only looking at A skills for the enemy you're fighting and C skills for other enemies. (Or weapons for either one, occasionally.)

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, I mean I don't mind the occasional seasonal TT myself. But I think this will be the fifth TT in a row that was seasonal. Actually, if I'm looking at the heroic grails properly, every TT reward since ETHLYN has been an alt of some kind. Halloween Dorcas. Young Azura. Winter Cecilia. New Year's Laegjarn. Hot Springs Camilla. Valentine's Titania. And now Spring Loki. These could have been upwards to seven new units. Personally, I'm getting a little sick of it.

Seems to be their new standard to give new characters FBs and GHBs as the way to get new characters and TTs are now for Seasonals~ I don't particularly mind, myself~ I can see how it can be frustrating since Seasonals are rarely new characters for those who don't care for all the alts, but it makes sense from IS's perspective most likely.

They should just give us more TTs, never complaining about more Orbs myself!

So, Spring Banners from the last years are not being rerun or do they come a couple days later? I never remember these things. 

Also, I took a quick look and we got no demotes from last banner? Or did I let someone pass by? 

49 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, Spring Banners from the last years are not being rerun or do they come a couple days later? I never remember these things. 

Also, I took a quick look and we got no demotes from last banner? Or did I let someone pass by? 

They usually don't start the same day. It probably start someday between tomorrow and the TT+. However, there's nothing sure about 2017 Spring Festival.

If you mean the Kitsune and Wolfskin banner, right, no one demoted

33 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

If you mean the Kitsune and Wolfskin banner, right, no one demoted

Thats the problem of waking up and going straight for FEH lol.. . Didn't notice that Binding Blade banner was still running. 

Edited by Rinco

At long last, Miwabe Sakura Emblem is completed!

v9Y1qwk.png

Now if she could just draw a red unit~

As for GC, blew all my saved lances, screenshot is from earlier but I'm still Rank 1 last I checked. May end up lower by the end of the round~

A4hD4L1.png

That Surtr's now in 3rd, a +9 M!Marth's at 2nd~

I've been in the mood to pull on banners recently but the units I want are either on a 4 unit banner or they haven't been on banners for a while. At this rate, the dream of pulling 2/3 copies when they come back might not be a dream. In the mean time, I'll keep saving. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

cwoy7ve.png?1

I know being in the top 3 is all that matters in regards to rewards...but this still makes me salty as shit. Can you really blame me?

Yes, coz it is, as you stated yourself, entirely irrelevant. Who do you want to impress by being first with 161+ points more? Yourself? Because no one else will care for more than a few seconds. Personally, I'd laugh seeing this if I were you (as long as it truly makes no difference in rewards, of course, which it doesn't).

There are so many things one could be salty about in this game; this isn't one, I feel.

About the Reinhardt & Ishtar BHB revival, if someone is having problems to defeat the duo using Sharena and Anna in the BHB Map, you can try to defeat them in the story mode maps, since you can lose some units and use Light's Blessings.

• Ishtar appears in Book II Chapters 9-3 and 9-5;
  • Sword Reinhardt appears in Book II Chapters 7-2, 7-4 and 7-5.