Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

A very slow and very limited method. Reasonable complaints.

It's still a mobile game. They can't hand you everything on a silver platter. Besides, Heroes has kind of had very little to do as of late; this gives you something to do.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I cannot explain just how much this new stamina bar triggers me...

I mean, I'm excited about the update and all that (especially pre-battle swapping and the sacred seals system, plus the upcoming Echoes foci), but would it have killed them to properly seperate the [xx/99] and [x:xx] components :P:?

Edited by red-and-soulless

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

1. But will eventually affect me no matter what.

2. I will.

3. Okay?

Then you can complain when it actually affects you because right now it doesn't and I'm perfectly willing to bet that it's going to be a long time before it does.

I'll say this, while I hate just HOW slow the feather grind is, I do appreciate it gives me a reason to actually do tower shenanigans between quests and get some use out of my 3 star trash pulls.

And lord knows working towards 500/1000/1500/2000 merit feels better than the 15 free feathers you get per day. that's just nonsense

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It's still a mobile game. They can't hand you everything on a silver platter. Besides, Heroes has kind of had very little to do as of late; this gives you something to do.

Except nobody's saying everything had to be "handed to you on a silver platter?" Look how many people complained about the daily free orb going away. It's reasonable to complain about this hero merit eventually going away too.

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Just a small thing, but heroes no longer flinch when taking 0 dmg. Thought it was a nice touch. 

It would be much better if it actually shows "No Damage!" instead. It's satisfying to see it whenever that happens (or gasp for breath when you deal 0 damage :P). But I get that they don't program the attacker flinching when dealing no damage, but I wonder why couldn't they just follow the GBA era type of reaction which is much easier to implement...

Edited by Lyrai

Oh cool. They added a hero merit list in the Misc. section. I was going to be concerned about having to actually check the character for how much said character has.

3 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

I cannot explain just how much this new stamina bar triggers me...

I mean, I'm excited about the update and all that (especially pre-battle swapping and the sacred seals system, plus the upcoming Echoes foci), but would it have killed them to properly seperate the [xx/99] and [x:xx] components :P:?

You're not the only one. My OCD senses are kicking in.

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

I'll say this, while I hate just HOW slow the feather grind is, I do appreciate it gives me a reason to actually do tower shenanigans between quests and get some use out of my 3 star trash pulls.

And lord knows working towards 500/1000/1500/2000 merit feels better than the 15 free feathers you get per day. that's just nonsense

It's also a good excuse to train units from 1 to 40, which will be great whenever you decide to use them later. (Even if the IV isn't the best, merging the one you trained into the one you're planning to use will have the merged hero keep every skill the sacrifice learned.)

Edit:

4 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Oh cool. They added a hero merit list in the Misc. section. I was going to be concerned about having to actually check the character for how much said character has.

You're not the only one. My OCD senses are kicking in.

kerning.png

source

Edited by DehNutCase

Except nobody's saying everything had to be "handed to you on a silver platter?" Look how many people complained about the daily free orb going away. It's reasonable to complain about this hero merit eventually going away too.

How do you compare complaining about a thing being taken away, and complaining about a thing being given?

So much whining. I didn't even complain when I noticed that free arena orb was gone this morning because I knew there was an update coming. People need to learn patience. I'm pretty sure whoever makes this mobile game isn't stupid. Give them some credit.

Except this looks to be a permanent feature as it is integrated into the character pages. You are free to take your time.

Maybe Faye is an archer here precisely because she couldn't be one in canon

Likely because they didn't want to make Archer/Sniper/Bow Knight female models or something in SoV, but no such restrictions applies here so she gets to have it here

9 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

And? Maybe you won't make use of it, but I sure as hell will.

It's free feathers. F R E E. And free feathers, no matter how slow or limited it may seem (which I disagree with, btw. I think it's implemented reasonably enough), is objectively superior to no free feathers.

To play Devil's Advocate, it's not really free, just another method that requires a bit of work to get.

6 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Just a small thing, but heroes no longer flinch when taking 0 dmg. Thought it was a nice touch. 

So we get more of this?

Eh, tried to link a picture, but it's not working.

Edited by Rezzy

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Except this looks to be a permanent feature as it is integrated into the character pages. You are free to take your time.

yeah this is on par with skill inheritance, movement swapping ,etc. This is a new, permanent feature fully integrated into the game

movement swapping is WONDERFUL, BY THE WAY. godddd, i wish this had been here since day 1!

3 minutes ago, GinRei said:

How do you compare complaining about a thing being taken away, and complaining about a thing being given?

I'm not complaining about it being given? I'm complaining about it being limited and eventually going away just like that daily free orb.

EDIT: It's not permanent though. No, the feature won't be REMOVED, but once you've maxed out all your characters' hero merit/feathers, that's it. No more hero merit and feathers from this feature.

Edited by Anacybele

To clarify, I think earning Hero Merits works the same way as SP does.
I think from what Rey said, you'd have to defeat an enemy 6 levels below at most in order to earn merits.

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

Reading from the posts regarding the pace of the Hero Merit system, I think I'll suggest on using your favorite heroes first, all the way to 2000 feathers, before going for the substitutes.

Grinding characters while building up HM is a good idea as well. Take your time, it's meant to be slow and steady progress towards that goal.

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

New update, but nothing new to do. So much stamina without anything but tower to spend it on. And that stamina bar...! Did they not, like, look at it before they finalized it?

I would argue that the update gives us a LOT to do. Hero Merit grinding is a great fill-in for whenever there isn't much else going on.

I'm not complaining about it being given? I'm complaining about it being limited and eventually going away just like that daily free orb.

It's not going away any more than the orbs you get for doing the story mode.  Which is to say, they aren't.  You could get them yesterday, you can get them today, and you can get them 6 months from now.

The daily free orbs, however, DID go away.  You could get them yesterday, but you cannot today.  That's what it means to "go away".

Just now, Volo said:

I would argue that the update gives us a LOT to do. Hero Merit grinding is a great fill-in for whenever there isn't much else going on.

I meant in terms of quests, maps, etc. Sure, there's a lot of grinding to be done, but that's not particularly exciting.

1 minute ago, GinRei said:

It's not going away any more than the orbs you get for doing the story mode.  Which is to say, they aren't.  You could get them yesterday, you can get them today, and you can get them 6 months from now.

The daily free orbs, however, DID go away.  You could get them yesterday, but you cannot today.  That's what it means to "go away".

I was certainly horrified when the daily orb from the Arena quests just dissapeared yesterday. They HAVE to bring back 2 orbs per day, so that every players get at least 5 pulls for each banner for the sake of everyone.