Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

We should be getting the trailer for the next New Heroes banner soon. Within the next couple of days, if not tomorrow. Any bets? I'm thinking it'll be either Three Houses or Thracia 776. I'd prefer Thracia, it's still lacking so much of its cast. But, I'd be...oddly okay with Three Houses? Weird after how fatigued I've been with TH in Heroes, but if they bring Ashe, Felix, or Dorothea, I'd like it.

Yeah, I'd agree that it's between Thracia and Three Houses with Genealogy also being an option. Though, there was this post made on the FEH subreddit that suggests the banner will go to Thracia:

Spoiler

Another point worth mentioning is that Henry's Japanese voice actress (Akemi Okamura) also voice Eyvel, a character that would slot in well as the Ascended Hero (if you know her backstory).

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I wonder if a Thracia banner would come with an Ascended hero from that game, but if a 3H banner would come with an OC Ascended Hero due to the relative recency of the game. If that were to be the case, I would lean Thracia even if I could not name a single character from that game that's still missing.

It's not just because I want to avoid the addition of Ascended Laevatein, honest. And I'm really just winging the theories because I haven't been around for the launch of any of the prior Ascended banners and am not too familiar with what's been said about them both on- and off-the-record.

Incidentally, I'm not too familiar with how the playerbase has responded to the concept of Ascended heroes in general. I think I like the idea not because of the characters, but because it goes a long way to making New Heroes banners not be severely outclassed by seasonal banners with all their absurdly powerful Duo units that I can't spark for. I mean, if the current re-run Palla banner had an Ascended hero on it, I'd probably have already sparked it knowing that a new banner was around the corner.

29 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's not just because I want to avoid the addition of Ascended Laevatein, honest. And I'm really just winging the theories because I haven't been around for the launch of any of the prior Ascended banners and am not too familiar with what's been said about them both on- and off-the-record.

If we getting a new Ascended FEH OC anytime soon, it'll probably either be Veronica or Bruno (since Book VI's focus is on Embla) and it would probably happen on the June New Heroes banner.

Since Book IV, the June New Heroes banner has been labeled as a "Midpoint" banner for the current Book and features a FEH OC from the current book as the main star. For example, that Palla banner currently being re-run was the Midpoint banner for Book V. It introduced Nott as a Dark Mythic Hero, and she's still the only Dark Mythic that unlocks an extra slot on your Aether Raids defense team during Dark seasons.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If we getting a new Ascended FEH OC anytime soon, it'll probably either be Veronica or Bruno (since Book VI's focus is on Embla) and it would probably happen on the June New Heroes banner.

Since Book IV, the June New Heroes banner has been labeled as a "Midpoint" banner for the current Book and features a FEH OC from the current book as the main star.

Wouldn't that suggest the Book 6 midpoint star be some sort of new OC making their debut though, as opposed to an alt of an existing OC?

What was the reaction in the community when the Ascended hero selection went from Fjorm and Laegjarn to Joshua of all people? Was it just a completely random thing they dropped on people? Reminiscent perhaps of when Legendary Ike was released when all the legendaries prior to that had been OCs.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I'd agree that it's between Thracia and Three Houses with Genealogy also being an option. Though, there was this post made on the FEH subreddit that suggests the banner will go to Thracia:

Reveal hidden contents

Another point worth mentioning is that Henry's Japanese voice actress (Akemi Okamura) also voice Eyvel, a character that would slot in well as the Ascended Hero (if you know her backstory).

I'm hoping for Thracia, so hopefully that checks out. And I do like the sound of Ascended Eyvel.

For OC Ascended Heroes, outside Veronica and Bruno that could be in a mid-book banner like how @Tybrosion said, I would like Ascended Eir with a Book 3 themed TT series.

I can live in a world without Ascended Laevatein. That's not really needed.

About next banner being Thracia or not... I am fine with it bein FE 5. I am in need of a skipable banner to save orbs. February was very expensive to me, and with next month having Young Heroes... both Young Heroes banners from previous years were very good, so I expect this year's banner to be as good as those two.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If it does end up being Thracia, I'm hoping for Linoan. She's my single most wanted Thracia character right now, and one of my most wanted characters in general. But, knowing my luck, we'll end up with literally everyone else instead, ha.

I've been hoping for Linoan as well.

Some others I'm rooting for are Salem, Lara, and as more of a long shot, Safy.

Regardless of whether you're using CYL5 or CYL6, Linoan is a fairly likely choice to make it either way.

Top 10 Missing Thracia Character [CYL5 on left, CYL6 on right]

1. August [244th] / Tina [276th]
2. Galzus [263rd] / August [278th]
3. Raydrik [274th] / Galzus [282nd]
4. Linoan [275th] / Linoan [286th]
5. Machyua [351st] / Machyua [322nd]
6. Dagdar [357th] / Misha [324th]
7. Salem [374th] / Homer [369th]
8. Misha [386th] / Marty [376th]
9. Amalda [387th] / Lara [378th]
10. Lara [388th] / Amalda [383rd]

No, I don't know where Tina's surge in CYL6 came from. She was only at 395th in CYL5 (good for 12th among the missing Thracia characters).

11 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If it does end up being Thracia, I'm hoping for Linoan. She's my single most wanted Thracia character right now, and one of my most wanted characters in general. But, knowing my luck, we'll end up with literally everyone else instead, ha.

I. Freaking. Called it.

12 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I. Freaking. Called it.

If it makes you feel better, you can blame me for also jinxing it with this:

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Regardless of whether you're using CYL5 or CYL6, Linoan is a fairly likely choice to make it either way.

Well, considering what did make it onto the banner, is it better to wait next year and hope Linoan gets a really good deal, or would you rather have had her as the shitty demote instead of Karin?

I'd definitely rather have Karin as the demote. At the same time, though, as long as Ascended units and OCs are a thing, Linoan is guaranteed to share the spotlight with someone...hopefully she'd end up more like August and less like Galzus, at least August has a full kit.

You want to know what's even better about Karin? Her kit is almost completely identical to Groom Zelot's kit.

The only difference (beside her having the lance version of his axe) is that she has Moonbow instead of Ignis. Again, why is she even here when Fergus and Misha both aren't?

I decided to see if I could exploit Summoner Duel battles. I heard that you get bots until you rack up three wins, so I won my first two bot matches, then surrendered in the third after killing all but one or two enemies. And I repeated the dose for fourth, and fifth, and sixth, and seventh, and eighth, and ninth fights. Each and every one of those fights was against bots, at 8-10 points per loss I got my Forma Soul, so I have everything I want. And I even did a tenth battle for science to see if queuing up past 100 favour (I did so at 107) would make a difference, and nope, still bot. That's pleasing to know.

And geez, even with both sides moving instantly every turn, these things are still a complete slog to sit though. I'm not going to sit through another 20-30 fights just to get 100 of each Dragonflower so I'm done.

Ironically of course I just burned 100 orbs to get a Celestial Stone to buy a Forma Soul, so this one sits spare. But hey, it's always good to have a spare in case a must-have unit pops up before the store resets.

Edited by Humanoid

Speaking of Duels, I already reached the max tier possible in Duels S with only 2 losses. Didn't take that long, and I was blessed with some foes that were not that... smart?

Funny enough, one of my units had the wrong build for the mode. Thanfully that was not a issue and didn't cost me a win in the matches I used him.

In Duels R, I already reached a point where I don't really need to play it and my rank will give me more rewards than I would get from Arena Assault. I hope I reach that point soon in Duels S as well, so I can also ignore this mode.

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

Great new graphic of missing units based on game and CYL rank.

Pretty nice graphic. I knew there were a lot of units not in FEH yet, but this shows that there are way more than I expected.

Some characters, like Validar and Medeus, surprise me for the fact that they are not in FEH after all these years.

Hmm... I kinda disagree of Gatekeeper there in the Past Winners part, since Brave Gatekeeper, in my opinion, is default Gatekeeper. He doesn't have a special attire or anything, and I don't expect him to get another alt (at least I hope not). I don't want something like Halloween Gatekeeper or Summer Gatekeeper.

Edit: Also... why, in the Echoes: SoV part, there are some of the generic generals but others are missing?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hmm... I kinda disagree of Gatekeeper there in the Past Winners part, since Brave Gatekeeper, in my opinion, is default Gatekeeper. He doesn't have a special attire or anything, and I don't expect him to get another alt (at least I hope not). I don't want something like Halloween Gatekeeper or Summer Gatekeeper.

In a similar vein, I don’t agree with Orson and Ashnard still being on the board. 

Like, what would IS even do differently for a non-Fallen Ashnard or Orson past removing the dark aura and red eyes? Ashnard in particular is still who he always was, he just now looks even more intimidating than before.

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Pretty nice graphic. I knew there were a lot of units not in FEH yet, but this shows that there are way more than I expected.

Some characters, like Validar and Medeus, surprise me for the fact that they are not in FEH after all these years.

Edit: Also... why, in the Echoes: SoV part, there are some of the generic generals but others are missing?

The graphic's standard is that Brave, Fallen, seasonal, etc. units do not count as their "normal" version. Personally, I quite like Gatekeeper and I'd be happy to see him get more attention eventually, although I think we're a ways off from a normal Gatekeeper being worthwhile. Seasonal Gateekepers sound like a great idea though - he could get a duo with Abysskeeper!

To my understanding, eligibility for the chart is determined by being on CYL. Do you know of any missing characters who meet that criteria?

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

In a similar vein, I don’t agree with Orson and Ashnard still being on the board. 

Like, what would IS even do differently for a non-Fallen Ashnard or Orson past removing the dark aura and red eyes? Ashnard in particular is still who he always was, he just now looks even more intimidating than before.

I don't expect regular Orson or Ashnard anytime in the foreseeable future, but I do think it's the most internally consistent option to note that they technically don't have a "base" version.

Although that would imply keeping Grima on the chart, which is not the case.

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

To my understanding, eligibility for the chart is determined by being on CYL. Do you know of any missing characters who meet that criteria?

As far as Valentia is concerned, everyone that is a voteable option is on that board.

It's just for some reason, IS decided to include some of the generic bosses as voteable options (like Blake and Lawson) but not all of them (like Gazelle and Mikhail).

Funny enough, the highest missing character counts (by this chart's standards) are strikingly close together:

• 39: Three Houses
  • 38: Genealogy Gen 2, Radiant Dawn, Fates
  • 37: Thracia
1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

As far as Valentia is concerned, everyone that is a voteable option is on that board.

It's just for some reason, IS decided to include some of the generic bosses as voteable options (like Blake and Lawson) but not all of them (like Gazelle and Mikhail).

Lot of odd CYL eligibility calls.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Oh ok. It's just I didn't know there were some minor antagonists from Echoes: SoV that were not in CYL for voting, like Xaizor (one of the Dread Fighters captains) and Jamil (the boss of that annoying map in Celica's path that was also used in Inigo's paralogue in Awakening).