Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

And if you have spare 4* Effies to go around, Lukas can get Wary Fighter too. 

???????????????

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I've heard people say Life and Death also works well with that skill. Not sure how, nor can I test it cause I don't have Alm. But would it be viable?

Probably because Life and Death boosts attack and speed while lowering defence. Lower defence doesn't matter when the enemy can't hit you, but higher speed makes it easier to activate windsweep and higher attack is obviously nice. It sinergises rather well, but doubling the enemy will probably still be better for most units.

19 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well Mela Lee is American, so he's not wrong lol. Young Tiki's accent does sound quite exaggerated; British people don't really talk like that anymore.

Well, I do know what a British accent sounds like because I listen to one on a weekly basis. I just didn't know what Tiki sounded like because I don't really use her and didn't feel like poking her at the moment.

Edited by Sunwoo

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Well, I do know what a British accent sounds like because I listen to one on a weekly basis. I just didn't know what Tiki sounded like because I don't really use her and didn't feel like poking her at the moment.

Every day is poke Tiki day.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You're on a list now, buddy.

Hide contents

Which one? Legal or Loli?

Hide contents

Why not both?

Here, let me introduce you to the infirmary

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dancer support. That's about it.

That's a good one.  Only other instance I can think of is for taking out Vantage users so they don't get free chip damage.

Though isn't it a B Passive?  So you'd have to give up Wings of Mercy/Escape Route to get it on a dancer.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Age is just a number and jail is just a room

It's not a very pleasant room, I imagine.

Anyways, the whole accent thing doesn't really bother me. I just told myself it's supposed to give her a more sophisticated feel (to imply she's older than she looks), but I'm admittedly somewhat grasping at straws. That said, it's not something I particularly care about. She's cute, so it's all good.

On that topic, my team's more or less set, so really I just wanted Faye because she's cute, skills and stats be damned. 

I never did get her but got a spare Takumi for my troubles instead, so I can't really complain :P

20 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Shin, is that you?

It's been three months, why haven't you sent for help yet?

In fiction, accent's generally more about portraying a character than being specific to a region. For some bizarre reason, the US generally associates Received Pronunciation, aka the British accent to Americans, fun fact there's literally dozens more, with nobility or high status. Tiki being the super special snowflake magic dragon pretty much fits with that. It's how in anime the Kansai regional dialect becomes the Brooklyn accent, it makes the character seem far more rough and unsophisticated for the viewers. Either that or Brooklyn really is that bad!

CRAP my Alm is +HP -Atk. BENCHED.

My Claire is +Atk -Res... Ehhhhhhh, I guess that's fine. Would have liked for her to keep her 33 Res, but too bad. Glacies is still gonna be good on her.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Funny that vanilla Faye gets Wings of Mercy in her skillset. I can only guess that she REALLY wants to stay by Alm's side to the point that she'd teleport around to cover his back.

41 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I've heard people say Life and Death also works well with that skill. Not sure how, nor can I test it cause I don't have Alm. But would it be viable?

I do think that someone like Hana with a Brave Sword would make good use of it since she has high Atk and Spd as well as low defenses, especially with Life and Death. A neutral Atk and +Spd Hana would have 48 Atk and be able to prevent counter attack from foes with 38 Spd or lower.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Clair doesn't have the Atk to be a flying Peri. Peri's 33/33 cavalry offenses mean she can viably run a Brave Life and Death build

That's cool if you're making a cavalry team with Peri as your spear.

Spoiler

E̶x̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶L̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶D̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶P̶e̶r̶i̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hm, can't quite decide on Glacies vs Iceberg on Claire. On one hand, she really needs the extra damage, but on the other hand my Claire is -Res, and Iceberg is 3-count.

The difference between Iceberg and Glacies is about 9 points--15 vs 24. Despite the disparity I would still take Iceberg as it would activate every second round of combat, assuming no counter. At most Claire will be attacking either that many times or once more in a game. Even with -Res Iceberg still outdamages Bonfire and Draconic Aura, so if you're looking to run a proc on her, Iceberg would probably be best.

My $0.02.

EDIT: What weapon is she using?

Edited by MrSmokestack

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The difference between Iceberg and Glacies is about 9 points--15 vs 24. Despite the disparity I would still take Iceberg as it would activate every second round of combat, assuming no counter. At most Claire will be attacking either that many times or once more in a game. Even with -Res Iceberg still outdamages Bonfire and Draconic Aura, so if you're looking to run a proc on her, Iceberg would probably be best.

My $0.02.

Good points. I guess I'll look into GLACIES BECAUSE YOU SAID NO getting Claire Iceberg from a Niles or something.

Silver Lance+, the default. Haven't even leveled her to 40 yet, so I haven't touched her inheritance wise. I don't think there's really anything better for her?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

25 minutes ago, Shin said:

In fiction, accent's generally more about portraying a character than being specific to a region. For some bizarre reason, the US generally associates Received Pronunciation, aka the British accent to Americans, fun fact there's literally dozens more, with nobility or high status. Tiki being the super special snowflake magic dragon pretty much fits with that. It's how in anime the Kansai regional dialect becomes the Brooklyn accent, it makes the character seem far more rough and unsophisticated for the viewers. Either that or Brooklyn really is that bad!

I honestly have no idea how accents are used in English entertainment media so I can't really talk about British accents in particular.

In non-real-world fiction, you can still tie accents to an in-universe region as a piece of world building. When you use a dialect to portray a character in a fictional universe, you're both projecting the stereotypes of that accent in the real world to them as well as tying that character in with any other characters that use the same accent. (And if you're not consistent with giving characters from the same geographic region the same accent, you're doing something wrong.)

Last I checked (which was about 8 or 9 years ago), Kansai more commonly mapped to Southern rather than Brooklyn.. The stereotypes associated with the Kansai region and therefore the Kansai dialect are that of being nonchalant and living life at one's own pace and also of being a comedian.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That's cool if you're making a cavalry team with Peri as your spear.

Point was: Clair doesn't have the stat distribution to use Peri's optimized builds and therefore isn't "a flying Peri".

The notable points of Peri's stat distribution isn't her Spd and Res. It's her Atk and Spd. Peri's 33 Atk is the second highest among physical cavalry (after Frederick's 35) and her 33 Spd is also the second highest (after Sully's 34), meaning if the Life and Death Brave build is going to be used on a cavalry unit, she's the one to use it on. Unlike Hana, who is infantry, Peri is a cavalry unit, meaning she has an easier time getting in on priority targets and can be a recipient of Hone Cavalry, which boosts her stats far above what Hana could achieve.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Point was: Clair doesn't have the stat distribution to use Peri's optimized builds and therefore isn't "a flying Peri".

Okay

Clair: Flying, more resistant, lower damaging, faster Peri.

Does this satisfy you master?

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Okay

Clair: Flying, more resistant, lower damaging, faster Peri.

Does this satisfy you master?

You could just acknowledge that Clair is a Flying Peri with worse stats :)