Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

24 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I broke my F2P status to get from 85 to 120 orbs on the banner with no five stars to show for it. I took a picture of the 11% rate too. Going to make it my phone's background so I never buy orbs again. 

^ And that good people is why I don't spend a drip of money on this game ^

Sorry Gustavos :(

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Would it even be possible with the 120 5 star guarantee?

Speaking of which... doesn't the game select characters and hides them behind the stones?

Does it override it to be a 5 star character when you select the stone in that case?

Or does it make all the possible choices 5 star? If the latter would that mean your full roll is forced to be all 5 stars?

If I recall correctly, the pity 5-star rate ends up at around 11% combined before the guaranteed 5-star comes into play, since the 50% increases is split across both rates.

Also, the game rolls characters before rolling rarities. I'm pretty sure the entire summon session is predetermined and you only need pull from it--think like booster packs in a card game. This is corroborated in an interview from a few months back where 5-stars were stated to be eventually forced in all of the orbs in a session. I'd have to check again just to be sure though.

12 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Oh, I thought they meant 11% focus.

That'd be ridiculous.

Would it even be possible with the 120 rolls 5 star guarantee?

Yeah, I meant combined 5 star rate. 6.88 plus 4.12. Every 20 orb pull increases your combined rate by 0.5, so if we knew how many pulls it takes to get to guarantee normally, we can figure out what the rate looks like for the Gold Banner.

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Yeah, I meant combined 5 star rate. 6.88 plus 4.12. Every 20 orb pull increases your combined rate by 0.5, so if we knew how many pulls it takes to get to guarantee normally, we can figure out what the rate looks like for the Gold Banner.

1. How many orbs total did you use?

2. Were they full pulls or hunt pulls?

3. Do you believe in love?

Just now, Arcanite said:

1. How many orbs total did you use?

2. Were they full pulls or hunt pulls?

3. Do you believe in love?

120 orbs, six full pulls. I actually got 5 on the last day to try for one hail mary last summon. It was a dupe. And I don't think it increased my rate either. I bought 35 of those orbs (20USD) so that's where I'm going to be at on my tally forever. Can't take that back.

I have experienced love. But I think all I got out of those summon sessions was four star tharja added to my collection. I think that's Heroes telling me love is fake in the face of physical attraction. We're all meat sacks chained by our flawed brain chemistry.

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Can't take that back.

You are no longer part of the Free to play club :(

RIP Gustavos. That archer we benched will always be remembered.....

Working on some math stuff to see when you should've gotten a 5 star

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

what do

You join team Team Linde anyway because the bust beast must be beaten!

@Gustavos 120 orbs:

Spoiler

Basically, a certain percentage of each of your pulls contributes to your total chance of getting one. Since you can't have .9 or less of a five star, you would keep calculating until you reach ONE or more!

First 20 orbs @ 8%. 20 orbs = 5 characters. 8% of 5 = .4

Second pull 20 orbs @8.5%. 20 orbs = 5 characters

8.5% of 5 = .425.

.425 + .4 = .825

So by now, you should have .825 of 1 five star

Third pull 20 orbs @ 9%. 20 orbs = 5 characters

9% of 5 = .45.

.825 + .45 = > 1 <.275. So on your third pull is when you should have gotten one five star 

Needless to say Gustavos, you were snookered!

I'm pretty sure this math is right. There is one other way to do this but it doesn't apply the percentage increase

120 orbs / 20 orbs/pull = 6 full pulls

6 full pulls * 5 heroes/pull = 30 heroes

8% chance of a 5 star multiplied by 30 heroes is 2.4. So you should have gotten 2 five stars from those pulls!

THIS MIGHT BE COMPLETELY WRONG BECAUSE I AM NOT 100% CONFIDENT IN MY MATH SKILLS

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@Gustavos 120 orbs:

Reveal hidden contents

Basically, a certain percentage of each of your pulls contributes to your total chance of getting one. Since you can't have .9 or less of a five star, you would keep calculating until you reach ONE or more!

8.5% of 5 = .425.

.425 + .4 = .825

9% of 5 = .45.

.825 + .45 = > 1 <.275. So on your third pull is when you should have gotten one five star 

I'm pretty sure this math is right. There is one other way to do this but it doesn't apply the percentage increase

8% chance of a 5 star multiplied by 30 heroes is 2.4. So you should have gotten 2 five stars from those pulls!

THIS MIGHT BE COMPLETELY WRONG BECAUSE I AM NOT 100% CONFIDENT IN MY MATH SKILLS

All of this is wrong because he can't get 5*s ever; I swipe them from under the orbs in the summoning screen before he can click them.

38 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You are no longer part of the Free to play club :(

RIP Gustavos. That archer we benched will always be remembered.....

Working on some math stuff to see when you should've gotten a 5 star

You join team Team Linde anyway because the bust beast must be beaten!

BUST

MBHEAST

MBHOOOOSTTTTT

IT DID TEN MILLION

I'm still getting Hana killed on occasion, but I think I'm getting better at using glass cannons like her. She's lv. 38 now. Also helps that she's +3 too though.

Just now, JSND said:

IT DID TEN MILLION

*Voting Gauntlet starts*

*Tharja has quadruple Linde's points*

Thats the WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE game!

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm still getting Hana killed on occasion, but I think I'm getting better at using glass cannons like her. She's lv. 38 now. Also helps that she's +3 too though.

Yeah the Life and Death makes it hard for her to take hits and whatnot, but she still does MASSIVE damage.

I want a Hana of my own, but I have a Selena with a perfect Nature so that's gonna be my other personal project

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

All of this is wrong because he can't get 5*s ever; I swipe them from under the orbs in the summoning screen before he can click them.

So it was you who prevented my from getting a five star in the Shadows, sibling, AND Family banner eh!?

Spoiler

"It was me, Dio Satsuma "Satsuma FSoySoy" FSoySoy!"

Just now, Arcanite said:

So it was you who prevented my from getting a five star in the Shadows, sibling, AND Family banner eh!?

Hide contents

"It was me, Dio Satsuma "Satsuma FSoySoy" FSoySoy!"

Goodbye, Arcy!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah the Life and Death makes it hard for her to take hits and whatnot, but she still does MASSIVE damage.

I want a Hana of my own, but I have a Selena with a perfect Nature so that's gonna be my other personal project

Yeah, she does and also owns armors with the armorslayer.

22 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@Gustavos 120 orbs:

Hide contents

8.5% of 5 = .425.

.425 + .4 = .825

9% of 5 = .45.

I'm also terrible at calculating probability, but I reached about the same conclusion you did. 40-52.5% chance of a 5 star as my pulls went on. Almost the same as flipping a coin and getting tails six times in a row. Unlikely, but in the realm of possibility. Of course that undercuts the frustration I was feeling that led me to putting money down. If you started flipping a coin right now to see if you can get six tails, it wouldn't come with the sting of how much time went into building the opportunity for each coin flip.

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You're slacking because I pulled like ten 5 stars since the game's release, only two being Focus characters. I still think my luck is above average overall.

So yeah, the Gold Banner hurt but It's kind of funny in retrospect. I just want more 5 stars for the sake of my collection, and if I want to have a Counter nerd, I'll make one out of Xander. My horse team desperately needs a replacement for 4 star Eliwood/3 star Stahl.

Edited by Gustavos

2 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

You're slacking because I pulled like ten 5 stars since the game's release, only two being Focus characters. I still think my luck is above average overall.

It's no fun if you just stop playing because of the discouragement from zero 5*s... Hue

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's no fun if you just stop playing because of the discouragement from zero 5*s... Hue

I'm not gonna stop until I become Hokage have 2 Lyns on one team and I get into rank 19 or higher utilizing a team with both of them.

And, of course, when I also have the Oboro of destruction

And when I deal 70+ damage with a Blarblade Ursula

Things to do my friends...... things to do!

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm not gonna stop until I become Hokage have 2 Lyns on one team and I get into rank 19 or higher utilizing a team with both of them.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'll still play, I'm just real cautious of them doing another inflated banner like Gold Week. I may keep as many as 100 orbs in reserve for surprises like that. Also I just finished getting the starter lords to 5 star, so now I can put my feathers toward units like Xander. I have a lot to do

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Of course you have a lot of things to do if you double all of them lel.

Just now, Gustavos said:

I'll still play, I'm just real cautious of them doing another inflated banner like Gold Week. I may keep as many as 100 orbs in reserve for surprises like that. Also I just finished getting the starter lords to 5 star, so now I can put my feathers toward units like Xander. I have a lot to do

What I said was, I let you have those ten 5*s.

Speaking of the starter lords, maybe I should burn my 20k feathers on one of them after all.