Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Did some quick calculations because the power must be known

5 star +Atk Effie 43 attack

Brave lance + 8 might

Death blow 3   6 more attack

43 + 6 + 8 = 57 attack

If I hit someone with 40 defense using a brave lance with 57 attack, they're taking 17 damage on each hit which is a total of 34

Not everyone has 40 defense so lets drop that down to 30.....

Twenty-seven damage on each hit

#ThatsTheWholeGame

I showed my friend what my Effie could do the other day, and it blew his mind when she just ripped apart Green units like paper.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I need more swords.

Can't fly to your place without a passport

I need more swords. I need a Karel for my Navarre's wo dao needs, I need a better Lyn, and I maybe need some other swords for collection.

You don't need a better Lyn. Just be happy with what you have, -Atk and all! That does suck a lot though

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I showed my friend what my Effie could do the other day, and it blew his mind when she just ripped apart Green units like paper.

heh heh heh

Can't wait until my +Atk Effie is 5 stars.... then I'll put her on a defense tile and win >:D

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I need more swords. I need a Karel for my Navarre's wo dao needs, I need a better Lyn, and I maybe need some other swords for collection.

Speaking of Karel, my 5* +Atk, -HP (godly nature) is stealing souls. He's got a ridiculous amount of speed and defense for a myrmidon-type guy, and Fury 3 and Desperation 3, plus Threaten Atk 3 nets me all the profit. He's my face unit at the moment, just because he steamrolls so hard. Navarre can only be a poor man's substitute. As much as i like Lon'qu, even he can't hold a candle to the myrmidon god that my Karel is. I'm thinking of sacrificing Gordin and his adorable face to give him Vantage instead, because that sounds like cancer and I love it. :D

3 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

yeah, and i'm kinda sick of +Atk being the best on basically everyone. i'm glad the fort maps are helping give an edge to tanky units especially ones with +Def/+Res.

Yeah, I feel you on this. The defend maps were definitely needed, in that tanky units shine on those, and healers are godly, which they definitely need, since they're more or less useless in the hands of the AI in the arena. (Yeah, AI, have your healer walk over and attack my three-buffed Nino. That'll work out for you.)

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Can't fly to your place without a passport

You don't need a better Lyn. Just be happy with what you have, -Atk and all! That does suck a lot though

you're a robot, think of something!

But I do need a better Lyn. I don't always give her energy rings in her tale for nothing!

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

Navarre can only be a poor man's substitute.

Like I would care.

Edited by Vaximillian

Isn't +Spd usually the best nature?

you're a robot, think of something!

But I do need a better Lyn. I don't always give her energy rings in her tale for nothing!

I always hoard all of the stat boosters and end up never using them for the Funds rank... Except that one Body Ring I gave Erk, which let him double Limstella. With Bolting. And both hits were crits because of Priscilla support.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Like I would care.

o.o

Jeez man, sorry. I was just saying. >.>

I mean you gotta work with what you got, I get that much. Just saying that if you do get the chance to pull a Karel (only available in 5*), he's statistically the better option if you care about that sort of thing at all. Or do you just love Navarre no matter what? Cause that's me and Soren, lol...if I ever get one.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I always hoard all of the stat boosters and end up never using them for the Funds rank... Except that one Body Ring I gave Erk, which let him double Limstella. With Bolting. And both hits were crits because of Priscilla support.

But my Lyn is +Res.

That's… beautiful. I don't remember who did Limstella on my run. I'm pretty sure it was Canas.
Erk did fling Boltings at the boss morphs with great success though, critting with Priscilla support too. Erk×Priscilla best support.

3 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Jeez man, sorry. I was just saying. >.> … Or do you just love Navarre no matter what?

Yeah, that might have been too rude. But yes, the OG edgelord swordsman with a tragic backstory > all the copycats, especially crazed ones.
Karel is cool but hey, Navarre.

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I just fed my stat boosters to Florina in Lyn's tale

I give Florina the robe and Lyn the ring because why the hell does she not want to grow Str? Watch and learn how Florina does it!

Edited by Vaximillian

But my Lyn is +Res.

That's… beautiful. I don't remember who did Limstella on my run. I'm pretty sure it was Canas.
Erk did fling Boltings at the boss morphs with great success though, critting with Priscilla support too. Erk×Priscilla best support.

The +Spd comment was directed towards the people talking about +Atk being the best. Actually, now that inheritance is a thing, +Atk Lyn is probably the best, since Brash Assault negates the need for Speed most of the time.

Erk x Priscilla is her best pairing for sure.

Yeah, I might have been too rude. But yes, the OG edgelord swordsman with a tragic backstory > all the copycats, especially crazed ones.

Definitely fair. No hard feelings. Speaking of Navarre though, I think he's special in that we never actually learn what his tragic backstory is, unlike the others. Always wondered what his deal was.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Not sure, I isually see +Atk as the best nature, +Spd as second best because +Spd is literally useless on someone like Seliph and Effie, since they'll never have enough speed to double the majority of the metagame.

Yeah, I might have been too rude. But yes, the OG edgelord swordsman with a tragic backstory > all the copycats, especially crazed ones.

Definitely fair. No hard feelings. Speaking of Navarre though, I think he's special in that we never actually learn what his tragic backstory is, unlike the others. Always wondered what his deal was.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Not sure, I usually see +Atk as the best nature, +Spd as second best because +Spd is literally useless on someone like Seliph and Effie, since they'll never have enough speed to double the majority of the metagame.

9 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Speaking of Karel, my 5* +Atk, -HP (godly nature) is stealing souls. He's got a ridiculous amount of speed and defense for a myrmidon-type guy, and Fury 3 and Desperation 3, plus Threaten Atk 3 nets me all the profit. He's my face unit at the moment, just because he steamrolls so hard. Navarre can only be a poor man's substitute. As much as i like Lon'qu, even he can't hold a candle to the myrmidon god that my Karel is. I'm thinking of sacrificing Gordin and his adorable face to give him Vantage instead, because that sounds like cancer and I love it. :D

Yeah, I feel you on this. The defend maps were definitely needed, in that tanky units shine on those, and healers are godly, which they definitely need, since they're more or less useless in the hands of the AI in the arena. (Yeah, AI, have your healer walk over and attack my three-buffed Nino. That'll work out for you.)

gotta love the AI. and any poor sod that decides to put a healer on their defense team.  but seriously gotta love it, it's the only reason i can win anything. i haven't seen any healers yet on the new maps so i don't know, is it actually making them viable on defense teams?

ok so i see you like Lon'qu...and as much as i love Karel, as he was my first 5* aside from Priscilla, you know what's cool..

Spoiler

1d2a6438a9b0e62f41093ad16c406a5e.png

028245d7f2c505bbf0120f44687c62a5.png

sack Karel to Lon'qu i think this is pretty hot. to compare, your Karel gets 36 wins when he initiates, assuming vanilla skills. if enemy initiates, and then he initiates, he gets 48 wins and 42 losses. this Lon'qu is my next project

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

Spoiler

In the OVA, there was a woman close to him that got killed on his eyes while he wasn't able to help. We never learn who that woman was but it does shed at least some light on his backstory and why he would never harm a woman.

Reveal hidden contents

In the OVA, there was a woman close to him that got killed on his eyes while he wasn't able to help. We never learn who that woman was but it does shed at least some light on his backstory and why he would never harm a woman.

Joshua does the same thing and looks better doing it

At neutral stats, Navarre is actually the better offensive unit when compared to Karel with 31/37 Atk/Spd versus Karel's 30/35. Even if Karel has +Atk, I would take 31/37 over 33/35, since more speed means more doubles means more skill procs which means more Wo Dao damage.

That said, I too need a Karel to feed to my Navarre. IS pls. Karel focus when.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

3 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Not sure, I usually see +Atk as the best nature, +Spd as second best because +Spd is literally useless on someone like Seliph and Effie, since they'll never have enough speed to double the majority of the metagame.

+Spd is good for like, the majority of the good attackers though. Ryoma, Marth, Nino, Takumi, etc. etc.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Joshua does the same thing and looks better doing it

Navarre was the first and that gives him, like, infinite more points.
Joshua's hat, on the other hand…

Just now, Fruity Insanity said:

The Scarlet Sword without his scarlet sword is a travesty. Karel pls come home.

The Scarlet Sword without his scarlet sword is a travesty. Karel pls come home.

I'm conflicted. On one hand, Wo Dao is befitting the Scarlet Sword's name and is objectively better than a Killing Edge, but on the other hand... Navarre and Killing Edge have always gone hand in hand.

Still, I want a reason to use Navarre over my million other reds and a Wo Dao would give me that reason. If I ever get one. ;-;

10 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

gotta love the AI. and any poor sod that decides to put a healer on their defense team

Yup. I don't know much about programming, I'll admit it, but I don't imagine it's hard to program a healer (with their halved damage to begin with) to try and not 1v1 a nuke mage... And yet, here we are. Lol.

10 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

haven't seen any healers yet on the new maps so i don't know, is it actually making them viable on defense teams?

No, not defense teams in the arena, the special defense maps. They make those a whole lot easier in my experience, since I've taken my 4* Azama and 5* Mist in and they've really made a difference. Especially Mist, since Renewal is pretty much a full second health bar. I inherited Kindred-Fire Balm and Gravity onto her for even more profit. Azama with the free 10 Pain Damage to set up a 0HKO where it wouldn't exist before, and of course more defense on the defense maps with Still-Earth Balm works wonders.

5 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

At neutral stats, Navarre is actually better than Karel at 31/37 Atk/Spd versus Karel's 30/35.

Oh, I didn't realize that. I stand corrected.

But Karel does get Reprisal and Wo Dao+ vanilla, which Navarre is gonna have to SI, and that's a lot of grinding. Reprisal is a big part of his kill potential.

EDIT: @SatsumaFSoysoy Sure, +Spd is an asset for those units, but +Atk is an asset for all units. Well, barring healers, but they're in their own league pretty much. Not to mention, Ryoma, Marth and the gang are already plenty speedy.already. Not saying that they wouldn't be amazing with +Spd, too, but I still think +Atk is overall better since it applies as a boon to pretty much all units who aren't holding a staff, whereas molasses-slow tanks really dont want +Spd.

Edited by Extrasolar

6 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

At neutral stats, Navarre is actually the better offensive unit when compared to Karel with 31/37 Atk/Spd versus Karel's 30/35. Even if Karel has +Atk, I would take 31/37 over 33/35, since more speed means more doubles means more skill procs which means more Wo Dao damage.

If you would take 31/37 over 33/35 then you should take 30/38 (+Spd Karel), over 31/37.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So, is it just me, or does Navarre actually have a unique attacking animation? He holds his sword with both hands. Or am I just crazy and all this Lucina has been doing this too?

huh, I tried a training tower map with him and fir on my team and it looks like he does. never noticed that

4 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Oh, I didn't realize that. I stand corrected.

But Karel does get Reprisal and Wo Dao+ vanilla, which Navarre is gonna have to SI, and that's a lot of grinding. Reprisal is a big part of his kill potential.

Yeah Navarre does need a bunch of SI to bring out his full potential.

Without SI, Karel is def better.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If you would take 31/37 over 33/35 then you should take 30/38 (+Spd Karel), over 31/37.

Because Karel can have IV variations, a +Spd Karel would probably be preferable to a Neutral Navarre. But being at the grace of IS's RNG isn't always reliable and since Navarre is much more accessible, he's easier to work with in that regard.

And most importantly, he's the better pretty boy. :^)