Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Never saw anything that said it's player phase only. Can you prove this? And I'm not trying to let him take a lot of hits.

QbnzX-wqJBo.jpg

I mean, it's literally in the weapon description.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Then my game is bugged, because the description there never said that. I read attack twice and the -5 speed. Nothing more.

Also, I didn't need so many people posting at once. This is happening far too much and it's rather irritating.

But even if it did say that in my game, it still shows how bad I am and how much I really don't know about it. It's sad. I want to enjoy and play the game, but I'm too terrible at it.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Then my game is bugged, because the description there never said that. I read attack twice and the -5 speed. Nothing more.

Then you just should read it once more. Because seriously.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I didn't need so many people posting at once. This is happening far too much and it's rather irritating.

THAT'S IT.

Post a screenshot of what your game says.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Eh you probably misread or something, nothing that serious anyway :P

Unless your game really is glitched XD

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Eh you probably misread or something, nothing that serious anyway :P

Unless your game really is glitched XD

I still didn't know it was player phase only. You'd think after playing since the game RELEASED I would know these things! But I don't, so it shows that I'm just an terrible player with little knowledge on the game that shouldn't be playing.

I have to accept it and move on. It's the mature thing to do.

EDIT: @SatsumaFSoysoy Not really. I've tried being positive and getting better. But I'm just not getting better at the game no matter what I do. It's simply not for me.

Edited by Anacybele

I've quit playing. I don't wish to boot the game up again.

Then don't argue with people who correct you.  Because a screenshot will prove that the only error is that you didn't read the weapon description carefully.

Just now, eclipse said:

Then don't argue with people who correct you.  Because a screenshot will prove that the only error is that you didn't read the weapon description carefully.

I'm not arguing that point, I admitted to being wrong. And I could be wrong about what the description in my game said too, I don't know. But I don't want to bother with the game anymore.

39 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Glimmer gets better relative to the other damage skills, it's still pretty bad:

This is because Glimmer is a special that's best against people with crappy def and res, and, as your Atk stat gets worse, those kind of units become the only ones you can kill, with or without special, so DA's advantage vs. people with extant defense disappears.

I.. What? I'm still getting higher numbers with Luna than Glimmer for some low defense and resistance units. Felicia with -Atk and Rogue Dagger+ against a neutral Felicia does 18 damage with Luna while Glimmer does 13. If Felicia is -Def, then Luna does 19 while Glimmer does 18.

With Lucius, Glimmer does more damage at 21 damage compared to Luna's 20, but Lucius's defense is 13 which is extremely low. -Def Lucius brings Glimmer up to 25 damage to Luna's 22.

On the magical side, -Atk Odin with Blarwolf+ does 24 damage with Glimmer and 22 with Luna against Virion. Virion with -Res takes 28 from Glimmer and 24 damage from Luna. That's still ridiculously low of a resistance. If you go up to Saizo who has 16 neutral resistance, then Glimmer starts doing less damage at 19 damage compared to Luna's 21. Yes, if Saizo is -Res, then Glimmer does more at 25 damage to Luna's 23. Still, you'd have to face someone with complete and utter trash defense or resistance -- around 14 -- for that Glimmer to be better than Luna.

Edit: I'll look into this later... I really should be focusing on my final exam. It's a take-home one, so don't ya'll start thinking I'm somehow posting this as I'm actually taking an exam.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Kaden said:

I.. What? I'm still getting higher numbers with Luna than Glimmer for some low defense and resistance units. Felicia with -Atk and Rogue Dagger+ against a neutral Felicia does 18 damage with Luna while Glimmer does 13. If Felicia is -Def, then Luna does 19 while Glimmer does 18.

With Lucius, Glimmer does more damage at 21 damage compared to Luna's 20, but Lucius's defense is 13 which is extremely low. -Def Lucius brings Glimmer up to 25 damage to Luna's 22.

On the magical side, -Atk Odin with Blarwolf+ does 24 damage with Glimmer and 22 with Luna against Virion. Virion with -Res takes 28 from Glimmer and 24 damage from Luna. That's still ridiculously low of a resistance. If you go up to Saizo who has 16 neutral resistance, then Glimmer starts doing less damage at 19 damage compared to Luna's 21. Yes, if Saizo is -Res, then Glimmer does more at 25 damage to Luna's 23. Still, you'd have to face someone with complete and utter trash defense or resistance -- around 14 -- for that Glimmer to be better than Luna.

Here's how they work:

Glimmer - The bigger the difference between your Atk stat and the opponent's Def stat, the more damage you do.
Luna - The higher your opponent's Def stat, the more damage you do.

Glimmer's good if your Attack is low, and your opponent is squishy.  Luna's good if you're attacking a target with higher defenses.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

so it shows that I'm just an terrible player with little knowledge on the game that shouldn't be playing.

Oh come on!

Just because of some small little over sight you're a terrible player? No way! I know you aren't playing anymore but saying you're bad isn't going to help you when start playing more! No need to be so hard on yourself! :)

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Oh come on!

Just because of some small little over sight you're a terrible player? No way! I know you aren't playing anymore but saying you're bad isn't going to help you when start playing more! No need to be so hard on yourself! :)

Not just because of that, because of my whole history with this game. I've had far too much trouble in the arena and GHBs and stuff, and now I find I don't know things I should already know. I've also repeatedly had to take breaks because I keep getting frustrated. It's not just showing how bad I am, it's also embarrassing.

I wish I could have a better attitude here, but I don't know how else to feel.

You need to feel like you can get better instead of just giving up! That's how you need to feel!

I'm sure you have a capable head on your shoulders to do everything you want and need to do in this game. 

Besides you can't let that Ike go to waste

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You need to feel like you can get better instead of just giving up! That's how you need to feel!

I'm sure you have a capable head on your shoulders to do everything you want and need to do in this game. 

Besides you can't let that Ike go to waste

But the problem is I don't feel like that. :(

Dude, it isn't like I'm deleting the data or anything. xP I'm just not going to play. I might go in every now and then to look at my units, but that's really it.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not just because of that, because of my whole history with this game. I've had far too much trouble in the arena and GHBs and stuff, and now I find I don't know things I should already know. I've also repeatedly had to take breaks because I keep getting frustrated. It's not just showing how bad I am, it's also embarrassing.

The first thing to do is when things are surprising is to read the description of the skill/weapon/character/etc. carefully.

And this is a mobile game, so it's not important in the grand scheme of things, but this attitude is worrisome. What happens when you encounter frustrating problems elsewhere? You can't just repeatedly give up.

2 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

The first thing to do is when things are surprising is to read the description of the skill/weapon/character/etc. carefully.

And this is a mobile game, so it's not important in the grand scheme of things, but this attitude is worrisome. What happens when you encounter frustrating problems elsewhere? You can't just repeatedly give up.

Sure I can give up. It saves me more stress and frustration.

Also, I can't keep saying I'll quit and not actually quit.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

You must be trying to pick a fight with me

Oh well... at least Adult Tiki is Bonfire fodder along with the multiple Robins I keep getting...

I have your other future 5*s hostage

I've actually only pulled Adult Tiki once ever. I think she's a decent enough replacement for Young Tiki.

Just now, GaleforceAbuse said:

And what happens when you hit the bottom? Nothing will ever be easy all the time.

Well, of course. But that doesn't mean some things can't be so hard that they just aren't worth it.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I have your other future 5*s hostage

I've actually only pulled Adult Tiki once ever. I think she's a decent enough replacement for Young Tiki.

A!Tiki would've been one hell of a unit if her weapon and Y!Tiki's were swapped. As it is, she can't really leverage her great 35 base Atk to do anything. (Y!Tiki has the same Atk Value because her weapon is 4MT stronger. This causes a lot of issues for A!Tiki.)

The thing is that A!Tiki doesn't really need distant counter at all, mages roast her, and archers ding her for 0 damage, so 4MT and being able to use specials would've been a lot better.

Edit: 

Well, of course. But that doesn't mean some things can't be so hard that they just aren't worth it.

Arena ranking is based on player population now, so you can probably get a decent rank even while playing very relaxed. Sure, you won't make it into the top tiers or whatever, but you'll still get 2-3 orbs a week from ranking easily, and a bunch of feathers.

(And for PvE you really can't go wrong with: just do what that MKV girl does.)

Edited by DehNutCase