Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So I was lurking the Play Store and realized that Phantom of the Kill is celebrating its first anniversary (worldwide? Idk). For those unrelated to PotK, it is a gacha game with FE structure, weapon triangle, grid-based maps, classes, hit/crt, mastery skills, etc. As a gacha, it also features units with star rarities, where 5* was max potential.

Among the new content added to the game due to its first anniversary is the introduction of the 6☆ system, bumping the potential to a higher level. Do you guys think Heroes will increase star rarity anytime soon, or will they wait near the year to implement this augment? If true, how would it be, what bonuses will units have and what resources (and in what quantity) will be required for promotion?

I'm barely keeping up now! How the heck am I gonna find 200000 feathers to upgrade a unit to 6*?

Does anyone here get a reliable number of Defense wins? If so, mind sharing your team? I'm absolutely terrible at them and I want to find a way to get 900 feathers reliably.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

ON THE COUNTER

Vs Lv40+10

18 damage with a -Res nature and no buffs, once. She's probably not doubling him, and even an Emerald Axe won't KO rein on the counter.

Vs Lv40+0

Sheena will double non-hone'd Reinhardt for an easy KO with any weapon and a -Atk nature. If Rein's honed, then +Atk Sheena can't ORKO him back as she won't be able to double him. +Spd Shenna doubles and defeats any Lv40+0 hone'd Reinhardt (but not if Honed + Goad'd).

Overall, she's dealing 20-25 per hit, 30-35 with Emerald, depending on what Rein's boon is. All above calcs assumed Neutral or -Def.

If Sheena's already running Distant Counter, surely the player should have at least Quick Riposte 2 lined up for the guaranteed double attack. Bonfire is charged on the first counterattack with a Killer Axe, and on the second counterattack with any other weapon, which guarantees the kill.

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm not sure if you realize, but telling her anything here and telling her anything in private makes no difference aside from the fact that WE bystanders or people who actually want to use this thread for more useful things like general opinions, have to watch you and someone else go back and forth about who's being negative or whatever (I wasn't really paying attention). Sure, there are lessons to learn and whatnot but if you have a problem with Ana, why do we have to see it?

I'm frankly sick and tired of seeing all of this uselessness cluttering up the thread from BOTH sides of your little debate or whatever you want to call it. Can't we all just shut up and have a good time instead of arguing like a bunch of morons?

I'm actually going to have to agree with @shadowofchaos on this one. It doesn't matter who comes in to argue, from what I've seen there'll be at least 2 or 3 people there adding pages to the thread regardless of who it is.

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So I was lurking the Play Store and realized that Phantom of the Kill is celebrating its first anniversary (worldwide? Idk). For those unrelated to PotK, it is a gacha game with FE structure, weapon triangle, grid-based maps, classes, hit/crt, mastery skills, etc. As a gacha, it also features units with star rarities, where 5* was max potential.

Among the new content added to the game due to its first anniversary is the introduction of the 6☆ system, bumping the potential to a higher level. Do you guys think Heroes will increase star rarity anytime soon, or will they wait near the year to implement this augment? If true, how would it be, what bonuses will units have and what resources (and in what quantity) will be required for promotion?

6-star would do... what in this game? Add another 2 to all stats? Add a fourth tier of skills? Add a new weapon tier?

Honestly, none of these seem particularly appealing and would be trampling on every whale in the game that invested in +10 5-star character unless they also introduce a means to transfer merges on promotion.

I could understand leaving 6-star rarity exclusive to specific characters (like final bosses), but promoting existing 5-star units into 6-star units seems unnecessary and a bad PR move.

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

@Anacybele Do you wanna see what is a personal attack? You, the Ike apologists remind me why I don't like Ike

Just kidding, I just want to bait you hahaha....

Joking or not, this doesn't help anything, you know, and only serves to add fuel to the fire.

Just so you know though, a version of me from years ago would've unwittingly taken this bait and blown up at you. But I'm more mature than that now and will just ask that you not do this to anyone in the future, please.

So, to actually post something on topic, I decided to upgrade my Subaki to 4 star and level him up again since he's still my only serviceable arena bonus unit at the moment (I didn't pull from the Celica banner and I don't have the other units).

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Volo said:

I'm barely keeping up now! How the heck am I gonna find 200000 feathers to upgrade a unit to 6*?

Does anyone here get a reliable number of Defense wins? If so, mind sharing your team? I'm absolutely terrible at them and I want to find a way to get 900 feathers reliably.

My defense team is currently Celica (usually Ryoma, but I switched her out bc she's a bonus unit) (Xander would work even better here though, probably), Julia, Ninian, and Reinhardt, which usually gets me 10 wins per season or so. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Also I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the 5* character reward is the Masked Lucina we saw in the trailer (or at least I hope so. I could really use a Falchion unit)

but she gets a Falchion that only has 14 Mt and no Renewal

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Also I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the 5* character reward is the Masked Lucina we saw in the trailer (or at least I hope so. I could really use a Falchion unit)

it begins

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nice try m8. But we saw Masked Lucina proct renewal with Chrom. ;^)

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I hope we get Veronica or Bruno out of that deal. More Veronica.

It'd be nice to have them both. But I still feel like the story is not far enough for that to happen. There's still new original characters that have yet to be introduced either.

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Has it been revealed when they're coming? I've admittedly been pretty distracted with BotW and Echoes, so I haven't kept up with Heroes news (or SF in general) as much as I used to. 

Not exactly. But I'm sure it'll be sometime within the next couple of days. And Masked Lucina is most likely that character as well. Also curious how she'll be different from Vanilla Lucina.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm actually going to have to agree with @shadowofchaos on this one. It doesn't matter who comes in to argue, from what I've seen there'll be at least 2 or 3 people there adding pages to the thread regardless of who it is.

Arcanite's point is that other people won't jump in and add to the problem as much if the two original offenders just go to PM to begin with rather than repeatedly clutter up the thread like SoC and I were.

So, I wonder if I should give Subaki my Florina's Breath of Life. I dunno. I don't plan to use Florina and I'd like to give that skill to someone since it seems handy.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, are you ever wrong. I actually do much better in one on one conversations than in group ones. You can ask Red Fox of Fire, I had a few PM conversations with her a long time ago about my issues and while they started out rather argumentative, they ended up friendly and civil in the end. We were both actually pretty surprised at how peaceful it ended up being. I've also had PM conversations going on for quite some time now with Randoman, Dragoncat, and most recently Arcanite.

And keeping this off topic crap in a thread does nothing but derail it. It doesn't help me or anyone else. Unless you PM me, I will no longer respond to you on this matter.

PM or no PM, it makes no difference. Some things are best left unsaid entirely, like minor character complaints that don't really create a platform for discussion. Not to mention if they come up AllTheTime.

EDIT: That didn't need to be there.

Also, PM is useless if you just casually drop the names of people you have correspondence with in public conversation.

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Adding 6* units is the fastest way to drive off the whale base and kill this game. I'd rather not see that happen.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

but she gets a Falchion that has 10 Mt and no dragon effectiveness

Crap. I have no way to get around this. You win. XD

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Arcanite's point is that other people won't jump in and add to the problem as much if the two original offenders just go to PM to begin with rather than repeatedly clutter up the thread like SoC and I were.

So, I wonder if I should give Subaki my Florina's Breath of Life. I dunno. I don't plan to use Florina and I'd like to give that skill to someone since it seems handy.

I wouldn't recommend Breath of Life on Subaki since that's a mostly player-phase skill, and Subaki is much more defensively enemy-phase oriented, to take advantage of Quick Riposte. A pretty safe option is to just give him a team aura like Hone Atk or Hone Spd or Fortify Def. Something like that. If you wanted to give him something that benefits him more personally, then Threaten Atk is a good skill for him to help him tank better. 

Ok guys real talk

Teach me how to use Hector and i wish i am joking

13 fights in Arena and Hector literally only faces 1 battle that did not end with him getting shitstomped, and if he is as good as everyone said he is, this is definitely a mistake on my part. Actually share how you guys used Vantage too for good measure lol

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Adding 6* units is the fastest way to drive off the whale base and kill this game. I'd rather not see that happen.

I agree on this, I'd rather not see 6 stars either. Though more for the fact that the cost to upgrade a 5 star to this rank would probably be insane.

Just now, JSND said:

Ok guys real talk

Teach me how to use Hector and i wish i am joking

13 fights in Arena and Hector literally only faces 1 battle that did not end with him getting shitstomped, and if he is as good as everyone said he is, this is definitely a mistake on my part. Actually share how you guys used Vantage too for good measure lol

With how common mages are now, especially since Celica is a bonus hero, it's getting harder and harder to use Hector.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

This might sound insane. But what about increasing the level cap to 50?

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

With how common mages are now, especially since Celica is a bonus hero, it's getting harder and harder to use Hector.

Crap

And really one thing that is annoying me when trying him out is how much Lance(that isn't Azura) and Axes just.... doesn't exist

Actually i don't even remember if Sword still exist, because the last time i saw a sword its Ike, and Ike is a free win so who cares

Edited by JSND

Just now, JSND said:

Crap

And really one thing that is annoying me when trying him out is how much Lance and Axes just.... doesn't exist

Actually i don't even remember if Sword still exist, because the last time i saw a sword its Ike, and Ike is a free win so who cares

Axes in general aren't particularly common outside of Hector and haven't been for a while. Lances and swords are still fairly common though. 

I do think the meta is shifting more to favor mages than before though. 

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

This might sound insane. But what about increasing the level cap to 50?

WHAT IF THEY PUT ETERNAL SEALS FROM FATES IN BUT THEY COST ORBS TO BUY

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Crap

And really one thing that is annoying me when trying him out is how much Lance and Axes just.... doesn't exist

It's time to get in on the mage meta and drop Hector...

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

WHAT IF THEY PUT ETERNAL SEALS FROM FATES IN BUT THEY COST ORBS TO BUY

It's time to get in on the mage meta and drop Hector...

The entire reason i put him in the squad is just to inflate my Arena Score lol, i'm a day 1 Mage Emblemer

But doing this while using full score Ursula as well is kinda hard since i need Double Buff(aka promote Jagen, feed to Eliwood), or LnD2 which lowers the score

While I agree it is definitely a bad move right now, I think it's likely we'll be getting this in 9-12 months or so, just because it is a common move to add further content to a game, and make people 'keep playing it more'. Think of it, what will a player do once he's collected all 5☆ units? It's as if he/she has beaten the game, leaving little to no reason to continue playing it. Not that I think it's the best thing ever, though.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

The entire reason i put him in the squad is just to inflate my Arena Score lol, i'm a day 1 Mage Emblemer

But doing this while using full score Ursula as well is kinda hard since i need Double Buff(aka promote Jagen, feed to Eliwood), or LnD2 which lowers the score

Hector barely inflates score anymore, since Armors get a score reduction.