Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Is Glimmer ever good for anyone, honestly? It scales on damage, and the only time you rely on Special damage is when your actual damage isn't high enough.

I know I’m going to sound like a broken record, but the Night Sky line should have been Spd-based analogue to the Glowing Ember line and such.

As it is now, it either tinks (and you would have been better off with a different special) or overkills (and you would have been better off with a different special).

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Is Glimmer ever good for anyone, honestly? It scales on damage, and the only time you rely on Special damage is when your actual damage isn't high enough.

it's okay on Kagerou i guess, if she's attacking an infantry unit. or other units that have effective damage with Hammer and stuff. but in that case you usually wouldn't need a special, and it sucks if you're going against a unit your not effective against which is when you would need or prefer a special.

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

it's okay on Kagerou i guess, if she's attacking an infantry unit. or other units that have effective damage with Hammer and stuff. but in that case you usually wouldn't need a special, and it sucks if you're going against a unit your not effective against which is when you would need or prefer a special.

I just have Moonbow on my Kagerou, and it does do good damage on some Cavs and Armors, but not really enough to kill.

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I just have Moonbow on my Kagerou, and it does do good damage on some Cavs and Armors, but not really enough to kill.

hmm. i was planning to put Moonbow on mine too, but with that news now i kinda want Luna. i've just been using Retribution while grinding for SP + in the arena and don't really have a problem with the 3 CD. better than Glimmer lol.

24 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Honestly? No.

I was trying to not come off too harsh, but...the entire Glimmer line is absolute trash and is by far the worst line of specials in the game.

There is literally no scenario where Glimmer would be better than another offensive special. None. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

4 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

hmm. i was planning to put Moonbow on mine too, but with that news now i kinda want Luna. i've just been using Retribution while grinding for SP + in the arena and don't really have a problem with the 3 CD. better than Glimmer lol.

I've been thinking about Luna too, but I only have one Frederick to go around. At least Moonbow charges fast so I get extra damage often.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Honestly? No.

I was trying to not come off too harsh, but...the entire Glimmer line is absolute trash and is by far the worst line of specials in the game.

There is literally no scenario where Glimmer would be better than another offensive special. None. 

Except when you want to not kill on purpose!

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I've been thinking about Luna too, but I only have one Frederick to go around. At least Moonbow charges fast so I get extra damage often.

no legal!Tikis either? yeah low CD is very tempting...but then we have this new CD lowering seal comin' out..B)

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Except when you want to not kill on purpose!

Glimmer is FEH's version of Radiant Dawn's Mercy

Just now, wizzard of soz said:

no legal!Tikis either? yeah low CD is very tempting...but then we have this new CD lowering seal comin' out..B)

Or Subdue from Echoes.

I'm really excited for 2 CD Bonfire on my QR Xander. Let's go.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

If you hadn’t merged your excess Celicas, I would have traded an obscene amount of Fredericks to you.

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That Reinhardt that needs to die ASAP before next enemy phase?

Nah. Keep him alive.

Gotta keep it exciting, y'know.

5 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

Legal Tiki gives Bonfire, not Luna. I'd need some extra Catrias, but I only have the free one we got ages ago...

12 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Behold! The Anti-@Rezzy! I wish I were +Atk blessed smh

Anyways, of the units listed, there's nothing your core really needs from that list, so you could just base it off favorites or wait for a GHB that you like.

If you really wanted to 5* one of those though, then the one I'd most recommend would be Nowi.

The main reason to take Robin or Nowi over Reinhardt would be to tank hits with the added bulk afforded by Triangle Adept (though Fury is an option for Nowi as well) and fire back against reds. Yes, Reinhardt deletes all reds, but Reinhardt can't do everything by himself. There'll be scenarios where you have more than one red opponent you need to delete, but Reinhardt can move only once without a dancer. There'll also be scenarios where you can't safely delete a red without being in range of other units that would delete Reinhardt on enemy phase, so having a unit to bait on enemy phase (which Rein has trouble doing due to his low speed and only moderate bulk) is a nice option.

12 hours ago, Arcanite said:

@Rezanator is already the anti-Rezzy though

They gave me my +Atk Celica :P

I have so many -Atk units there has to be several evil twins to balance me out.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If you hadn’t merged your excess Celicas, I would have traded an obscene amount of Fredericks to you.

You should merge all your Fredericks together, then.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

YES HECTOR

I WANT YOU TO SOLO MY TEAM

DO IT

Do you want to talk about it?

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Legal Tiki gives Bonfire, not Luna. I'd need some extra Catrias, but I only have the free one we got ages ago...

oh right. why is my brain like this. yeah i haven't gotten any Catrias either tho

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm really excited for 2 CD Bonfire on my QR Xander. Let's go.

and i'm terrified haha. i already try to avoid Horse teams like the plague but you can never be safe enough..

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

and i'm terrified haha. i already try to avoid Horse teams like the plague but you can never be safe enough..

I mean now that reps are separate from defense teams, there's no way to know for sure anymore :P

That Celica rep? There could be a full cavalry team hiding behind that. 

44 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I know I’m going to sound like a broken record, but the Night Sky line should have been Spd-based analogue to the Glowing Ember line and such.

As it is now, it either tinks (and you would have been better off with a different special) or overkills (and you would have been better off with a different special).

The premise of the Night Sky line was Astra, which has always been about multiplying damage (through extra hits). So making it Spd-based wouldn't have made sense.

Still, it's just too weak. Knocking a point of cooldown off all three specials would make them less terrible, but I don't think even that would make them good.

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean now that reps are separate from defense teams, there's no way to know for sure anymore :P

wait seriously?? nooo no i'm freakin' doomed. also i have no dueling swords so i can't tell,do you know if in the Arena does it tell the name of the enemy's team? because i really want people to see my "clever" team names

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Your brain is full of legal Tiki, that's what's happening....

man i feel attacked right now.

Edited by wizzard of soz

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hold me Soysoy ;-;......

It's okay....

Did he have G Tomebreaker lol? I've actually seen a Hector with that.

7 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

oh right. why is my brain like this. yeah i haven't gotten any Catrias either tho

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The true Anthiese would lead the defense of their own castle.

I use Glimmer on Sanaki and other characters who consistently have good damage. So I guess it's more whether you prefer glimmer's damage calculation or not. I wouldn't want to put it on someone like ... Tsubaki or Henry.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hold me Soysoy ;-;......

It's okay....

Did he have G Tomebreaker lol? I've actually seen a Hector with that.

7 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The true Anthiese would lead the defense of their own castle.