"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

34 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Okay sell me what can they do well that Xander and Ursula can't that's the main reason I called them mediocre because they are redundant for the team presented, and imo Xander and Ursula are better options for their color.  

Peri [+Atk] (Brave Lance+, Escutcheon, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker) one-round kills every vanilla red, blue, and colorless unit in the game (through Spring Festival) except +Def Gwendolyn (and +Spd Corrin (F) at higher merge levels) as well as all green tome users except +Spd Merric. She also has no trouble with fully built versions of common units of those colors, including Fury Ephraim (and excluding Triangle Adept green units).

Using Desperation 3 instead of Lancebreaker loses her her one-round kills against Effie, Subaki, and Fury + Lancebreaker Ephraim, but gives her better sustain against other lance users.

Abel can perform similar feats (and starts with Brave Lance+), and Cain does the same with a different color (and starts with Brave Sword+ and Escutcheon).

1 hour ago, Locke087 said:

that's the main reason I called them mediocre because they are redundant for the team presented

You called them mediocre with no relation to their position on the presented team.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just ended up giving both Cherche and Tiki their respective weapons plus some other skills. I blew 42,000 feathers on that. Now I kind of want to promote my adult Tiki (to keep), but it seems redundant. I really just don't need more reds. Which is bad since a lot of the units I would promote because I like them are, in fact, red.

Edited by Arthur97

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Peri [+Atk] (Brave Lance+, Escutcheon, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker) one-round kills every vanilla red, blue, and colorless unit in the game (through Spring Festival) except +Def Gwendolyn (and +Spd Corrin (F) at higher merge levels) as well as all green tome users except +Spd Merric. She also has no trouble with fully built versions of common units of those colors, including Fury Ephraim (and excluding Triangle Adept green units).

Using Desperation 3 instead of Lancebreaker loses her her one-round kills against Effie, Subaki, and Fury + Lancebreaker Ephraim, but gives her better sustain against other lance users.

Abel can perform similar feats (and starts with Brave Lance+), and Cain does the same with a different color (and starts with Brave Sword+ and Escutcheon).

You called them mediocre with no relation to their position on the presented team.

Yep I meant to call them mediocre by comparison (or rather a mediocre addition to the team) rather than mediocre in general, should've been more clear with that...  I understand that Xander is usually said to be better choice to Cain so I assumed he was mediocre because of that, and considering that everyone gets Xander why use Cain. Peri I heard could be good but considering the heavy investment that is required to make her good and the fact that Camus will be coming hopefully soon, I can't recommend it.  Keep in mind I was also assuming standard weaponry as weapon inheritance is very expensive, I will admit my bad on Cain frankly I look at tier lists too much http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Cain/Strategy and this one does not mention this build and it does not say he wants his standard weapon in fact it says he wants anything but it, this is the information I was going off of when I recommended against Cain. 

Edited by Locke087

Hi friends I'm new to this forum so hopefully I end up posting this question in the right spot, but is it possible for you guys to help me with arena teams for both offense and defense and of course a team that is fully functional with a bonus unit. Thank you for your help you guys!

A few of the notable units IVs would have to be
Hector +def/-spd
Olivia +spd/-atk
Eirika +spd/-atk
Ephraim +spd/-atk
Tharja +atk/-res
Nino +atk/-res (4*)
Ryoma neutral
Eldigan +spd/-res
Azura +res/-def
Nowi +def/-res, neutral, and +spd/-atk
Linde +atk/-def
S Chrom +atk
Minerva +res/-hp
Takumi +atk -def
Kagero +atk/-def
S Camilla +atk -res
Effie +atk/-res
Reinhardt +def/-spd

Hinoka +atk -spd

Julia -spd +res

http://imgur.com/a/foLaI

Edited by Sakuto

@Sakuto Okay going off your imgur here seems you're only going 5* bonus unit for this arena is Roy so let's build off that. Here are some options.

Roy, Linde/Reinhardt, Azura/Ephraim, Nino (I saw five star one in your picture)/Julia.

This is assuming your Linde has desperation active or your Azura can counter Ike and Xander. If not Replace Azura with Ephraim. Julia and Nino are fairly interchangeable in terms of usefulness so you should use whichever one you like to use more. This team has very few effective weakness it's only one that stands out is Kagero and some Zephiel builds if running Azura without the defensive tiles. If you're really worried about that you can replace Linde with Reinhardt assuming you have a five star version of him (didn't see one in the picture). This team can still kill Kagero you're just gonna have to attack her at close range.

Also just as a note I sure hope you're Julia or Nino have green tome breaker 3 because they're going to want it otherwise they're wise you're stuck baiting some those mages with Roy.

Edited by Locke087

5 minutes ago, Sakuto said:

@Locke087 Thank you for the advice! I was wondering since I am working towards raising the starters to become bonus units what three man core do you think I should run?

I'm not sure I entirely understand the question are you asking me about team builds for the Askr Royals (aka the Starter Units)?  

Edited by Locke087

Just now, Locke087 said:

I'm not sure I entirely understand the question are you asking me about team builds for the Askr Royals?  

Sorry about the terrible wording >.<! I was just wondering since I was planning to use the Askr Royals as my bonus units from now on since they are always in rotation what would you recommend for the other three units? Sorry for being a pain bleh >.<

29 minutes ago, Sakuto said:

Sorry about the terrible wording >.<! I was just wondering since I was planning to use the Askr Royals as my bonus units from now on since they are always in rotation what would you recommend for the other three units? Sorry for being a pain bleh >.<

That's fine just wanted to make sure before I typed all this out.

Team Sharena would be Ryoma, Linde, Sharena, Nino/Julia. Azura can also be in the place of Linde though I usually recommend at least two range units if at all possible but the team would still work well with her she would just be a permanent dance bot.

Team Anna would be likely Ryoma/Tharja, Reinhardt, Azura/Nino & Julia, Anna. Tharja if and only if you're build allows her to counter Hector otherwise you must field Ryoma. Azura if you prefer the extra moment Julia & Nino if you need to take out Reinhardt on enemy phase.

Team Alphonse is the same as the team posted above just replace Roy and make sure he's properly equipped counter Hector or that your Nino/Julia can do it (some builds can do that).

Also all instances of Linde can be replaced with Reinhardt if you would prefer him.

Edited by Locke087

10 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

That's fine just wanted to make sure before I typed all this out.

Team Sharena would be Ryoma, Linde, Sharena, Nino/Julia. Azura can also be in the place of Linde though I usually recommend at least two range units if at all possible but the team would still work well with her she would just be a permanent dance bot.

Team Anna would be likely Ryoma/Tharja, Reinhardt, Azura/Nino & Julia, Anna. Tharja if and only if you're build allows her to counter Hector otherwise you must field Ryoma. Azura if you prefer the extra moment Julia & Nino if you need to take out Reinhardt on enemy phase.

Team Alphonse is the same as the team posted above just replace Roy and make sure he's properly equipped counter Hector or that your Nino/Julia can do it (some builds can do that).

Also all instances of Linde can be replaced with Reinhardt if you would prefer him.

Thank you so much for all of the help!

4 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Horse Emblem Question:

I beat the monthly quest without much trouble. It doesn't really even need a fully-fledged horsie team with buffs. Just some luck. I believe I used Cecilia, Peri, Xander, and Priscilla.

I'm slowly working on a better team for other purposes. I've got Xander probably as a permanent staple. (Still working on getting him Fury 3 and Cav Buff...) I also got my 4 star Ursula Barblade+, so she'll be my next upgrade. I know everyone sings Cecilia's praises (and I actually really like her with Gronblade), but it will be another few centuries before I get enough feathers to upgrade her. I've since gotten a 5* Cain and 5* Titania I can add to the mix. and Camus is probably coming soon...

Who should fill my final two slots for the time being? I'm leaning towards a team of Xander, Ursula, Titania, and Cain. Ursula and Titania could handle the mages while Xander and Cain could handle the melee, but Peri isn't a terrible unit. (Plus I already gave her Swordbreaker and a cav buff.) I plan on using all of these peeps eventually, but I need to narrow my focus or else I'll never get anything done. Plus I don't know much about Cain. I've heard mixed reviews... (I really like him at the moment.)

On my horse emblem, I run Priscilla and Xander who do ~75% of the work.  Priscilla can tank most mage hits so don't be afraid to send her out to bait mages to come close.  Additionally, she can finish off quite a few units, especially now that she has Wrathful Staff.  Rehabilitate is the best on her, because Xander should have Fury 3 which will lower his health (and actually help because you'll heal more).  What I do, is have Hone Cavalry on Priscilla because she's going to be healing Xander, which is pretty typical.  But I actually run Fortify Cavalry on Xander.  This is because she is healing him most of the time, putting her in risky situations and the +6def/res really helps.  Finally, run any blade user of your choice because now you have fortify and hone that you can use to catapult your blade user's attack up to silly amounts. Either use one with a lot of speed or Reinhardt/Olwen so all that +atk allows them to KO pretty much anything.  The reason people love Cecilia is because she is a blade user, there's nothing else spectacular about her.  It's better to use a green (Cecilia) or red (Leo) unit as a blade because most teams will run have Reinhardt and you don't want two blue mages.  For your forth unit, I'd try to get a Reinhardt because while cavalry teams rely very much on setup, Reinhardt can get you out of a sticky situation without buffs.  If you don't get Reinhardt, you could use Ursla for your blade user and use another Physical unit for more coverage (like Perri).

4 hours ago, rockocalypse said:

If I dont play arena this week, and I'm at tier 13, will I rank down? I check the tier score and it has nothing highlighted but I just want to be sure.

I've also noticed that nothing is highlighted when you haven't gotten any score yet. I would assume that you would be treated as having a score of zero and you would drop drop down as a result of it.

Maybe there is an unintended loophole and you will just stay in Tier 13, but I doubt it. If that did somehow happen you probably wouldn't get any of the rewards so I don't think it would be worth it either way.

Welp... I ended up pulling a 5* Cecilia. I just need to talk about things. Apparently that's how I summon them. She's +RES -SPD which seems slightly inferior to my 4* +ATK -HP however. I'm thinking that I might actually pass on her tome to someone else. 

Should I just save myself the feathers and work on this Cecilia? Or should I pass on her tome to someone like F. Robin or Merric? I guess there's always the option to just save her and merge her into my 4* one when/if I promote her.

5 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Should I just save myself the feathers and work on this Cecilia? Or should I pass on her tome to someone like F. Robin or Merric? I guess there's always the option to just save her and merge her into my 4* one when/if I promote her.

1. Are you using a Cavalry team?

2. Does Cecilia bring something different to your team that no one else does/something you think you need?

3. Do you use Merric or F Robin enough to give away a 5 star for her tome?

17 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

1. Are you using a Cavalry team?

2. Does Cecilia bring something different to your team that no one else does/something you think you need?

3. Do you use Merric or F Robin enough to give away a 5 star for her tome?

I'm actually working on building a cavalry team. The advice I've received in the past involves letting Cecilia and Ursula (or Reinhardt) do all the heavy lifting with blade tomes (or just Reinhardt being Reinhardt). As far as green mages go, I already have Nino who handles most stuff like a boss. Cecilia is mounted so that provides some variety, but without cavalry buffs, she's super slow which has been a problem for me in the past. I also have a Titania who I absolutely adore at the moment. She just eats everything that isn't red.

As for Merric and F. Robin... I don't really use Robin because I don't like her tome all that much...even though it did help me beat the 11-5 Lunatic quest... And Merric is just one of my favorite characters. I use him because I love him. As he is, he works well, but he doesn't fill any niche that Nino doesn't. Since he's pretty bulky, I figure he'd probably enjoy a raven + Triangle Adept + -breaker build.   

44 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm actually working on building a cavalry team. The advice I've received in the past involves letting Cecilia and Ursula (or Reinhardt) do all the heavy lifting with blade tomes (or just Reinhardt being Reinhardt). As far as green mages go, I already have Nino who handles most stuff like a boss. Cecilia is mounted so that provides some variety, but without cavalry buffs, she's super slow which has been a problem for me in the past. I also have a Titania who I absolutely adore at the moment. She just eats everything that isn't red.

As for Merric and F. Robin... I don't really use Robin because I don't like her tome all that much...even though it did help me beat the 11-5 Lunatic quest... And Merric is just one of my favorite characters. I use him because I love him. As he is, he works well, but he doesn't fill any niche that Nino doesn't. Since he's pretty bulky, I figure he'd probably enjoy a raven + Triangle Adept + -breaker build.   

Personally if I were you I would still upgrade the better IV Cecilia you've been working on and merge them, + units actually give you huge bonuses in the arena (as it will increase your highest possible score) that why I'm always fielding my Lyn despite her not always adding to my team. Just in case you're wondering there's no one that can use her Raven Tome better than she can especially considering that Kagero is the most common colorless in the arena, I suggest preparing Cecilia for both Raven and Blade builds as they are both useful for different things (that's what I did with mine currently running the raven build and it's working towards the blade).  That and working with this version of her is pretty bad -spd is a very bad IV for her,  it basically prevents her from doubling anything ever even with Hone Calvary  that due to how bad her speed is.

Edited by Locke087

I don't have any archer at level 40, and although my pool of archers is quite limited and not very good, I think it's due time to have at least one available for challenges and such. Which one of the following should I train? Maximum rarity of 4*, unless I somehow have a hidden jewel that's a must-to-5* there and I didn't realize:

> 4* Rebecca (+Def -Atk)

> 4* Virion (+HP -Res)

> 3* Niles (Neutral)

>3* Gordin x2 (+Def -Spd and +Res -Spd)

Some mild skill inheritance is OK, too.

14 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

I don't have any archer at level 40, and although my pool of archers is quite limited and not very good, I think it's due time to have at least one available for challenges and such. Which one of the following should I train? Maximum rarity of 4*, unless I somehow have a hidden jewel that's a must-to-5* there and I didn't realize:

> 4* Rebecca (+Def -Atk)

> 4* Virion (+HP -Res)

> 3* Niles (Neutral)

Whichever one you like most. Personally, I'd do one of the 4* ones just because they're 4*, but it shouldn't make much of a difference which. I'm not sure how much -Atk hurts Rebecca, so that could make things annoying, but for quests, I doubt even that would be a big issue, especially if you're leaving open the option of skill inheritance.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm not sure how much -Atk hurts Rebecca

A 4⋆ −Atk Rebecca has 24 Atk at lvl 40. 33 Atk with a silver bow. That’s pathetic.

21 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

> 4* Rebecca (+Def -Atk)

> 4* Virion (+HP -Res)

> 3* Niles (Neutral)

+Def -Spd Gordin. He has the same Atk base as Klein and can run the same set. His default Atk +3 can tide him over for the time being, though Vantage for another B like Swordbreaker might be preferable.

Hey how much does sp does it cost to inherit a +weapon like Gronnblade+ and Brave Lance+ I'm guessing around 400 but I want to make sure.

Edited by Locke087

4 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Hey how much does sp does it cost to inherit a +weapon like Gronnblade+ and Brave Lance+ I'm guessing around 400 but I want to make sure.

A +-weapon costs 300 SP to learn normally, hence 450 SP to inherit.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

A +-weapon costs 300 SP to learn normally, hence 450 SP to inherit.

Dang it! well good thing I asked before I pulled the trigger I need save another 50 sp...

40 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

+Def -Spd Gordin. He has the same Atk base as Klein and can run the same set. His default Atk +3 can tide him over for the time being, though Vantage for another B like Swordbreaker might be preferable.

Gordin it is then, yeah. His pathetic speed will be somewhat remedied by his great defense. 36 attack at level 40 4* won't do exactly wonders, but enough for my feather budget, thanks to the brave bow.

I'll see if I have a spare Sully around for Swordbreaker, it may help and isn't a big commitment.