"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎2017‎年‎5‎月‎24‎日 at 10:20 PM, Locke087 said:

Personally if I were you I would still upgrade the better IV Cecilia you've been working on and merge them, + units actually give you huge bonuses in the arena (as it will increase your highest possible score) that why I'm always fielding my Lyn despite her not always adding to my team. Just in case you're wondering there's no one that can use her Raven Tome better than she can especially considering that Kagero is the most common colorless in the arena, I suggest preparing Cecilia for both Raven and Blade builds as they are both useful for different things (that's what I did with mine currently running the raven build and it's working towards the blade).  That and working with this version of her is pretty bad -spd is a very bad IV for her,  it basically prevents her from doubling anything ever even with Hone Calvary  that due to how bad her speed is.

Late response. ;-; I've been busy, and I don't want to seem ungrateful for answers to my questions, so I always try to respond. I feel as though I've missed some people...so sorry about that. I'm not ignoring you! I'm always grateful for the help.

I had been considering two builds for Cecilia simply because I absolutely love the raven tome. It's been so good for me on M. Robin. I'll probably get all the necessary skills for Raven!Cecilia on the 5 star I pulled, and all the Blade!Cecilia skills on my 4 star in that case. And then I'll simply merge the two when I finally get around to promoting Cecilia... At the moment, she's not super high on my list unfortunately. Thanks for the help!

I was wondering, is this build good for Lilina? She's +RES -DEF and I don't have a Tharja to pass her Blade atm.

Raven+
Drag Back
Moonbow
TA 3
Swordbreaker 3
Spur ATK 3

Besides Falchion/Recp Aid and Fury users is it worth passing down Renewal to make a character more tanky?

Can desperation work on someone that has high speed but low damage and relies on a 4 turn special for damage? (EX: Felicia)

3 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

I was wondering, is this build good for Lilina? She's +RES -DEF and I don't have a Tharja to pass her Blade atm.

Raven+
Drag Back
Moonbow
TA 3
Swordbreaker 3
Spur ATK 3

Besides Falchion/Recp Aid and Fury users is it worth passing down Renewal to make a character more tanky?

Can desperation work on someone that has high speed but low damage and relies on a 4 turn special for damage? (EX: Felicia)

If you don't kill when you use Desperation, there's no point.

3 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Raven+
Drag Back
Moonbow
TA 3
Swordbreaker 3
Spur ATK 3

Can't go wrong with TA3 Raven. Not even +Atk Klein kills her, while she kills him back.

Renewal is alright on Hector I guess. Especially if he has Bonfire. It also works for Celica. Other than that not really, since Quick Riposte is better.

What Phineas said.

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

If you don't kill when you use Desperation, there's no point.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Can't go wrong with TA3 Raven. Not even +Atk Klein kills her, while she kills him back.

Renewal is alright on Hector I guess. Especially if he has Bonfire. It also works for Celica. Other than that not really, since Quick Riposte is better.

What Phineas said.

Thanks for the input.

52 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Raven+
Drag Back
Moonbow
TA 3
Swordbreaker 3
Spur ATK 3

Raven tomes are better on mages with high def rather than high res, this is because colorless units fall into two types: Physical, and Healers. Healers do not need a tome to be countered, even with Wrathful staff all of them die if anything looks at them funny.

Your Lilina is even -Def, which hurts the Raven build even more.

+Atk Klein takes her down to single digit hp---it's simply not worth running a Raven tome when you only check colorless rather than hard-counter. If Klein has his special up Lilina can't even tank him anymore---it's a really crappy special that can't do 10 damage. In all honesty Henry would do better with TA 3, because he can at least sit there and soak hits with his absurd bulk thanks to Raven Adept, and then use Ignis to nuke people. (Sophia does better than both in the TA3 Raven department, though. Comparable bulk to Henry, comparable offenses to Lilina.)

For example, a 'classic' raven mage like M!Robin would meet 4 Takumi and murder them all. Your Lilina dies to the third Takumi because she just doesn't have the bulk. (She'll die to the second if some of them are running skills other than Close Counter in the A-slot---a good idea due to Takumi's very nice offensive spread. Firesweep Takumi would make your Lilina cry, for example, and she'll die to the second brave-bow user because she doesn't have the bulk to survive more than one.)

Also, -Blade tomes are excellent, but a Swordbreaker TA3 Lilina would still 1 round swords and 1 shot greens with her default tome, and you can pack Iceberg for heavy damage, too, since you don't have +special timer from -Blade. My opinion is just to leave Lilina with TA3 Swordbreaker until a 5* Tharja comes along, because she does 90% of her job without a -blade tome. (That said, I don't like Lilina because 'her job' is a bit narrow, a lot of units can kill greens and swords and do other stuff on top of that.)

If you really want to do the TA 3 raven build, though, Vantage is an option. Lilina's high Atk means she one-shots a ton with double triangle advantage---colorless units are all ranged, so she'll always hit first during the counter.

Renewals a pretty nice skill in general. Better in PvE than arena, but even there it lets you win the attrition war. It's mostly useful when you don't need the B-slot for anything else. Selena, for example, is someone who doesn't really need the B-slot for anything. Her high speed means that she won't need the double hit or breaker skills to double people. Her high bulk means that she doesn't need desperation to prevent counter-hits. And her low attack means she'll usually be trading hits for a while, so renewal lets her do her job easier.

The way I think of desperation: It's not a skill that let's a character do their job, it's a skill that let's a character keep doing their jobs even when their hp is low. If you can't kill things without desperation, then you don't have much reason to run it, because you won't be able to kill with desperation either. Desperation turns losses into wins, but it does nothing for draws.

For that reason, Felicia would probably prefer Windsweep, a Seal skill, or QR in her B-slot. Windsweep so she can debuff safely, seal skill so she makes it really easy to pick people off after she debuffed them, and QR is for her to murder the fastest and strongest mages, relying on her speed and res to keep from dying. (Fast and strong means you're made of paper, and that's about all Felicia can kill.)

Edited by DehNutCase

@DehNutCase Thanks for the input, I'll keep Lilina with her default weapon for now then, I managed to pull an Alm from the Celica banner that can pass Windsweep to replace her Poison Strike 3, though I'd prefer it if the sacrifice is a duplicate since it's a rare unit. If you think it's worth it then I'll just do it, QR does sound nice as well since she can one round all Fury Linde barring +DEF with an attack buff. As for seals, I don't have any fodder for Seal ATK 3 currently, but have a lot of Virions to pass down the SPD one instead.

Edited by Fei Mao

6 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

I managed to pull an Alm from the Celica banner that can pass Windsweep to replace her Poison Strike 3, though I'd prefer it if the sacrifice is a duplicate since it's a rare unit. If you think it's worth it then I'll just do it

I'd keep Windsweep on Alm for now, as you've said, he's pretty damn rare, and I doubt Windsweep would boost Felicia to insane heights by itself. (Being able to debuff safely is a pretty nice niche, but not exactly a vital one.)

There's really no stress min-max units like crazy, given how simple PvE is, and how generous arena tier rewards are. (3 orbs a week should be possible with just 4k score, and losing 1 orb/week isn't exactly something to lose sleep over.)

17 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

What makes Reinhardt better than Olwen since both have Dire Thunder? 

Reinhardt is great on his own and better with Hone Cavalry support.

Olwen is mediocre on her own and wins the game with Hone Cavalry support.

Reinhardt is also a lot easier to get since he can be pulled at 4-star rarity.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reinhardt is great on his own and better with Hone Cavalry support.

Olwen is mediocre on her own and wins the game with Hone Cavalry support.

Reinhardt is also a lot easier to get since he can be pulled at 4-star rarity.

So... basically Reinhardt is more flexible, but on all cavalry team Olwen is better?

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

So... basically Reinhardt is more flexible, but on all cavalry team Olwen is better?

Yes. Reinhardt doesn't need team support at all to do his job, so you can just drop him on any old team, but Olwen deletes the entire game as long as she has Hone Cavalry up.

It doesn't even need to be a full cavalry team for Olwen. Just Hone Cavalry is all she needs. I tend to run her in a 2-2 composition with two infantry and two cavalry.

Another round of Ice Dragon is indecisive:

I have been blessed with a [+Atk, -Def] Celica. I don't know if I want to sacrifice one of my Spring Lucinas for Swift Sparrow or if I want to use the cheaper (in terms of wallet) Life and Death.

Assuming the +10 metagame (even if I can only get Celica up to +5 at the moment), is there anything I should specifically be taking into consideration when deciding which passive A skill to give her (on both player phase and enemy phase)? Is there any important match-up she wins with one that she doesn't with the other?

Second question: Renewal or Swordbreaker? (And how much does it depend on if I have Ardent Sacrifice on my team?)

Curious to know, I keep hitting the limit of heroes, because I personally have always been more of a collector type than anything so I never said anything home in case I need it. Is there a list of heroes that are completely worthless for skill inheritance, and are just better to merge with their copies or send home altogether? I personally think Oboro seem worthless but I may be incorrect, I have 11 copies of her. 

9 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

Curious to know, I keep hitting the limit of heroes, because I personally have always been more of a collector type than anything so I never said anything home in case I need it. Is there a list of heroes that are completely worthless for skill inheritance, and are just better to merge with their copies or send home altogether? I personally think Oboro seem worthless but I may be incorrect, I have 11 copies of her. 

Felicia, Donnel, Est, Beruka off memory. I have been working on something to help prioritise units by skill.

Anything with a +3 stat-up, Obstruct, Pass, a Defiant, a Seal, Knock Back, etc is probably useless. The meta currently favours quick over powerful, so given the choice between Iceberg and Glacies, go for Iceberg (I think...). When it comes to weapons, go big or go home- the + skills are where it's at.

I'd think what I'd like to see made at some point is a list of skills ordered from all-around useful, useful on the right unit, good if you can manage it, needlessly situational.

Been sitting on a spare Hector for a while now, debating on who togive Distant Counter too. Subaki would be my first choice because he's been a life saver on multiple occasions, but I'm intending to giving him Iote's Shield once Michelis comes back. Other options are:

Effie- mostly vanilla with a side of Iceberg

Azura- still vanilla

Lukas- vanilla

Ephraim- Swap tacked on

Spring!Xander- vanilla

Peri- tacked on Brash Assault since she normally doubles anyway

Then the Pegasus girls of Cordelia, Hinoka, and Catria.

I really want this on a lance user since that's the only one without a Distant Counter equivalent until we get Camus.

20 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Late response. ;-; I've been busy, and I don't want to seem ungrateful for answers to my questions, so I always try to respond. I feel as though I've missed some people...so sorry about that. I'm not ignoring you! I'm always grateful for the help.

I had been considering two builds for Cecilia simply because I absolutely love the raven tome. It's been so good for me on M. Robin. I'll probably get all the necessary skills for Raven!Cecilia on the 5 star I pulled, and all the Blade!Cecilia skills on my 4 star in that case. And then I'll simply merge the two when I finally get around to promoting Cecilia... At the moment, she's not super high on my list unfortunately. Thanks for the help!

Sound good, no need to worry about responding lol. But just for fun here what your end goal (minus fury 3 I only have 2 at the moment may try LaD 3 at some point too) looks like my Cecilia is -atk +spd she is a monster lol (yes even though she is -atk the + spd makes up for it imo).

Spoiler

IMG_1803.png

Edited by Locke087

I know that unit with "Dragback" retreat even when "dragged"  unit is dead. Does this happen even if it survive but can't be dragged due terrain (mountains, lava pits, etc... )?

Edited by Tenzen12

14 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I know that unit with "Dragback" retreat even when "dragged"  unit is dead. Does this happen even if it survive but can't be dragged due terrain (mountains, lava pits, etc... )?

Drag Back doesn't work at all if the unit it would have pulled cannot occupy the new space, like cavalry in a forest or anything besides a flier into a mountain or lava.