"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

Does effects like Darting/Death Blow, Fury and/or support count for -blade weapons?

To be a bit more specific, the only effects that affect Litrblade are the ones that when you tap on the stat in the header ribbon, it gives you "Bonus: +x" (not 100% sure of the wording in English). Effects that don't appear there or appear as "Bonus: -x" or "Penalty: -x" are ignored.

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

And which is better for -blade tome users, Fury or LaD?

Depends on the unit.

Life and Death is used for naturally fast units that want to double attack as many things as possible. If the unit dies to too many things on the counterattack, Swift Sparrow can be used as a substitute.

Fury is used for units that are used on both player phase and enemy phase to bait other mages.

Death Blow is used for slow units that don't have much of a chance of double attacking to begin with.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Happens often to me, I can't keep certain skills and weapons in mind, like Reciprocal Aid. I always have to look them up. 

Perhaps they will make some bench swords bonus in the next Mini-TT? Seliph, Alfonse and Corrin would fit. 

There are many options, you have a good team (no 5* healer pity breaker? Great). 

I don't know how you built your Takumi, but if you haven't done so, I would give your archer with the highest ATK at 5* a Brave bow+/Death Blow set. If you have the +ATK version, Leon could be your man. 

If you haven't done so, you could invest in some emblem teams. Like Hone/Fortify Cav on all Cavs. Fortify flyers on one or two fliers (like Elincia) to run beside Hinoka and S!Camilla. Gronnblade+ for Cecelia and S!Camilla. 

Soon there should be the Ursula GHB rerun, she is good with Blarblade+ in a horse team and you have only three 5* blue mages overall. 

If you have copies with good natures, Cordelia(+SPD/+ATK), Frederick (+ATK) and Cherche (+ATK) are worth investment. They can be made 4*+10, but Cordelia wants her 5* skills (Galeforce, Brave+). 

Otherwise, it's often handy to have the Askir trio at 5*, like @eclipse wrote. They can help as emergency bonus units for arena (and for Mini-TT as it seems) and they are part of missions like kill GHB-unit X with unit Y

Thank you so much for the help! Takumi is actually supposed to be getting a Brave Bow sooner or later I’ve just never gotten around to it! I’m honestly so glad the hype around quadsuna is gone now! 

Your reply was very detailed and I really appreciate it! It seems Freddy and Cordelia will be next, after the askr trio, gotta get my bonus units ;.;

1 hour ago, Sakuto said:

Thank you so much for the help! Takumi is actually supposed to be getting a Brave Bow sooner or later I’ve just never gotten around to it! I’m honestly so glad the hype around quadsuna is gone now! 

Your reply was very detailed and I really appreciate it! It seems Freddy and Cordelia will be next, after the askr trio, gotta get my bonus units ;.;

Glad to help, you are welcome! 

Regarding your archers, it would be worth to check their natures. +ATK Leon should get your priority, no matter if 4* or 5*. Watch their base ATK (bane/neutral/boon):

5* Takumi 29/32/35

5* Leon 31/34/37

4* Leon 29/32/35

5* Jeorge 29/32/35

4* Jeorge 27/30/33

If you got one of them +ATK, he should become your Brave Archer. Leon 4* +ATK has the same ATK as Takumi 5* +ATK, but with the potential of a future promotion.

If you ever get a Klein, he is the cheapest option, since he comes with death blow and brave bow. But he is also the best fodder for your other archers. I'm running a +ATK Jeorge and a +ATK Klein. Never got Bridelia, Innes or Takumi, only a -ATK Leon. 

This was only regarding the classical Death Blow set, if you want to go for a quad built (with life and death), Takumi could be the fastest of your archers. It depends their natures and you should run the numbers before making a big investment, though. 

Hey guys, I've got a question. I'm currently working on Innes as a mage killer and have him twice: 1. -HP/+DEF and 2. -ATK/+RES. Neither of these stats really suit his role perfectly I think so what would you guys suggest, which one would be better to pick and which to merge into the other?

8 minutes ago, ShizuDrive said:

Hey guys, I've got a question. I'm currently working on Innes as a mage killer and have him twice: 1. -HP/+DEF and 2. -ATK/+RES. Neither of these stats really suit his role perfectly I think so what would you guys suggest, which one would be better to pick and which to merge into the other?

+Res -Att can at least be semi-fixed with Fury 3 and Nidhogg support, whereas +Def is completely wasted on him.

I would go for +Res -Att. Sucks though, if I could I'd give you my own Innes (+Res -HP) just because I don't see myself using him much outside of Arena Assault.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Glad to help, you are welcome! 

Regarding your archers, it would be worth to check their natures. +ATK Leon should get your priority, no matter if 4* or 5*. Watch their base ATK (bane/neutral/boon):

5* Takumi 29/32/35

5* Leon 31/34/37

4* Leon 29/32/35

5* Jeorge 29/32/35

4* Jeorge 27/30/33

If you got one of them +ATK, he should become your Brave Archer. Leon 4* +ATK has the same ATK as Takumi 5* +ATK, but with the potential of a future promotion.

If you ever get a Klein, he is the cheapest option, since he comes with death blow and brave bow. But he is also the best fodder for your other archers. I'm running a +ATK Jeorge and a +ATK Klein. Never got Bridelia, Innes or Takumi, only a -ATK Leon. 

This was only regarding the classical Death Blow set, if you want to go for a quad built (with life and death), Takumi could be the fastest of your archers. It depends their natures and you should run the numbers before making a big investment, though. 

Thanks for posting the IVs for me, but I'm already kind of OCD and need perfect IVs half the time ;.; Both Jeorge and Takumi are +atk, but the Leon's I have are trashy ;.;

10 minutes ago, Sakuto said:

Thanks for posting the IVs for me, but I'm already kind of OCD and need perfect IVs half the time ;.; Both Jeorge and Takumi are +atk, but the Leon's I have are trashy ;.;

I usually don't care too much about natures (my -ATK PA!Azura, BH!Roy, Y! Tiki, Lukas and NS!Corrin perform quite well), but since Brave Archers have only one important stat at all, it's worth to consider it. 

30 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

+Res -Att can at least be semi-fixed with Fury 3 and Nidhogg support, whereas +Def is completely wasted on him.

I would go for +Res -Att. Sucks though, if I could I'd give you my own Innes (+Res -HP) just because I don't see myself using him much outside of Arena Assault.

Thanks! I really didn't have luck with his IVs yet but your suggestion seems to be the best thing I can do with him so I really appreciate your help.

Another episode of Ice Dragon is Indecisive.

I need a special skill for Diadora, and it's going to be either Iceberg or Glacies. The problem is which one.

I also need an A skill. I'm thinking of waiting for Distant Def (no fodder), but I'm wondering if anything else makes sense. Fury is likely off the table because of Quick Riposte.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I need a special skill for Diadora, and it's going to be either Iceberg or Glacies. The problem is which one.

Usually, I’d go Iceberg so that she would be doubled and proc on retaliation. But how much is she doubled when she Spd Ploys stuff?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Usually, I’d go Iceberg so that she would be doubled and proc on retaliation. But how much is she doubled when she Spd Ploys stuff?

Very few things are double attacking her with the Tempest Trials buffs.

Doesn't help that Ayra is running Hone Spd.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Very few things are double attacking her with the Tempest Trials buffs.

Doesn't help that Ayra is running Hone Spd.

In the tempest, anything goes, really. Even Glimmer.

What about Glacies + QP seal? Additional tick every map goes a long way. That’s how I use my Ignis Eldigan in this tempest.

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In the tempest, anything goes, really. Even Glimmer.

What about Glacies + QP seal? Additional tick every map goes a long way. That’s how I use my Ignis Eldigan in this tempest.

Diadora is currently running Distant Def 3 because Julia hits like a truck. I find Quickened Pulse is generally not as necessary in Tempest for activating special skills because you typically start a map with lower than maximum cooldown anyways.

Basically, I guess it's just if Iceberg's damage output is high enough that the extra damage that Glacies puts out is not necessary.

Edited by Ice Dragon

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Another episode of Ice Dragon is Indecisive.

I also need an A skill. I'm thinking of waiting for Distant Def (no fodder), but I'm wondering if anything else makes sense. Fury is likely off the table because of Quick Riposte.

How about a totally different route? Fury, Escape Route, Brash Assault seal and Miracle? 

Its less efficient, but perhaps more fun. She wouldn't one round Julia, but she could kill her on EP then. Would be only difficult to have miracle ready to bait her. 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

How about a totally different route? Fury, Escape Route, Brash Assault seal and Miracle? 

Its less efficient, but perhaps more fun. She wouldn't one round Julia, but she could kill her on EP then. Would be only difficult to have miracle ready to bait her. 

I'm not really a fan of teleporting, and the build makes it exceptionally hard to use her everywhere else. I'm also a couple thousand SP short of even being capable of making said build and don't yet have the Brash Assault seal.

Also, Julia hits like a truck even with Distant Def on. My Diadora has 47 HP during Tempest Trials, meaning the safe spot for her HP is literally in the single digits in width to survive a counterattack from Julia while having Brash Assault 3 active and have Miracle prevent her from dying on enemy phase. I'm not sure it's even possible with only Brash Assault 1.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not really a fan of teleporting, and the build makes it exceptionally hard to use her everywhere else. I'm also a couple thousand SP short of even being capable of making said build and don't yet have the Brash Assault seal.

Ok, then it doesn't make sense on many levels for you.

I like TT especially for the fact that ER, WoM and the likes can be (mis-)used constantly. I was even considering to give Galeforce to Anna (but too expensive for just one mode and she nearly maxed HM). Perhaps I'm wrong, but I remember you mentioned to have enjoyed beaming Ninian around in TT1. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, then it doesn't make sense on many levels for you.

I like TT especially for the fact that ER, WoM and the likes can be (mis-)used constantly. I was even considering to give Galeforce to Anna (but too expensive for just one mode and she nearly maxed HM). Perhaps I'm wrong, but I remember you mentioned to have enjoyed beaming Ninian around in TT1. 

Teleporting dancers is fun because I don't need to bother to place my other units in convenient locations (except in Grand Hero Battles and the like where positioning is everything). Teleporting attackers is somewhat of a chore.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes.

Ah, I was confused because I didn't realize Lloyd had his infernal already and I already had +3 Lloyd.

Time to get 100k feathers...
Really want four fangs dream team and already have Jaffar +1 which is the only nonguarantee unit. 

Edited by Lushen

Is there a particular special that a +Speed/-Attack Shigure would want or will any damaging special suffice? I'm going to be building him as with the standard Blárraven/TA/Bowbreaker set to counter BH!Lyn.   

Edited by tobuShogi

Not breaking any new grounds here, but what about wo dao-Iceberg + Fury-Desperation on Caeda?

I already have spare wo daos, and hopefully I can get a +Atk Caeda in the near future.

Tagging @LordFrigid because why not.

Edited by Vaximillian

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not breaking any new grounds here, but what about wo dao-Iceberg + Fury-Desperation on Caeda?

I already have spare wo daos, and hopefully I can get a +Atk Caeda in the near future.

Tagging @LordFrigid because why not.

That should be fine. I gave it a few battles in AA just now and it worked pretty well (note that I’m running her on a Goad team)...she even did all the fighting against a team of Ayra, Ike (Brave), Sigurd, and Nephenee...Wo Dao-boosted Iceberg is nasty.

I worry a little bit about Wo Dao Caeda’s ability to fight when she can’t get Iceberg off, but with the proper Atk support it shouldn’t be too bad.

38 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Is there a particular special that a +Speed/-Attack Shigure would want or will any damaging special suffice? I'm going to be building him as with the standard Blárraven/TA/Bowbreaker set to counter BH!Lyn.   

When in doubt, Moonbow. For Enemy Phase units, unless they have Slaying Weapons or skills with similar effects, go with Moonbow-Quick Riposte/Breaker. If the Enemy Phase unit has Slaying Weapons, Steady Breath, or other skills like that, I would go with Bonfire or Iceberg.

Okay, time to ask the question. What units should I use for a horse emblem team and how should I divy out the buffs? 

Units in consideration: Eldigan, Sigurd, Ursula, Cecilia, Roderick, Peri, Titania, Fredrick

Buff available: A bunch of hone's, ward's, and fortify's. Sadly, no goads.