"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

When you transfer skills from a rearmed hero, do those skills disappear from the rearmed hero, or does it just make a copy for whomever is inheriting those skills?

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

When you transfer skills from a rearmed hero, do those skills disappear from the rearmed hero, or does it just make a copy for whomever is inheriting those skills?

It just copies the skill from the Rearmed Hero to the recipient, nothing really happens to the Rearmed Hero. The only thing that happens is that particular copy of the Rearmed Hero cannot be used to inherit skills from again.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

It just copies the skill from the Rearmed Hero to the recipient, nothing really happens to the Rearmed Hero. The only thing that happens is that particular copy of the Rearmed Hero cannot be used to inherit skills from again.

Is that "cannot be inherited from at all" or just "cannot be inherited from without disappearing"?

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Sounds like a setup for an exploit to duplicate skills.

1. Have the Rearmed Hero learn the skill you want to duplicate.
  2. Use that copy of the Rearmed Hero to teach the skill to another unit.
  3. Merge that copy of the Rearmed Hero into a fresh copy of the Rearmed Hero. The fresh copy of the Rearmed Hero will now have the skill you want to duplicate.
  4. Repeat from step 2.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sounds like a setup for an exploit to duplicate skills.

1. Have the Rearmed Hero learn the skill you want to duplicate.
  2. Use that copy of the Rearmed Hero to teach the skill to another unit.
  3. Merge that copy of the Rearmed Hero into a fresh copy of the Rearmed Hero. The fresh copy of the Rearmed Hero will now have the skill you want to duplicate.
  4. Repeat from step 2.

Hm... Well, it might be an exploit, but it is still an expensive exploit to do. You still have to aim for a 5* exclusive unit either way, whether it is Líf: Arcane Blade or whoever else like Chrom: Fate-Defying Duo for Close Salvo or something.

The only situation I can think of to use this exploit is if you are going after a Legendary or Mythic with a rare skill like Thórr for Flow Guard, because RNG can be a real bitch on those Foci. I do not think there are any other scenario, is there?

39 minutes ago, XRay said:

Hm... Well, it might be an exploit, but it is still an expensive exploit to do. You still have to aim for a 5* exclusive unit either way, whether it is Líf: Arcane Blade or whoever else like Chrom: Fate-Defying Duo for Close Salvo or something.

The only situation I can think of to use this exploit is if you are going after a Legendary or Mythic with a rare skill like Thórr for Flow Guard, because RNG can be a real bitch on those Foci. I do not think there are any other scenario, is there?

For players that were already planning on getting a +10 merge on a Rearmed Hero, you're effectively turning one skill fodder unit into 11 for almost free (basically just the opportunity cost of not getting a different skill from the Rearmed Hero).

For example, Trace skills are still pretty rare and are in relatively high demand, so you can fodder a Fallen Gustav to Rearmed Lif for A/D Near Trace. Then, by performing Arcane Inheritance after each merge, you can have up to 11 units inherit Arcane Eljudnir + A/D Near Trace 3 despite having foddered only a single copy of Fallen Gustav. (And since merging a Rearmed Hero with an available Arcane Inheritance into a Rearmed Hero with an already used Arcane Inheritance also passes down the usability of Arcane Inheritance, you can continue to merge additional copies of Lif past +10 into the merge base to keep getting A/D Near Trace from the unit.)

Or, if you're willing to give up some copies of Arcane Eljudnir and prioritize the duplication of A/D Near Trace, you can have non-sword units inherit his Atk/Def Menace with A/D Near Trace instead (Threaten Atk/Def is available from Atlas and 3 Grail units).

Other options for skill duplication once we get compatible Rearmed Heroes are the rare Special skills (Deadeye, Lethality, Vital Astra, and Godlike Reflexes), the slightly less rare Ruptured Sky (which has massive demand), the other Trace skills, the newer Fighter skills, the combination Close/Distant Counter skills, and Whitecap Bow (because even if you're getting an Arcane bow with it, it's probably still worth having Whitecap Bow as an option to switch to; heck, you can get an Arcane bow, Whitecap Bow, Whitecap Bow+, and Deadeye from a single Arcane Inheritance).

Edited by Ice Dragon

Thanks for all the help, guys! That said, I don't know what to do now. I should use my Lif to transfer skills to other units, but I just don't know who to give what to. Agh, there's my decision paralysis acting up again... Maybe I shouldn't overthink it and just transfer some of Lif's base kit to someone who could benefit from it...

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Thanks for all the help, guys! That said, I don't know what to do now. I should use my Lif to transfer skills to other units, but I just don't know who to give what to. Agh, there's my decision paralysis acting up again... Maybe I shouldn't overthink it and just transfer some of Lif's base kit to someone who could benefit from it...

I would just wait. If you really want to transfer the skill to someone right now, then I would pick someone who already got a Refine, but it is a shitty Refine compared to whatever Arcane Weapon they want. For example, while Draug's Stalwart Sword is not dog shit like Effie's Lance, it is not great either when compared to Arcane Éljúđnir. For an even better example, Hinata's Katana is even worse than Effie's Lance, and it is so bad you are better off just sticking with Ruby Sword so he will at least have a relevant niche against greens in Arena Assault or something. Someone like Hinata would definitely appreciate it more than say Ike or Lon'qu.

Edited by XRay

Hopefully Clash 3 gets released on a demote sometime during the next year to maximise inheritance value on a base kit nuLif. Until then, I'm seeing suggestions that the most efficient use of him would be giving him Ruptured Sky and DC from M Byleth, thus enabling a quad-inheritance of nuSword, Ruptured Sky, DC and Menace for both the original copy and every subsequent one you pull.

EDIT: For some reason, Gamepress claims he has Threaten Atk/Def 3 instead of his Menace skill. This is incorrect and so the above claim is valid I think. Which actually makes it tempting to pull him even if I'm not currently playing.

Edited by Humanoid

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I would just wait. If you really want to transfer the skill to someone right now, then I would pick someone who already got a Refine, but it is a shitty Refine compared to whatever Arcane Weapon they want. For example, while Draug's Stalwart Sword is not dog shit like Effie's Lance, it is not great either when compared to Arcane Éljúđnir. For an even better example, Hinata's Katana is even worse than Effie's Lance, and it is so bad you are better off just sticking with Ruby Sword so he will at least have a relevant niche against greens in Arena Assault or something. Someone like Hinata would definitely appreciate it more than say Ike or Lon'qu.

Ah, maybe I will just wait then. (I was going to transfer some A and C skills instead of the sword since some people really want good Atk/Def skills.) Thanks for the advice!

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

If you're in no rush to merge him, just hold onto him for later.

The best units to fodder Lif to are slow sword units that have outdated refines and slow sword units that are seasonal, ideally units that you intend to actually use. Unless you're swimming in copies of Lif, you should really always be transferring Arcane Eljudnir every time.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Effie's Lance has +11 Atk and nullifies the opponent's Def Bonuses. It may do only one job, but it does the one job decently well, and Effie has the stats to actually pull it off, unlike Draug, who is a purely physical tank that hits like a wet noodle and is the wrong color to deal with the most common dragons.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Hopefully Clash 3 gets released on a demote sometime during the next year to maximise inheritance value on a base kit nuLif. Until then, I'm seeing suggestions that the most efficient use of him would be giving him Ruptured Sky and DC from M Byleth, thus enabling a quad-inheritance of nuSword, Ruptured Sky, DC and Menace for both the original copy and every subsequent one you pull.

It mostly depends on the availability of skills for the individual player. (For example, I have a decent supply of Hrid manuals left over that can be used for Distant Counter and Atk/Def Menace.)

I think the best skills to consider giving Lif for skill duplication are Ruptured Sky, Distant Storm, Atk/Def Catch 4 (wait until we get Atk/Def Catch 3 on a non-Grail 4-star before using), A/D Near Trace 3, Atk Smoke 4, and Def/Res Smoke 3. Also possibly R Duel Cavalry 4.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're in no rush to merge him, just hold onto him for later.

The best units to fodder Lif to are slow sword units that have outdated refines and slow sword units that are seasonal, ideally units that you intend to actually use. Unless you're swimming in copies of Lif, you should really always be transferring Arcane Eljudnir every time.

Thanks for the rule of thumb! I'm really excited to get rid of his Res bane, but I have no idea who I'd give his sword to, so I suppose I'll just hang back for now until someone pops out at me.

Ah, but...another question... How do Rearmed units work with manuals? Can you manual them and then use the manual like you would any other manual? Can you inherit skills from them, manual them, and then use the manual for skill inheritance again?

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Ah, but...another question... How do Rearmed units work with manuals? Can you manual them and then use the manual like you would any other manual? Can you inherit skills from them, manual them, and then use the manual for skill inheritance again?

Rearmed Heroes that have not yet used Arcane Inheritance can be turned into manuals. They behave like normal manuals and disappear after use.

When merging using a manual, it presumably counts as a Rearmed Hero that has not yet used Arcane Inheritance and should refresh the Arcane Inheritance status of the merge base. (Not 100% sure, but this is logically what should happen.)

Rearmed Heroes that have already used Arcane Inheritance cannot be turned into manuals.

19 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rearmed Heroes that have not yet used Arcane Inheritance can be turned into manuals. They behave like normal manuals and disappear after use.

When merging using a manual, it presumably counts as a Rearmed Hero that has not yet used Arcane Inheritance and should refresh the Arcane Inheritance status of the merge base. (Not 100% sure, but this is logically what should happen.)

Rearmed Heroes that have already used Arcane Inheritance cannot be turned into manuals.

I see. Thanks again! I feel like I have a much better grasp on how to handle my 2nd Lif! 🙂

So, I am thinking of a previous conversation about arena builds, and +10s, etc. so when the legendaries come back around under “Special Maps,” you can only earn orbs once. When GHBs come around a second time can you earn more copies of the unit? For example, will I ever be able to get more than three Holsts from GHBs (since he is current).

Every time a GHB is re-run, one copy of the unit is made available as a quest reward. It can take a while though, for instance the next scheduled re-run is Aelfric, who was initially released a full year ago (to the day, in fact). Some units get to skip the queue as part of "Grand Hero Parties" during anniversary celebrations and the like.

3 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

So, I am thinking of a previous conversation about arena builds, and +10s, etc. so when the legendaries come back around under “Special Maps,” you can only earn orbs once. When GHBs come around a second time can you earn more copies of the unit? For example, will I ever be able to get more than three Holsts from GHBs (since he is current).

If you've cleared the maps before, they'll still be marked as cleared on the rerun and the reward will no longer be available.

Wasn't sure if I should make a thread or just ask in this thread...
I used to play FEH a lot before I deleted my account in 2019. I've had thoughts of coming back, but I'm not sure. Is it a good idea to play a new game of FEH in Fall 2022 as free to play, or will I never be able to catch up or get anything done at this point unless I spend enough cash?

Edited by Yuyu

Any idea if the new Atk/Res tempo from legendary Dierdre will be available in the hall of forms skill pool for the TMS rerun next month? Was thinking of using a forma soul on Kiria that wave, and that tempo skill I imagine would be her best B skill.

And does this sound like a good idea for Kiria? Close reversal and attack smoke 4. I know she already gets pretty bulky with her pref weapon, so I was thinking of trying to go for an enemy phase setup on her

Also is it true there will be a sparkable banner with this lineup happening? I heard some people saying there will be, but wasn't entirely sure

Edited by Faellin

2 hours ago, Yuyu said:

I used to play FEH a lot before I deleted my account in 2019. I've had thoughts of coming back, but I'm not sure. Is it a good idea to play a new game of FEH in Fall 2022 as free to play, or will I never be able to catch up or get anything done at this point unless I spend enough cash?

It is technically possible to catch up relatively quickly from square one. There's just enough free units available to you by now that you could scrape through the earliest levels on just them alone.
However I'm not sure if the Feh experience is actually worth coming back to. It honestly feels like the longer the game goes on, the more powercreeping becomes a major issue.

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Any idea if the new Atk/Res tempo from legendary Dierdre will be available in the hall of forms skill pool for the TMS rerun next month? Was thinking of using a forma soul on Kiria that wave, and that tempo skill I imagine would be her best B skill.

And does this sound like a good idea for Kiria? Close reversal and attack smoke 4. I know she already gets pretty bulky with her pref weapon, so I was thinking of trying to go for an enemy phase setup on her

Also is it true there will be a sparkable banner with this lineup happening? I heard some people saying there will be, but wasn't entirely sure

1. We're just now getting skills from up to Mythic Hero Askr's release. Assuming that the skill pool is updated every month, then perhaps yes ARtempo will be in the pool by the TMS revival HoF. However since this is the first HoF Revival, we don't necessarily know what that would mean for skill pool updates in concurrence with revivals.

2. Keep in mind that without sufficient growth Kiria's defenses are not that good (38/29/34 at base) and ranged units generally do not make for good Melee walls. Slotting in Def/Res Ideal 4 or Bracing Stance 3 at least makes her Ranged tanking game better. As for Atk Smoke 4, while the follow-up denial is good to have it is only available after her first combat, something to keep in mind.

3. It was announced in the latest Feh Channel that there would be a sparkable banner with the coming revival.

1 hour ago, Yuyu said:

If you play casually, being free to play is honestly more than fine. If you want to play semi-competitively, being free to play is fine too, but you will need a bit more planning and patience since you will have limited resources to work with, but it honestly is not that bad. You can technically play competitively and reach the very top tier while being free to play, but you need an iron discipline and be willing to learn on top of planning and patience.

I may be pay to play, but I only play semi-competitively. I do not think going competitive is really worth it as I do not want the associated stress even with my budget.

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

She is not really that bulky, and her Weapon is pretty meh even compared to more recent inheritable Weapons. She will die to modern nukes even with inheritance.

If you really want to go enemy phase with her, I would go with:
Unity Blooms
(Any Assist)
Ruptured Sky
Finish or Stance
Tempo or Lull
Pulse Smoke or Atk Smoke
Quick Riposte

2 hours ago, Yuyu said:

Here is the right place.

2 hours ago, Yuyu said:

Is it a good idea to play a new game of FEH in Fall 2022 as free to play, or will I never be able to catch up or get anything done at this point unless I spend enough cash?

As long as you're not spending orbs unnecessarily, it's not difficult to get a decent team using sparks to get newly released units in combination with the large number of free pulls the game gives out.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

However I'm not sure if the Feh experience is actually worth coming back to. It honestly feels like the longer the game goes on, the more powercreeping becomes a major issue.

I don't really see power creep as too significant of an issue right now.

Power creep in weapons has been slow for the last two years, and refines have been keeping pace with brand new weapons.

Recent inheritable passive skills have pretty much all been side-grades. Only Save and Trace really stand out, and those are pretty old at this point and have gotten no real changes recently other than the combinations of stats they give and their availability.

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

Unless a ranged unit has an insane weapon, I don't think it's worth running Close Counter on them. They not only have fewer points of stats overall compared to melee units, but they also need those points spread out across more stats and are at an automatic disadvantage from the start due to the fact that Atk always gets a boost from a unit's weapon Mt.

If you're going to run an enemy-phase build, it's better to just focus on maximizing stats and defensive effects and limit the unit's role to just dealing with ranged opponents.