Randoman

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Is there any reason?

1. for more bulk

2. Higher BST for arena 

3. If you think she's bae

4. If you got a bangin' set you want to give her but she needs to be 5 stars

5. Silver sword + fodder for a thirsty Fury 3 Selena

What is great about Fury? Is it really worth taking 6 damage every time you attack? 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Jman1115 said:

What is great about Fury? Is it really worth taking 6 damage every time you attack? 

If you're Olivia, you're unlikely to fight more than 1 opponent per arena run, because you're too busy dancing for the more dedicated combat units. However, in the case she is attacked, whether out of misposition or on purpose, the boosted spd/def/res is going to help her take the hit. I don't have a spare TAdept right now, so my Olivia runs Fury2 until I get TAdept. It does put her to 48atk/36spd, though, which is pretty solid.

Fury also pairs well with skills that require you to be below x HP, such as Desperation and Vantage, as it's a safe way to lose HP.

Fury doesn't work for every unit but it is solid depending on the set.

Edited by Thor Odinson

6 minutes ago, Jman1115 said:

+3 Atk and +3 Spd with no loss to defenses is the biggest gain.

The 6 damage you receive at the end of combat is the same 6 damage mitigated by +3 Def and +3 Res if you were attacked twice; however, the end of combat damage cannot kill you whereas the direct damage can.

Finally, the self-damage even when you don't take direct damage makes it easier to activate skills like Vantage and Desperation.

1 minute ago, Jman1115 said:

Fury is kinda funny,

It's not worth taking 6 damage after anything, but it really depends on how much one benefits from it. Typical fury Koalaficactions:

Unit benefits from 3/4 stats

Unit benefits from 4/4 stats

Selena is a prime example of a good fury candidate. Her stats are so balanced that any boon (except hp maybe) gives her an edge somehow (though plus speed is prefered). And if you give her something like Renewal, she turns into the ultimate baby gurl of destruction.

Now 3/4 would be someone like Nino (I have a fury 3 Nino so yeah). She gets good resistance, really good speed, and REALLY good attack. Hit her up with Desperation and she does an absolute truckload of damage with boosts from Gronnblade and she doubles instantly.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Fury is kinda funny,

It's not worth taking 6 damage after anything, but it really depends on how much one benefits from it. Typical fury Koalaficactions:

Selena is a prime example of a good fury candidate. Her stats are so balanced that any boon (except hp maybe) gives her an edge somehow (though plus speed is prefered). And if you give her something like Renewal, she turns into the ultimate baby gurl of destruction.

Now 3/4 would be someone like Nino (I have a fury 3 Nino so yeah). She gets good resistance, really good speed, and REALLY good attack. Hit her up with Desperation and she does an absolute truckload of damage with boosts from Gronnblade and she doubles instantly.

I would even say Fury3 Nino might be better than LoD2/3 Nino if you ever plan on putting her on a defense team. LoD Nino + Ardent is fine in offense because the player is a lot better than the AI at just not letting Nino get hit by anything that would kill her, whereas Fury3 Nino, given +Spd -Def, has 33HP/16+3 Def, which actually allows her to survive 1 hit from unboosted +Atk Takumi and ORKO him right back. Could definitely catch someone off guard that way.

I run LoD2 Nino anyway because I have dancer and a shitton of positioning skills on team, but I'd totally run Fury3 on my Ryoma if I can actually get a goddamn Hinata. 30 (34 buffed) def on Ryoma when you use him as an counter off-tank+vantage just sounds delicious. I think I can actually block Kleins this way.

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

I would even say Fury3 Nino might be better than LoD2/3 Nino if you ever plan on putting her on a defense team. LoD Nino + Ardent is fine in offense because the player is a lot better than the AI at just not letting Nino get hit by anything that would kill her, whereas Fury3 Nino, given +Spd -Def, has 33HP/16+3 Def, which actually allows her to survive 1 hit from unboosted +Atk Takumi and ORKO him right back. Could definitely catch someone off guard that way.

Bro, I know this already, I actually sometimes count on her living Takumi hits XD

But Nino has more to worry about than takumi, which is why I said 3/4 and not 4/4. I'm happy you recognize that Fury is way better though ;)

Also, not having to switch draw back with ardent is a very nice convenience.

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Bro, I know this already, I actually sometimes count on her living Takumi hits XD

But Nino has more to worry about than takumi, which is why I said 3/4 and not 4/4. I'm happy you recognize that Fury is way better though ;)

Also, not having to switch draw back with ardent is a very nice convenience.

I do like having draw back on her, and it works incredibly well with my team, though the benefits of Ardent vs Fury damage is that Nino has to kill 2 dudes first before getting desperation, whereas Ardent is more like let Ryoma take a hit (sometimes for nominal damage, like him vs Camilla), heal him so he can go back to tanking shit (since vantage is more for deleting something he already weakened or green mages and i don't need it up all the time), which is 1 less enemy fought before desperation is up.

I guess it depends on team comp, though. Granted, I don't actually need Nino to live Takumi on my main file (Ryoma onerounds them already and he can take on at least 2 of them, plus I can buff Nino high enough to do straight oneshots), but recently I started using that side file I have before I rolled Ryoma again (because I ran out of orbs for bunnies so I got some bunnies there) and Nino is 4* over there and can't quite oneshot Takumi and can't take a hit either

so rip

2000 more feathers until 5* for side file Nino though

Edited by Thor Odinson

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm happy you recognize that Fury is way better though ;)

Fury is better on a defense build because the AI doesn't know to use Ardent Sacrifice to set up Desperation (it just knows to use Ardent Sacrifice to heal teammates).

On offense, you can use your build optimally to safely activate Desperation, and Life and Death secures better match-ups than Fury.

On another note, if my main usage of Ryoma is off tank, and he is already +Spd with 42 speed buffed, it would be more optimal to put the HP+3 seal on him, right? I occasionally have him take a hit from someone, live with 25 HP, and when i move him up to block a Tiki the Tiki does exactly 25 to him and I'm like :/ and end up needing to retreat if I can't safely get Nino to Ardent him from that position, so I feel the HP might be more useful than the +1Atk? Idk what extra OHKOs he'd secure with 48/55 (defiant3) atk that he can't with 47/54 as far as his vantages go.

I put +atk on Nino and +spd on Olivia, for reference.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Someone help me decide who to promote- I have over 65k feathers and I kinda want to use them

Right now I have:

4*:

Navarre

Fir

Eirika

Lon'qu

Olivia

Hana

Palla

Tiki-Adult

Lilina

Sharena

Oboro

Catria

Nowi

Corrin-F

Ursula

Barst

Sheena

Michalis 

Beruka

Cecilia

Gordin

Jakob

Clarine

Priscilla

3*:

Hinata

Draug 

Sophia

Est

Shanna

Florina

Subaki

Bartre

Narcian

Cherche 

Robin-F

Niles

Felicia

Saizo

2*:

Alfonse

Anna

Wrys

(Such a small pool of 2* lol)

1 hour ago, Jman1115 said:

Forget what it is called but a couple of my units have a skill that gives 10 healing EVERY OTHER round. Thinking about putting that on my young tiki or lucina coupled with Vantage some sort of attack buff. This would give her constant healing when coupled with her sword's passive of every third round and in the instance that she is brought low, she counter attacks first, giving her a better chance of surviving until she can heal up. 

Is there ANY REASON to level Olivia up to 5*? 

Also, is Spring Camilla worth investing in? Doesn't seem so, but I have seen a few people say they are using her and I am not sure if they just like her, or if there is some untapped potential I am not getting. 

I'm really surprised no one else above me mentioned this (or maybe I skimmed too fast and missed it), but you can't have Renewal (the 10 healing every other round skill) and Vantage on the same unit because they're both B-slot skills. I think there are better skills for both of them, but if you were just picking between Renewal and Vantage I'd probably go with Renewal. 

As people have mentioned, upgrading Olivia to 5* increases her overall bulk and power (+Atk Olivia with Triangle Adept can actually ORKO a neutral Hector if she's 5*), as well as increases your Arena score because it boosts her overall BST. That said, she doesn't gain as much from the promotion as other units, so it really depends on who you already have.

Spring Camilla is good on the right teams. The two most popular builds are to make her a nuke, but this involves inheriting Nino's Gronnblade tome and pairing her up with a dedicated flier team (or at the bare minimum a unit with Hone Fliers). The other popular build makes her less of a nuke but a bit tankier and involves giving her Cecilia's Gronnraven tome to help Camilla take out blue and colorless units (coupled with Triangle Adept, this is even enough to make her lose her flier weakness to arrows). I personally prefer the -blade set, but either works. She needs inheritance to do well though; her vanilla set leaves a lot to be desired. 

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Fury is kinda funny,

So I was initially going to say that desperation doesn't seem to make sense because mages are typically one shot, but I am assuming now that I have thought about it more that Fury's 6 damage per turn (if you attack) actually triggers desperation eventually. Damn. Thanks for all the help. 

@MrSmokestack

I'm not actually missing any colors in my current pool of 5*, just trying to see who would be the best boon overall. But here's most of my roster with each one's natures (I couldn't get them for a few units though). 

Also, I haven't messed with Skill Inheritance and I don't really intend to, but I'm still open to suggestions for what to put on units.

5*: 

Marth (+HP, -SPD)

Lyn (+ATK, -SPD)

Chrom (+HP, -ATK)

Effie (+DEF, -HP)

Robin-M (+DEF, -SPD)

Lucina-Spring (+ATK -RES)

Camilla (+DEF -HP)

Camilla-Spring (+DEF -ATK)

Takumi (+ATK, -RES)

Lachesis

Merric (+HP, -RES)

4*:
Navarre (Neutral)
Fir (+ATK, -HP)
Eirika (Neutral)
Lon'qu (+RES, -DEF)
Olivia
Hana (Neutral)
Palla (+HP, -DEF)
Tiki-Adult
Lilina (+RES, -SPD)
Sharena (Neutral)
Oboro (+HP, -RES)
Catria (+SPD, -DEF)
Nowi (+ATK, -DEF)
Corrin-F (Neutral)
Ursula (Neutral)
Barst (+HP, -ATK)
Sheena
Michalis (Neutral)
Beruka (+DEF, -ATK)
Cecilia
Gordin (+ATK, -DEF)
Jakob (+SPD, -HP)
Clarine (+RES, -HP)
Priscilla (+HP, -SPD) 

Robin-M(+HP, -DEF)

3*:

Fir (+RES, -DEF)
Hinata (+HP, -DEF)
Draug (+RES, -ATK)
Sophia (one is +DEF, -RES and the other neutral)
Est (+ATK, -DEF)
Shanna (+HP, -RES)
Florina (+HP, -SPD)
Subaki (One is +RES, -ATK and the other +ATK, -HP)
Bartre (+SPD, -HP)
Narcian (Neutral)

Corrin-F (+HP, -SPD)
Cherche (+HP, -DEF)
Robin-F (Neutral)
Niles (Neutral)
Felicia (+RES, -ATK)
Saizo (+RES, -SPD)

2*: (all neutral)
Alfonse
Anna
Wrys

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

I'm still fighting "skill inherit users", so is it better send my extra unit home or save them for their skills?

I would save them. You're already given 200 free slots for units. Use those slots! It's better to have something and save it than send it home and need it later. 

^Well they do give out a chunk of feathers & I'm almost out of room. Not to mention I don't want to get into the chaos of skill heritance in general.

Edited by Zangetsu

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

^Well they do give out a chunk of feathers & I'm almost out of room. Not to mention I don't want to get into the chaos of skill heritance in general.

My main issue is how little feathers they give. It might do to send home duplicates with no useful skills at all. If you are adament about not doing skill inheritance at all, sending them home is a good choice. 

57 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

@MrSmokestack

I'm not actually missing any colors in my current pool of 5*, just trying to see who would be the best boon overall. But here's most of my roster with each one's natures (I couldn't get them for a few units though). 

Also, I haven't messed with Skill Inheritance and I don't really intend to, but I'm still open to suggestions for what to put on units.

Reveal hidden contents

5*: 

Marth (+HP, -SPD)

Lyn (+ATK, -SPD)

Chrom (+HP, -ATK)

Effie (+DEF, -HP)

Robin-M (+DEF, -SPD)

Lucina-Spring (+ATK -RES)

Camilla (+DEF -HP)

Camilla-Spring (+DEF -ATK)

Takumi (+ATK, -RES)

Lachesis

Merric (+HP, -RES)

4*:
Navarre (Neutral)
Fir (+ATK, -HP)
Eirika (Neutral)
Lon'qu (+RES, -DEF)
Olivia
Hana (Neutral)
Palla (+HP, -DEF)
Tiki-Adult
Lilina (+RES, -SPD)
Sharena (Neutral)
Oboro (+HP, -RES)
Catria (+SPD, -DEF)
Nowi (+ATK, -DEF)
Corrin-F (Neutral)
Ursula (Neutral)
Barst (+HP, -ATK)
Sheena
Michalis (Neutral)
Beruka (+DEF, -ATK)
Cecilia
Gordin (+ATK, -DEF)
Jakob (+SPD, -HP)
Clarine (+RES, -HP)
Priscilla (+HP, -SPD) 

Robin-M(+HP, -DEF)

3*:

Fir (+RES, -DEF)
Hinata (+HP, -DEF)
Draug (+RES, -ATK)
Sophia (one is +DEF, -RES and the other neutral)
Est (+ATK, -DEF)
Shanna (+HP, -RES)
Florina (+HP, -SPD)
Subaki (One is +RES, -ATK and the other +ATK, -HP)
Bartre (+SPD, -HP)
Narcian (Neutral)

Corrin-F (+HP, -SPD)
Cherche (+HP, -DEF)
Robin-F (Neutral)
Niles (Neutral)
Felicia (+RES, -ATK)
Saizo (+RES, -SPD)

2*: (all neutral)
Alfonse
Anna
Wrys

I would hold off promoting until the bonus units for next season are revealed. However, since Sharena is highly likely to show up on the new rotation given how the past two turned out, my suggestion is to give her the bump. The others I would suggest are your 4* Eirika, Olivia, and Catria, but Sharena requires the least amount of skill inheritance to function compared to them and works great as a supporting unit. If you're fine with your pool of 5* red swords, you could even pass Eirika's Hone Spd to Sharena to replace Fortify Def with and perform her role much better. Although, Marth and Lyn are -Spd, for 31 and 34 Spd compared to Eirika's 35, so it's up to you.

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Don't knock it until you try it.

It's great for salvaging characters that had mismatched boon/bane combos, and made good characters better.

Alright, so I plan on inheriting some skills for Robin once I get someone with Swordbreaker 3. I decided to keep Bonfire on him over Ignis/Moonbow.

However, the question is, what should be is A slot? I wanna try and boost his defense so Bonfire is more powerful. But at the same time, I want to actually try out Triangle Adept to maximize damage with swordbreaker. Here are some other options as well that I'm considering:
A) Def+3
B) Triangle Adept
C) Defiant Def (Does it work with Bonfire/Ignis?)
D) Armored Blow (Doubt this but would it work with Bonfire/Ignis?)
E) Attack Def+2/Fury (Kind of a last resort though)

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Alright, so I plan on inheriting some skills for Robin once I get someone with Swordbreaker 3. I decided to keep Bonfire on him over Ignis/Moonbow.

However, the question is, what should be is A slot? I wanna try and boost his defense so Bonfire is more powerful. But at the same time, I want to actually try out Triangle Adept to maximize damage with swordbreaker. Here are some other options as well that I'm considering:
A) Def+3
B) Triangle Adept

I'll answer these out of order.

- Yes, Defiant Def will work with Bonfire/Ignis
- I THINK Armored Blow will also work, but only on your phase
- So will Fury

What you'll need to do is stop and ask yourself whether or not the extra 3 damage is worth it.  Fury will give you the "best" outcome at +2 on Bonfire and +3 everywhere else.  But if you want the most damage, it's either Triangle Adept on things he's good against, or Defiant Atk.

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

A) Def+3
B) Triangle Adept

Triangle Adept for sure.

It pairs amazing well with both Swordbreaker and Blarraven, letting him completely shut down two colors at once. 

18 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'll answer these out of order.

- Yes, Defiant Def will work with Bonfire/Ignis
- I THINK Armored Blow will also work, but only on your phase
- So will Fury

What you'll need to do is stop and ask yourself whether or not the extra 3 damage is worth it.  Fury will give you the "best" outcome at +2 on Bonfire and +3 everywhere else.  But if you want the most damage, it's either Triangle Adept on things he's good against, or Defiant Atk.

17 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Triangle Adept for sure.

It pairs amazing well with both Swordbreaker and Blarraven, letting him completely shut down two colors at once. 

Alright thanks. Good to know. Thought Triangle Adept was the best choice.
And now I'm conflicted between Threaten Res, Savage Blow, or Spur/Hone Atk... XD