"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Let's say it takes you 2.5 minutes to run a mission and it costs 9 stamina to run the mission. The exact numbers don't matter and are chosen for convenience.

If you use the stamina restore first:

You go up to 198/99 stamina (this isn't physically possible because you can't use a stamina restore at max stamina, but it makes the numbers work out better than 197/99). It takes you 27.5 minutes to expend your first 99 stamina to run 11 runs.

You now have 99/99 stamina. It takes you 27.5 minutes to expend 99 more stamina to run 11 runs. In those 27.5 minutes, you have regenerated 5 stamina.

You have now spent 55 minutes doing 22 runs and have 5 stamina left over with 2:30 remaining before your next point of stamina.

If you use the stamina restore when you run out of stamina:

You have 99/99 stamina. It takes you 27.5 minutes to expend your first 99 stamina to run 11 runs. In those 27.5 minutes, you have regenerated 5 stamina. There is 2:30 remaining before your next point of stamina.

You use a stamina restore. You now have 104/99 stamina. It takes you 27.5 minutes to expend 99 more stamina to run 11 runs. In those 27.5 minutes, you have regenerated 5 stamina. There is 2:30 remaining before your next point of stamina.

You have now spent 55 minutes doing 22 runs and have 10 stamina left over with 2:30 remaining before your next point of stamina.

Essentially, any time you spend with your stamina over 99/99 is wasted because your are not regenerating stamina at all during that time.

Longer missions and lower stamina costs per mission increase benefit you receive from waiting to use a stamina restore. Shorter missions and higher stamina costs per mission decrease the benefit you receive from waiting to use a stamina restore.

The only way for the benefit of waiting to use a stamina restore to be exactly zero is if it takes you zero seconds to spend all of your excess stamina, and that is physically impossible.

That's mighty kind of you to the math, but I still have no idea what you just said......I'm really sorry

In other words, I'm better off just waiting just waiting for the stamina to go all way to zero correct?

Just now, Zangetsu said:

That's mighty kind of you to the math, but I still have no idea what you just said......I'm really sorry

In other words, I'm better off just waiting just waiting for the stamina to go all way to zero correct?

Yes. 198/99 stamina now is the same as 99/99 stamina now plus 99/99 stamina when you run out. It's the same 198 stamina.

The only difference is that in the first case, you don't passively regenerate stamina for the first half of your grinding whereas for the second case, you're passively regenerating stamina the entire time.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Ice Dragon is only saying that using stamina potions when your stamina is not empty wastes time that could be used to generate additional stamina. It's best to use as much of it as you can before using a potion for this reason.

Also, try not to double post next time. If you forgot to add something, edit your most recent post.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the man himself.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Yo don't double post.  Use the Edit button.  I know it's a pain in the neck to edit in a quote, but it's possible!

6 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

It's time to get somebody turnt up with these feathers. Help me choose my next 5 star: Alfonse or Anna. No other choices than that, I've got both ready at Lv 40 and I can't decide.

Can't say, without knowing who else you have, and who you use.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

I have Caeda, Palla, Catria, Est, Shanna, Florina and Subaki. Am I correct in assuming the only pegasus knights I'm missing are Hinoka and Cordelia?

For now.

25 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I have Caeda, Palla, Catria, Est, Shanna, Florina and Subaki. Am I correct in assuming the only pegasus knights I'm missing are Hinoka and Cordelia?

Same as me! So close to completing my pegasus set. So close!

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

There's Clair once the World of Shadows banner arrives.

3 hours ago, Gustavos said:

It's time to get somebody turnt up with these feathers. Help me choose my next 5 star: Alfonse or Anna. No other choices than that, I've got both ready at Lv 40 and I can't decide.

If this is still an open question, and your other team-mates can accommodate either option, go for Anna just cause.

I have several things I am stuck on. 

First, who to upgrade to 5* with my 20k feathers. Here are my thoughts.

Upgrade Effie so I have a 5* tank. 

Upgrade "old" Tiki so I can have my Young Tiki Inherit her maxed weapon that allows for distance counters.

There are several other characters I could max to 5* to take advantage of an inheritance with such as Robin M, Robin F, etc but Tiki seems the most logical/highest priority. THough I do struggle because have weapons for Nino/Tharja that give advantage over colorless foes would have been helpful in the recent event. 

As for team comp, this is what I was thinking about using. The / indicate an uncertainty about which one to use. 

I was thinking about using:

Nino/Tharja

Erika (planning to inherit 3 "buff allies" skills so she super buffs Nino.)

Lucina/Young Tiki

Ephraim/Effie

I also have Lucius, Roy, Marth as 5* and olivia and Camilla as 4*. 

Final Question:

What is the best way to get SP on a character already level 40. I seem to only be getting 3-6 per battle? When looking to inherit that is a LOT of grinding to get a decent amount of SP. Is this truly the only way to do it? 

Edited by Jman1115

I've been having a somewhat easy time in the arena, and to be honest, from what I hear, I'm apprehensive on why. Can someone explain to me what my arena team's score actually is? For reference, my team (on both offense and defence):

5* 39 Ryoma (43/47/34/27/21): Raijinto, Astra, Hone Spd 3, Atk +1

4* 40 Robin (F) (37/38/27/26/20): Gronnraven+, Ignis, Triangle Adept 1, B Tomebreaker 3

5* 40 Effie (50/58/22/29/23): Silver Lance+, Smite, Death Blow 3, Wary Fighter 3

4* 40 Lissa (36/31/26/28/28): Gravity, Rehabilitate, Heavenly Light, Def +3, Live to Serve 2, Hone Atk 3, HP +3

Spoiler

Stats are in full because I don't remember my Lissa's nature and the calculator threw a fit when I tried to jog my memory.

The 'rating' list offers 172, 148, 182, 149, if that helps.

55 minutes ago, Jman1115 said:

I have several things I am stuck on. 

First, who to upgrade to 5* with my 20k feathers. Here are my thoughts.

Upgrade Effie so I have a 5* tank. 

Upgrade "old" Tiki so I can have my Young Tiki Inherit her maxed weapon that allows for distance counters.

There are several other characters I could max to 5* to take advantage of an inheritance with such as Robin M, Robin F, etc but Tiki seems the most logical/highest priority. THough I do struggle because have weapons for Nino/Tharja that give advantage over colorless foes would have been helpful in the recent event. 

As for team comp, this is what I was thinking about using. The / indicate an uncertainty about which one to use. 

I was thinking about using:

Nino/Tharja

Erika (planning to inherit 3 "buff allies" skills so she super buffs Nino.)

Lucina/Young Tiki

Ephraim/Effie

I also have Lucius, Roy, Marth as 5* and olivia and Camilla as 4*. 

Final Question:

What is the best way to get SP on a character already level 40. I seem to only be getting 3-6 per battle? When looking to inherit that is a LOT of grinding to get a decent amount of SP. Is this truly the only way to do it? 

Hmm, not to experienced in theory crafting, but for what it's worth:

I think Nino would fit your team better than Tharja, since Tharja would give you a third red unit and leave you weak to blue units. Nino on the other hand covers for your other two reds by destroying pretty much every blue unit in existence.

I'm guessing Young Tiki will do better then Lucina, since you already have Erika as a fast sword fighter. Then again, Lucina deals more damage and counters dragons. Young Tiki on the other hand is more tanky and can be used to lure enemies in range of Nino.

For the last slot, it depends on your playstyle I guess. You should at least pick Effie if you are using Tiki, since neither Nino nor Tiki can make use of the defence drops Ephraim provides, and Effie hits harder then him. In terms of tanking Effie is better than Epraim, but Epraim can support other units better (mostly psysical units) and has more movement. Really, The only stat where Ephraim surpasses Effie is speed, but he still gets doubled by a lot of stuff and Effie has wary fighter. One movement makes positioning a pain though.

Hope this helps a bit.

1 hour ago, Jman1115 said:

Final Question:

1. Grind Training Tower for 3 SP per kill within your level range.
  2. Level up a new copy of the character, spend its SP on the skills you want to learn, then merge into your existing copy to automatically transfer those skills over.

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. Grind Training Tower for 3 SP per kill within your level range.
  2. Level up a new copy of the character, spend its SP on the skills you want to learn, then merge into your existing copy to automatically transfer those skills over.

3.  Don't complain about it

I've seen a lot of people claiming SP farming is unreasonable.  It's really not, I've never had an issue.  To put it in perspective, you need to kill 100 enemies for 300 SP.  If you kill an average of 4 enemies, that's 25 rounds... That's really not that bad, is it?

Edited by Lushen

3 hours ago, Jman1115 said:

Final Question:

After hitting level 40, you get +3 per enemy you kill (except in Arena, where it's +1 per kill unless you're killing with a bonus character, in which case it's +3) if the enemies are up to 6 levels below yours (or 8 if they're a Hero and not a generic enemy). 

It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. I was able to get my Julia to gain +500 SP after hitting level 40 within just two days of grinding. It goes by a lot faster with a dancer or two to back you up. Just keep doing level 8-10 of the Training Tower, occasionally going to level 1 to reset the tower matchups if none of levels from 8-10 are favorable for you.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

51 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I put Ardent Sacrifice on my Lucina (Vantage and Defiant atk build designed to hit like a truck), but I'm wondering if it is a good passive for her. Is it a bad choice? Is there a better option if it is?

Eh, there aren't a lot of good support moves for nonsupport units.  Essentially no matter what you put on her, it's going to be something situational.  If you find yourself using it a lot, keep using it.  If you don't find yourself using it a lot try getting a swap-based support and see if you use that. 

Forget what it is called but a couple of my units have a skill that gives 10 healing EVERY OTHER round. Thinking about putting that on my young tiki or lucina coupled with Vantage some sort of attack buff. This would give her constant healing when coupled with her sword's passive of every third round and in the instance that she is brought low, she counter attacks first, giving her a better chance of surviving until she can heal up. 

Is there ANY REASON to level Olivia up to 5*? 

Also, is Spring Camilla worth investing in? Doesn't seem so, but I have seen a few people say they are using her and I am not sure if they just like her, or if there is some untapped potential I am not getting. 

Edited by Jman1115

3 minutes ago, Jman1115 said:

Forget what it is called but a couple of my units have a skill that gives 10 healing EVERY OTHER round. Thinking about putting that on my young tiki or lucina coupled with Vantage some sort of attack buff. This would give her constant healing when coupled with her sword's passive of every third round and in the instance that she is brought low, she counter attacks first, giving her a better chance of surviving until she can heal up. 

That's Renewal 3.

Increased Spd and defenses makes her slightly harder to kill. Increased Atk gives her a bit more of an offensive presence.

Is there any reason?

1. for more bulk

2. Higher BST for arena 

3. If you think she's bae

4. If you got a bangin' set you want to give her but she needs to be 5 stars

5. Silver sword + fodder for a thirsty Fury 3 Selena