"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Questions 1:

I have 20k feathers to upgrade a unit to 5*. Here are my considerations:

Effie to replace my Ephraim

Tiki Old so I can take her "weapon" and give it to Tiki Young so she can counter from a distance. 

Question 2:

Also, does my team comp make sense for story events and what not?

Nino 

Erika to help buff Nino (can a character only hold one buff? I recently discovered that skills can only be applied to a certain slot A, B or C)

Effie/Ephraim

Tiki Young (one day with distance counter)

I also have Lucina, Marth, Lucious, Olivia, Tharja, Roy, Eliwood, Alm, Merric and Spring Camilla at 5* if you think I need to replace someone. The perk to Lucina is she also gives an atk buff that could help Nino out. Would need to replace Tiki Young with her. 

I don't have any issues in the arena so I am not looking for an arena team. Trying to get a core team and then will work on absorbing things to make them more versatile like Axebreakers, and the like. 

Question 3: 

Does an "axe user" have to use an axe or can he adopt someone's same color weapon but a different type? I assume they cannot, but curious. 

Question 4:
Recently I acquired the Iote shield that negates any color disadvantage. Is this best on a tank I presume such as my effie? 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jman1115 said:

Questions 1:

Tiki Old so I can take her "weapon" and give it to Tiki Young so she can counter from a distance. 

Question 2:

Nino 

Erika to help buff Nino (can a character only hold one buff? I recently discovered that skills can only be applied to a certain slot A, B or C)

Effie/Ephraim

I also have Lucina, Marth, Lucious, Olivia, Tharja, Roy, Eliwood, Alm, Merric and Spring Camilla at 5* if you think I need to replace someone. The perk to Lucina is she also gives an atk buff that could help Nino out. Would need to replace Tiki Young with her. 

I don't have any issues in the arena so I am not looking for an arena team. Trying to get a core team and then will work on absorbing things to make them more versatile like Axebreakers, and the like. 

Question 3: 

Does an "axe user" have to use an axe or can he adopt someone's same color weapon but a different type? I assume they cannot, but curious. 

Question 4:
Recently I acquired the Iote shield that negates any color disadvantage. Is this best on a tank I presume such as my effie? 

3. Nope, they can only inherit weapons that are the same type and color. Except for breath weapons. Those are transferable across colors. 

4. Iote sheild does not negate color. Only effective against. So Iote's shield prevents archers from being effective against flying (this skill is only transferable between flying units). If you want the armor version, you'll need Grani's shield. Svalinn's shield. 

Edited by Kiran
Fixed a mistake. Thanks LordFrigid for catching it.

1 hour ago, Jman1115 said:

Questions 1:

Question 2:

Nino 

Effie/Ephraim

Q1: I'm personally in the camp of Ephraim > Effie 'cause movement, I'd recommend gathering more opinions on this.

Q2: Looks ok. On the buff question, all of the passive team buffs are tied to the C slot. In general, A passives are self oriented, B passives are combat oriented, and C passives are team oriented. There are exceptions for each (Wings of Mercy isn't directly combat-related, but is a B, for example). So most characters can carry two buffs: one in the C slot and a Rally in the assist slot. Eirika and Ephraim are cool because their weapons have built-in Hone Atk 2, so they can run three buffs.

I'd actually recommend finding a spare Matthew or someone else with Hone Spd (4* Eirika does too...maybe one or two others, there's a pinned thread on this board that will give you a full list of which Lv 3 passives can be found on which 4* units, if any) and giving it to Ephraim, then running Ephraim, Nino, Tiki, Olivia. You may want to switch out Olivia's Hone Atk for another buff, unless you're dead-set on the +4 over Siegmund's +3. That team gives you solid color coverage and adds in Dance power.

Q3 & Q4 were answered by Kiran, though I would note that the Armor's effective damage negation skill is actually Svalinn Shield, Grani's Shield is the cavalry version.

Edited by LordFrigid

I'm going to second that Hone speed be given to Ephraim to replace your Erika. He's the superior duelist of the two siblings. 

Personally with your team, I would run Lucina, Nino, Ephraim, and Olivia. My main issue with Tiki is that she's a dragon so she's weak against Falchion. Meaning she won't be able to duel with many red swords. 

18 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Personally with your team, I would run Lucina, Nino, Ephraim, and Olivia. My main issue with Tiki is that she's a dragon so she's weak against Falchion. Meaning she won't be able to duel with many red swords. 

I'd say it depends on what else he's doing with Ephraim, who can deal with Falchions much more effectively than Lucina. I may just be heavily biased toward any-range counters though, after my experience with Adult Tiki =P .

36 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I'm going to second that Hone speed be given to Ephraim to replace your Erika. He's the superior duelist of the two siblings. 

Baby Tiki is an absolute Tank, she's weak to Falchions, but she can take on just about any other Red or Green unit and even some Blues.  She's probably one of the best counters to Hector around, and considering he's on teams everywhere, as long as you get a good unit to check Falchions, Tiki is great.  I've been using Tiki on my Arena team since the first week or so, and she's one of my best units.

I've a dilemma in spending feathers. I got 60,000 feathers, but no idea if I need any new 5* at all.
Wanting Kagero from the start, but never got lucky. Grey unit is the only thing I really need.

I did consider spending 20k on Hana for LaD 3 or 20k on Gordin for Vantage 3 or even make my mains +1.

I'm curious for others opinion, Ryoma still need to inherit. =D

Current useful 5*, the marked ones I actually use.

Red:

-5* Ryoma
-5* Tharja
-5* Lucina
-5* Seliph
-5* Lyn
-5* Alm

Blue:

-5* CorrinF
-5* Azura
-5* Abel
-5* Catria

Green:

-5* Hector
-5* Julia
-5* Camilla

Grey:

-5* Jeorge

Arena Defense:
CorrinF + Hector + Azura + Ryoma

Arena Offense:
CorrinF + Tharja + Azura + Bonus

5* Options:

4* Hana        +att -def
4* Anna        Neutral
4* Sharena    Neutral
4* Jeorge    +spd -hp (Will make 5* 40+1, but I don't have any darting blow character)
4* Olivia        +att -res
4* Setsuna    +att -hp
4* Nowi        +def -res
4* Ursula    Neutral
4* Effie    -att + spd (mehh)

Ryoma: Need LaD +3 (Hana 5*) or Fury (Hinata 4*) & Moonbow & Vantage 3(Odin 4*)
Hector: Need Vantage 3 + Threaten att/def 3
Azura: Need Wings or Mercy 3

24 minutes ago, Armend said:

(snip)

If you're using Ryoma that much, get Hana up to 5*.  For Vantage, pull a Lon'qu (eventually).  Much as I like Gordin, I think his merge use should be his bow, not Vantage.

20 hours ago, r_n said:

Is there a breakdwon on earning hero merit? I thought it was just absed on the levels of the enemies, but I took my arthur squad (three 3 star arthurs and my 5 star level 40 sanaki) into the 8th stratum, facing enemies 10-12 levels higher, with them seeing good action and kills...but they only earned ~2.8 each, which is what they were earning in the 5/6 stratums. Meanwhile i was earning ~3...4 or so, depending with my other maxed out squads.

Just reasking this, just in case, but also a new question

I promoted Nowi since she fits a lot of good niches and I can get around her speed issues once I find a nice swordbreaker to passalong. But thanks to the voting gauntlet, i'll have another 20k feathers once the arena is done. Last time Kagero was one of the big choices you guys sugested, so I'm thinking her but before I go wasting feathers just want to make sure that +Attack/-Resistence is a good set of IVs. Seems ideal considering her low defense & HP, yeah?

...My gods. I think my Selena team is just so pitiful that people see it and auto-surrender, thinking I can't get def wins at all. I got 3 def wins of around 290 points each on it, more than both of my other accounts.

(1 is a Lyn, Hector, Ryoma, Linde lineup with WoM and Escape Rotue on everyone but Hector, who has vantage, and the other is my main account. The WoM team has 1 def win, main has 0.)

Edit: ...And I just realized I posted in the wrong thread, derp.

I was going to change my post to ask how I could get def wins, to make it fit this thread. And then I realized I had a =atk/+spd Kagero in my box.

Who was favorited, so I obviously checked its IVs once upon a time.

What is wrong with me. -_-

Edited by DehNutCase

37 minutes ago, r_n said:

Just reasking this, just in case, but also a new question

I promoted Nowi since she fits a lot of good niches and I can get around her speed issues once I find a nice swordbreaker to passalong. But thanks to the voting gauntlet, i'll have another 20k feathers once the arena is done. Last time Kagero was one of the big choices you guys sugested, so I'm thinking her but before I go wasting feathers just want to make sure that +Attack/-Resistence is a good set of IVs. Seems ideal considering her low defense & HP, yeah?

+Attack is the best thing for Kagero, she's ridiculously good with it because of her weapon. The rest doesn't really matter. She should one-shot all commonly used mages, unless they have a effective tome against colourless and good DEF, so I'd say this is fine. 

For your first question, I don't really know the answer, but I'm guessing it's a combination of both your teams average level and the enemy team's average level, so that you can't get the max just by putting three low levels with one fully skill inherited lvl.40+x to just run through everything. That's just my guess, though.

Edited by Birdy

55 minutes ago, Birdy said:

+Attack is the best thing for Kagero, she's ridiculously good with it because of her weapon. The rest doesn't really matter. She should one-shot all commonly used mages, unless they have a effective tome against colourless and good DEF, so I'd say this is fine. 

For your first question, I don't really know the answer, but I'm guessing it's a combination of both your teams average level and the enemy team's average level, so that you can't get the max just by putting three low levels with one fully skill inherited lvl.40+x to just run through everything. That's just my guess, though.

+Spd and +Atk Kagero perform almost identically with L&D and a Atk + 1 seal. (I just checked calcs since mine was +Spd/=Atk). Both kill 88 units, lose to Hector and Celica (expected), and fail to KO certain armors and horses and fliers.

I could go over the match-ups in detail, but I'll wait on that till I get a +Atk Kagero.

+Atk is generally very slightly better outside of the L&D Atk + 1 seal build, however. (Funnily enough, factoring in Fury 3 doesn't change match-ups between +Spd and +Atk at all. I think Kagero just does so much damage that all Infantry get 1RKOd anyway with =Atk.)

Edited by DehNutCase

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

+Spd and +Atk Kagero perform almost identically with L&D and a Atk + 1 seal. (I just checked calcs since mine was +Spd/=Atk). Both kill 88 units, lose to Hector and Celica (expected), and fail to KO certain armors and horses and fliers.

I could go over the match-ups in detail, but I'll wait on that till I get a +Atk Kagero.

+Atk is generally very slightly better outside of the L&D Atk + 1 seal build, however. (Funnily enough, factoring in Fury 3 doesn't change match-ups between +Spd and +Atk at all. I think Kagero just does so much damage that all Infantry get 1RKOd anyway with =Atk.)

Hmm, which site are you checking? Or are you doing your own calculations? With your build (LoD and +1ATK seal), she'll kill one more unit (94 vs 93, difference being Abel) with +ATK. With Fury 3 she'll kill 7 more units with +ATK as opposed to +SPD. The difference is small as you said, though I'd still say +ATK is indeed better, since she'll be killing more units because of enemy merges/boons+banes/buffs and so on.

8 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Hmm, which site are you checking? Or are you doing your own calculations? With your build (LoD and +1ATK seal), she'll kill one more unit (94 vs 93, difference being Abel) with +ATK. With Fury 3 she'll kill 7 more units with +ATK as opposed to +SPD. The difference is small as you said, though I'd still say +ATK is indeed better, since she'll be killing more units because of enemy merges/boons+banes/buffs and so on.

I meant Fury 3 on enemies, not Kagero.

Edit: And the differences are more than that---+Atk gets some KOs on higher def, lower spd non-infantry like Cain, Abel etc, but +Spd gets kills on heroes with higher spd, lower def like Clarine, Shanna, and Sully.

Both versions murder infantry, obviously.

Double Edit: I'm using https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

Edited by DehNutCase

Good to know the Kagero is good to go.

Next question: Triangle Adept. Does it stack with jeweled weapons? I feel like i've seen both yes & no. I'm assuming no because +/-60% would be insane, but I've got a couple selenas that i'll probably upgrade to 4 stars and I want to make sure I don't screw up inheritance for other units.

Just now, r_n said:

Good to know the Kagero is good to go.

Next question: Triangle Adept. Does it stack with jeweled weapons? I feel like i've seen both yes & no. I'm assuming no because +/-60% would be insane, but I've got a couple selenas that i'll probably upgrade to 4 stars and I want to make sure I don't screw up inheritance for other units.

No. (It doesn't stack with enemies carrying it, either.)

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Short answer: no.

Long answer: The WTA modifier never goes above 1.4x (and likewise the WTD modifier never goes below 0.6x) no matter how many gem weapons and TAs are stacked.

Longer answer:

If you have WTA and nothing else, the modifier is the standard 1.2x. 

If you have WTA and Triangle Adept 3, the modifier is 1.4x. 

If you have WTA and a gem weapon, the modifier is 1.4x.

If you have WTA and Triangle Adept 3 and a gem weapon, the modifier is still 1.4x.

If you have WTA and TA 3 and a gem weapon and the opponent also has TA 3 and a gem weapon... the modifier is still 1.4x.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

No. (It doesn't stack with enemies carrying it, either.)

34 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Short answer: no.

Long answer: The WTA modifier never goes above 1.4x (and likewise the WTD modifier never goes below 0.6x) no matter how many gem weapons and TAs are stacked.

Longer answer:

If you have WTA and nothing else, the modifier is the standard 1.2x. 

If you have WTA and Triangle Adept 3, the modifier is 1.4x. 

If you have WTA and a gem weapon, the modifier is 1.4x.

If you have WTA and Triangle Adept 3 and a gem weapon, the modifier is still 1.4x.

If you have WTA and TA 3 and a gem weapon and the opponent also has TA 3 and a gem weapon... the modifier is still 1.4x.

Thanks for the answers, you two. I'll be sure not to accidentally pass along TA to my jewel users. Also nice to know there's a hard cap on the minmum damage

Does anyone know where to get the head sprites of the characters in FEH? I know spriters resource has some characters, but I don't like the whole assembling aspect. Does anyone else know where to get them or will I have to rip them myself? 

2 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Does anyone know where to get the head sprites of the characters in FEH? I know spriters resource has some characters, but I don't like the whole assembling aspect. Does anyone else know where to get them or will I have to rip them myself? 

Take a look here. You will still need to assemble the full sprites yourself, though.

So, with the whole flying mastery quests being a thing I took a look at my flyers and noticed I have two Catria's and three Cordelia's lying around. I like both of them as a character, so I'd like to train them up and stuff, but I'd like some advice on which one to train up and what roles they are good for (I guess Cordelia is good for picking of not to bulky reds, but no idea for Catria).

The natures of my Catria's are (+atk,-def) and (+atk,-spd). The natures of my Cordelia's are (+hp,-atk),(-hp,+def) and (-hp,+res). They are all 4-star, btw.

10 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

So, with the whole flying mastery quests being a thing I took a look at my flyers and noticed I have two Catria's and three Cordelia's lying around. I like both of them as a character, so I'd like to train them up and stuff, but I'd like some advice on which one to train up and what roles they are good for (I guess Cordelia is good for picking of not to bulky reds, but no idea for Catria).

The natures of my Catria's are (+atk,-def) and (+atk,-spd). The natures of my Cordelia's are (+hp,-atk),(-hp,+def) and (-hp,+res). They are all 4-star, btw.

I can at least answer the roles half.

Vanilla Catria is a one-on-one-duelist. Attacking on player phase gives her +6 Def and inflicts -5 Atk on the opponent after combat, which remains until after their next action, effectively mitigating at least 11 damage each turn (when she is weapon triangle neutral or at advantage). Killer Lance and Luna help her break through enemies with high Def, as well.

Vanilla Cordelia is a red-unit eraser. Triangle Adept 2 gives her both an offensive and defense edge against red units and synergizes well with her Brave Lance. Night Sky has okay up-time due to the Brave Lance's double attacks and is preferred over Astra.

Question about Quick Riposte mechanic

Does Quick Riposte HP thereshold requires the unit to have stated HP value before combat or is it retroactive?

I had a silly idea of giving Julia Quick Riposte because iirc this way it ensures an ORKO doubling vs Linde on the defensive which QR2 handily achieves(38 hp - 8 damage = 30 which is 92%) but it does affect Takumi match up if it isnt retroactive so im somewhat curious about this