"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After striking out hard on the last two banners, I'm focusing on making my current team a little better. 

I have a Lucina (Spd+/Res-), and already gave her Fury 3. Looking at some of the builds out there, seems like most suggest either Desperation or Swordbreaker as her B. What are your thoughts between those, or is there a better option? Assuming Moonbow is still going to be her best special.

Rest of my main team is Takumi (Def+/Res, with Vantage), Nowi (Spd+/Res with TriAdv/QR) and Olivia - a pretty vanilla combo

@Ice Dragon What stats does merging Titania give a bonus to?

I have an extra -Atk Titania, who I might merge, if she gets the bump down to 4* after the Banner, but I might even do it without that, since I'm using her on my Horse Emblem team.

I have an extra -Atk Titania, who I might merge, if she gets the bump down to 4* after the Banner, but I might even do it without that, since I'm using her on my Horse Emblem team.

5 minutes ago, Xxxxd said:

is it possible to get a neutral untit? My hector have completely neutral stats nothing - nothing + lol never seen this.

Doesn't happen often but it's definitely possible. 

Just now, fatboyjam said:

Doesn't happen often but it's definitely possible. 

so i get one of the rarest unit in this game with one of the rarest stats okay lol better all neutral as -atk and + spd :D

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Merging a unit gives +1 to the two highest stats (one of which is usually HP). The next merge level gets +1 to each of the next two highest stats and so on, until you've gotten +1 to all stats. Then it repeats. By +5, you should have gotten +2 in all stats (and +3 in the stat that got +1 first), and by +10, you'll have +4 in all stats. 

4 minutes ago, Xxxxd said:

is it possible to get a neutral untit? My hector have completely neutral stats nothing - nothing + lol never seen this.

Yes. Yes, it is.

2 minutes ago, Xxxxd said:

so i get one of the rarest unit in this game with one of the rarest stats okay lol better all neutral as -atk and + spd :D

Congrats. And, much better than Spd+/Atk-.

--

My question got passed up -- I'll post it again in hopes someone has an opinion:

I have a Lucina (Spd+/Res-), and already gave her Fury 3. Looking at some of the builds out there, seems like most suggest either Desperation or Swordbreaker as her B. What are your thoughts between those, or is there a better option? Assuming Moonbow is still going to be her best special.

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Merging a unit gives +1 to the two highest stats (one of which is usually HP). The next merge level gets +1 to each of the next two highest stats and so on, until you've gotten +1 to all stats. Then it repeats. By +5, you should have gotten +2 in all stats (and +3 in the stat that got +1 first), and by +10, you'll have +4 in all stats. 

Yes. Yes, it is.

Does that go by their neutral nature stats, or does it take boon/bane into account?

5 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

My question got passed up -- I'll post it again in hopes someone has an opinion:

I say it depends on whether or not you want to double everything in the game with a speed buff and not get hit on the counter, or only destroy all swords at full HP (although her recovery can get her back into Sword breaker range so that is a factor)

Just keep in mind that 39 + 3 (from fury) = 42 speed at neutral, but with a buff, she reaches FOURTY-SIX SPEED. Which also means if she has desperation, she doubles nearly every unit in the game and doesn't take counter attack damage.

With moonbow and sword breaker she kills all swords except Xander, Zephiel, Draug, Hinata, and Smelldigan. So that's that!

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does that go by their neutral nature stats, or does it take boon/bane into account?

It goes by the stats of the unit as you see them on their character page at this very moment (minus bonuses/penalties/seals from skills/weapons). 

So I guess, to answer your question, yes it takes boon/bane into account.

EDIT: @fatboyjam Desperation and Swordbreaker are the overall best B-skills for Lucina, yes. Life and Death/Desperation makes her a better sweeper but also makes her more fragile while Fury/Swordbreaker makes her a better duelist. Pick based on personal preference. 

I suppose it's worth noting that +Spd is the best nature for a LD/Desperation set whereas Fury/Swordbreaker works with just about any nature, if that matters to you. Also, if you run the Desperation set, I would switch Moonbow out for Luna since they would both activate in the same round of combat (since with Desperation, Falchion becomes a pseudo-Brave sword), so you should take the one with more damage output.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

45 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Nature does count. Ties are broken top to bottom.

For example:

Neutral Robin's stats at level 1 are 18 / 7 / 7 / 7 / 5.
[+Spd, -Res] Robin's stats at level 1 are 18 / 7 / 8 / 7 /4.

Neutral Robin will receive points in HP and Atk at +1, Spd and Def at +2, and Res and HP at +3.

[+Spd, -Res] Robin will receive points in HP and Spd at +1, Atk and Def at +2, and Res and HP at +3.

34 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It goes by the stats of the unit as you see them on their character page at this very moment (minus bonuses/penalties/seals from skills/weapons). 

So I guess, to answer your question, yes it takes boon/bane into account.

EDIT: @fatboyjam Desperation and Swordbreaker are the overall best B-skills for Lucina, yes. Life and Death/Desperation makes her a better sweeper but also makes her more fragile while Fury/Swordbreaker makes her a better duelist. Pick based on personal preference. 

I suppose it's worth noting that +Spd is the best nature for a LD/Desperation set whereas Fury/Swordbreaker works with just about any nature, if that matters to you. Also, if you run the Desperation set, I would switch Moonbow out for Luna since they would both activate in the same round of combat (since with Desperation, Falchion becomes a pseudo-Brave sword), so you should take the one with more damage output.

Much appreciated. I was actually working toward a Fury/Desperation build, which I think it's an old "recipe" since the better combos seem to be the two you recommended.

Since I'm already halfway with Fury, I think I'll go the Swordbreaker route since I also like the duelist role complementing the sweeper/canon LaD/Desperation setup I have on my Nino. Thanks for the help!

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nature does count. Ties are broken top to bottom.

For example:

Neutral Robin's stats at level 1 are 18 / 7 / 7 / 7 / 5.
[+Spd, -Res] Robin's stats at level 1 are 18 / 7 / 8 / 7 /4.

Neutral Robin will receive points in HP and Atk at +1, Spd and Def at +2, and Res and HP at +3.

[+Spd, -Res] Robin will receive points in HP and Spd at +1, Atk and Def at +2, and Res and HP at +3.

Okay, so it goes by level 1 stats, and not level 40 stats?  Although I'm not sure if it would be the same, anyway.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Okay, so it goes by level 1 stats, and not level 40 stats?  Although I'm not sure if it would be the same, anyway.

Level 1 stats.

Some characters have growths that cause stats to change order. For example, Laslow has 1 more Spd than Def at level 1, but 4 more Def than Spd at level 40.

Can somebody tell me what is the balancing logic for Eliwood? I trained him to level 40 as a 4 star, and he's woefully incompetent. Only getting fringe use on this 4 cavs tenth stratum quest where he stays away from the fighting. And I don't know what his bane boon is because the calculator I use only appears to have data on his 5 star variant. The stats are 36/28 (+11 MT)/28/18/33. He can't survive two hits from axe units and his speed tier is average. I'm pitting him against Hector right now and he deals 1 damage versus Hector's 27. What type of enemy is he meant to be fighting against if he gets walled by two healers?

Because I do not have a unit with Galeforce...

How exactly does it work? Do you get the extra turn if you initiate the battle with Galeforce already charged? Or do you get the extra turn if Galeforce is charged by the end of your initiation?

And if it's the former, does the charge proc before or after combat? (That is, do you get to start charging your next Galeforce or are you forced to wait until the end of that round of combat?)

Alright, here's a question for today :D

I have this 4* Camilla I pulled. I want to inherit most of her skills to Anna since she's a good alternative to Minerva and a safe-bet for the seasons to come.
But I'm wondering how much worth is Savage Blow, and who would be the best unit to make use of it?

15 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

How exactly does it work? Do you get the extra turn if you initiate the battle with Galeforce already charged? Or do you get the extra turn if Galeforce is charged by the end of your initiation?

And if it's the former, does the charge proc before or after combat? (That is, do you get to start charging your next Galeforce or are you forced to wait until the end of that round of combat?)

Galeforce works as a "self-dance". It procs after your unit has finished initiating a combat when Galeforce is ready, allowing you to act with the same unit again with the limit being one per turn (Possible case being if you do a 4x attack and the enemy retaliating once). The weakness is that it only procs when this specific requirement is fulfilled. Nonetheless it's a great skill to have for Cordelia as she can basically combat twice, or hit and run safely, in one player phase.

Edited by Lyrai

50 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Can somebody tell me what is the balancing logic for Eliwood? I trained him to level 40 as a 4 star, and he's woefully incompetent. Only getting fringe use on this 4 cavs tenth stratum quest where he stays away from the fighting. And I don't know what his bane boon is because the calculator I use only appears to have data on his 5 star variant. The stats are 36/28 (+11 MT)/28/18/33. He can't survive two hits from axe units and his speed tier is average. I'm pitting him against Hector right now and he deals 1 damage versus Hector's 27. What type of enemy is he meant to be fighting against if he gets walled by two healers?

Comparing two units by putting them head to head is a pointless comparison. Eliwood's low Atk as a 4-star cavalry unit is clearly not going to do much against Hector's massive offenses and bulk as a 5-star armored unit even with weapon triangle advantage.

Eliwood has high Res and high player phase damage output with Durandal due to Durandal's 16 Atk and built-in Death Blow 2 (+4 Atk).

10 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Galeforce activates immediately at the end of combat if it is fully charged and you initiated combat.

@Chromatone Thanks will slap on QR1 and fury 2 then since thats all I have. The game has yet to bless me with any hinatas so no fury 3 for me.

On a side note, I'm trying to build a horse emblem team for next arena(who hasn't? XD) but I really only got the freebie people like cecilia and ursula. No reinhardt or olwen or eldigan. Should I build up cecilia and ursula even w little resources? And if I were to choose between the 2 to use SI, who is more worth it? As for the 4th member, I may just use a frederick, jagen, or gunter until Camus comes out.

1 minute ago, ScarletSylph said:

@Chromatone Thanks will slap on QR1 and fury 2 then since thats all I have. The game has yet to bless me with any hinatas so no fury 3 for me.

On a side note, I'm trying to build a horse emblem team for next arena(who hasn't? XD) but I really only got the freebie people like cecilia and ursula. No reinhardt or olwen or eldigan. Should I build up cecilia and ursula even w little resources? And if I were to choose between the 2 to use SI, who is more worth it? As for the 4th member, I may just use a frederick, jagen, or gunter until Camus comes out.

If you want a serious Cavalry team, you'll want something like:

Camus

Xander/Smelldigan

Blarblade Ursula/Gronnblade Cecilia/Reinhardt

Gunter/Titania

Cecilia and Ursula both give you the same "longevity" since they both run -blade tome on a cavalry team. Ursula just helps more with reds and Cecilia with blues. Cecilia has more base attack and Ursula is faster. Ursula also has innate Death Blow! Make your decisions from there!

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

As a user of Eliwood myself, I use him to check any Red and Green mages, or even some Blue. He can deal decent damage against Hector, but it isn't optimal as he's not a physical tank. He is, however, a mage tank and slayer. I even gave him Distant Counter from my spare Hector to really fulfill that role and bait mages to hit Eliwood and have the attacker die by the slash of a sword instead of magic (Since most mages have low DEF). In the player phase, he's great at picking off squishier units on the far back with his innate Death Blow while the rest deals with the other units.

20 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

My personal cavalry team consists of Eliwood, Reindhart, Cecilia, and Clarine (bonus unit)!

Distant Counter Eliwood takes care of Red and Green while giving a Ward Cavalry.
Reindhart takes care of almost any unit while giving a Goad Cavalry.
TA Cecilia with QR2 checks any Blue and Colorless units and gives a Hone Cavalry.
Clarine gives the healing when needed and gives a Fortify Cavalry.

As the main note, Cecilia is a great unit imo and Ursula may be your best Blade tome user. Although I prefer Cecilia myself, I know Ursula has potential so it's ultimately your choice. Camus will be a great unit to have; his Gradivus has an innate distant counter. For now you can stick with Frederick and Gunter; both are good units. Frederick can basically take care of any Effie, or Gunter can be your Physical tank with the best buffs.

Edited by Lyrai

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

If you want a serious Cavalry team, you'll want something like:

Camus

Xander/Smelldigan

Blarblade Ursula/Gronnblade Cecilia/Reinhardt

Gunter/Titania

Cecilia and Ursula both give you the same "longevity" since they both run -blade tome on a cavalry team. Ursula just helps more with reds and Cecilia with blues. Cecilia has more base attack and Ursula is faster. Ursula also has innate Death Blow! Make your decisions from there!

Cecilia is good, but at least in my Opinion, Ursula is a bit better, due to being faster.  She can double most units with Hone Cavalry, and kill just about everything, except high Res Greens.

I'll have a tough decision to make, once Camus finally gets released.  Abel has been a mainstay on my Arena team for Ages, but 1-2 range is hard to turn down.