"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

15 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Say, I just got my 20k Feathers...

I'm torn between promoting these folks to 5*

A. Cecilia (+SPD, -RES) - My thoughts towards Cecilia is that if I get her to 5*, that means I get Gronnraven+ which I can use to screw up Bow-wielding enemies. Aside from that, I can get her Hone Attack to finally become Hone Cavalry. She's packing Glacies to at least cause some pain with her decent RES despite of the bane.

B. Eliwood (+HP, -RES) - Durandal, that is all...

C. Shanna (+ATK, -SPD) - Uhmm... because she's my favorite character?

D. Ursula (Neutral) - She's starting to become my Glass Cannon on a horse as of lately. She has Iceberg since I'm intending her to become a Blarblade user (I have an Odin but I'm still leveling him).

You have Xander 5*?  Cecilia Triangle Adept + Quick Rip. is one of my fave units as she counters a huge range of deadly ranged enemies who can wreck you in Arena:)  I took 4* ursula and slapped regular Blarblade on her.  With both horse buffs she has an insane 113 kill spread, more then a lot of fully optimized 5* killers!  This is a fantastic budget ftp trio!

@Vaximillian  Thanx for that music link :)  Yea the scoring in FE is what puts it over the top for me, most movies don't have so incredibly evocative atmospheric music.

Edited by Chromatone

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

You have Xander 5*?  Cecilia Triangle Adept + Quick Rip. is one of my fave units as she counters a huge range of deadly ranged enemies who can wreck you in Arena:)  I took 4* ursula and slapped regular Blarblade on her.  With both horse buffs she has an insane 113 kill spread, more then a lot of fully optimized 5* killers!  This is a fantastic budget ftp trio!

My Xander is still at 3* though...

Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte, eh? I might actually consider that on my Cecilia then... I do encounter a good amount of Takumi in Arena and even on Voting Gauntlets.

On the topic of Ursula, I guess that means I can sacrifice my Odin then... or maybe hold back so I can get that Blarblade+...

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

My Xander is still at 3* though...

Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte, eh? I might actually consider that on my Cecilia then... I do encounter a good amount of Takumi in Arena and even on Voting Gauntlets.

On the topic of Ursula, I guess that means I can sacrifice my Odin then... or maybe hold back so I can get that Blarblade+...

Well Xander might be in priority esp since he is an arena bonus and gains the most from the promotion, he also pwns takumi with QR.  I certainly don't recommend promoting a -spd Shana unless its just gonna bring you boundless joy.

4 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

Well Xander might be in priority esp since he is an arena bonus and gains the most from the promotion, he also pwns takumi with QR.  I certainly don't recommend promoting a -spd Shana unless its just gonna bring you boundless joy.

Err... what Inherited skills suit Xander then?

4 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

So what kind of Celica builds are people trying? I saw some discussion yesterday but didn't jump in yet. I saw people recommend using Swift Sparrow, but I don't want to part with my Spring Lucina. After running some calculations, i'm thinking I'll do Darting Blow 3 + Renewal 2/Swordbreaker 2 + Whatever buff is convenient. Though...giving her Savage Blow might be fun. Breath of Life could probably be convenient as well...  And her special will be...either Draconic Aura or Dragon Fang.

I'm curious to hear what everyone else is trying. 

I'm personally running:

• Weapon: Ragnarok
  • Assist: Draw Back or Reposition (haven't decided yet)
  • Special: Draconic Aura
  • A-slot: Life and Death
  • B-slot: Renewal
  • C-slot: Hone Spd (since she'll be taking Ryoma's spot on the team for Arena this season)

I just recently got up to 20k feathers, though I'm a bit loathe to 5* Hana (or any character) just to inherit skills. But alas, my goddess Celica deserves only the best. I'm even more iffy about sacrificing my only 5* Fae (or really, my only Fae, period) for Renewal though, but I also don't see myself pulling another Fae in the near future (nor do I have the feathers to promote a Lissa to 5* for Renewal 3).

Decisions, decisions...

38 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm personally running:

• Weapon: Ragnarok
  • Assist: Draw Back or Reposition (haven't decided yet)
  • Special: Draconic Aura
  • A-slot: Life and Death
  • B-slot: Renewal
  • C-slot: Hone Spd (since she'll be taking Ryoma's spot on the team for Arena this season)

I just recently got up to 20k feathers, though I'm a bit loathe to 5* Hana (or any character) just to inherit skills. But alas, my goddess Celica deserves only the best. I'm even more iffy about sacrificing my only 5* Fae (or really, my only Fae, period) for Renewal though, but I also don't see myself pulling another Fae in the near future (nor do I have the feathers to promote a Lissa to 5* for Renewal 3).

Decisions, decisions...

Desperation isn't even bad on Celica, incidentally. 32/33 might be strictly worse than Tharja, but Tharja's damn good. Sure, you don't get Ragnarok boni below desperation range, but 38 speed doubles a damn lot, and 51 Atk hurts like hell.

I actually have 2 questions quick. I pulled a +Res/-HP Hector, I haven't done any inheritance but give him Swap for better movement. Is he really worth investing in, or just using him for now to be a glutton until something better comes along?

The other question, I seem to be having a lot of luck pulling flying 5*. I've pulled Cordelia, Caeda, Minerva, and Camilla...is Flying Emblem an effective thing? Just seems like one bow user and your day is wrecked. 

9 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I actually have 2 questions quick. I pulled a +Res/-HP Hector, I haven't done any inheritance but give him Swap for better movement. Is he really worth investing in, or just using him for now to be a glutton until something better comes along?

The other question, I seem to be having a lot of luck pulling flying 5*. I've pulled Cordelia, Caeda, Minerva, and Camilla...is Flying Emblem an effective thing? Just seems like one bow user and your day is wrecked. 

Minerva or Camilla can pack Iote's Shield to lure archers. (The ideal would be a tanky red unit with decent attack and give him bow-breaker, but a unit like that doesn't exist. This is to lure Merric cheaply, although Camilla tanks Merric easily with Iotes anyway, thanks to res.)

That said, flier emblem really wants S!Camilla, due to her access to either -Blade or TA-3 Raven. (TA 3 raven reduces archer damage below 100%, and -blade gives her ridiculous damage.)

Edit: Hector's pretty good, vantage and bonfire and he's good to go. If you're planning to give DC to someone else, don't use SI on him, otherwise you can use him since he's quite good.

Edited by DehNutCase

11 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

Hector is pretty great, but Pivot works better for him than Swap if his teammates aren't also armors like he is. Vantage and maybe Bonfire is the bulk of what he needs to get him going. Otherwise, other units can appreciate his Distant Counter.

Flier Emblem is somewhat underwhelming if you lack a Camilla-Spring. She can run either Raven Adept for bulk or -Blade for OHKO potential. Otherwise, they're very limited with what they can do at range.

There are flier units that are suited to taking down archers in one round though, namely Cordelia. A +Atk Cordelia with an Atk buff can ORKO +Def Takumi, though Death Blow or Goad / Hone Flier remove the need for this.

Iote's Shield is a lot less effective in Flier Emblem than might be expected, though some Spring Camillas do run it.

If you lack Spring Camilla, I would look into trying something else.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by MrSmokestack

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Minerva or Camilla can pack Iote's Shield to lure archers. (The ideal would be a tanky red unit with decent attack and give him bow-breaker, but a unit like that doesn't exist. This is to lure Merric cheaply, although Camilla tanks Merric easily with Iotes anyway, thanks to res.)

That said, flier emblem really wants S!Camilla, due to her access to either -Blade or TA-3 Raven. (TA 3 raven reduces archer damage below 100%, and -blade gives her ridiculous damage.)

Edit: Hector's pretty good, vantage and bonfire and he's good to go. If you're planning to give DC to someone else, don't use SI on him, otherwise you can use him since he's quite good.

Yeah, I don't plan on burning the DC, I like Hector a lot. I'm just saying is his IV's to detrimental to really waste my only Vantage unit I have to give him the SI (Lon'qu).

That's alright then, it didn't seem like it was very viable, I'll probably just level them then, just so I can do the 4x flying quests. 

What do I do with these units sitting at 700+ SP?

Serra - 1124 SP
Lachesis - 765 SP
Clarine - 1057 SP
(Have no idea what to do with healers)

4* Nino LV.38 - 725 SP
(Could think of a build in regards to her)

You can assume that I already learned their skillsets.

Edited by MasashiH

9 hours ago, Hawk King said:

His Atk already isn't very good. You should wait until you get another one. He is a fairly common unit.

Average, +Def/-Res. I don't have a vantage unit right now anyways (besides Anna lol) so I'll wait.

30 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

What are the recommended A+B skills for a Gronnblade Cecilia build?

Life and Death and Desperation, a Weaponbreaker, or a teleportation skill if you don't need to counter kill Reinhardt (i.e. if either someone else can do it or you can run up to him, fill him with swords, and Reposition her away).

Fury or Death Blow and a Weaponbreaker or a teleportation skill if you do need to counter kill Reinhardt.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Life and Death and Desperation, a Weaponbreaker, or a teleportation skill if you don't need to counter kill Reinhardt (i.e. if either someone else can do it or you can run up to him, fill him with swords, and Reposition her away).

Fury or Death Blow and a Weaponbreaker or a teleportation skill if you do need to counter kill Reinhardt.

How is Celica surviving Rein's initiation? Even with Distant Def Rein slaughters her. I'm a giant derper.

I saw L&D desperation and assumed Celica rather than Cecilia. (I guess I just assumed a 25 base speed unit isn't going to run desperation.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Ugh I've wasted about 100 orbs on this Female Mage pull thing trying to pull either Linde or Tharja 5 Star. I have a 4 Star Tharja, just didn't want to waste the feathers on her, so I  could use them on Nino instead and run them together. Not looking like it'll happen though. I'm thinking of running Moonbow, Life and Death, and Desperation on Tharja, anyone have an alternate opinion on what to run? She is a +Spd/-HP 

I don't really know where to put this but since it's a question, it makes sense to post here.

So has anyone already fed a Genny to another Healer for that Wrathful Staff? Was the damage different significant or not really?

I'm really curious to see how this skill opens up a good potential for healers. 

25 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

How is Celica surviving Rein's initiation? Even with Distant Def Rein slaughters her. I'm a giant derper.

I saw L&D desperation and assumed Celica rather than Cecilia. (I guess I just assumed a 25 base speed unit isn't going to run desperation.)

Blame names being too similar.

EDIT:

12 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

So has anyone already fed a Genny to another Healer for that Wrathful Staff? Was the damage different significant or not really?

I'm really curious to see how this skill opens up a good potential for healers. 

Neutral Elise has 51 Atk and 38 Spd with Assault, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, and a Hone Cavalry buff.

That's almost the same as neutral vanilla Linde (49 Atk and 39 Spd), but without weapon triangle advantage or disadvantage except against Litrraven mages.

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Blame names being too similar.

EDIT:

Neutral Elise has 51 Atk and 38 Spd with Assault, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff, and a Hone Cavalry buff.

That's almost the same as neutral vanilla Linde (49 Atk and 39 Spd), but without weapon triangle advantage or disadvantage except against Litrraven mages.

Sweeeet! Now I'm really itching to pull a Genny! 

With those stats, is she able to ORKO most units with low res, say, Ike?

2 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Sweeeet! Now I'm really itching to pull a Genny! 

With those stats, is she able to ORKO most units with low res, say, Ike?

Ike will kill her on the counterattack unless she has S HP +3 or a Fortify Cavalry or similar buff.

Offensively, though, that's 33×2 damage to neutral Ike, which will kill him. +Spd Ike has enough Spd to avoid being double attacked.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ike will kill her on the counterattack unless she has S HP +3 or a Fortify Cavalry or similar buff.

Offensively, though, that's 33×2 damage to neutral Ike, which will kill him. +Spd Ike has enough Spd to avoid being double attacked.

Ah gosh. I totally forgot about Ike's built-in Distant Counter.

Spoiler

IS, implement the Brave Staff plezzz!

Anyway, thank you for this valuable information. It might not seem like a huge game-breaking difference but at least it gives the healers flexibility in battles. 

I'm clearing out my female Corrins for skill inheritance fodder (Effie is calling for Draconic Aura), and I'm just wondering which Corrin F should I keep?

My current lv 40 one is +HP/-Res. The only other Corrin I may keep is +Def/-HP although she's Level 1 so I have to train her up again. 

Is the second one better (maybe add HP+3 sacred seal if using her)? Or is her Res low enough anyway that the extra HP kind of makes up for it for the lv 40 is better?

(The only other Corrin that may be okay (?) is a 3 star, -Res/+Def one)

Just now, Dayni said:

So, what are good options to pass Vantage 3 on to?

Anything with Distant Counter is a great candidate for recieving Vantage, as well as Quick Riposte. Ryoma and Hector in particular are popular options since they have high base Atk to OHKO frail ranged and melee threats before they can move.

Quick Riposte tends to be more useful for most DC units if you have to choose between it and Vantage, though; Hector is the exception since he rolls all three abilities into one.