"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Please keep in mind that those are simulations based on probability, not something that is actually guaranteed. The only way for any sort of "guarantee" for the game and the simulator to match each other either is to do a lot of summons, as large sample sizes are less impacted by RNG.

Yeah but I keep getting results that aren't necessarily good but rather I keep units I actually want & need. Doing the actual summon is completely different story.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yeah but I keep getting results that aren't necessarily good but rather I keep units I actually want & need. Doing the actual summon is completely different story.

A set of 5 summons is basically all noise and no signal. You're entirely at the mercy of random chance and a large amount of variance is expected.

You won't start seeing the patterns that are "expected" until you aggregate together the results of hundreds of summons.

27 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

How many summons have you done?

I spend on average $40.00+ a week and my 5* rate is pretty much in line with the percentages. I get about 1 5* every 10-20 summons pulls.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I spend on average $40.00+ a week and my 5* rate is pretty much in line with the percentages. I get about 1 5* every 10-20 summons pulls.

$40 a week? You could've bought a brand new game for that! Instead, you waste it on the chance of getting a character you want. I daresay spending that money on costumes would be better, as the costumes at least are guaranteed.

Spend the money as you want though, it's better than having loads of games you bought cheaply that you haven't played yet. That is my dilemma. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

$40 a week? You could've bought a brand new game for that!

People have to make games that I'm actually interested in for me to care to spend on them. That doesn't happen very often, so my money goes here instead.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

$40 a week? You could've bought a brand new game for that! Instead, you waste it on the chance of getting a character you want. I daresay spending that money on costumes would be better, as the costumes at least are guaranteed.

Spend the money as you want though, it's better than having loads of games you bought cheaply that you haven't played yet. That is my dilemma. 

There are not that many games that I badly want on the 3DS. I already got six main Pokemon games, three five (3 Awakening) Fire Emblem games, Fantasy Life, and Senran Kagura. I got some download only games from the eShop as well.

My Japanese 3DS got 3 Fire Emblem games and Fantasy Life as well as some download only games.

My funds for Heroes would have went elsewhere if I got better and more gaming machines. I have over a dozen wishlists on Amazon devoted to gaming.

Edited by XRay

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A set of 5 summons is basically all noise and no signal. You're entirely at the mercy of random chance and a large amount of variance is expected.

You won't start seeing the patterns that are "expected" until you aggregate together the results of hundreds of summons.

Yeah, but keep trying summon blue units & I still didn't get S-F-Corrin. Of course then there's the when RNG decides to screw me over & not giving me any blue orbs at all.:angry:

36 minutes ago, XRay said:

How many summons have you done?

Well I spend over 140 orbs two days ago, I don't exactly room for barracks anymore.

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yeah, but keep trying summon blue units & I still didn't get S-F-Corrin. Of course then there's the when RNG decides to screw me over & not giving me any blue orbs at all.:angry:

Well I spend over 140 orbs two days ago, I don't exactly room for barracks anymore.

140 orbs is 35 characters at most. You need way more than that to get your 5* rate in line with official 6-7% 5* official rate. I spent about $200.00+ dollars to snipe 6 copies of Delthea.

I did some pulls for summer Corrin and ended up with a 5* Olwen and a 4* Reinhardt, my question is which one should I invest in?  

11 hours ago, eclipse said:

Rule 1 of gacha gaming: Keep a spare copy of everything

I thought rule one was Never spend your money always re-roll

I must be mistaken!

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I did some pulls for summer Corrin and ended up with a 5* Olwen and a 4* Reinhardt, my question is which one should I invest in?  

What's their bane and boon?

Olwen with her absolute best set gets more wins than reinhardt with his absolute best set, but that depends on the bane and boon

The other thing is if you really want to spend the 20k to get reinhardt to 5 star when you already have a 5 star Olwen in the first place. 

The other other thing is whether or not you have the fodder to make each one of them OP, which is Life and Death 3 for Olwen or Death Blow 3 for Reinhark

11 hours ago, eclipse said:

Rule 1 of gacha gaming: Keep a spare copy of everything, especially things that you think aren't worth it.  I occasionally use F!Robin as Tomebreaker material, but one extra copy will forever stay in my barracks, ready to deploy should the need arise.

Rule 2: Keep a second copy of everything.  One to use, and one for back-up.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Rule 2a: Keep a second copy of everything.  One to use, and one for back-up.

Rule 2b: if you're a whale and you can afford it, keep a third copy just to be safe when you're sending units home for feathers because you have it like that

2 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Rule 2b: if you're a whale and you can afford it, keep a third copy just to be safe when you're sending units home for feathers because you have it like that

I only send home units when I'm at max barracks, and then only send home units with no SI value, like Oboro.

17 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Their best "standard" builds are the following:

Olwen [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Reposition/Ardent Sacrifice, Draconic Aura/Luna, Life and Death 3, Desperation)
Olwen [+Spd] (Blarblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura/Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Desperation)
Reinhardt [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3/Wings of Mercy 3)

If you have the nature and the skill fodder lying around for one of these, use whichever you have available to you.

If you don't, use Reinhardt. Because bleh Reinhardt > no Reinhardt.

13 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Olwen with her absolute best set gets more wins than reinhardt with his absolute best set, but that depends on the bane and boon

Reinhardt with his absolute best set is basically the best set in the game. Reinhardt has basically the same offensive stats as Spring Camilla, but is blue and has a horse. No one uses it because the standard set is good enough for all-purpose use (also, the AI knows how to use the standard set on an Arena defense team and has no idea how to use buffs to make the absolute best set work).

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I only send home units when I'm at max barracks, and then only send home units with no SI value, like Oboro.

So you just decided to throw some shade eh?

You feelin shady over there Rezzy? Bet it feels good too

Excuse me, I'm going to cry in my bathtub and eat ice cream until I fall asleep.... again

33 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I thought rule one was Never spend your money always re-roll

I must be mistaken!

What's their bane and boon?

The other thing is if you really want to spend the 20k to get reinhardt to 5 star when you already have a 5 star Olwen in the first place. 

The other other thing is whether or not you have the fodder to make each one of them OP, which is Life and Death 3 for Olwen or Death Blow 3 for Reinhark

Olwen is Atk+ Spd- and Reinhardt is Atk+ HP-.

3 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well Olwen's OP OP set Requires +Spd while Reinhardt likes +Atk

+Atk Reinhardt has 5 more attack than +Atk Olwen so that makes a hefty difference

Edit: @Ice Dragon Ice dragon Ninja: The One Word Post

Rated PG-13

Starts Friday 

Edited by Oboro!

3 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

-Spd really hurts Olwen, +Atk is Reinhardt's best boon.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

140 orbs is 35 characters at most. You need way more than that to get your 5* rate in line with official 6-7% 5* official rate. I spent about $200.00+ dollars to snipe 6 copies of Delthea.

Christ on a stick man!

You can't possibly think I would spend that much when I can just buy another game console for that much.

I have 4 separate 4* Ests. 

Does anyone really want anything she offers? Seals are niche...defiant even more so. I can not imagine giving anyone a heavy spear, even so far as unpromoted weapons go I'd probably stick with Silver, Killer or even Brave. There's Shove I guess?

I have 65k feathers so I'm not really struggling on that front. So if no one wants her stuff I was thinking of merging them together. For kicks more than anything. I've got a netural one, +def/-atk, +atk/-HP and +atk/-res. Best one to merge together?

1 hour ago, r_n said:

I have 4 separate 4* Ests. 

Does anyone really want anything she offers? Seals are niche...defiant even more so. I can not imagine giving anyone a heavy spear, even so far as unpromoted weapons go I'd probably stick with Silver, Killer or even Brave. There's Shove I guess?

I have 65k feathers so I'm not really struggling on that front. So if no one wants her stuff I was thinking of merging them together. For kicks more than anything. I've got a netural one, +def/-atk, +atk/-HP and +atk/-res. Best one to merge together?

I think merging them to reduce the cost of promoting to 5 star is the best use for them. Though don't ask me how the cost is reduced as I've never tried it.+Atk/-Res and +Atk/-Hp should be equally ideal. -Res if you're thinking of Brave Lance. -HP if you want her good Res stat for Iceberg. I hear people rock the brave lance build since her base Atk is a sky high 35, but Est's speed is 5 slower than Cordelia, and 2 slower than Hinoka who match that STR stat. And Est doesn't get a brave lance + for free. That said, you'd have to give her some weapon. A Heavy Spear just isn't acceptable.

Edited by Gustavos

8 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I think merging them to reduce the cost of promoting to 5 star is the best use for them. Though don't ask me how the cost is reduced as I've never tried it.

The cost reduction is equal to the number of feathers you would have gotten for sending them home.