"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What skills are good for Liliana?  Mines +hp/-spd.  

- I am not interested in a blade tome, any unit in the game can be a good blade user, that doesn't make Liliana the best unit to build as a blade user (she's pretty bad at it)

- I am not interested in giving her a series of skills that make her something she's not.  For example, some were suggesting using L&D and speed buffs to make her speed 39.  What they fail to realize, is that by doing this not only are you using an A slot to change who she is but you are also making her completely worthless if she doesn't have speed buffs.  Also mines -spd so it's not really an option anyways.

Is raven tome and vantage my best bet?  I should also mention I'm still going for a Leo which concerns me because both Liliana and Leo are very similar and I don't know how to give them distinct builds from one another.  We really need to see more specialty tomes, the only inheritable ones we have are raven, wolf (never used), blade, and basic damage... Like why the hell are Fenrir+ and Bolganone+ the same skill (except that Fenrir+ costs 100 less SP) 

7 hours ago, Oboro! said:

Well Olwen's OP OP set Requires +Spd while Reinhardt likes +Atk

+Atk Reinhardt has 5 more attack than +Atk Olwen so that makes a hefty difference

Edit: @Ice Dragon Ice dragon Ninja: The One Word Post

Rated PG-13

Starts Friday 

Olwen needs +Atk. Olwen is has enough Speed that adding more does barely anything.

Olwen -Res
Blárblade
Life and Death
Hone Cavalry
Player Phase [+Atk] 143:4:5
Player Phase [+Spd] 140:5:7
Player Phase [+Atk, Fortify Cavalry] 149:1:2
Player Phase [+Spd, Fortify Cavalry] 147:2:3

7 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Christ on a stick man!

You can't possibly think I would spend that much when I can just buy another game console for that much.

I know. If I could see the future and knew that I would spend this much money on this game, I would have avoided playing this game entirely and got a PSVita, PS3, PS4, and Wii U by now, and get rid of my wish lists on Amazon.

4 hours ago, r_n said:

I have 4 separate 4* Ests. 

Does anyone really want anything she offers? Seals are niche...defiant even more so. I can not imagine giving anyone a heavy spear, even so far as unpromoted weapons go I'd probably stick with Silver, Killer or even Brave. There's Shove I guess?

I have 65k feathers so I'm not really struggling on that front. So if no one wants her stuff I was thinking of merging them together. For kicks more than anything. I've got a netural one, +def/-atk, +atk/-HP and +atk/-res. Best one to merge together?

I pluck her pegasus bare and send them home.

[+Atk -Res] is her best nature if I recall correctly.

I would save the neutral one for GHB free unit videos.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

What skills are good for Liliana?  Mines +hp/-spd.  

- I am not interested in a blade tome, any unit in the game can be a good blade user, that doesn't make Liliana the best unit to build as a blade user (she's pretty bad at it)

- I am not interested in giving her a series of skills that make her something she's not.  For example, some were suggesting using L&D and speed buffs to make her speed 39.  What they fail to realize, is that by doing this not only are you using an A slot to change who she is but you are also making her completely worthless if she doesn't have speed buffs.  Also mines -spd so it's not really an option anyways.

Is raven tome and vantage my best bet?  I should also mention I'm still going for a Leo which concerns me because both Liliana and Leo are very similar and I don't know how to give them distinct builds from one another.  We really need to see more specialty tomes, the only inheritable ones we have are raven, wolf (never used), blade, and basic damage... Like why the hell are Fenrir+ and Bolganone+ the same skill (except that Fenrir+ costs 100 less SP) 

Barring Blades, Ravens are the next best option with increased coverage.

Lilina [+Spd, -Res] should run Life and Death. Lilina [-Spd] may be slow enough for Death Blow to kill more than Life and Death. I do not see how Life and Death "changes" a unit when that is the best skill they should be using unless they are slow enough to utilize Death Blow better. For example, for Julia, [+Spd -Res] is her best nature, not [+Atk,-Res].

If you want Lilina to function as a Player Phase unit, use a Breaker. If not, then Quick Riposte, but since that is off the table, Guard or Vantage are the next best Enemy Phase skills. I personally do not see the point in creating diverse builds if increasing diversity means making weaker units. You are forgetting Owl. The only inheritable specialty tome I want are Brave tomes. Last I checked, both Fenrir+ and Bolganone+ cost the same SP.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Like why the hell are Fenrir+ and Bolganone+ the same skill (except that Fenrir+ costs 100 less SP)

Raijinto, Siegfried, and Ragnell are also the same skill.

Both Fenrir+ and Bolganone+ are 300 SP (450 SP when taught).

Edited by Ice Dragon

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I know. If I could see the future and knew that I would spend this much money on this game, I would have avoided playing this game entirely and got a PSVita, PS3, PS4, and Wii U by now, and get rid of my wish lists on Amazon.

I hope you're not addicted to this game. Might want to try to restrain yourself somehow.

Question: What nature does Summer Tiki want and what are some good builds for her?

Her stats basically look like infantry Est, which means Brave Axe+ or her default Melon Crusher+. I can't really tell if she prefers +Atk or +Spd if I keep Melon Crusher, though. I'm also not sure if I should build her for player phase or enemy phase (or hybrid). Blarg.

My options for beneficial natures are [+Atk, -Res] and [+Spd, -any stat other than Res].

Also 4 copies of [+Res, -Def]. Wat.

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I hope you're not addicted to this game. Might want to try to restrain yourself somehow.

I tried restraining myself. I deeply regretted that I succeeded when I missed out on SF!Camilla. I could quit the game, but then all that money would definitely feel like a waste.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Question: What nature does Summer Tiki want and what are some good builds for her?

Her stats basically look like infantry Est, which means Brave Axe+ or her default Melon Crusher+. I can't really tell if she prefers +Atk or +Spd if I keep Melon Crusher, though. I'm also not sure if I should build her for player phase or enemy phase (or hybrid). Blarg.

My options for beneficial natures are [+Atk, -Res] and [+Spd, -any stat other than Res].

Also 4 copies of [+Res, -Def]. Wat.

The good builds are the common ones. Her best nature is [+Atk, -Res].

YS!A!Tiki +Atk -Res
Brave Axe, Luna
Life and Death, Axebreaker
Player Phase 114:23:15
Player Phase [Escutcheon] 111:15:26

If you want keep Melon Crusher, [+Spd, -Res] is better. Usually, +Spd is best for non-Brave Weapons.

YS!A!Tiki +Spd -Res
Melon Crusher, Moonbow
Life and Death, Axebreaker
Player Phase 106:7:39

I think Hector would appreciate her Axe more than she would appreciate Distant Counter.

YS!A!Tiki +Atk -Res
Melon Crusher, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 107:16:29
Enemy Phase [Merge +10] 102:13:37

Hector +Atk -Def
Melon Crusher, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 112:9:31
Enemy Phase [Merge +10] 104:9:39

Hector +Atk -Res
Armads, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Guard
Enemy Phase 112:11:29
Enemy Phase [Merge +10] 103:12:37
Enemy Phase [-Def, Merge +10] 104:12:36

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

I tried restraining myself. I deeply regretted that I succeeded when I missed out on SF!Camilla. I could quit the game, but then all that money would definitely feel like a waste.

As someone who has S-Camilla, she doesn't feel all that great.

Maybe you should trying whaling when it's a special season banner like the Bride Blessing & Spring Festival.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Maybe you should trying whaling when it's a special season banner like the Bride Blessing & Spring Festival.

Is she +Spd? Does she have Gronnblade+ with Hone Fliers support? My Spring Camilla is wonderful.

@XRay Ah, okay. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Is she +Spd? Does she have Gronnblade+ with Hone Fliers support? My Spring Camilla is wonderful.

@XRay Ah, okay. Thanks!

Yeah I don't exactly have a spare Hinoka & by that I mean I have no Hinoka whatsoever. Nor would even use sacrifice her for that.

I'm also not going to sacrifice any 5 star units unless I'm that desperate to make the ideal unit.

Both of my 2 S-Camilla both have -Res, but one has +Spd & the other +Def

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

I whaled on BB!Cordelia, I am whaling on NS!Corrin, and I will whale on SF!Camilla if she appears next year. The only thing I am missing out on is a decent flier team.

Edited by XRay

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

I whaled on BB!Cordelia, I am whaling on NS!Corrin, and I will whale on SF!Camilla if she appears next year. The only thing I am missing out on is a decent flier team.

Whelp, can't argue with that logic. You try using Michalis?

Spoiler

vT27lVt.png

Am I bigger? All growed up now?

(The serious question being, any suggestions for vague improvements? I'm planning on taking her to the Tempest for at least some of the time, so she'll be getting a dollop of spare SP).

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Whelp, can't argue with that logic. You try using Michalis?

Not really, I trained him up to 4* level 40, but that is about it. I have not touched my flier team ever since I missed out on SF!Camilla besides the monthly flier quest. I trained up Cordelia recently, but I am using her outside of my flier team, and she is the most complete out of everyone. All other my fliers are sitting at 4* level 40 unfinished, except Hinoka who is sitting at 5* level 1 since I got her recently. Once I get NS!Corrin+10, I may resume finishing my flier team.

27 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:
  Hide contents

vT27lVt.png

Am I bigger? All growed up now?

(The serious question being, any suggestions for vague improvements? I'm planning on taking her to the Tempest for at least some of the time, so she'll be getting a dollop of spare SP).

If she is going to get a massive chunk of SP, you should give her every skill that can be useful, if you have enough fodder permitting. I emphasized the most useful ones:

Weapon:
Flametongue, Dark Breath

Assist:
Reposition, Swap, Reciprocal Aid, Ardent Sacrifice, Rally Def/Res, Rally Atk/Spd (maybe from a future unit and not BB!Cordelia)

Special:
Luna, Sol, Noontime, Aether, Iceberg, Glacies, Galeforce

A passive:
Triangle Adept, Distant Counter, Life and Death

B passive:
Axebreaker, Lancebreaker, G Tomebreaker, Daggerbreaker, Bowbreaker, Desperation, Quick Riposte, Vantage, Cancel Affinity, Windsweep

C passive:
Fortify Dragons, Hone Attack, Hone Speed, Spur Attack, Spur Speed, Drive Attack, Drive Defense, Breath of Life, Savage Blow, Panic Ploy

I am at the stage now where I am considering giving BB!Cordelia every useless skill in the game to use up her 9,999 SP.

Edited by XRay

Just got Summer Corrin, +Spd/-Res.

What skills could she use? Thinking of Fury/L&D + Desperation. 37 natural speed + bonus from A skills should let her use Desperation very well. If she gets flier buffs, she'll be hitting really hard.

I'll probably also give her Blarblade.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Just got Summer Corrin, +Spd/-Res.

What skills could she use? Thinking of Fury/L&D + Desperation. 37 natural speed + bonus from A skills should let her use Desperation very well. If she gets flier buffs, she'll be hitting really hard.

I'll probably also give her Blarblade.

tbh at this point Olwen and Summer Corrin are the best candidate for Blarbade merely because they are neither infantry nor armor and their speed. 

5 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Yeah I don't exactly have a spare Hinoka & by that I mean I have no Hinoka whatsoever. Nor would even use sacrifice her for that.

I'm also not going to sacrifice any 5 star units unless I'm that desperate to make the ideal unit.

Both of my 2 S-Camilla both have -Res, but one has +Spd & the other +Def

You don't need to have a spare Hinoka to have Hone Fliers support. You just need a Hinoka.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Galeforce

Dragons cannot learn Galeforce. Which is why they all learn Aether for Arena scoring.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You don't need to have a spare Hinoka to have Hone Fliers support. You just need a Hinoka.

Dragons cannot learn Galeforce. Which is why they all learn Aether for Arena scoring.

Ah. Okay. I thought they were able to since they were melee.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Would this be a good set to run on a +Spd/-Atk Summer!Corrin?

Blarblade+, Reposition, Moonbow, Fury 3 (unsure if I want to invest in LaD 3), Desperation 3, Goad Fliers

Yes, assuming you don't have Life and Death 3 and Hone Fliers available (which are preferable over Fury 3 and Goad Fliers). -Atk is not an issue for any mage running Litrblade (as long as they don't suck like Henry or Odin).

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, assuming you don't have Life and Death 3 and Hone Fliers available (which are preferable over Fury 3 and Goad Fliers). -Atk is not an issue for any mage running Litrblade (as long as they don't suck like Henry or Odin).

I still have yet to get a single Hinoka, so Hone Fliers is off the table. Jaffar has likewise avoided me. I did get a second Minerva but since her boon/bane was mostly an improvement compared to my first (+HP/-Def to +Def/-Spd IIRC) I choose to merge the first into the second. The first one also already had inherited skills so I didn't want those to go to waste. Now I kinda wish I chose to hold on to the first, but what's done is done.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I still have yet to get a single Hinoka, so Hone Fliers is off the table. Jaffar has likewise avoided me. I did get a second Minerva but since her boon/bane was mostly an improvement compared to my first (+HP/-Def to +Def/-Spd IIRC) I choose to merge the first into the second. The first one also already had inherited skills so I didn't want those to go to waste. Now I kinda wish I chose to hold on to the first, but what's done is done.

Do you have a 4-star Hana to give Life and Death 2?