"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

22 minutes ago, KongDude said:

A good special for Mathilda Def+/Res-? Glowing Ember and Chilling wind are off the table. 41 Atk isn't good for a dragon special. Luna or moonbow seem the best but I want to know if there are better options.

If you are just slapping Skills onto her just to fill them out, I would go with Moonbow to squeeze out as much kills as possible from her first round of combat. If you are going to optimize her with a Brave Lance build, you can go with Luna or Escutcheon. Escutcheon significantly reduces her losses.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are just slapping Skills onto her just to fill them out, I would go with Moonbow to squeeze out as much kills as possible from her first round of combat. If you are going to optimize her with a Brave Lance build, you can go with Luna or Escutcheon. Escutcheon significantly reduces her losses.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Iceberg is out-damaging any other 3-charge special unless you're fighting opponents with 32 Def or more on a regular basis. Moonbow is fine if you find yourself missing one-round kills by single-digit values consistently.

Thanks for the advice. So it's between Escutcheon and Moonbow. I would've gone with Luna but I have no fodder. 29 Atk and a Brave doesn't sound that great, especially when I have other lancers who have higher Atk, so I'll stick to Ridersbane.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

Thanks for the advice. So it's between Escutcheon and Moonbow. I would've gone with Luna but I have no fodder. 29 Atk and a Brave doesn't sound that great, especially when I have other lancers who have higher Atk, so I'll stick to Ridersbane.

Properly optimized, Mathilda can achieve 100+ wins with 45 Attack. However, there is also no need to optimize her if you have better units to spend your resources on who can achieve 120+ wins with optimization.

Mathilda +Atk -Res
Brave Lance, Luna
Life and Death, Lancebreaker
Player Phase 116:18:18
Player Phase (Hone Cavalry) 132:17:3
Player Phase (Escutcheon, Hone Cavalry) 132:5:15
Player Phase (+Def) 98:14:40

Giving her a budget build will give her a budget performance. I do not think Escutcheon is necessary for a budget build since her Defense is not compromised by Life and Death.

Mathilda +Atk -Res
Ridersbane, Moonbow
Fury, Cancel Affinity
Player Phase 56:5:91
Player Phase (Hone Cavalry) 123:5:24
Player Phase (+Def) 51:1:100

I've got a Summer Corrin that I'm putting together for Flyer Emblem shenanigans.  I slapped Blarbalde on her.  She'll need a lot of SI, but I'm working with this...

Weapon: Blarbalde+

Assist: Not Sure, deciding between Draw Back and Reposition

Special: Moonbow

A: Fury (Probably, I have Swift Strike there for now, and LaD is too expensive)

B: Not sure, most open to suggestions here, maybe desperation

C: Fortify Flyers

@Ice Dragon @Oboro! @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos

Alright, so I have grown my team since last time I asked a question here. I only had one team before, now I have 2 with a 3rd in the making. I have been trying to do the chain challenges on Lunatic, and while I can make it quite far in almsot every single one, I eventually hit a dead end on the last map or two. So far the two teams I am using are

Team 1

Spoiler

Camus lvl 40 5 star

Gradivus

Draw Back

Growing Thunder

A - Grani's Shield

B - nothing at the moment

C - Spur Attack 2 (Goad Cavalry bought, not currently being used)

Linde

lvl 40 5 star

Aura

Ardent Sacrifice

Night Sky

Speed +3

Desperation 3

Fortify Res 3

Raven

lvl 40 5 star

Brave Axe+

Sol

Life and Death 1

Desperation 1

Threaten Def 3

HP+3

Tharja

lvl 40 5 star

Raudrblade+

Ardent Sacrifice

Vengeance

Darting Blow 3

Desperation 3

Spur Res 3

Team 2

Spoiler

Robin

Lvl 40 5 star

Blarraven+

Bonfire

Defiant Spd 3

R Tomebreaker 1

Spur Def 3

Lyn

lvl 40 5 star

Sol Katti

Draw Back

Astra

Defiant Atk 3

Spur spd 3

Klein

lvl 40 4 star

Brave Bow

Glacies

Death blow 3

Quick Riposte 2

Lachesis

lvl 40 5 star

Absorb

Physic

Solid Earth Balm

Spur Res 3

Those are the two teams I have so far. Raven has Life and Death 3 and Desperation 3, I just have to build up his SP to get it. What I am trying to figure out is how to make team 2 a little more of a power house. As of right now they arent all that powerful. My idea is using Reinhardt, but right now he is just a 4 star, so I am trying to build up feathers and badges to up him. I figure him replacing Robin could help out that group a lot. I also have a stray Berkut sitting around that I might throw use.

My biggest question is, what am I doing wrong? Obviously there is error on my part as to why I cant make it past Lunatic chain challenges, and there are quite a few other things I have problems with as well, like Tempest Trials. So what do I need to do in order to fix up my issues?

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've got a Summer Corrin that I'm putting together for Flyer Emblem shenanigans.  I slapped Blarbalde on her.  She'll need a lot of SI, but I'm working with this...

Reposition is fairly standard for flying teams because it's more versatile than Draw Back. I've found Draw Back only to be useful on infantry and cavalry, specifically on magic users on balanced teams (hyper offense prefers Reposition almost always).

Moonbow, Draconic Aura, or Aether for the special skill depending on how you intend to use her. I assume this is for Arena and you want an actually functional special skill, so Moonbow is your best choice.

Life and Death is obviously better than Fury, but if you don't have the resources for Life and Death or Swift Sparrow, Fury is still a good budget alternative.

Desperation is Corrin's best choice for the B slot, especially if you have Hone Fliers on someone.

Fortify Fliers is fine.

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reposition is fairly standard for flying teams because it's more versatile than Draw Back. I've found Draw Back only to be useful on infantry and cavalry, specifically on magic users on balanced teams (hyper offense prefers Reposition almost always).

Moonbow, Draconic Aura, or Aether for the special skill depending on how you intend to use her. I assume this is for Arena and you want an actually functional special skill, so Moonbow is your best choice.

Life and Death is obviously better than Fury, but if you don't have the resources for Life and Death or Swift Sparrow, Fury is still a good budget alternative.

Desperation is Corrin's best choice for the B slot, especially if you have Hone Fliers on someone.

Fortify Fliers is fine.

Thanks, I'm actually lucky enough to have an Hinoka so I can give her a true +6 everything Flyer Emblem buff.  Sadly this bumps Est out of my Flyer Emblem team, since I don't want to run 3 Blues.

The rest of my Team is

Summer Corrin

Spring Camilla

Hinoka

Palla (Only 4*, and really only there for Green coverage, but we don't really have many Red Flyer options)

I'm thinking about replacing Spring Camilla with Minerva since she's -Atk.

Edited by Rezzy

Ice Dragon is indecisive again and has exhausted his brain cells looking at all of the units he needs to give skills to for Arena Assault.

I have +10 Hinoka [+Atk, -Res] (Brave Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Hone Fliers) intended to be used on a flier team. I need a B slot skill. What do?

• Desperation lets her live forever.
  • Lancebreaker breaks opposing lance Lancebreakers.
  • Drag Back for positioning.
  • Wings of Mercy for teleportation.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ice Dragon is indecisive again and has exhausted his brain cells looking at all of the units he needs to give skills to for Arena Assault.

I have +10 Hinoka [+Atk, -Res] (Brave Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Hone Fliers) intended to be used on a flier team. I need a B slot skill. What do?

Teleporting sounds fun but I am not sure if it is practical. Why not just give Hinoka all those skills, and decide which to use later?

13 hours ago, eclipse said:

There's been very little discussion about Leon. . .but I'll assume that's because most people have another bonus unit.  Since I'm the oddball, I've decided to make do with him.

I think it's because Leon came after Bride!Cordelia and Summer!Gaius so people were all archered out.  I think he  looks pretty good, I like how he's different than most archers.

I'm just mad I'm going to have to train Berkut b/c I didn't pull any echoes characters.

edit:  What's a good alternative budget built for Berkut?  I'm aware of the two on gamepress, but looking for other ideas. I'm not going to do something crazy like DC or Death Blow either.  I think he has a lot of potential if IS releases a way for low-speed units to be good int he future.

Edited by Lushen

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Teleporting sounds fun but I am not sure if it is practical. Why not just give Hinoka all those skills, and decide which to use later?

Because I don't have that much fodder for several of those skills given the number of units I'm currently working on building (I only have 2 spare copies of Kain for Wings of Mercy 3, and Lancebreaker is 5-star exclusive because I'm not feeding anyone my Narcians).

EDIT: While I'm still being indecisive, is [+Atk, -HP], [+Spd, -Def], or [+Spd, -Res] best for Bride Cordelia with a Firesweep build (because I'm feeling lazy right now with my brain cells completely dead)?

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because I don't have that much fodder for several of those skills given the number of units I'm currently working on building (I only have 2 spare copies of Kain for Wings of Mercy 3, and Lancebreaker is 5-star exclusive because I'm not feeding anyone my Narcians).

Maybe go with Desperation then. Living forever is nice.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

The assist is reposition hands down HEH

B is desperation, also hands down

Special wise I always prefer 3 procs to Moonbow and I'm pretty sure Draconic Aura is the best 3 proc for her. I just find that the bigger wallop is more useful. I always get to fire off one in the arena with Nino, and it's been useful a few times as well

38 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, I'm actually lucky enough to have an Hinoka so I can give her a true +6 everything Flyer Emblem buff.  Sadly this bumps Est out of my Flyer Emblem team, since I don't want to run 3 Blues.

The rest of my Team is

Summer Corrin

Spring Camilla

Hinoka

Palla (Only 4*, and really only there for Green coverage, but we don't really have many Red Flyer options)

I'm thinking about replacing Spring Camilla with Minerva since she's -Atk.

You don't really need 2 mages, but usually a green mage is better than an axe *looks at Nino*

She is -Atk which hurts... is she +Spd though?

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

Special wise I always prefer 3 procs to Moonbow and I'm pretty sure Draconic Aura is the best 3 proc for her. I just find that the bigger wallop is more useful. I always get to fire off one in the arena with Nino, and it's been useful a few times as well

You don't really need 2 mages, but usually a green mage is better than an axe *looks at Nino*

Two ranged glass cannons is better than one in my opinion. The more ranged glass cannons, the better, especially if they release a red mage flier later. Flier emblem will reach its true potential then.

Just now, XRay said:

Two ranged glass cannons is better than one in my opinion. 

I think generally that makes sense but it depends on who the glass cannons is, and of course whether or not they are on a pegasus/Wyvern/Horse

You give anything some wings or a horse and it becomes a tank with that fortify fliers/cavs heh

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

The more ranged glass cannons, the better, especially if they release a red mage flier later. Flier emblem will reach its true potential then.

Everyone knows XRay:

Who run the world?

Spoiler

Tomes

I don't have S!Camilla but I'm still interested in the discussion. Who would be a better unit between her and S!Corrin who I plan to get?

Blue is a great color but Green Mages seem to be > Everything. If you had the both of them and only were to run one on a team who would be the preferred unit? You have Cordelia/Catria/Hinoka for Blues and Cherche/Minerva/Michalis for Greens so who would be getting swapped out for who?

That being said, I wonder if a Red Tome Flyer will completely invalidate Palla who at this point is the only real red option for a flyer.

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I don't have S!Camilla but I'm still interested in the discussion. Who would be a better unit between her and S!Corrin who I plan to get?

Blue is a great color but Green Mages seem to be > Everything. If you had the both of them and only were to run one on a team who would be the preferred unit? You have Cordelia/Catria/Hinoka for Blues and Cherche/Minerva/Michalis for Greens so who would be getting swapped out for who?

That being said, I wonder if a Red Tome Flyer will completely invalidate Palla who at this point is the only real red option for a flyer.

In terms of just color, with how pitifully weak most red units' Resistances are, I would say green is generally better over all. I do not see Sanaki or other tanky red mages very often, so green mages are not under much threat.

In terms of stats though, I prefer NS!Corrin's stat distribution to SF!Camilla's. Speed is everything to Blade mages.

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

It doesn't really matter, since both colors have a Brave unit. For example, Cherche and Spring Corrin would work as well as Cordelia and Spring Camilla. Michalis / Catria are solid defensive fliers too.

I want to say I prefer Spring Corrin though because her offensive bases edge out Spring Camilla by quite a bit, trading a few points of Atk for a substantial increase in Spd. Either one works though and it's best to run both if you have both anyway.

46 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Either DESPERATION or WoM.  I don't really like Drag Back.  I find it works against me more than anything else.

18 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Sadly Bunmilla's not +Spd, she's +HP, -Atk.

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Scorrin has a huge Speed advantage over Scamilla, which is pretty nice for blade builds.  I'd say she has the overall advantage there.

Hey guys,

Before the banner ended, I was able to get a Sonya (Wiki Page). Unfortunately, she is a -Atk / +Def roll. This is my 7th pull in a row that has been -Atk and I'm pretty saddened, but I want to try to make her work. I was thinking of going the classic:

Special: Moonbow / Iceberg

A: Fury 3

B: G Tomebreaker

C: Res Ploy 3

Any other suggestions? Or is she basically just dead in the water? I am not opposed to shipping out her weapon or skills to someone else either. 

Edited by Koos
Added wiki link.

32 minutes ago, Koos said:

Hey guys,

Before the banner ended, I was able to get a Sonya (Wiki Page). Unfortunately, she is a -Atk / +Def roll. This is my 7th pull in a row that has been -Atk and I'm pretty saddened, but I want to try to make her work. I was thinking of going the classic:

Special: Moonbow / Iceberg

A: Fury 3

B: G Tomebreaker

C: Res Ploy 3

Any other suggestions? Or is she basically just dead in the water? I am not opposed to shipping out her weapon or skills to someone else either. 

-Atk is not too bad as long as one of your seven is +Spd. -Atk can be easily fixed with a Blade.

Is Sonya your only glass cannon or do you have another? I prefer melee Breakers over Tomebreakers since mages are fairly weak defensively and you do not need a breaker to kill them usually. However, if you have trouble with green mages, then G Tomebreaker is good.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

-Atk is not too bad as long as one of your seven is +Spd. -Atk can be easily fixed with a Blade.

Is Sonya your only glass cannon or do you have another? I prefer melee Breakers over Tomebreakers since mages are fairly weak defensively and you do not need a breaker to kill them usually. However, if you have trouble with green mages, then G Tomebreaker is good.

Ah I have a good amount of units. My primary mages are a +1 +Atk Reinhardt (mostly use him in Horse Emblem) and a +1 +Res Linde. This is just because I want to make Linde work. :P 

I might consider that then. Might just give her Desperation in that case as well.

@Ice Dragon @XRay Thanks for the advice! I'm still not sure what I'm going to give him. Since I don't plan on using him in the Arena, I can probably stick with giving him the second level of a skill. I'm thinking I may go with swordbreaker or QR just to make him a little more useful overall. 

2 minutes ago, Koos said:

Ah I have a good amount of units. My primary mages are a +1 +Atk Reinhardt (mostly use him in Horse Emblem) and a +1 +Res Linde. This is just because I want to make Linde work. :P 

I might consider that then. Might just give her Desperation in that case as well.

Desperation is probably the best if her Speed is over 35. Axebreaker is not that helpful since most easily die to mages anyways. Lancebreaker is not necessary if your Reinhardt already has it.

Is +Atk,-Spd or -Def,+Res better for Julia?  Normally I try to stay away from -Spd, but she's so darned slow anyway that I think the extra Atk might be worth it.