"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

45 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm looking into promoting some units to 5* and 4* so that I might use them more: some of the 3* units are worth considering as well! I'm actually just going to round it down to more useful ones because I don't think people are going to care about promoting Maria for instance.

Hide contents

4* units:

Roy (+Spd/-Def, might be a neat choice), Lloyd (He is a fast sword, which I am lacking), Ursula (Mounted mage: No other words needed), Clarisse (Legit my best bow right now), Eliwood (+Spd Eliwood would be great with Desperation. Better if he was -Res though), Legion (Well, it does make sense), Cherche (Just add Brave Axe+, a good B and a Special), Zephiel (Because Draug's attack sucks and reducing attack helps the party and himself), F!Robin (She does have countercav as well), Fae (She's -Def sadly), Kagero (+Res/-HP, might be a good magic counter)

3* units:

Nino (+Spd/-HP: Would you know I still don't have a 4* one? Is it worth it now or wait for +Att that doesn't hurt speed), Frederick (Luna Bait), Lissa (Rehabilitate bait for Clarine), Narcian (It's Narcian is legit the only reason, I have Michalis, Cherche and Camilla at higher rarites and both have +Att), Subaki (+Spd/-HP, because tanky flier), Palla (Because my Caeda is -Spd, Neutral), Catria (Because my Est sucks, Neutral)

As @phineas81707 has said, -Def is fine for Fae if she has +Atk/Spd; Nino needs +Spd, not +Atk. All GHB units you mentioned are fine.

Narcian, Palla, and Catria are fine for the monthly flier quest. Subaki needs +Atk.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

As for Fae, unfortunately Fae is the only good dragon I have right now. I burnt my F!Corrins a while ago (The events are too stupid to repeat) and A!Tiki is the only other one I pulled.

I'm in the exact same boat, I believe (except my Fae is -HP). If you're willing to burn that A Tiki (if you still have it), Fae is a good answer to Reinhardt. A lot of other things, too, but Reinhardt is the big, scary one.

And mine doesn't even have Lightning Breath+ yet. (4000 feathers to go, so next week).

EDIT @XRay I believe I said that. Dayni is the one asking the question.

Edited by phineas81707

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm in the exact same boat, I believe (except my Fae is -HP). If you're willing to burn that A Tiki (if you still have it), Fae is a good answer to Reinhardt. A lot of other things, too, but Reinhardt is the big, scary one.

And mine doesn't even have Lightning Breath+ yet. (4000 feathers to go, so next week).

EDIT @XRay I believe I said that. Dayni is the one asking the question.

Ah. I must be smoking pot. I will fix that.

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

Is it Lissa (li-SUH) or Lissa (lee-SUH)?

li-SUH

@XRay: Shame about Subaki then. I do have some decent fliers (and a -Att Hinoka), it's mostly Palla that would be relevant.

@phineas81707: she has Lightning Breath (not +) right now, not paid for yet though.

Edited by Dayni

Just now, Oboro! said:

.... are you?

Another pronunciation question. Is it Lissa (li-SUH) or Lissa (lee-SUH)?

No. I wish. Maybe I should have visited California or Canada and smoke with my friends and family.

I think it is pronounced LISSuh according to the American version of Awakening.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Liz".

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think it is pronounced LISSuh according to the American version of Awakening.

This what I get for not playing Awakening I guess huh? lol

1 minute ago, XRay said:

No. I wish. Maybe I should have visited California or Canada and smoke with my friends and family.

Are you being serious? 

Ya know what, don't answer that. I don't want the thread to get derailed XD 

2 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

This is the question thread, not the Forest Outskirts of the General one.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

@phineas81707: she has Lightning Breath (not +) right now, not paid for yet though.

Fae or Tiki?

Found the pronunciation for Lissa! Go to 5:25 on Phoenixmaster's video.

6 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

This what I get for not playing Awakening I guess huh? lol

Are you being serious? 

It is a fun game. It replaced Sacred Stones as my favorite Fire Emblem game.

Okay, I will not answer.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Another pronunciation question. Is it Lissa (li-SUH) or Lissa (lee-SUH)?

I’m pretty sure the first syllable is stressed and not the second one.

5 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Fae or Tiki?

Fae has the first Lightning Breath to learn, and the spare A!Tiki is 4*.

If I was more awash with feathers, this'd be a good call. But Tiki also has Bonfire, and there are some units who might want it while Fae's -Def. My current plan for Fae is giving Glacies, but I could probably change that. (Fae's +Att, should have mentioned)

Edited by Dayni

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Fae has the first Lightning Breath to learn, and the spare A!Tiki is 4*.

If I was more awash with feathers, this'd be a good call. But Tiki also has Bonfire, and there are some units who might want it while Fae's -Def. My current plan for Fae is giving Glacies, but I could probably change that.

That's perfectly fine. Here's something to consider, though: Nowi's Rally Def and Threaten Res aren't as good as Bonfire. If you ever get lucky enough, there is a less destructive back up plan.

But that's for the future.

Here's a question:

Is a +Res/-Def Sheena viable, or could I make her viable? I've already given her Iceberg to take advantage of her high Resistance stat, but I don't know if she'd be workable or if that was a very good idea. Her Defense looks like it's still gonna be a pretty respectable 33 at the end of the day, but that's still 6 less than it could potentially be and 3 less than even what it is by default.

And for another, broader question; are mixed Cavalry+Non-Cavalry teams even a thing that would be good at all? I have some potentially-pretty-good horseback units (Reinhardt, Ursula, Camus, Xander, Cain, etc.) but I also have a lot of infantry units I like, too, and limited hero feathers... well, compared to the 20,000-feather cost of raising someone up to 5★, anyway.

I'm tossing up two of the 4* units to promote right now, and I've rounded it down to:

Eliwood (+Spd/-Def)
Cherche (+Att/-HP)
Legion
Lloyd
Ursula

Ursula and Eliwood (would be good for cavalry teams, but they'd be competing with Camus and Xander), Legion (A Panic attacker? Who is all about getting low HP? Why not?), Lloyd (Fir, only he has attack? Maybe I'm wrong) and Cherche (who would nice to promote, but I want to see if I get -Res instead as well)

1 hour ago, Topaz Light said:

Here's a question:

Is a +Res/-Def Sheena viable, or could I make her viable? I've already given her Iceberg to take advantage of her high Resistance stat, but I don't know if she'd be workable or if that was a very good idea. Her Defense looks like it's still gonna be a pretty respectable 33 at the end of the day, but that's still 6 less than it could potentially be and 3 less than even what it is by default.

And for another, broader question; are mixed Cavalry+Non-Cavalry teams even a thing that would be good at all? I have some potentially-pretty-good horseback units (Reinhardt, Ursula, Camus, Xander, Cain, etc.) but I also have a lot of infantry units I like, too, and limited hero feathers... well, compared to the 20,000-feather cost of raising someone up to 5★, anyway.

I'm not sure about the first question.

About the second one, mixed teams are perfectly viable. Your horseback units won't get to enjoy all possible buffs, but some like Reinhardt or Xander can still function perfectly well without it. My current arena team consists of Ryoma (infantry), Reinhardt (cavalry), Hector (armour) and a bonus unit, and it does just fine. A full cavalry team might be better, but a lot of them can be used outside horse emblem just fine.

I just remembered I need to stick Moonbow onto Fae now that I have the SP on her to take it and Lightning Breath+. I have a 4* Odin and some 3* Pallas- should I use the Odin or one of the Pallas to grant the skill to her?

27 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I just remembered I need to stick Moonbow onto Fae now that I have the SP on her to take it and Lightning Breath+. I have a 4* Odin and some 3* Pallas- should I use the Odin or one of the Pallas to grant the skill to her?

I'd say Palla because she also gives Wings of Mercy which may be handy in situations like GHBs (Berkut's GHB is one good example)

I'd say reserve Odin for blue mages so he can also pass Blarblade

I have a question- I have 2 Felicias at 4 star and I need to get rid of 1 for barracks space. Both are -Res, but one is +Spd while the other is +Def. Which one should I keep?

+Spd scores slightly more kills on Player Phase but strangely enough, +Def Felicia is better when baiting- she doesn't get as much kills but survives more. Is Felicia more of a baiting unit or player phase one? 

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

I have a question- I have 2 Felicias at 4 star and I need to get rid of 1 for barracks space. Both are -Res, but one is +Spd while the other is +Def. Which one should I keep?

+Spd scores slightly more kills on Player Phase but strangely enough, +Def Felicia is better when baiting- she doesn't get as much kills but survives more. Is Felicia more of a baiting unit or player phase one? 

I feel Felicia should only be used to bait mages anyway, so +Spd would be a lot better then +Def. -Res hurts her in that regard though, so I'm not to sure.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

I'd personally go with Palla, but it depends. If you already gave Blarblade to a Linde and a Ursula, you might as well use Odin for Moonbow now.

Palla's Goad Flyers could be helpful for a budget flyer team (for tower quests or something), and WoM can be a good skill to give to units as well (dancers or Hectors/Reinhardts for defence teams for example), while Red tomebreaker is really only useful for special maps where you're really struggling with a certain unit.

I guess it kind of depends on your supply of the two and future plans.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

I'd personally go with Palla, but it depends. If you already gave Blarblade to a Linde and a Ursula, you might as well use Odin for Moonbow now.

Palla's Goad Flyers could be helpful for a budget flyer team (for tower quests or something), and WoM can be a good skill to give to units as well (dancers or Hectors/Reinhardts for defence teams for example), while Red tomebreaker is really only useful for special maps where you're really struggling with a certain unit.

I guess it kind of depends on your supply of the two and future plans.

I do intend to make Flier Emblem work someday, especially considering my favourite class is in there. Wings of Mercy, too, sounds nice.

Hm... I might go with Odin. Linde has Blarblade, and I don't see myself using Cavalry Blarblade. One is enough unless I have a specific team ready. Pity Fae's green and can't inherit Red Tomebreaker 1...

3 hours ago, Topaz Light said:

Here's a question:

That Sheena is okay. You want +Atk for Enemy Phase builds and not +Def/Res, but as long as it is not -Atk, it should be workable.

Mixed teams are good. If bonus units are not a factor, my Arena team would be Reinhardt, Xander, Dancer/Singer, and B!Cordelia. I replace Xander with a bonus unit since he does not really do much for me, and Olivia can take over his role of killing Hector.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm tossing up two of the 4* units to promote right now, and I've rounded it down to:

Eliwood (+Spd/-Def)
Cherche (+Att/-HP)
Legion
Lloyd
Ursula

Ursula and Eliwood (would be good for cavalry teams, but they'd be competing with Camus and Xander), Legion (A Panic attacker? Who is all about getting low HP? Why not?), Lloyd (Fir, only he has attack? Maybe I'm wrong) and Cherche (who would nice to promote, but I want to see if I get -Res instead as well)

Ursula should be promoted. Ranged units should have priority over melee units unless you already have a lot of ranged units of that color and movement class. Unless you already have multiple Reinhardts and Olwen, Ursula is a solid choice.

If you have not promoted Xander yet, he should be your next priority after Ursula.

I would not use Eliwood.

Cherche is fine, but if you are willing to wait a bit more, you can aim for one that is [+Atk, -Res].

Legion is good, but I would replace his axe with Brave Axe. Making him a debuffer is a waste of his potential in my opinion.

Lloyd is good if you do not have a strong sword unit yet like Lucina or "Marth" Lucina. If you have either of them, I would skip Lloyd unless you need another sword unit for Squad Assault or something.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Palla. I usually try to keep my Pallas and Odins in equal numbers, and similarly for Catria and Frederick with Luna.

37 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I feel Felicia should only be used to bait mages anyway, so +Spd would be a lot better then +Def. -Res hurts her in that regard though, so I'm not to sure.

Well i gave her Defiant Res from my many Ests to at least patch it up somewhat. Bit of a band aid solution if she's going to get more damage from tomes.

the other option is to just use the 3 star neutral Felicia i guess? Although that requires feathers that i'll need for something else for now