"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

37 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So, I'm looking for a bit of insight concerning a 4* Cordelia I just got. Does it hurt her that much to be -Spd when she is +Atk at the same time? I'm still almost certainly going to make her my next promotion anyways because she's one of my absolute favorites but this is just something I was wondering about.

She is basically Hinoka. She will be fine, but it is not ideal.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Base stat total. Add all stats before modifications by weapons and skills and you have it.

Got it thx for the answer.

Totally don't feel stupid for not knowing that.

11 hours ago, SakuraFish said:

So since I'm quite bad at math for things beyond simple calcs, could someone more skilled in it please tell me the chance of getting any 5* out of Blue and Red orbs from the Alm's-Army-Banner if my pity rate is at 4.50%?
I'm strongly considering hunt-summoning to improve my chances that the rate doesn't get wasted, but I'd like to know how high they are first.

Lets see, I think deciding your pulls worked like this:

To give you five summoning stones, the game decides which characters you can pull in that session and then hides them under the right color.

This would mean we can calculate it as follows:

Spoiler

Chance to get a 5* focus red unit = (chance to get a focus unit)*(chance a focus unit is red)= 0.045*0.25 = 0.01125

Chance to get a 5* non-focus red unit = (chance to get a non-focus 5* unit)*(chance that unit is red)= 0.045*(red 5* units/all 5* units) = 0.045*(25/70) = 0.016

Chance to get a 4* red unit = (chance to get a 4* unit)*(chance a 4* unit is red) = 0.345*(26/89)=0.101

Chance to get a 3* red unit = (chance to get 3 4* unit)*(chance a 3* unit is red) = 0.565*(15/49)=0.173

Adding all of these gives us about a 0.301 chance to summon a red unit (so 30.1 %). the chance of a 5* is (0.01125+0.016)/0.301 = 0.0905, so you'd have a 9.05% chance of a 5* per red orb.

Similar for blue:

Chance to get a 5* focus blue unit = (chance to get a focus unit)*(chance a focus unit is blue)= 0.045*0.25 = 0.01125

Chance to get a 5* non-focus blue unit = (chance to get a non-focus 5* unit)*(chance that unit is blue)= 0.045*(blue 5* units/all 5* units) = 0.045*(17/70) = 0.0109

Chance to get a 4* blue unit = (chance to get a 4* unit)*(chance a 4* unit is blue) = 0.345*(22/89)=0.085

Chance to get a 3* blue unit = (chance to get 3 4* unit)*(chance a 3* unit is blue) = 0.565*(12/49)=0.138

So there's about a 24.5% chance to see a blue orb and about a 2.2% chance of seeing a blue 5* unit, which gives you a 9.04% chance that a blue orb contains a 5*

Conclusion: there's about a 9% chance of getting a 5* for both red and blue orbs.

I'm not entirely sure my data on the number of units in a certain rarity is up to date, and it's been a while since I last calculated something like this, so if someone wants the fact-check me, it'd be much appreciated. It shouldn't result in a huge difference though.

10 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Lets see, I think deciding your pulls worked like this:

To give you five summoning stones, the game decides which characters you can pull in that session and then hides them under the right color.

This would mean we can calculate it as follows:

Reveal hidden contents

Chance to get a 5* focus red unit = (chance to get a focus unit)*(chance a focus unit is red)= 0.045*0.25 = 0.01125

Chance to get a 5* non-focus red unit = (chance to get a non-focus 5* unit)*(chance that unit is red)= 0.045*(red 5* units/all 5* units) = 0.045*(25/70) = 0.016

Chance to get a 4* red unit = (chance to get a 4* unit)*(chance a 4* unit is red) = 0.345*(26/89)=0.101

Chance to get a 3* red unit = (chance to get 3 4* unit)*(chance a 3* unit is red) = 0.565*(15/49)=0.173

Adding all of these gives us about a 0.301 chance to summon a red unit (so 30.1 %). the chance of a 5* is (0.01125+0.016)/0.301 = 0.0905, so you'd have a 9.05% chance of a 5* per red orb.

Similar for blue:

Chance to get a 5* focus blue unit = (chance to get a focus unit)*(chance a focus unit is blue)= 0.045*0.25 = 0.01125

Chance to get a 5* non-focus blue unit = (chance to get a non-focus 5* unit)*(chance that unit is blue)= 0.045*(blue 5* units/all 5* units) = 0.045*(17/70) = 0.0109

Chance to get a 4* blue unit = (chance to get a 4* unit)*(chance a 4* unit is blue) = 0.345*(22/89)=0.085

Chance to get a 3* blue unit = (chance to get 3 4* unit)*(chance a 3* unit is blue) = 0.565*(12/49)=0.138

So there's about a 24.5% chance to see a blue orb and about a 2.2% chance of seeing a blue 5* unit, which gives you a 9.04% chance that a blue orb contains a 5*

Conclusion: there's about a 9% chance of getting a 5* for both red and blue orbs.

I'm not entirely sure my data on the number of units in a certain rarity is up to date, and it's been a while since I last calculated something like this, so if someone wants the fact-check me, it'd be much appreciated. It shouldn't result in a huge difference though.

Ah thank you very much for the detailed calculation, I'll try to learn how to calculate the chances myself the next time based on this. 9% for each red and blue orb sounds very promising, so I'm going to abandon my habit of full summons for once. Now I only have to wait to get some more Orbs before I start hunting.

are rallies worth more points in Arena than things like Harsh Command or movement assists? and if so are certain rallies worth more? also is special skill worth based on just cost or tiers (why Galeforce and Aether get more points)? what about A, B, and C skills, is it based on SP cost?

25 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

are rallies worth more points in Arena than things like Harsh Command or movement assists? and if so are certain rallies worth more? also is special skill worth based on just cost or tiers (why Galeforce and Aether get more points)? what about A, B, and C skills, is it based on SP cost?

>Only Rally Def / Res and Rally Atk / Spd give more points compared to other assists because of their SP cost. Base Rallies cost the same as any other assist and thus give the same amount of points.

>Special skills are also based on SP cost; therefore, Galeforce and Aether give the most arena points at 750 SP.

>Same applies to passive abilities. Quick Riposte 3 gives more points than say, Spur Atk 3.

I would like a second opinion on this set:

+Atk/HP- S!Robin w/ Dept Harpoon+

Darting Blow 3/Desperation 3/Threaten Defense 3

Luna as the assist skill and keeping her default Reposition. 

Against all non green units: she gets 114 wins, 0 losts, and 8 draws after a Threaten Defense 3 debuff

Edited by tobuShogi

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

Against all non green units: she gets 114 wins, 0 losts, and 8 draws after a Threaten Defense 3 debuff

I would replace Desperation with a Breaker. 34 Speed is not enough in my opinion. 35 is the minimum I would consider putting on Desperation but only if it gives a higher kill count compared to a Breaker, and 37+ is where I consider it as viable as a Breaker.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would replace Desperation with a Breaker. 34 Speed is not enough in my opinion. 35 is the minimum I would consider putting on Desperation but only if it gives a higher kill count compared to a Breaker, and 37+ is where I consider it as viable as a Breaker.

Thanks. Ran it through the calculator again and it seems like Desperation only gives one more win. She does hit 40 speed with Darting Blow 3 but comparing the two, Lancebreaker 2 gives me 5 more wins when @75% HP or lower while Desperation @ 100% HP only nabs one more win so Lancebreaker looks like a better investment. If I go with Swordbreaker 3, then it brings the win count to 117 where one such win is Xander.

Thinking of building a team with

S! Robin

+Spd/-Def Katarina w/ Blade tome

+Spd/-Def Nino

Eirika

Haven't given the blade tome to Katarina yet and I don't have a Nino with that bane/boon either but hopefully she'll come eventually. Current Nino has Green Tombreaker and Katarina has Red Tomebreaker. I feel like I'll have a hard time with fast sword units so I'm leaning towards Swordbreaker on Robin. Also leaning towards Fortify Resistance over Threaten Defense for Robin so Katarina can use her Attack Ploy better in addition to buffing the blade tomes. 

What's a good nature combo for Eirika? 35 Speed is pretty good but 38 speed is safer. While her damage output might be low, I don't use her to hit things anyway. 

Edited by tobuShogi

32 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Haven't given the blade tome to Katarina yet and I don't have a Nino with that bane/boon either but hopefully she'll come eventually. Current Nino has Green Tombreaker and Katarina has Red Tomebreaker. I feel like I'll have a hard time with fast sword units so I'm leaning towards Swordbreaker on Robin. Also leaning towards Fortify Resistance over Threaten Defense for Robin so Katarina can use her Attack Ploy better in addition to buffing the blade tomes. 

What's a good nature combo for Eirika? 35 Speed is pretty good but 38 speed is safer. While her damage output might be low, I don't use her to hit things anyway. 

If you're going to run Eirika on your team, you're probably not going to need Summer Robin as another supporting unit. A simple set of Sieglinde / Hone Spd / Rally Def / Fortify Res 1 gives a free +16 Atk to both. In that case, Robin can focus on being a bulky lancer with a solid offensive prescence.

At any rate, Atk Ploy is a bit mediocre on Katarina so I'd suggest running another C to support Nino instead.

Swordbreaker is a good start for Robin, but beware enemy Ephraims with Lancebreaker.

Katarina and Nino are stupidly fast already so they won't get much use out of G / R Tomebreaker unless you're looking to win the mirror match or to soft check enemy Julias, Cecilias, Tharjas, and Celicas. Enemy red mages in general are rare though, and LaD / Fury + Desperation is going to be more relevant most of the time.

If you have an Eirika with +Spd, use it. She won't see very much combat anyway, and as a supporting unit her survivability is more important. You could even consider Swordbreaker to give her even footing against enemy Swords.

3 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Yo any chance we can get another +1 Spd-like Seal?

Just wait for Squad Ace C to come out.

36 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

If you're going to run Eirika on your team, you're probably not going to need Summer Robin as another supporting unit. A simple set of Sieglinde / Hone Spd / Rally Def / Fortify Res 1 gives a free +16 Atk to both. In that case, Robin can focus on being a bulky lancer with a solid offensive prescence.

At any rate, Atk Ploy is a bit mediocre on Katarina so I'd suggest running another C to support Nino instead.

Swordbreaker is a good start for Robin, but beware enemy Ephraims with Lancebreaker.

Katarina and Nino are stupidly fast already so they won't get much use out of G / R Tomebreaker unless you're looking to win the mirror match or to soft check enemy Julias, Cecilias, Tharjas, and Celicas. Enemy red mages in general are rare though, and LaD / Fury + Desperation is going to be more relevant most of the time.

If you have an Eirika with +Spd, use it. She won't see very much combat anyway, and as a supporting unit her survivability is more important. You could even consider Swordbreaker to give her even footing against enemy Swords.

Hm... You've given me more things to think about. I don't have Fortify Res 1 so that's why I was thinking about putting Fortify Res 3 on Robin as it's the last stat to buff. Plus, it's also slightly easier to get than Threaten Defense.

As for Ephraim, I usually don't see him but that can change very soon. I'll keep that in mind. 

The mages have those Tomebreaker because of Tempest Trials so that's temporary. I prefer Darting Blow to go with Desperation over Life and Death since I prefer bulk(but not losing health of for said bulk). That might change once I get higher up in the arena though. I also don't want to train Hana just for L & D fodder so that's a thing XD 

As for Eirika, mine is +HP/-Def but she's been putting in work for me so I'm not complaining too much. She's also kind of a rare pull for me so I might just give her Speed+  as her A slot if I pull like a +Atk one. Man, Abel is gonna hate me for this if I have to give his Swordbreaker away again XD    

So I was hoping for some quick advice, I'm approaching 20K feathers again and I'm trying to figure out who I want to 5*. I've got about 22, and I am severely lacking green 5* units, the only ones I have are Julia and Anna. I'm considering upgrading a green unit to help balance out my roster but I'm also considering just upgrading a couple units that would have great utility for me.

The green units I'm considering are: Nino (+HP/-ATK), Michalis, and F!Robin (To be honest, I don't have very good green units.)

The other units I'm considering are: Olivia (-SPD/+DEF) [I want her to be better for the next TT], Kagero (+HP/-SPD or +ATK/-SPD), and Selena (SI for Triangle Adept 3.)

So I guess I'll get some outside opinion now as far as what I should do once I hit 20K again, I think I know what I'll do, but I want to be sure, I dunno, maybe I should just wait until I have something I absolutely must 5*.

Also here are my 5*s for those who are curious or if it helps in forming an opinion.

Spoiler

5973844a714e1_All5StarUnits.thumb.png.09f3682479a6ccf43dfe7ff77f0d4190.png

Edited by BrokenGrace
Typo Fixes/Clarification

7 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Hm... You've given me more things to think about. I don't have Fortify Res 1 so that's why I was thinking about putting Fortify Res 3 on Robin as it's the last stat to buff. Plus, it's also slightly easier to get than Threaten Defense.

I prefer Darting Blow to go with Desperation over Life and Death since I prefer bulk(but not losing health of for said bulk). That might change once I get higher up in the arena though. I also don't want to train Hana just for L & D fodder so that's a thing XD 

As for Eirika, mine is +HP/-Def but she's been putting in work for me so I'm not complaining too much. She's also kind of a rare pull for me so I might just give her Speed+  as her A slot if I pull like a +Atk one. Man, Abel is gonna hate me for this if I have to give his Swordbreaker away again XD    

I see, I see. While Robin could benefit from Nino's innate Hone Atk I think it'd be better if she can function separately from the rest of the team if she needs to bait out or separate enemy units on the other team. She's the most self-sufficient out of everybody else on the team but of course she suffers from a lack of range, and ideally Nino and Katarina will do most of the work. Fortify Res could work in that case.

I only have one unit with LaD inherited, and it's not Nino.

Don't underestimate Fury. It gives Nino extra bulk along with Rally Def to live getting oneshot by Hector, which is basically gg since she'll have Desperation active for the rest of the round. Even if Nino never gets hit during a match, Fury automatically procs Desperation after just two rounds of combat. It's a fantastic skill and the HP loss is easier to work around than you might think. Darting Blow isn't bad, but it lacks the sheer utility of Fury and the raw results of LaD. The best part is not needing to run Ardent Sacrifice so you can run an assist skill that is actually useful more than once in a match.

Triangle Adept or even Fury would do better for Eirika than Spd +3; one compensates for her lower Atk and the other gives her extra bulk.

@BrokenGrace As a general rule, do not promote any characters that can be obtained at 3* to 5* unless they have a really good nature. You will eventually get something good, so I think it is worth the wait and it does not hurt to save your Feathers for a while. The game gives out over a hundred Orbs each month, and as long as you do not snipe, you should have a decent fraction of units with perfect or near-perfect nature and lots of skill fodder to work with.

I would not promote that Nino. I would only promote her if she has a +Spd nature. Some people keep their Nino at 4*+10 rather than making her 5*, since 4*+10 is about the same as 5*+5.

Michalis is okay to promote since many people like him, but I personally did not promote mine since I find melee units to be outclassed by ranged units in general.

F!Robin is okay too, as she can work more independently as a Raven user than Cecilia. However, with cavalry buffs, Cecilia is much better. Cecilia also has more mobility.

Olivia should not be promoted unless you are a whale. Her primary job is to Dance, so her stats do not matter too much. Like Nino, Olivia 4*+10 is about the same as 5*+5.

I got a lot of Kageros, so I would not promote her until I get a perfect one. Depending on how easy it is for you get her, you may want to wait until you a get a really good one. If you have difficulty summoning her, you could promote the [+Atk, -Spd] if you really want her at 5*.

I would not promote Selena for Triangle Adept 3. Roy can pass that down at 4*. Roy is a bit more rare, but I think it is worth the wait.

7 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I would personally drop Threaten Def for a different skill unless you find yourself actually being able to hit enemies consistently with it.

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Just wait for Squad Ace C to come out.

@Soul~!

The skill in Japanese (minus the level indicator at the end) is 第1迷官の覇者, which I believe translates as "Champion of the 1st Labyrinth".

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why is the Skill called New Moon if it shows a graphic of a Crescent Moon when it triggers?

Because the translators didn't take the animation into account when translating. Translators typically only know as much as the developers tell them about each text string they need to translate.