"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

32 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

which CC double chapter set should I choose to grind armored units? 

I think any of the earlier chapters is fine for ease. For Hector specifically, I was using Chapters 7 & 8, which I accidentally completed.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Oboro!

Tiki +Atk -Spd
Lightning Breath, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 100:24:28
Enemy Phase (Merge +10) 100:19:33

Tiki +Spd -Res
Flametongue, Moonbow
Life and Death, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 75:9:68
Player Phase (Merge +10) 67:8:77

— — — — — — —

Tiki +Res -Spd
Lightning Breath, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte
Speed +1 Sacred Seal
Hone Dragon, Fortify Dragon
Merge +10 (Does not work at Merge +8 or lower.)

Julia [+Spd, -HP, Naga, Moonbow (0 Cooldown), Life and Death, Desperation (28/38 HP), Merge +10] > Tiki
Tiki wins with 1/44 HP

Julia [+Atk, -HP, Naga, Moonbow (0 Cooldown), Life and Death, Desperation (28/38 HP), Merge +10] > Tiki
Tiki wins with 15/44 HP

Tiki dies to Julia without Speed +6 from Hone Dragon. You can give Tiki G Tomebreaker, but that cripples her offensive power just to deal with one of her counters.

— — — — — — —

Tiki cannot win against Kagero [+Atk, -Def, Poison Dagger, Moonbow (0 Cooldown), Life and Death, Desperation (25/35 HP), Merge +10] without Daggerbreaker.

Edited by XRay

So as I've received my seventh Summer Frederick...I am not going to 5* regular Gaius at this time.  So now I have a poison dagger and a Mathew.  Would it be better to give Summer Frederick a Rouge Dagger+ or a Poison Dagger+?  I can also give him Rouge Dagger+ and Poison Strike 3 at the same time if that would be beneficial, but I think his seal is better <edit: actually Poison Strike 3 would be better because Rouge Dagger+ would not stack with this seal so it would just be -5 speed which doesn't really help him because he has 36 speed>.

My Summer Frederick is a +6 +spd/-res

Edited by Lushen

4 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Is this normal?

Hide contents

IMG_0010.png

I mean, I get the game is pretty demanding. But battery goes down from 50 down to 20 in like 20 minutes or so?

Are you playing via Wifi or data?

34 minutes ago, Lushen said:

So as I've received my seventh Summer Frederick...I am not going to 5* regular Gaius at this time.  So now I have a poison dagger and a Mathew.  Would it be better to give Summer Frederick a Rouge Dagger+ or a Poison Dagger+?  I can also give him Rouge Dagger+ and Poison Strike 3 at the same time if that would be beneficial, but I think his seal is better <edit: actually Poison Strike 3 would be better because Rouge Dagger+ would not stack with this seal so it would just be -5 speed which doesn't really help him because he has 36 speed>.

My Summer Frederick is a +6 +spd/-res

I would give him Poison Dagger and Swordbreaker to wreck infantry units. Killing one enemy with one unit is more efficient than using two units to debuff and kill one enemy unit.

8 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Is this normal?

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0010.png

I mean, I get the game is pretty demanding. But battery goes down from 50 down to 20 in like 20 minutes or so?

I do not think my phone's battery drains that fast, but mine drains about 20% in 20 to 30 minutes, so it is not that much better compared to your phone.

So I'm 5k feathers away from another 20k and I'm wondering what I should be spending them on when I get back into the game fully and I remembered that my Bridelia is now merged with Brave Bow+ and Desperation but only Life and Death 2.

Is she good as is and should I focus on things like Camus (Xander is maxed on HM), Raven Sophia (Currently no *5 Red mages), Legion (No infantry axes), Marth (M!Marth is maxed out on HM), or things like Brave Lance+ for Effie, Lightning Breath+ for Nowi/Y!Tiki and the like?

@Ice Dragon and @XRay You two seem to have be high ranking paragons of wisdom, so I'll call you two out specifically.

@Rafiel's Aria You're pretty good too.

Edited by Zeo

@XRay

Is it an iOS? I'm pretty sure mine has an overheating problem (which indirectly correlates to this...?). Also worth mentioning it's a 5s.

Edited by Soul~!

44 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So I'm 5k feathers away from another 20k and I'm wondering what I should be spending them on when I get back into the game fully and I remembered that my Bridelia is now merged with Brave Bow+ and Desperation but only Life and Death 2.

Is she good as is and should I focus on things like Camus (Xander is maxed on HM), Raven Sophia (Currently no *5 Red mages), Legion (No infantry axes), Marth (M!Marth is maxed out on HM), or things like Brave Lance+ for Effie, Lightning Breath+ for Nowi/Y!Tiki and the like?

@Ice Dragon and @XRay You two seem to have be high ranking paragons of wisdom, so I'll call you two out specifically.

Personally, I do not like to invest in things twice since it does not seem very cost efficient. If you have already invested in B!Cordelia with Life and Death 2, I would pick another candidate to invest Life and Death 3 in. Having one super unit is nice, but having multiple good units to make a good team is better in my opinion. Unless B!Cordelia is a core pillar of your Arena team, I would invest the 20,000 Feathers in someone else. There is no point investing in her further if she is not out there earning you Feathers in return.

So, if she is not a main stay on your Arena team, I would not invest in her. If she is one of your core Arena team members, then you have to decide between improving her further and making her teammates better. I would personally invest in her teammates first before going back into investing in her.

I think I have just a little more experience with number crunching rather than wisdom compared to most players.

43 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

@XRay

Is it an iOS? I'm pretty sure mine has an overheating problem (which indirectly correlates to this...?). Also worth mentioning it's a 5s.

Mine is Galaxy S5 Active. Mine overheats sometimes too. I am not sure if there is a correlation between heat and battery life, but it seem that way in my experience. When my phone is in my pocket, it seems to drain a bit faster (a lot faster when it is hot outside and I am walking around). My older S2 phone experiences the same heating/battery problem, but much more pronounced, and leaving that in my pocket all the time will cause it to die within a day.

Edited by XRay

52 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Is this normal?

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0010.png

No.  Assuming apple tracks your battery use for the phone display being on, it should be 20-30% making it impossible for FEH to go up this high.  I don't think it's possible for an app to drain battery that fast even if it's very poorly optimized.  If you aren't playing FEH, are you sure it's fine?  This stinks of a dead battery.  At 100% CPU / RAM / Everything utilization, your batter should not go down 30% in 20 minutes.

Edited by Lushen

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

No.  Assuming apple tracks your battery use for the phone display being on, it should be 20-30% making it impossible for FEH to go up this high.  I don't think it's possible for an app to drain battery that fast even if it's very poorly optimized.  If you aren't playing FEH, are you sure it's fine?  This stinks of a dead battery.

I think it lasts like a whole day or two if I'm just letting it rest. True story.

So assuming the battery is the actual issue, does that mean I simply switch it and that's it?

Edited by Soul~!

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

I think it lasts like a whole day or two if I'm just letting it rest. True story.

So assuming the battery is the actual issue, does that mean I simply switch it and that's it?

Good luck replacing an iPhone battery.  

9 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Why?

Don't listen to him. It requires a bit of surgery on your phone if we're being blunt. If you aren't comfortable with that you can go online and find somewhere to get it replaced for you, but it can be anywhere from 40 to 80 bucks.

I've seen battery replacements on amazon and ebay as well as kits to do it on your own, my battery is kaput as you well know and I'm savvy enough to do it myself.

Just fish around for replacements and kits if you're confident. Unless you think you'll break it trying to replace the battery yourself, you'll be saving anywhere between $40-$60 than if you get it fixed for you. 

Edited by Zeo

52 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Whoa. Kinda' honored to get grouped here. ;A; Thanks. 

As for investing, I say you look at what kind of roles you're needing to fill. Like during the last GHB, I realized I didn't have any speedy reliable speedy swords, so I had to speed grind M. Marth. (My Lucina is kind of unreliable because she's -ATK, and I never put a lot of effort into SI with her since I got her WAY before SI even started.)

At least in my opinion, LaD 2 is good enough. I guess it only really becomes an issue if you want to be a super competitive Arena player, but even then, you'd need to start spending more money on the game for more merges and whatnot, and that's just not possible now that Bridelia's banner has passed. 

Camus is a great investment. He's not as tanky as Xander, but he is faster which has its benefits along with the built in Distant Counter. Building a horse team with him is always a good idea. Since you have no 5 star red mages as well, Sophia wouldn't be a bad idea. I've also managed to give my Effie just a normal old brave lance to test it out, and I did NOT regret it. 

So yeah. I say spread your wealth. Look at what kind of places you need to fill/replace on your teams.

@XRay Alright then, Bridelia can take a backseat, I think there's only been like 1 instance where LnD3 would have served me which was during a Chain Challenge where she left a blue unit with 1 HP. She's been serving me amazingly regardless and she is indeed maxed on HM.

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Whoa. Kinda' honored to get grouped here. ;A; Thanks. 

As for investing, I say you look at what kind of roles you're needing to fill. Like during the last GHB, I realized I didn't have any speedy reliable speedy swords, so I had to speed grind M. Marth. (My Lucina is kind of unreliable because she's -ATK, and I never put a lot of effort into SI with her since I got her WAY before SI even started.)

At least in my opinion, LaD 2 is good enough. I guess it only really becomes an issue if you want to be a super competitive Arena player, but even then, you'd need to start spending more money on the game for more merges and whatnot, and that's just not possible now that Bridelia's banner has passed. 

Camus is a great investment. He's not as tanky as Xander, but he is faster which has its benefits along with the built in Distant Counter. Building a horse team with him is always a good idea. Since you have no 5 star red mages as well, Sophia wouldn't be a bad idea. I've also managed to give my Effie just a normal old brave lance to test it out, and I did NOT regret it. 

So yeah. I say spread your wealth. Look at what kind of places you need to fill/replace on your teams.

Probably Camus then. He'll serve me immediately, where as Sophia needs *5, a *5 Henry for a Raven tome and TA3. I currently have no Roys and she basically needs all of that at once to work. Camus is instantly effective when I promote him. Slap Fury/Vantage on him and he's just as good as Xander.

18 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Probably Camus then. He'll serve me immediately, where as Sophia needs *5, a *5 Henry for a Raven tome and TA3. I currently have no Roys and she basically needs all of that at once to work. Camus is instantly effective when I promote him. Slap Fury/Vantage on him and he's just as good as Xander.

Sounds good. That's the build I did for him. I kept his Goad Cavalry since the SP was cheaper, but I may end up giving him Hone or Fortify later on. Reposition and Bonfire are also good skills for him to have. I feel like that's the most standard build. XD

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Don't listen to him. It requires a bit of surgery on your phone if we're being blunt. If you aren't comfortable with that you can go online and find somewhere to get it replaced for you, but it can be anywhere from 40 to 80 bucks.

I've seen battery replacements on amazon and ebay as well as kits to do it on your own, my battery is kaput as you well know and I'm savvy enough to do it myself.

Just fish around for replacements and kits if you're confident. Unless you think you'll break it trying to replace the battery yourself, you'll be saving anywhere between $40-$60 than if you get it fixed for you. 

It's nothing I haven't done before. Was that the only real concern? It's how I my iPhone up and working in the first place (well, screen replacement).

Are you using a 3rd party battery?

57 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

It's nothing I haven't done before. Was that the only real concern? It's how I my iPhone up and working in the first place (well, screen replacement).

Are you using a 3rd party battery?

The battery itself that is kaput I'm pretty sure is official. As for the replacement the one I'm currently eyeing is 3rd party, there are quite a few and they vary in price, I generally go by reception, products with good reviews are the ones I like to go for (if the price is right), haven't seen an official one. At the very least Intentionally. I'm not well versed on iPhone batteries so if I've seen an official one I didn't know, I'm just familiar enough with tech stuff to know I can replace it as long as I have the tools. Long time owner of multiple laptops and gaming consoles that I've had to tinker with here and there.

If you've done screen replacement on your iPhone, you should be able to replace the battery just fine. If anything it's probably easier.

@Rafiel's Aria I have a Jagen right now that I've been taking on Cavalry missions as a Fortify Cavalry bot, he has over 1000 HM so I really just want to grind out the last half with him so I can shelf him for good. After that I may give his Fortify Cavalry to Camus.

Edited by Zeo

12 minutes ago, Zeo said:

If you've done screen replacement on your iPhone, you should be able to replace the battery just fine. If anything it's probably easier.

Delving into that kind of stuff may seem pretty intimidating at first, but from my point of view at the the time, I was saving myself a crapton of money as well as I didn't have a ton to lose in the first place (the screen was kind of fucked in the first place, anyway).

6 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Delving into that kind of stuff may seem pretty intimidating at first, but from my point of view at the the time, I was saving myself a crapton of money as well as I didn't have a ton to lose in the first place (the screen was kind of fucked in the first place, anyway).

My family is very much a do-it-yourself type of unit. We have some very handy and savvy people, respectively however. I've never dealt with phones, the idea of opening one up is a bit intimidating, but not as intimidating as being out an extra half a C-Note.