"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Rafiel's Aria I have a Jagen right now that I've been taking on Cavalry missions as a Fortify Cavalry bot, he has over 1000 HM so I really just want to grind out the last half with him so I can shelf him for good. After that I may give his Fortify Cavalry to Camus.

Whoa. That's pretty admirable. I'm pretty sure my Jagen has 0 HM. I haven't been able to bring myself to use him. It also helps that I haven't needed to use him. Peri and Camus have done an excellent job as my lances. I'll probably get around to him eventually if I'm desperate enough for feathers. As it is right now, I have plenty of other characters to grind.

Good luck building Camus. I hope he's good for you. I've really enjoyed using him.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Fury worth more points for Arena than Atk +3? @DehNutCase @Ice Dragon @MrSmokestack

I'm still running vanilla Atk +3 on Cecilia, and was wondering how I could maximize her point value for my Arena team, since Mage Knights seem to have a pretty low Arena point value.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is Fury worth more points for Arena than Atk +3? @DehNutCase @Ice Dragon @MrSmokestack

I'm still running vanilla Atk +3 on Cecilia, and was wondering how I could maximize her point value for my Arena team, since Mage Knights seem to have a pretty low Arena point value.

Fury is worth 200 SP while Attack +3 is worth 120 SP. Fury is worth more, but I am not sure how that exactly translate to Arena scores.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fury is worth 200 SP while Attack +3 is worth 120 SP. Fury is worth more, but I am not sure how that exactly translate to Arena scores.

Yeah, I thought there was some calculation on Arena pointage somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I thought there was some calculation on Arena pointage somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

That's because there isn't one. The prevailing assumption is that higher SP skills translate into higher arena scores, but there's yet to be anything definitive on the matter.

Wondering who I should promote. When I was sitting on 20k feathers I decided to wait until I had someone I was sure deserved the boost but now I'm at 40k & thinking I should just pick someone already. 

My strongest five stars right now are: Nino, Tharja, Cordelia, and Kagero.

I've got a few other good five stars--a Masked Marth I'm building, a +SPD bridal Charlotte, a +ATK Soren, an Eirika.

I feel mostly okay, but weak on physical greens & I don't have a good blue mage. 

Of the units I could promote, these are my top contenders:

-- Xander

-- Effie, +ATK/-DEF 

-- Nowi, -HP/+DEF 

-- Michalis

-- Cherche, -HP/+ATK 

I'd like to promote all of these, sooner or later. I hesitate on Nowi and Cherche because I know they need a lot of SI to shine & I don't have the goods on hand.

Thoughts? I guess I could sacrifice one of my five Cordelias for Triangle Adept, but... just one. 

30 minutes ago, Personette said:

Wondering who I should promote. When I was sitting on 20k feathers I decided to wait until I had someone I was sure deserved the boost but now I'm at 40k & thinking I should just pick someone already. 

I've got a few other good five stars--a Masked Marth I'm building, a +SPD bridal Charlotte, a +ATK Soren, an Eirika.

I feel mostly okay, but weak on physical greens & I don't have a good blue mage. 

-- Xander

-- Effie, +ATK/-DEF 

-- Nowi, -HP/+DEF 

-- Michalis

-- Cherche, -HP/+ATK 

I'd like to promote all of these, sooner or later. I hesitate on Nowi and Cherche because I know they need a lot of SI to shine & I don't have the goods on hand.

Thoughts? I guess I could sacrifice one of my five Cordelias for Triangle Adept, but... just one. 

It looks like a lot of your mains are kind of fragile, so you'd probably benefit from having a tankier character around. Effie's a pretty good character even without SI, but she really shines with a Brave Lance+, especially since she already has Death Blow. +ATK is just icing on the cake. In my experience, Michalis is a good investment too plus he gets a legendary weapon at 5 stars. 

I suppose it depends on how well-equipped/willing you are to do some SI. I think Xander's a great character, but he really shines with Fury and Vantage. Nowi shines with Triangle Adept. Cherche likes having the Brave Axe+.

34 minutes ago, Personette said:

-- Xander

-- Effie, +ATK/-DEF 

-- Nowi, -HP/+DEF 

-- Michalis

-- Cherche, -HP/+ATK 

If you are impatient, just go with most GHB units. Those units only have one nature, so you cannot get a better nature even if you want to.

Xander is great with his Siegfried.

You could promote that Effie if you really want to, but her Defense bane hurts her a bit.

I usually do not promote units that do not Boon in either +Atk or +Spd, depending which of them gives them more kills. +Def Nowi is not too bad, but the +Atk helps her get a few more wins.

Michalis is okay. Most people who promoted him liked him.

That Cherche is decent, but since she can be easily summoned as a 3*, if you do not mind waiting, you can try going for one that is [+Atk, -Res].

10 hours ago, Personette said:

-- Xander

-- Effie, +ATK/-DEF 

-- Nowi, -HP/+DEF 

-- Michalis

-- Cherche, -HP/+ATK 

I'd do Xander.  He really shines on a Horse Emblem team, but Distant Counter weapons are great, and he's one of the physically tankiest units around.

9 hours ago, salinea said:

What might be a good build for a Minerva with the somewhat unfortunate IV att+/speed -? That puts her a 35 speed with LnD; and 55 att.

You can give her Axebreaker. Luna/Draconic Aura will go well with her Hauteclere.

Again with some questions.

I got another Virion... I was thinking Which characters are good for Astra? I want to at least give him a good use... Or is better to use him for feathers?

Another option is to pass down his Seal Spd... But let's see... It works if I give it to Summer!Frederick? His weapon already low the speed of the enemy, it stack with the seal spd? Or is a waste to give it to him?

Here I made a list of my units, in case I have someone that could use Astra or Seal spd fine: https://1drv.ms/x/s!An7VrB1bn0NfhDT15oFwP3jaQ9Ty

Thanks for your time!

5 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Again with some questions.

I got another Virion... I was thinking Which characters are good for Astra? I want to at least give him a good use... Or is better to use him for feathers?

Another option is to pass down his Seal Spd... But let's see... It works if I give it to Summer!Frederick? His weapon already low the speed of the enemy, it stack with the seal spd? Or is a waste to give it to him?

Here I made a list of my units, in case I have someone that could use Astra or Seal spd fine: https://1drv.ms/x/s!An7VrB1bn0NfhDT15oFwP3jaQ9Ty

Thanks for your time!

Astra has a long cooldown and doesn't really do much other specials do better. It does have one thing over Glimmer, though- you can give Astra to a unit you want to learn Galeforce, and let them learn another two skills from Cordelia/Lyn (I'd kind of like a Virion to teach Effie Astra so I can get Brave Lance+ and Galeforce from Cordelia at the same time).

7 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Virion has one of the least desirable base kits for skill inheritance out of all the units in this game. Astra / Glimmer either do barely the same amount of damage as other specials or inflict less. It's either overkill damage or tink--no inbetween.

Astra is a prerequisite skill for Galeforce however, and if you want to maximize your arena score you'll want either it or Aether as the special for all of your units. Keep in mind breath users and ranged units can't inherit Galeforce though.

Seal Spd and Defiant Res are equally bad, if not worse, even on a dedicated debuffing set. Never mind that outright KO'ing is usually preferable to simply weakening, but Def and Res drops are generally better than Spd drops, since the fastest units tend to be the most frail ones.

Hope this helps.

Poor Virion. My Awakening husband is still a thing of beauty in concept despite his awful skills.

So I managed to snag myself a second 5 star Cain with a more optimal nature than my first which means I can use my other one to pass along Brave Sword+ to someone. What characters really like having the Brave Sword? Off the top of my head,  know that Alfonse and Laslow can both use it pretty well. However, I plan to build my Alfonse around his base weapon. I've also got a 4 star +ATK Laslow sitting at level 40 in my barracks right now. I also know that Hana LOVES the Brave Sword. It just so happens that I have her at 4 stars level 40 +ATK right now as well.

Is there anyone else? I just want to see who my options are.

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Astra is a prerequisite skill for Galeforce however, and if you want to maximize your arena score you'll want either it or Aether as the special for all of your units. Keep in mind breath users and ranged units can't inherit Galeforce though.

Really? Why not?

20 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Astra has a long cooldown and doesn't really do much other specials do better. It does have one thing over Glimmer, though- you can give Astra to a unit you want to learn Galeforce, and let them learn another two skills from Cordelia/Lyn (I'd kind of like a Virion to teach Effie Astra so I can get Brave Lance+ and Galeforce from Cordelia at the same time).

15 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Virion has one of the least desirable base kits for skill inheritance out of all the units in this game. Astra / Glimmer either do barely the same amount of damage as other specials or inflict less. It's either overkill damage or tink--no inbetween.

Seal Spd and Defiant Res are equally bad, if not worse, even on a dedicated debuffing set. Never mind that outright KO'ing is usually preferable to simply weakening, but Def and Res drops are generally better than Spd drops, since the fastest units tend to be the most frail ones.

Hope this helps.

Saddly I don't have anyone from where to learn Galeforce, so... Is better to send this Virion for feathers then (I already have one to keep) . Thanks both of you

59 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Really? Why not?

46 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Don't ask me. Ask IS.

Erm, I mean @Ice Dragon

Both the wiki and the sticky on the front page of the subforum corroborate my statement.

I know I've been eating too much pizza and drinking too much Mountain Dew to move again. Not sure about the others.

How often do people use Fujin Yumi's Pass to their advantage? Saw this while I was training in the training tower and I thought it was interesting

HBPos9X.jpg

Edited by tobuShogi

So, is there anyone who would particularly like to have Close Def? I just happened to blunder into a second Summer!Tiki and just want to assess my options.

Boon/Banes for Reference
Tiki #1: +HP, -Res
Tiki #2: +Atk, -Res