"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I rolled a *3 Hinata and will be promoting him immediately, so it's that magical time again. Picking a unit to give Fury 3 to! Fury is a rare thing in my corner of Heroes and I have more than a few units who want it, so help me pick the next lucky one if you don't mind.

• Anna - Pretty sure she's going to run a Fury/Desperation build, just promoted her so she's ripe. A slot is empty.
  • S!Robin (+DEF/-RES) - She'll be running Fury/Renewal and I just pulled a Fae so I'll be completing her right away. A slot is +HP/DEF atm.
  • S!Frederick (+SPD/-HP) - Fury/Renewal or keeping his debuff most likely, he's already got Moonbow ready to go and 37-39 SPD is nothing to sniff at.. A slot is empty.
  • Nino (+RES/-DEF)  - She's had Fury 2 for the longest and could use that upgrade to 40 SPD.
  • M!Marth - She's had Fury 2 for a while as well, she deserves the boost.
  • Marth (+SPD/-DEF) Don't know what I'm going to do with him yet, but Fury is a start. He'll eventually be +SPD/-RES and +5 when i have the feathers. Empty A slot.
  • Olivia (+SPD/-RES) Also a Fury 2 user. She'll eventually be complete but she's missing a lot of stuff.
  • Clive - I don't know what I'm going to do with him just yet, but I know I'm going to give him Fury. Current A slot is Defense+3
  • S!Corrin (+DEF/-ATK) - Don't know what I'm doing with her. Horrible bane but her boon gives her bulk and Fury helps that. Undecided, default A is Swift Strike.
  • Soren (+ATK/-RES +1) - Don't know what I want to do with him either but currently he just has HP+5 so he dies less. Might make him a Raven+ user.

Yep...

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, I still find it weird that Sacae's Blessing doesn't work on Dragons...

Unfortunately, Lyn does not swing that way. But now that you mention it, I think Lyn and Ninian would make a cute couple.

She needs some kind of counter.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It seems that CYL Lyn is Bridelia with access to a comparably better weapon, Horse Buffs, and one more movement,

I hope it is power creep, but we do not know BH!Lyn's stats for sure yet I think. Focusing on just the stats and buffs with a neutral nature, Lyn will need [32 Atk, 33 Spd] to reach [38 Atk, 39 Spd] with Hone Cavalry, since BB!Cordelia [35 Atk, 35 Spd] with Eirika buff can reach [38 Atk,39 Spd].

With Fortify Cavalry, BH!Lyn could also be more bulky than BB!Cordelia.

2 hours ago, Arn said:

I managed to make this work thanks to Ninferno. I got Roderick on the free roll, should I use the rest of the orbs or save?

I would use all your Orbs now since you need as many characters as possible. I do not recommend sniping this early into the game unless there is someone you really want or like. Every time you get 20 Orbs, do a full pull, preferably on a banner that lasts a while so you can take advantage of the pity rate.

Also, DO NOT SEND HOME FREE NEUTRAL UNITS! Or at the very least, keep one of each free unit. You need these freebies for Grand Hero Battles, and as a new player, you will have to rely on them until you acquire a cohesive team of 5* units later on. To use these free Heroes effectively, just look on YouTube videos and copy the strategy. The neutral nature is important, since the AI may react differently if the stats are different.

Here is a list of always free units:

Spoiler

Sophia - Special Maps
Virion - Special Maps/Starter
Hana - Special Maps
Subaki - Special Maps
Donnel - Special Maps
Lissa - Special Maps
Gunter - Special Maps
Cecilia - Special Maps
Felicia - Special Maps
Wrys - Special Maps
Olivia - Special Maps
Stahl - Special Maps
Matthew - Starter
Raigh - Starter

Here is a list of former free units; if you summon these and they are neutral nature, I would keep them:

Spoiler

Barst - Quest Reward
Catria - Quest Reward
Corrin - Login Reward
Draug - Quest Reward
Est - Quest Reward
Niles - Quest Reward
Palla - Quest Reward

Here is a list of current free units, but they will not stay free forever; if you miss them and you summon neutral ones later, I would keep them:

Spoiler

Arthur - Quest Reward
Selena - Quest Reward
Oboro - Quest Reward

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

So I rolled a *3 Hinata and will be promoting him immediately, so it's that magical time again. Picking a unit to give Fury 3 to! Fury is a rare thing in my corner of Heroes and I have more than a few units who want it, so help me pick the next lucky one if you don't mind.

• Anna - Pretty sure she's going to run a Fury/Desperation build, just promoted her so she's ripe. A slot is empty.
  • S!Robin (+DEF/-RES) - She'll be running Fury/Renewal and I just pulled a Fae so I'll be completing her right away. A slot is +HP/DEF atm.
  • S!Frederick (+SPD/-HP) - Fury/Renewal or keeping his debuff most likely, he's already got Moonbow ready to go and 37-39 SPD is nothing to sniff at.. A slot is empty.
  • Nino (+RES/-DEF)  - She's had Fury 2 for the longest and could use that upgrade to 40 SPD.
  • M!Marth - She's had Fury 2 for a while as well, she deserves the boost.
  • Marth (+SPD/-DEF) Don't know what I'm going to do with him yet, but Fury is a start. He'll eventually be +SPD/-RES and +5 when i have the feathers. Empty A slot.
  • Olivia (+SPD/-RES) Also a Fury 2 user. She'll eventually be complete but she's missing a lot of stuff.
  • Clive - I don't know what I'm going to do with him just yet, but I know I'm going to give him Fury. Current A slot is Defense+3
  • S!Corrin (+DEF/-ATK) - Don't know what I'm doing with her. Horrible bane but her boon gives her bulk and Fury helps that. Undecided, default A is Swift Strike.
  • Soren (+ATK/-RES +1) - Don't know what I want to do with him either but currently he just has HP+5 so he dies less. Might make him a Raven+ user.

Yep...

I have a range bias, so I would prioritize your best ranged units first, so that would be either Nino or Soren. Your NS!Corrin does not have the best nature, so I would turn her into a Raven mage instead with Triangle Adept if you are using her outside of a flier team.

I guess the next in line would be Olivia if she is part of your core Arena team. Marth!Lucina would be after Olivia since she is a pretty decent Falchion medic for Tempest Trials.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

Unfortunately, Lyn does not swing that way. But now that you mention it, I think Lyn and Ninian would make a cute couple.

She needs some kind of counter.

I hope it is power creep, but we do not know BH!Lyn's stats for sure yet I think. Focusing on just the stats and buffs with a neutral nature, Lyn will need [32 Atk, 33 Spd] to reach [38 Atk, 39 Spd] with Hone Cavalry, since BB!Cordelia [35 Atk, 35 Spd] with Eirika buff can reach [38 Atk,39 Spd].

With Fortify Cavalry, BH!Lyn could also be more bulky than BB!Cordelia.

You want power creep?  It might be inevitable, but straight BST inflation seems like a lazy way to power creep this early in the game's lifespan.

The leaked stats on CYLyn gives her

HP: 35

Atk: 33 (14 might prf weapon = 47 Atk)

Spd: 35 (+3 with her prf weapon gives her functional 38)

Def: 18

Res: 28

That gives her BST of 149, which is 4-5 higher than other ranged Cavalry.  Her skillset is good enough without giving her an extra bump to stats.  I hope her real stats are more in line with current BST, so we don't straight up make old units obsolete this early in the game's lifetime.  Just taking 1 point off each stat would still give her a great spread.

49 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You want power creep?  It might be inevitable, but straight BST inflation seems like a lazy way to power creep this early in the game's lifespan.

The leaked stats on CYLyn gives her

HP: 35

Atk: 33 (14 might prf weapon = 47 Atk)

Spd: 35 (+3 with her prf weapon gives her functional 38)

Def: 18

Res: 28

That gives her BST of 149, which is 4-5 higher than other ranged Cavalry.  Her skillset is good enough without giving her an extra bump to stats.  I hope her real stats are more in line with current BST, so we don't straight up make old units obsolete this early in the game's lifetime.  Just taking 1 point off each stat would still give her a great spread.

Well, I guess it is a little more complicated than that. While a part of me does not want power creep, the other part of me does want power creep since I will spend money on her. Since I will be summoning her, I am leaning towards pro power creep side.

Are those stats from a character screen shot though? I do not want to assume those are her stats until I see the character page.

Her high base stat total could possibly be due to being classified as a trainee unit. It is still a lazy way to a buff a unit, but at least it is not a method they can keep using since not every banner or unit is special enough to be classified as a trainee unit if they are not actually trainee themselves.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Well, I guess it is a little more complicated than that. While a part of me does not want power creep, the other part of me does want power creep since I will spend money on her. Since I will be summoning her, I am leaning towards pro power creep side.

Are those stats from a character screen shot though? I do not want to assume those are her stats until I see the character page.

Her high base stat total could possibly be due to being classified as a trainee unit. It is still a lazy way to a buff a unit, but at least it is not a method they can keep using since not every banner or unit is special enough to be classified as a trainee unit if they are not actually trainee themselves.

I don't know how she would be considered a trainee unit, but that could be the classification getting +5 to BST gives her.

I'll be getting a gladly using Lyn, but I want the game to be balanced too, and not just have literally every Arena team with a CYLyn on it, which there probably will be, since she counters Horse Emblem, Blade Tome, and Distant Counter, all with superior mobility and Bridelia stat spread.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I don't know how she would be considered a trainee unit, but that could be the classification getting +5 to BST gives her.

I'll be getting a gladly using Lyn, but I want the game to be balanced too, and not just have literally every Arena team with a CYLyn on it, which there probably will be, since she counters Horse Emblem, Blade Tome, and Distant Counter, all with superior mobility and Bridelia stat spread.

Yeah, it does not make sense to give her trainee status, but that is the only solution I can think of to explain the base stat total if that is case.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

She doesn't counter horse emblem because Brave Bow Lyn shoots herself to death.

Edit: If anything, it makes horse emblem even stronger because now we have the 5 range physical option to pair with our 5 range magical options.

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, DehNutCase said:

She doesn't counter horse emblem because Brave Bow Lyn shoots herself to death.

So CYLyn is the Garchomp of FE Heroes now, well it was good while it lasted.

Can someone clarify how Urvan seems to work? I'm confused if, when it mentions consecutive attacks, it means any attack after the first (so if the enemy doubles Ike, sucks to be them), or it just means Brave weapons (so sucks to be Reinhardt).

Also, does Ike seem like a good candidate for Distant Counter to anyone else if he renders Braves weaker (so Rein can't kill him even with Horse Emblem and Quickened Pulse Moonbow) and Horse Emblem+Flier Emblem novelty in any kind of combat with him, meaning he can take a hit from most Blade tomes and counter just as hard?

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So CYLyn is the Garchomp of FE Heroes now, well it was good while it lasted.

Mind, Lyn alone is curb stomped by Ike and similar units---you don't need to counter-kill if the person hitting you does 0 damage a pop. The problem is that she strengthens the strongest archetype, the same archetype that actually has no problems destroying Ike without buffs. Horse mages don't need +18 Atk to nuke Ike to pieces if he only has 20 Res, and his B-slot seems unique to him.

Edit: And I'd rate her a bit lower than Reinhardt regardless---she's comparable in the offenses department, but tome access will continue to make Reinhardt the superior option simply because of how versatile they are. Reinhardt has access to Dire Thunder for brave effect, -blade for closer counter build, L&D bulky offense sets (Reinhardt's damn bulky even with L&D, particularly since it patches up his spd), and even the more niche ones like -raven (his spread is almost perfect for it, so much so that he can just ignore TA-3 and kill archers off the 20% triangle advantage) -owl, or whatever.

Double Edit: Standard Reinhardt 2HKOs even without Moonbow Pulse or buffs anyway, so I can't imagine her being too dominant.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Can someone clarify how Urvan seems to work? I'm confused if, when it mentions consecutive attacks, it means any attack after the first (so if the enemy doubles Ike, sucks to be them), or it just means Brave weapons (so sucks to be Reinhardt).

Based on the wording, whenever attacks occur in a row without Ike breaking them up with his own attack. That means Brave, Desperation, and regular follow-up attacks if Ike cannot counterattack.

So I got lucky to pull Bridal Lyn in about 20 orbs way back during that banner and I decided to spend a few orbs on red yesterday and on my second summon I got normal Lyn. Since I'm choosing her for the CYL, I'll soon be able to make a full Lyn team whenever she gets her next banner.

My build for Bridal is currently: 

• Weapon: Candlelight
  • Assist: Rehabilitate
  • Special: Swift-Fire Balm
  • A Skill: ?
  • B Skill: Dazzling Staff 3
  • C Skill: Hone Speed 3

What's the best skill to give a cleric as their A skill? She doesn't have high enough HP to make use of the 'boost' passives, so I'm not really sure.

Similarly, the regular Lyn I pulled is +Spd,-HP. This has potential, however the main build for her makes use of Brash Assault 3, which essentially disregards her speed. Are there any other fun builds I can do instead of Brash Assault to make use of her speed?

1 hour ago, SlipperySlippy said:

So I got lucky to pull Bridal Lyn in about 20 orbs way back during that banner and I decided to spend a few orbs on red yesterday and on my second summon I got normal Lyn. Since I'm choosing her for the CYL, I'll soon be able to make a full Lyn team whenever she gets her next banner.

My build for Bridal is currently: 

• Weapon: Candlelight
  • Assist: Rehabilitate
  • Special: Swift-Fire Balm
  • A Skill: ?
  • B Skill: Dazzling Staff 3
  • C Skill: Hone Speed 3

What's the best skill to give a cleric as their A skill? She doesn't have high enough HP to make use of the 'boost' passives, so I'm not really sure.

Similarly, the regular Lyn I pulled is +Spd,-HP. This has potential, however the main build for her makes use of Brash Assault 3, which essentially disregards her speed. Are there any other fun builds I can do instead of Brash Assault to make use of her speed?

If you have access to Fortress Def or Fortress Res, you can make BB!Lyn pretty tanky. You can also give her more Speed so she avoids being doubled.

For normal Lyn, you can give her Swordbreaker for more kills when she is not at low HP. You can also overhaul her entire kit and give her Brave Sword build, although that is expensive and there are better candidates out there. You can also try Windsweep for something interesting, but I do not think it is very good though since she cannot double.

1 hour ago, Dengres said:

I got a second Ike from the gauntlet banner while going for Hector. He is +atk and -HP and now I don't know which Ike I should be using. The other is +speed -res

I would go for the +Atk. You can always give him HP +3 Sacred Seal to patch it up.

8 minutes ago, Arn said:

Do I need to evolve them first?

It depends on the skill you're intending to teach (check the character's skills list to see what rarity is needed or if the character already has access to it at their current rarity).

There's no need to rush. Just let them sit for a while until you know for certain what you're going to do with them. Barracks space is free until you run out and need to expand your barracks.

On 8/28/2017 at 7:57 AM, Arn said:

So, I decided to play this, do I need to reroll until I get something decent or I'm daijobu? Keep in mind that I don't spend a penny on mobile trash, but I heard this game is F2P friendly and since I'm sorta addicted to FE I'd like to try this one.

Congrats on starting out. . .HOWEVER, you should be able to progress using whatever resources you start with.  Unless you are dead-set on getting (insert character here), rerolling shouldn't be necessary.  And if I can't get off the ground using whatever starting resources I have, then the game is poorly balanced, and is not worth my time.  There's also a free 5* pull coming up, which makes rerolling due to power creep completely irrelevant for the time being.

So far, I haven't felt the need to reroll in any game I've played (even that ass-of-a-power-creeep called Kingdom Hearts).

I actually used the free units until chapter 6, when I got 55 Orbs and did a x15 pull. I DID want Lyn but I wanted Genny too... well, I'm not gonna reroll again(I did 2 times before) and I'm sorta satisfied with those, but I want to make a team to 5* first.

46 minutes ago, Arn said:

So a did a 15x pull on the Starter banner and got these:

I need help making teans.

Effie, Robin, Tharja, and Klein is a pretty good start.

Ranged attack is extremely powerful in this game, and Tharja and Klein are near the top in terms of out-of-the-box performance. Robin can cover defensively against colorless units and isn't bad offensively either. Effie is solid, but lacks mobility, so you might want to hand off one of your Arthurs' Swaps to her to help out a bit.

Dancers are amazing regardless of your team composition, so you can also easily switch out Effie or Robin for Olivia.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Arn said:

What about IVs? Should I worry about them?

Until you start getting duplicates, you should use what you have since it doesn't matter too much. Doesn't hurt to check each unit's nature when you get them, though, since it'll help you make decisions on which duplicates to keep in the long run.