"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

@mampfoid What was your full team when you did it? I'm using Robin, Tharja, Hector and Eirika (to buff my mages). The problem seems to be that I get everyone onto the left so Robin can bait Lyn, but Lucina stands right next to her after she attacks meaning I can't kill her with a counter attack and Hector gets left behind so can't save my team when they get surrounded. I have an Amelia so will try swapping Tharja for her, or Legion for Hector so I still have an offensive red unit for Ike.

Geirskogul is no joke...

My team was M!Robin, Azura, Michalis (QR & Bonfire) and Celica.

To start, everybody moved to the left. M!Robin to bait Lyn, was standing directly under the wall. Lyn moved directly above him to attack, Lucina moved near Lyn to her right side. Ike moved directly down and Roy tried to follow up. On my next turn, Robin finished Lyn and Celica killed Ike from behind the wall near him (i don't remember if a dance by Azura was necessary). 

On second enemy phase, Lucina broke the wall and Roy moved below her, leaving only the now destroyed wall between them. On my turn Robin killed Roy (i think he needed a dance by Azura, because SB wasn't active anymore for the damage he took from Lyn). And Michalis moved directly in front of Lucina (without attacking) to cover my blue units. 

I guess Hector can't reach that position fast enough without help. Do you have an Reposition on Eirika or Tharja? Or perhaps Draw back on Tharja and Swap on Hector? 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, mampfoid said:

To start, everybody moved to the left. M!Robin to bait Lyn, was standing directly under the wall. Lyn moved directly above him to attack, Lucina moved near Lyn to her right side. Ike moved directly down and Roy tried to follow up. On my next turn, Robin finished Lyn and Celica killed Ike from behind the wall near him (i don't remember if a dance by Azura was necessary). 

On second enemy phase, Lucina broke the wall and Roy moved below her, leaving only the now destroyed wall between them. On my turn Robin killed Roy (i think he needed a dance by Azura, because SB wasn't active anymore for the damage he took from Lyn). And Michalis moved directly in front of Lucina (without attacking) to cover my blue units. 

I guess Hector can't reach that position fast enough without help. Do you have an Reposition on Eirika or Tharja? Or perhaps Draw back on Tharja and Swap on Hector? 

Hector has Swap, I think I have Draw Back fodder for Tharja. Should I get Reposition instead or is Swap + Draw Back better?

When I play, Lyn and Lucina do the same as they did with you, but Ike and Roy also move in and break the wall immediately.

Just now, mampfoid said:

Hector has Swap, I think I have Draw Back fodder for Tharja. Should I get Reposition instead or is Swap + Draw Back better?

When I play, Lyn and Lucina do the same as they did with you, but Ike and Roy also move in and break the wall immediately.

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Before to do heavy SI, you should try if it would help in your situation. 

Perhaps Ike tries to get after Azura in my case (blue gem + weak def), but in your case Robin would be his prime target? Roy can't reach the wall on turn 1. 

Ike breaks the wall and Roy follows him.

Ike going after Robin makes sense. Tharja had a ton of SP saved up so giving her Reposition wasn't an issue. I have a Ninian I could add to my team (and I could swap Tharja for Lilina or Sanaki since they don't have -blade Tomes). Hmm...

Edit: @mampfoid I got the win (minus the Achievement) by getting Robin and Hector killed and having Lucina chase Tharja and Eirika around a pillar for two turns. Not the most glorious strategy but I'll take it.

Edited by DefyingFates

19 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Ike breaks the wall and Roy follows him.

Ike going after Robin makes sense. Tharja had a ton of SP saved up so giving her Reposition wasn't an issue. I have a Ninian I could add to my team (and I could swap Tharja for Lilina or Sanaki since they don't have -blade Tomes). Hmm...

Edit: @mampfoid I got the win (minus the Achievement) by getting Robin and Hector killed and having Lucina chase Tharja and Eirika around a pillar for two turns. Not the most glorious strategy but I'll take it.

Sorry about that, it's difficult to replicate a strategy with different units. Perhaps you'll find another way that works for you to get this last mission orb.

6 hours ago, Nowi said:

Is it worth it for my +atk - HP Nowi and +atk -res Fae to inherit TA3 as opposed to TA2, at the cost of 40k feathers, (currently have 54k but still need to do unit upgrades for non-SI reasons) or is TA2 fine by itself for e.g. arena's?

Cheers guys.

Edit: Or is fury 3 better for my Nowi? I do have a Hinata in stock so I could get fury 3 if its better for then TA2, unsure

Depending on how often you summon and what your Arena tier is, I would not spend Hero Feathers on Triangle Adept 3. If you are using them to have maximum coverage, Fury is better. If they are in a Triangle Adept team, then Triangle Adept is better. If you are using them on your Arena team to stay in Tier 20 then 40,000 Feather investment makes sense, although you might be able to get by with Fury as well.

6 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

So what skill is best for Tana's A slot? I'm gunning for a Quick Riposte flyer to take advantage of that Defence (Def boon, too).

I would go with Fury since that is cheapest and probably the best option. I would not use her to counter kill ranged units, so I would not give her Distant Counter unless she is your favorite unit or something. I prefer Fury over Close Defense since Fury also gives you more Attack and Speed as well to kill things. You can also run Triangle Adept if you just need her to counter swords and check red mages.

5 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I managed to pull a Hinata just now. Is Fury good on Valter? I'm afraid he'll take too much recoil damage over time. Should I keep Darting Blow instead? Any other suggestions for Fury? I have a S. Corrin who is +HP -Res and I was thinking of giving her LnD, but would Fury be better? She has Darting Blow right now. Should I put Fury on Xander even though he has QR? Should I put it on Fae? Eirika? Camus? Sharena? Linde? Julia? Nino? 

PRIORITIES AHHHHH

I think Valter is fine with Darting Blow.

Valter
Vanilla
Player Phase 57:3:104
Player Phase [Fury] 51:3:110

Fury is fine with NS!Corrin. If you are going to pimp her out, Swift Sparrow is better than Life and Death.

NS!Corrin +HP -Res
Blárblade
Lancebreaker
Hone Flier
Player Phase [Life and Death] 146:10:8
Player Phase [Fury] 145:3:16
Player Phase [Swift Sparrow ] 146:7:11

For the extra Fury, I would put it on Nino or a unit that you use the most.

5 hours ago, Rinco said:

What should I do with +Atk/-Spd Cyl Lucina?

She has 53 atk and 33 spd at 40. If I put Fury on her, her spd goes to the 36 that neutral has while having 56 atk and some more bulk. Aether can help her get some hp back. 

With that, I can probably run some breaker on her B slot.

Any advices?

Fury is fine.

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Quick question: in general, which is a better Boon for an infantry offensive unit: +Spd or +Atk? (I assume -HP is the best bane?)

It depends on the build, and the following applies to everyone, not just infantry. Movement type usually does not matter too much in terms of actual combat performance.

For Player Phase melee builds the best bane is -Res. For ranged units, it is -Def/Res.

For Player Phase Brave builds, the best boon is generally +Atk.

For Player Phase non-Brave builds, assuming the unit is not slow, it is generally +Spd; if it is super slow, then it should just stick with +Atk; if the unit is pretty fast already, they might want to use +Atk as well depending on their A slot. These units need more Speed to double attack to maximize their damage output, unlike Brave builds who can already attack twice. If they are super slow, giving them Speed does not matter since they are not going to double anyone still. If they are super fast and has Swift Sparrow or Life and Death, giving them more speed does not matter either since there is very few fast people left to double.

For Enemy Phase kill-everything builds, they need +Atk in conjunction with Quick Riposte to maximize damage output, and the bane can be -HP/Spd/Def/Res; it is usually not -Spd unless the unit is very slow, and it is usually not -HP unless it is at very a high merge level or has an absurdly high HP.

5 hours ago, Chelone said:

Need advice: Pulled +speed/-res B!Lyn in my first session. With my other 33 orbs i got a bunch of 4*s and SI fodder.

I really want B!Ike to be good though. (would like the others too if I get the chance and boon/bane doesnt matter much). Pity is at 3.75%.

Anyway, should I grab my free neutral Ike so I can slowly take a chance at Roy/Lucina? or Should I continue and maybe get a +atk Ike. (If he would be bad I'd want to grab the neutral one  still.)

Unless you want to collect everyone right now, I would go with Ike if he is your favorite unit. The units are not limited, so you may summon more of them in the future, but that is not guaranteed though.

Edited by XRay

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Sorry about that, it's difficult to replicate a strategy with different units. Perhaps you'll find another way that works for you to get this last mission orb.

Thanks! I've come up with a strategy of having Robin break the left wall himself, which puts him in Lyn's line of fire then using Tharja's Reposition to move him directly down out of said line and Ninian to move Tharja out, then Legion (since he also has Spur Atk 2) nearby so Robin can move into Lyn's range next turn (thus giving him a Spur Atk without Legion being attacked). This gets Lyn and Ike onto the left and Lucina and Roy onto the right, meaning Lucina isn't buffing Lyn, so Robin can kill her on the next turn (as long as he stays next to Legion). After that I shuffle Robin, Legion and Tharja around so that Tharja gets Spurred (along with the Fortify Def 2 from Ninian) and attacks Ike. Ike survives but Tharja can take the hit on Enemy Phase and kill him on the next Player Phase.

By this time Lucina and Roy move in and I end up getting someone killed because there's not enough room to manoeuvre around, then because Roy gets Galeforce off he kills a second unit and after that my success depends on who survived.

I think getting Robin enough SP to learn Swordbreaker 2 (he currently has Swordbreaker 1) will help and, after all, I still have two weeks to go!

Which B Skill should I put on my +Atk/-Spd CYL Lucina? 
I was thinking about a breaker skill. She already does nicely vs sword units, so I guess Lancebreaker fits well. Am I right?
Should I consider other skills?

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

Which B Skill should I put on my +Atk/-Spd CYL Lucina? 
I was thinking about a breaker skill. She already does nicely vs sword units, so I guess Lancebreaker fits well. Am I right?
Should I consider other skills?

I would go with Lancebreaker too. You can also try Wings of Mercy/Escape Route so she can teleport around with her buffs if your team is split up.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks! I've come up with a strategy of having Robin break the left wall himself, which puts him in Lyn's line of fire then using Tharja's Reposition to move him directly down out of said line and Ninian to move Tharja out, then Legion (since he also has Spur Atk 2) nearby so Robin can move into Lyn's range next turn (thus giving him a Spur Atk without Legion being attacked). This gets Lyn and Ike onto the left and Lucina and Roy onto the right, meaning Lucina isn't buffing Lyn, so Robin can kill her on the next turn (as long as he stays next to Legion). After that I shuffle Robin, Legion and Tharja around so that Tharja gets Spurred (along with the Fortify Def 2 from Ninian) and attacks Ike. Ike survives but Tharja can take the hit on Enemy Phase and kill him on the next Player Phase.

By this time Lucina and Roy move in and I end up getting someone killed because there's not enough room to manoeuvre around, then because Roy gets Galeforce off he kills a second unit and after that my success depends on who survived.

I think getting Robin enough SP to learn Swordbreaker 2 (he currently has Swordbreaker 1) will help and, after all, I still have two weeks to go!

Hmm, perhaps Tharja could kill Ike immediately with an Hone ATK? If you change Ninian for Olivia (or Legion for Nino), but you risk that the AI acts differently then. 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Hmm, perhaps Tharja could kill Ike immediately with an Hone ATK? If you change Ninian for Olivia (or Legion for Nino), but you risk that the AI acts differently then. 

I need to keep Legion for the Quets but I'll try swapping Ninian. Hopefully my approach means the AI will act the same/ similar anyway. Thanks again!

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Am I missing something or is Seth the only SS unit to get the 4* treatment?  Why break with tradition now?

Because otherwise we'll have more 4*s than 3*s and the 5* pool probably felt they needed a buff? Just a guess though. Technically, the alm & celica army banners did the same thing. Among the 6 units, 4 were kept as 5*s.

e: It is magnificently stupid that both axe armors in the game are 5* exclusive though.

Edited by r_n

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

Does anyone know if the CYL units will be added to the summoning pool after their banner ends or will they be seasonal units in terms of availability?

it states in the notice board that they'll be normal units, so no worries if you can't get them in the 2 weeks

Hey folks.  I asked this in the summons thread, but then saw this one and realized it would be better asked here.  Furthermore, I ask this question because it's a feature that I rarely find myself using - does combining duplicates to units that are Level 40 impact their IVs at all or does it just give them additional SP?  I've been hearing about Level 20 Arenas having as much as +10 leveled units, and I'm trying to see the advantage to combining so many units as opposed to using them for SI fodder.

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

6 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Hey folks.  I asked this in the summons thread, but then saw this one and realized it would be better asked here.  Furthermore, I ask this question because it's a feature that I rarely find myself using - does combining duplicates to units that are Level 40 impact their IVs at all or does it just give them additional SP?  I've been hearing about Level 20 Arenas having as much as +10 leveled units, and I'm trying to see the advantage to combining so many units as opposed to using them for SI fodder.

If both units are 5*.  It will give you a +1 bonus.  Otherwise, it just gives SP.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If both units are 5*.  It will give you a +1 bonus.  Otherwise, it just gives SP.

0_o

Sounds totally fair as a mechanic, but jeez does that sound like takes a lot of money to grab 10 5*s!  So the 20th Tier are full of ultra-planners and whales?

Just now, Selena4Lyfe said:

0_o

Sounds totally fair as a mechanic, but jeez does that sound like takes a lot of money to grab 10 5*s!  So the 20th Tier are full of ultra-planners and whales?

You could probably "get" to Tier 20 without whaling.  My Team uses mostly GHB units.  But to stay there, you probably need to whale.  I bounce between Tiers 19 and 20 every other week.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Unless you want to collect everyone right now, I would go with Ike if he is your favorite unit. The units are not limited, so you may summon more of them in the future, but that is not guaranteed though.

Is Neutral Ike good enough though? If I would continue trying, what boons are good for him and what banes to avoid?

1 hour ago, Pitchfork said:

Can someone please clarify, does Roderick's Firesweep Lance+ give the same effect as Wary Fighter?

If it does, then couldn't one replace Effie's Silver Lance with Firesweep Lance+ to free up her B Slot?

Firesweep Lance+ does not replicate Wary Fighter. Firesweep weapons all have a sort of Windsweep/Watersweep effect built in where the enemy party cannot counterattack. This applies to both the enemy and the weapon wielder, so if Effie is attacking Xander, he cannot Counterattack, but if Xander attacks Effie, Effie can't counterattack.

Firesweep weapons do not take speed into account, unlike Wind and Watersweep, so a unit can double against an enemy without them being able to retaliate. Effie would not be a good user, as she already suffers from low speed (you may as well just keep her default Silver Lance+) and Armor unit movement, so she just gets attacked by everyone. And again, Wary Fighter is not built into Firesweep Lance+.

A good Firesweep Lance user would be someone like Tana or Cordelia, who have high speed and can double most units they fight, with Life and Death 3 and Hit and Run/Drag Back, since they won't be counterattacked they can strike away without worry and can retreat afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Firesweep Lance+ does not replicate Wary Fighter. Firesweep weapons all have a sort of Windsweep/Watersweep effect built in where the enemy party cannot counterattack. This applies to both the enemy and the weapon wielder, so if Effie is attacking Xander, he cannot Counterattack, but if Xander attacks Effie, Effie can't counterattack.

Firesweep weapons do not take speed into account, unlike Wind and Watersweep, so a unit can double against an enemy without them being able to retaliate. Effie would not be a good user, as she already suffers from low speed (you may as well just keep her default Silver Lance+) and Armor unit movement, so she just gets attacked by everyone. And again, Wary Fighter is not built into Firesweep Lance+.

A good Firesweep Lance user would be someone like Tana or Cordelia, who have high speed and can double most units they fight, with Life and Death 3 and Hit and Run/Drag Back, since they won't be counterattacked they can strike away without worry and can retreat afterwards.

Ah, I see now. Thank you very much for the in depth explanation, very much appreciated!