"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

13 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

And thanks for letting me know that field buffs don't affect Ploys!

The enemy's bonuses and penalties will affect Ploy activation, as will your own penalties. Only your own bonuses do not (but they would if bonuses could last longer than 1 turn).

That also means that if your own unit is Panicked, it won't affect Ploy activation because at the time of comparison you won't have any bonuses to turn negative.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... what IVs would be best for a DC Florina?

Available IVs:
+Atk/-HP
+Atk/-Def
+Res/-HP
+Spd/-Def
+Spd/-HP

Or wait for a +Res/-Def one or (insert IVs not already listed here)?

Edited by Roflolxp54

Which IV's here:

1. Exalted Chrom -       (+HP/-RES) OR (+ATK/-SPD)?
  2. Noire -                        (+RES/-DEF) OR (+SPD/-ATK)?

Atm, I've gone with the former for each, as the Atk/Spd banes don't appeal to me usually. However, I ask in these cases, as Exalted Chrom can be utilized on the enemy phase anyway and Noire could likely do more with the SPD boon (Regardless of the -Atk  bane). Exalted Chrom will see some Arena play, though Noire likely won't.

My other question is in regards to Sword Reinhardt. I've been considering running the Heavy Blade Seal on him (Especially since mine is a +ATK/-RES +1 merged copy). With Luna, Death Blow & Vantage equipped, I can see him doing  a lot of mixed phase work. Worth considering?

8 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Available IVs:
+Atk/-HP
+Atk/-Def
+Res/-HP
+Spd/-Def
+Spd/-HP

I assume she is mostly used to counter mages, so I would go with [+Atk/Res, -Def]. Florina is pretty slow, so I do not think it is worth it to give her +Spd. Between +Atk and +Res, I recommend checking her match ups against high threat mages that you face in the calculator. I lean towards +Res since since she could activate Moonbow for additional damage, but if you need her to specifically tank bulkier mages then +Atk may make more sense.

1 hour ago, D4RTH said:

My other question is in regards to Sword Reinhardt. I've been considering running the Heavy Blade Seal on him (Especially since mine is a +ATK/-RES +1 merged copy). With Luna, Death Blow & Vantage equipped, I can see him doing  a lot of mixed phase work. Worth considering?

I would switch Luna to Moonbow if you are using Heavy Blade. That would significantly rack up his kill count by activating a Special on the second hit. Heavy Blade is not as reliable on Enemy Phase though if you are using Death Blow. You can also try using Brazen Atk/Def for consistency on both phases, but his first round performance is going to be shit, so that might not be a good trade off depending on your playstyle.

1 hour ago, D4RTH said:

Which IV's here:

1. Exalted Chrom -       (+HP/-RES) OR (+ATK/-SPD)?
  2. Noire -                        (+RES/-DEF) OR (+SPD/-ATK)?

Atm, I've gone with the former for each, as the Atk/Spd banes don't appeal to me usually. However, I ask in these cases, as Exalted Chrom can be utilized on the enemy phase anyway and Noire could likely do more with the SPD boon (Regardless of the -Atk  bane). Exalted Chrom will see some Arena play, though Noire likely won't.

I am using my phone so I do not really want to use the calculator as that will heat it up too much. You probably want to double check the calculator just to be sure.

I am assuming you are talking about Chrom: Knight Exalt and not Chrom: Exalted Prince, although both are pretty slow anyways so I do not think it matters. Dumping his Spd is fine in my opinion if you are going for an Enemy Phase build. If you are using for Player Phase, he will need a lot of Spd stacking and buffs to double. Since you do not have a +Spd one, I am not sure if going Player Phase is worth it in my opinion.

For Noire, I lean towards +Res too, but do check the calculator, since +Spd is such a good boon. If you are running Brave Bow, +Res is better. If you are keeping her default bow, then you really need to check.

9 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Available IVs:
+Atk/-HP
+Atk/-Def
+Res/-HP
+Spd/-Def
+Spd/-HP

If you have a -Spd version, I'd go with that instead. She gets doubled by pretty much every competent tome user out there already, and it helps her charge her Special.

I'd run [+Atk, -Def] or [+Atk, -HP] if those are your only options, but I'd rather lean towards [+Def, -Spd] to make her a mixed tank (33 Def, 34 Res with Def refine) or [+Res, -Spd] to make her a dedicated magic tank (41 Res with Res refine). Slaying Lance is preferred to land Glacies on the second counterattack.

If you're running Berkut's Lance, [+Atk, -Spd] is probably better to make up for the reduced damage from running Iceberg instead of Glacies.

I think I need some help with my Summer!Innes, he is +Spd -Def

What can be the best for him?

I was thinking in refine the flag to def to patch him a bit  and I already give him Luna, now about skill slots I was thinking in this:

1 -  Flashing Blade, Desperation (I still have a spare Mia) + Iote seal

2- Fury, Renewal + Iote seal

3- Shield and Def+3, one of them skill and the other from seal

4- Brazen Atk/Def (when I get another 4* Ares), Desperation

Or are there a better option for him?

8 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I was thinking in refine the flag to def to patch him a bit  and I already give him Luna, now about skill slots I was thinking in this:

That's pretty good. You're not going to really use him for arena since I'm assuming this'll be your only copy of him. Though he can help out in PvE

For his builds. You don't need to patch up his defense as his physical bulk is decent enough with -def. You haven't any need invest much in him. Just slap on fury or LaD and give his axe a attack refinement. Sturdy Blow is also fine. His def feint is basically +7 damage when you get it to proc and a A skill that boosts your offensive capabilities really complements this B skill well. His C skill can be whatever buff you want it to be. Drive, spur, etc.

18 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I’d recommend going something like Beach Banner+ (Spd refine)/Support Skill/Luna or Moonbow/Fury/Desperation/C Slot of your choice 

A lot of the options are just odd skill combos. Plus, the first skill set isn’t possible 

26 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

That's pretty good. You're not going to really use him for arena since I'm assuming this'll be your only copy of him. Though he can help out in PvE

For his builds. You don't need to patch up his defense as his physical bulk is decent enough with -def. You haven't any need invest much in him. Just slap on fury or LaD and give his axe a attack refinement. Sturdy Blow is also fine. His def feint is basically +7 damage when you get it to proc and a A skill that boosts your offensive capabilities really complements this B skill well. His C skill can be whatever buff you want it to be. Drive, spur, etc.

I would love to get another of him, but I'm not trying because I'm probably not gonna summon another Innes. I'll try later when he return on a legendary banner. Maybe goona chose Fury, since I don't have LaD at hand

25 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I’d recommend going something like Beach Banner+ (Spd refine)/Support Skill/Luna or Moonbow/Fury/Desperation/C Slot of your choice 

A lot of the options are just odd skill combos. Plus, the first skill set isn’t possible 

Oh shooooot you're right! never notice that skill can't be given to fliers and ponys... darn, that Mia is just taking space in my castle and I don't have any infantry to use that skills (thanks my -spd infantry luck) :/

Edited by SniperGYS

6 hours ago, XRay said:

I assume she is mostly used to counter mages, so I would go with [+Atk/Res, -Def]. Florina is pretty slow, so I do not think it is worth it to give her +Spd. Between +Atk and +Res, I recommend checking her match ups against high threat mages that you face in the calculator. I lean towards +Res since since she could activate Moonbow for additional damage, but if you need her to specifically tank bulkier mages then +Atk may make more sense.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you have a -Spd version, I'd go with that instead. She gets doubled by pretty much every competent tome user out there already, and it helps her charge her Special.

I'd run [+Atk, -Def] or [+Atk, -HP] if those are your only options, but I'd rather lean towards [+Def, -Spd] to make her a mixed tank (33 Def, 34 Res with Def refine) or [+Res, -Spd] to make her a dedicated magic tank (41 Res with Res refine). Slaying Lance is preferred to land Glacies on the second counterattack.

If you're running Berkut's Lance, [+Atk, -Spd] is probably better to make up for the reduced damage from running Iceberg instead of Glacies.

Appears that the only -Spd Florina I have is indeed +Atk/-Spd. I may wait for a +Def/-Spd one in the meantime since it may be a long while before I actually try building her; I'm more focused on building my Arena armors and considering 5*'ing Fir (+Spd/-Def or +Spd/-HP?), especially if I can get ahold of 1 or 2 Hectors. I'm intrigued by the idea of making Fir like a pseudo-Ayra/Mia/Karla with Moonbow, DC, Wrath, and Def Ploy.

still wrapping my head around how to make Odin good. Not just usable, but good. Maybe if I go the same route as my Boey in a Tactics buff Team as an enemy phase unit using Litrblade... hm he is still too squishy even if I pick a boon in RES or DEF.

wtf do people do with Odin!!!?!?!?!

45 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Odin has a lot of problems. His Atk stat (22) is closest to Azama (21), Felicia (23), Henry (23), Ninian (24), and Wrys (24).

• Azama can rely on Pain+ for consistent damage or Gravity+ for support.
  • Felicia has a high Res stat that can power Iceberg or Glacies and a low HP stat that allows her to benefit from Infantry Pulse.
  • Henry has a high Def stat that can power Bonfire or Ignis and also allows him to tank extremely well with Close Counter and Raudhrowl.
  • Ninian dances. She's the only melee unit in this bunch, meaning she can run Warding Breath and Glacies to actually deal damage.
  • Wrys can also rely on Pain+ or Gravity+ and has a massive Res stat to also provide Ploy support.

Odin has a lot of HP and good Spd, but middling values in both Def and Res. Which means

• His high HP means he's difficult to use with Infantry Pulse, which significantly restricts his potential teammates.
  • His decent Spd means he can't use a 3-charge Special skill without a source of Special charge acceleration, and he needs two sources to do so when running Blarblade.
  • Running Tactics means he can only have one stack of Infantry Pulse maximum and that Infantry Pulse will be for him and only him.
  • His mediocre Def means he can't effectively use Bonfire or Ignis without significant buffs.
  • His mediocre Res means he can't effectively use Iceberg or Glacies without significant buffs.
  • Being ranged means he can't use Steady Breath or Warding Breath.
  • Wrath is also not possible.
  • Yeah, he sucks.

I'd honestly just run him with Blarblade, Triangle Adept, and Swordbreaker or R Tomebreaker.

Or you can babysit him heavily and run a Close Counter Blarowl build and just give him as many buffs as you possibly can (but he'll do worse than Robin built the exact same way).

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

still wrapping my head around how to make Odin good. Not just usable, but good. Maybe if I go the same route as my Boey in a Tactics buff Team as an enemy phase unit using Litrblade... hm he is still too squishy even if I pick a boon in RES or DEF.

I hoard him for fodder since everyone loves Moonbow.

I would turn him into a Raven mage for Arena Assault if I have enough of him, so usable is the best I can make out of him.

Odin 4*+10 [+Atk, -HP]
Blárraven, Luna
Triangle Adept 3, Bowbreaker 3

That build should be able to counter pimped out LA!Roy and BH!Lyn running Brave Bows. Attack +3 Sacred Seal (or some kind of buff from allies) and Moonbow would be used instead if he needs to counter archers not running Brave Bow.

If you are going 5*+10, then you can just run Moonbow without any Sacred Seals to counter both Brave and non Brave archers.

I recently pulled a +Atk/-Def Clair and I've been thinking of promoting her to deal with armors and horses in AA. I have a +Spd/-Def one as well but before I spend the feathers, which one is considered better? On one hand, +Atk is a superboon but +Spd also helps with her weapon refinement. Thoughts?

In a similar fashion, I also a +Atk/-Def Felicia in addition to another one being +Spd/-Def. Will likely to just give her Fury & Desperation. Is the extra speed for more follow up attacks worth more points in attack? 

2 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I recently pulled a +Atk/-Def Clair and I've been thinking of promoting her to deal with armors and horses in AA. I have a +Spd/-Def one as well but before I spend the feathers, which one is considered better? On one hand, +Atk is a superboon but +Spd also helps with her weapon refinement. Thoughts?

In a similar fashion, I also a +Atk/-Def Felicia in addition to another one being +Spd/-Def. Will likely to just give her Fury & Desperation. Is the extra speed for more follow up attacks worth more points in attack? 

+Atk/-Def Clair is likely better since it's a superboon and therefore allows her Rhomphaia's dual effectiveness to scale a bit more for more damage.

For Felicia, I'd say +Spd/-Def as there are very speedy mages around (the most prominent ones being Nino and Ishtar). At the very least, the extra speed can prevent doubles. Plus, her plate with the effect refinement allows her to more easily charge up specials to blow up mages.

For Fir, which bane is better (assuming +Spd): -Def or -HP? HP is a superbane. I intend for Fir to run the DC+Wrath setup.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Any decent suggestions for flier Nino/Tana's B Skills other than Desperation? I don't particularly object to it, just curious.

(Nino's default Aerobatics won't work, I'm planning on running them with a more predominately flier base.)

2 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

21 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

+Atk/-Def Clair is likely better since it's a superboon and therefore allows her Rhomphaia's dual effectiveness to scale a bit more for more damage.

The super boon isn't the reason to use +Atk Clair. The actually meaningful reasons to use +Atk on Clair are

1. Clair's Atk stat is pretty terrible and can use all the help that it can get.
  2. Rhomphaia's primary perk is its effective damage, which scales off of your Atk stat.
  3. Her Atk stat with +Atk and Rhomphaia is even. Instead of gaining the usual +4 (even neutral to odd +Atk) or +5 (odd neutral to even +Atk) Atk, she gains +6 Atk.

+Spd has comparable or better performance at higher merges, though, especially against reds, mostly due to the absurd Spd that the fastest red units have.

10 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Any decent suggestions for flier Nino/Tana's B Skills other than Desperation? I don't particularly object to it, just curious.

(Nino's default Aerobatics won't work, I'm planning on running them with a more predominately flier base.)

If you don't have the resources for a Chill skill or Def/Res Link, there's Dull Ranged, which is sufficiently functional at level 2 from 4-star male Morgan.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+Spd has comparable or better performance at higher merges, though, especially against reds, mostly due to the absurd Spd that the fastest red units have.

Is it the same for Caeda? +Atk for lower merges, +Spd for higher merges? Or are the greens less speedy in general than the reds, and thus +Spd would be excessive?

14 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Tana can just keep Renewal alongside Atk/Spd Push, since running Desperation means replacing her A-slot with Fury or Swift Sparrow. Nino's alternatives are generally going to be expensive skills, unless you run something more unusual like Wings of Mercy to catch people out.

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Nino's alternatives are generally going to be expensive skills, unless you run something more unusual like Wings of Mercy to catch people out.

...I don't expect her to be on a Defence team...

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which Red Tome Flier to put on my flier team. My ToD!Nowi has a pretty good IV with +Atk/-Hp but my S!Tana has a lot less than optimal with +HP/-Spd, with IV it puts there stats at

ToD!Nowi  31/HP 37/Atk 32/Spd 20/Def 27/Res.

S!Tana 39/HP 33/Atk 33/Spd 20/Def /25/Res.

The other fliers of the team are currently Bladetome WF!Nino (neutral), F!Morgan going for ranged tank(+Hp/-Atk) (Hoping to switch her out for S!Corrin when she comes back) and WoF!Hinoka going for Bravebow or anti-armor (+atk/-hp). Thanks for any input.

31 minutes ago, XandaXiloscient said:

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which Red Tome Flier to put on my flier team. My ToD!Nowi has a pretty good IV with +Atk/-Hp but my S!Tana has a lot less than optimal with +HP/-Spd, with IV it puts there stats at

The other fliers of the team are currently Bladetome WF!Nino (neutral), F!Morgan going for ranged tank(+Hp/-Atk) (Hoping to switch her out for S!Corrin when she comes back) and WoF!Hinoka going for Bravebow or anti-armor (+atk/-hp). Thanks for any input.

While the biased side of me would tell you to go Tana, I would say to go Nowi. She is a good hard hitter, and if not for that, she has the elusive skill of hone fliers, which is only available on three 5 star exclusive units, Nowi included 

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

she has the elusive skill of hone fliers, which is only available on three 5 star exclusive units, Nowi included 

I do have a spare ToD!Nowi for Hone Fliers fodder (thought it would be better than 1 merge) but I was planning on doing 2 Hone 2 Fortify so all 3 of the blade fliers get max buffs But I could just inherit hone into one of my other fliers.

9 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

For Fir, which bane is better (assuming +Spd): -Def or -HP? HP is a superbane. I intend for Fir to run the DC+Wrath setup.

If her primary opponents are mages, I would go with one shot builds and use [+Atk, -Def] instead. I prefer -Def to keep her magic bulk.

Fir +Atk, -Def
Nameless Blade [special], Moonbow
Distant Counter, Wrath
Attack +3
Magical Ranged Enemies +5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury
Enemy Phase 66:2:10
Enemy Phase [+Spd] 60:2:16

Fir +Atk, -Def
Nameless Blade [special], Luna
Distant Counter, Wrath
Quickened Pulse
Magical Ranged Enemies +5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury
Enemy Phase 68:2:8
Enemy Phase [+Spd] 64:2:12

1 hour ago, XandaXiloscient said:

If you have a spare Faye, I highly recommend giving Hinoka Firesweep Bow to completely shutdown counter attacks. Running an all ranged nuclear team is fun, but it can be really frustrating if you happen to come across an enemy team with multiple Nowis and/or FH!Robins with insanely bulky builds designed to stomach two hits.

Between SA!Tana and TOD!Nowi, I lean towards SA!Tana for her slightly higher Spd.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

If her primary opponents are mages, I would go with one shot builds and use [+Atk, -Def] instead. I prefer -Def to keep her magic bulk.

And what about for general usage (mainly PvE or Arena and fighting both physical and magical attackers)?