"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

'banny is indecisive AF' question time again...

So I've got enough feathers to upgrade one of my three 4* > 5* candidates (still too indecisive to choose which one to do lmao) and am halfway to another 5* upgrade. Should I save for another upgrade or spend my 10k or so upgrading couple folks to 4* for inheritance fodder? Got Bartre, f!Corrin, several Pallas, and some other good stuff...

Do you have any gaping holes in your 5* lineup?

1 hour ago, sdgj1994 said:

So I've been doing some summoning in the spring banner and was fortunate enough to summon Spring Xander, his IVs were +HP -Res. I've trained him up a lot and used skill inheritance on him a fair bit too. Then I go summoning in the banner again, and ANOTHER Spring Xander shows up! This one's IVs are +Atk -HP. So I would merge these two Xanders but which one has the better IV set? It sounds like the +Atk one is better as he hits harder but then again Spring Xander is a bit of a tank so +HP may not be so bad either. And then the +HP one has used skill inheritance too, so I'd have to wait for an update to give those skills onto the +Atk Xander... some guidance would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Wait until the next update before combining anyone.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sdgj1994 said:

So I've been doing some summoning in the spring banner and was fortunate enough to summon Spring Xander, his IVs were +HP -Res. I've trained him up a lot and used skill inheritance on him a fair bit too. Then I go summoning in the banner again, and ANOTHER Spring Xander shows up! This one's IVs are +Atk -HP. So I would merge these two Xanders but which one has the better IV set? It sounds like the +Atk one is better as he hits harder but then again Spring Xander is a bit of a tank so +HP may not be so bad either. And then the +HP one has used skill inheritance too, so I'd have to wait for an update to give those skills onto the +Atk Xander... some guidance would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

+Atk by a landslide. Both Xander's attack and speed are very poor, so he wants all the attack he can get. Defensive stats aren't as relevant on him because green ranged units are increasingly becoming more common, which make quick work of him regardless. Also, the +Atk variant adds one more point to his rating at level 40, which will give you a higher arena score, if marginally so.

That said, don't merge either Xander yet until the April update comes, as merging now will cause you to permanently lose any skills that were inherited onto your +HP Xander.

43 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Do you have any gaping holes in your 5* lineup?

Wait until the next update before combining anyone.

yeah, greens. Marth, Leo, Abel, and a!Tiki are my 5* roster, but for my team setup I usual run some combination of Kagero, m!Robin, Nino, and Olivia over Leo and a!Tiki... Nino is the obvious choice, being green, but Olivia and Serra are my only real options for buffing until I start having my other main squad inherit buffs (which I'm also being indecisive about lol), and Nino actually does pretty well even at 4* with LaD2 and Desperation so far... Kagero and Robin on the other hand have had their performance flagging in the higher levels of arena play / 10th training tower level and such. TA3 and QuickRip 1 have actually helped Robin's performance be substantially better lately, so I've been strongly considering him, but I'm just an indecisive bitch lol. Part of me is like 'but they're good like this, upgrade the ones who REALLY need the help' =w= (I'm also raising an Atk+/Res- 4* Cherche who also seems like a promising promotion option eventually provided I can get her with some of those good/expensive skills... but... ehh... maybe that's more of a long-term investment... ;; )

Also, Robin has favoritism going for him, but is Def+/Spd-, so that's... mm... (DOES let him activate Bonfire easier (and make it stronger) via QuickRip when attacked by people who double him so that's something... gonna get him with a breaker, probably Lance since Abel handles swords just fine, eventually)

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

yeah, greens. Marth, Leo, Abel, and a!Tiki are my 5* roster, but for my team setup I usual run some combination of Kagero, m!Robin, Nino, and Olivia over Leo and a!Tiki... Nino is the obvious choice, being green, but Olivia and Serra are my only real options for buffing until I start having my other main squad inherit buffs (which I'm also being indecisive about lol), and Nino actually does pretty well even at 4* with LaD2 and Desperation so far... Kagero and Robin on the other hand have had their performance flagging in the higher levels of arena play / 10th training tower level and such. TA3 and QuickRip 1 have actually helped Robin's performance be substantially better lately, so I've been strongly considering him, but I'm just an indecisive bitch lol. Part of me is like 'but they're good like this, upgrade the ones who REALLY need the help' =w= (I'm also raising an Atk+/Res- 4* Cherche who also seems like a promising promotion option eventually provided I can get her with some of those good/expensive skills... but... ehh... maybe that's more of a long-term investment... ;; )

Also, Robin has favoritism going for him, but is Def+/Spd-, so that's... mm... (DOES let him activate Bonfire easier (and make it stronger) via QuickRip when attacked by people who double him so that's something... gonna get him with a breaker, probably Lance since Abel handles swords just fine, eventually)

You're absolutely right that Nino won't shine, unless you give a couple people in your team Hone/Fortify skills.

Honestly, I'd do a couple more pulls first.  The Spring guys fill the gaps in your roster nicely.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You're absolutely right that Nino won't shine, unless you give a couple people in your team Hone/Fortify skills.

Honestly, I'd do a couple more pulls first.  The Spring guys fill the gaps in your roster nicely.

I knowwwww but TBH I'd rather wait for regular Camilla in the wyvern VS pegasi banners T3T Either way, I gotta save up more orbs first, trying and failing to get Ninian cleaned me out ;; 

'wait it out' is always a good option, no matter the dilemma xD It's unsatisfying in the short term but helps ensure you don't regret your choice eh lol

EDIT: It just sucks that I don't have the setup to use Nino; she's hands-down the best nature of any of the units I've managed to pull (Spd+/Def-) lmao (well, and Cherche... who is less team-dependent but has farrrr more expensive skill needs). 

Edited by BANRYU

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I knowwwww but TBH I'd rather wait for regular Camilla in the wyvern VS pegasi banners T3T Either way, I gotta save up more orbs first, trying and failing to get Ninian cleaned me out ;; 

'wait it out' is always a good option, no matter the dilemma xD It's unsatisfying in the short term but helps ensure you don't regret your choice eh lol

EDIT: It just sucks that I don't have the setup to use Nino; she's hands-down the best nature of any of the units I've managed to pull (Spd+/Def-) lmao (well, and Cherche... who is less team-dependent but has farrrr more expensive skill needs). 

You'd have to spend feathers to pass the appropriate skills to your team anyway.  Still, I think your roster would benefit greatly from the Spring festival.  Literally anyone would be a massive boon.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You'd have to spend feathers to pass the appropriate skills to your team anyway.  Still, I think your roster would benefit greatly from the Spring festival.  Literally anyone would be a massive boon.

Mm. Noted. I'll consider it, thankies! xwx

So for next weeks arena line up I have this team set up 

I have

Catria +8 (+spd/-def) with Killer lance + Draw back Luna with Triangle adept Drag back savage blow

Sanaki +3 (+atk/-res) Raven Tome + Harsh command Triangle Adept Swordbreaker Hone attack

Hector Neutral with Armads Swap Pavise Distant Counter Dragback Threaten Attack

Then for the bonus unit next week I wan to use Spring Camilla 

Srping Camilla +5 (+atk/-spd) Raven tome + Rally Attack Triangle Adept (no other skills on her atm due to lacking the abilities I want to put on her like green tome breaker or lance breaker) 

Any thoughts on this team?? Should there be any changes to the abilities or roster? Like Brave lance on Catria? though that would take another 750 sp worth of grinding which idk if i want to do xD.

48 minutes ago, Shiro said:

So for next weeks arena line up I have this team set up 

I have

Catria +8 (+spd/-def) with Killer lance + Draw back Luna with Triangle adept Drag back savage blow

Sanaki +3 (+atk/-res) Raven Tome + Harsh command Triangle Adept Swordbreaker Hone attack

Hector Neutral with Armads Swap Pavise Distant Counter Dragback Threaten Attack

Then for the bonus unit next week I wan to use Spring Camilla 

Srping Camilla +5 (+atk/-spd) Raven tome + Rally Attack Triangle Adept (no other skills on her atm due to lacking the abilities I want to put on her like green tome breaker or lance breaker) 

Any thoughts on this team?? Should there be any changes to the abilities or roster? Like Brave lance on Catria? though that would take another 750 sp worth of grinding which idk if i want to do xD.

> you
> out of resources

Does not compute. :P:

If I could put anything on that Camilla, it would be G Tomebreaker over Lancebreaker.  With Triangle Adept, she should be doing a hell of a lot of damage to blues, and Julia is irritating.

15 hours ago, eclipse said:

Corrin - Not his best combo by far, but I think it can be salvaged.  You can either attempt to GO FAST with Yato and give him Life and Death, tank with Fury, or shrug and give him something like Death Blow to make up for that bane.  Yato is what saves him, IMO - 36 speed on player phase is respectable.

Nowi - Again, not the absolute best, but she can work with it.  You can do the usual Swordbreaker cheese, or massage her into some other build.

Thanks for this. They will probably be in the back burner since I don't have a lot of resources. If their iv were more likeable i would probably have switched them around in my current team.

Another question I got. I just summoned and got spring xander with -hp / +def. Is that better than a 4* effie with -atk/+hp?

I've managed to pick up a pair of 4* Cordelias. One is +Atk, -Spd, while the other is +Spd, -Hp. I know attack is king for Brave users, but she actually has a decent speed stat. Would the +Spd one be better, especially if I give her say, Darting Blow or Life and Death?

1 minute ago, ScarletSylph said:

Thanks for this. They will probably be in the back burner since I don't have a lot of resources. If their iv were more likeable i would probably have switched them around in my current team.

Another question I got. I just summoned and got spring xander with -hp / +def. Is that better than a 4* effie with -atk/+hp?

Man, your boon/bane combos almost rival mine. . . :(:

Anyway, Effie minus a few points in sky-high attack is still a wall with Wary Fighter and a bone to pick with just about everyone.  Spring Xander would need a ton of inheritance, and I wouldn't run him outside of a full horse team otherwise.  Unless you have no other bonus heroes for the next season, I'd stick with Effie.

Just now, Eridras said:

I've managed to pick up a pair of 4* Cordelias. One is +Atk, -Spd, while the other is +Spd, -Hp. I know attack is king for Brave users, but she actually has a decent speed stat. Would the +Spd one be better, especially if I give her say, Darting Blow or Life and Death?

Life or Death is a maybe, and I'd consider it on the +Atk one.  Darting Blow doesn't help on enemy phase, where Cordelia's lower speed ends up biting her hard.

5 minutes ago, Eridras said:

+Spd Cord has 38 at 5 stars. 33 with brave lance. But! The big B-U-T!

With Fury you get +3 in all stats which would give her a clean 36 at the end of the day. Darting blow is okay, but it's either Fury or Life and Death. And make sure you take that +spd.

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Life or Death is a maybe, and I'd consider it on the +Atk one.  Darting Blow doesn't help on enemy phase, where Cordelia's lower speed ends up biting her hard.

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

+Spd Cord has 38 at 5 stars. 33 with brave lance. But! The big B-U-T!

With Fury you get +3 in all stats which would give her a clean 36 at the end of the day. Darting blow is okay, but it's either Fury or Life and Death. And make sure you take that +spd.

One vote for each thus far. Thanks for the advice!  

I thought about Darting Blow mainly because it'd let her quad quite a few neutral-speed characters.  I know she likely wouldn't need that many hits to kill most targets, but it's a nice thing to shoot for. 

As for survival, I'm thinking that Drag Back on my Cherche has worked wonders, and the game has seen fit to gift me with many Donnels. 

Edited by Eridras

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Man, your boon/bane combos almost rival mine. . . :(:

Anyway, Effie minus a few points in sky-high attack is still a wall with Wary Fighter and a bone to pick with just about everyone.  Spring Xander would need a ton of inheritance, and I wouldn't run him outside of a full horse team otherwise.  Unless you have no other bonus heroes for the next season, I'd stick with Effie.

Yea I have the worst luck in these kind of games (but i still torture myself and play them xD)

I don't believe I have anyone else for next season besides xander. What would you suggest in a build for him if I switch him in replacing effie? I usually run a lucina, takumi, nino, effie when i do arena w/o any bonus characters. 

17 minutes ago, Eridras said:

One vote for each thus far. Thanks for the advice!  

I thought about Darting Blow mainly because it'd let her quad quite a few neutral-speed characters.  I know she likely wouldn't need that many hits to kill most targets, but it's a nice thing to shoot for. 

As for survival, I'm thinking that Drag Back on my Cherche has worked wonders, and the game has seen fit to gift me with many Donnels. 

Sorry @Arcanite, gonna have to vote against you here haha.

Cordelia is one of the faster brave weapons users out there, but in general that speed is never going to come into play often, in part due to the penalty limiting the number of enemies she can quadruple-attack and in part due to her mediocre defense.

If you do want to run a quad-attacking set, +Spd -HP is actually perfect for a Desperation build with Ardent Sacrifice taking her safely below the threshold. However, its usefulness is debatable.

Cordelia (+Spd -HP)

Brave Lance+

Life and Death 3

Desperation 3

Threaten Def 3 / Threaten Spd 3

Ardent Sacrifice

Luna

+Atk is much safer and ensures she can actually do her job, however. The big reason for this is Takumi.  Cordelia needs 51 Atk to ORKO him, and with +Atk and Death Blow she hits 52 Atk (46+6) and makes him a nice pineapple kebab. Otherwise, he OHKO's her back. Brave weapon users are naturally offensive and should never be getting counterattacked if you play correctly.

EDIT: I chose Takumi not just for the flier weakness, but as a defensive benchmark for the units Cordelia can ORKO, ignoring weapon advantage. Keep in mind that +Def puts Takumi at 29 Def, which necessitates the original attack value of 51 to KO.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Yea I have the worst luck in these kind of games (but i still torture myself and play them xD)

I don't believe I have anyone else for next season besides xander. What would you suggest in a build for him if I switch him in replacing effie? I usually run a lucina, takumi, nino, effie when i do arena w/o any bonus characters. 

Hmmm.  The issue is that you'd need to do a ton of skill inheritance to make Xander work.  His natural Atk is Subaki levels of bad.  You'd probably need to do something like Silver or Killer Lance+/Bonfire/Fury/a breaker skill/Fortify Defense for this to work.

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

+Atk is much safer and ensures she can actually do her job, however. The big reason for this is Takumi.  Cordelia needs 51 Atk to ORKO him, and with +Atk and Death Blow she hits 52 Atk (46+6) and makes him a nice pineapple kebab. Otherwise, he OHKO's her back. Brave weapon users are naturally offensive and should never be getting counterattacked if you play correctly.

Many thanks for the comment, that +Spd build you shared was something I'd been considering as I brainstormed ideas.

However, I'm not seeing the need for 51 Atk to ORKO Takumi, as with a Def boon he'd have 29 Def and at best 40 HP, meaning she'd only need 49 Atk to take him out. If you'd factored in HP AND Def boons, then 51 Atk would be needed.

By the way, does anyone else have this issue where Cordelia(or any other character) just blends in with other characters?  I can never find her in the character list screen, even when I'm staring her in the face.  It always takes a few extra seconds to locate her.

Edited by Eridras
Spelling.

7 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

What type of buff is the best in this case? Res or Atk? I have a Linde so she can buff the Res, for attack I would need to run Olivia or Sharena I think

Sharena should be good enough. Though you might as well tag Olivia along if you somehow need her dance utility.

45 minutes ago, Eridras said:

Many thanks for the comment, that +Spd build you shared was something I'd been considering as I brainstormed ideas.

However, I'm not seeing the need for 51 Atk to ORKO Takumi, as with a Def boon he'd have 29 Def and at best 40 HP, meaning she'd only need 49 Atk to take him out. If you'd factored in HP AND Def boons, then 51 Atk would be needed.

Oh, my bad. Thanks for catching that.

Even so, the idea of attacking 4x can be incredibly alluring (I know it is for me haha) but honestly I find it to both require setup and the proper support, which seems inefficient to me, whereas the +Atk set requires no maitenance and does exactly what it's purposed for. Also, the +Spd set is still stuck at 38 speed, which doesn't double +Spd Takumi and leaves Cordelia vulnerable to getting OHKO'd on the counter, since LaD leaves Takumi with 2 HP.

At that point, though, it becomes a matter of personal preference. If you really like it and have the resources to make the Desperation set work, I'd say go for it.

Edited by MrSmokestack

53 minutes ago, Eridras said:

By the way, does anyone else have this issue where Cordelia(or any other character) just blends in with other characters?  I can never find her in the character list screen, even when I'm staring her in the face.  It always takes a few extra seconds to locate her.

Well this is a question so it deserves an answer.

Yes, I have this same issue. A lot of the time I'm trying to find someone and I'm like, "did I send them home?!" Then I find them and I'm happy :)

I can't imagine the accumulated time I've spent looking for a hero right in front of me.

Btw, I also want to say that Smokestack has a point, it really comes down to preference. But let's be serious, attacking 4 times is waaaaaaaay more xexy than attacking twice.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

> you
> out of resources

Does not compute. :P:

Wait what doesnt make sense? and yes i agree green tome breaker makes most sense since i have hector. 

31 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Wait what doesnt make sense? and yes i agree green tome breaker makes most sense since i have hector. 

After all the pulls you did, I'm surprised that you're out of resources!

28 minutes ago, eclipse said:

After all the pulls you did, I'm surprised that you're out of resources!

Out of sp is more like it.... I for most of my heroes i have all their base skills and you only get 120 per merge. I am not low on inherit skills though I have had to sacrifice a high amount of 5*s which was painful x.x

I have some questions.

- I have a 4* Robin with +Res/-Spd IVs, and I'm thinking on passing Bonfire to Michalis. Should I keep Robin or pass the skill?

- I'll transfer Blarblade to Ursula, but I currently have 3* and 4* Odins, so I also have access to Moonbow. Should I transfer Moonbow to Ursula? And should I unlock the 4* Odin potential so I can get Blarblade+?