"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

15 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Just so I know for the future, what's the best generic build for a Godsword right now: Vital Astra or Godlike Reflexes + Atk/Spd Finish 4 + Spurn 4 (or Velocity 4 when that happens) + Incite Atk/Spd or Atk/Spd Oath 4?

Atk/Spd Finish 4 can be replaced with Distant A/S Solo or Atk/Spd Prime 4 if the unit's weapon (or teammates) can grant enough visible Bonuses if you need Distant Counter.

Atk/Spd Pledge is required if you're running Godlike Reflexes and the unit's weapon doesn't grant +1 Special charge rate. Otherwise, run Atk/Spd Oath 4 or Incite Atk/Spd.

Time's Pulse 4 is required if you're running Vital Astra, the unit's weapon doesn't grant the same effect, and you need Vital Astra's secondary effect to be active.

15 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

And while I don't have the fodder to spare to make this happen yet, B!Eirika's best build at the moment is Atk/Spd Clash 4 (or Flared Sparrow) + Moonlight Bangle + Incite Atk/Spd, right?

The A slot can take any of Surge Sparrow, Flared Sparrow, or Atk/Spd Clash 4 depending on what you need. Surge Sparrow grants sustain. Flared Sparrow deals the most damage. Atk/Spd Clash 4 grants the most Spd, nullifies stat penalties, and is active on both phases.

Atk/Spd Catch 4 is an alternative to Atk/Spd Clash 4 if you're using Grand Strategy and need a skill that is active on both phases.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Attuned Nino's skills are all pretty darn restrictive on who can inherit them. Who are some good units to give them to?

Flash Sparrow + Spd/Def Tempo 4 + Fleeting Echo is a decent skill combination for infantry bows and daggers that don't already have Flash Sparrow's and Fleeting Echo's secondary effects on their weapon. Ideally, the unit should also have Null Follow-Up on their weapon, but that's not strictly necessary since it's possible to get it from team support or the Sacred Seal slot.

Dagger units running Lethality with these skills ideally want the Slaying effect on their weapon and either Time's Pulse or Infantry Pulse 4 in their C slot to allow them to land Lethality on enemies that can't counterattack or can counterattack and have Tempo.

Bow units running Deadeye only need one of the Slaying effect, Time's Pulse, or Infantry Pulse 4.

Flash Sparrow + Fleeting Echo works on builds with Arcane Eclipse (or any other tome with the Slaying effect and without +1 Special charge rate) + Flare.

If you're okay with just foddering Fleeting Echo on its own, it's most valuable on fast cavalry and fliers since it allows you to run Flared Sparrow instead of Remote Sparrow.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Would base Nino or Lilina make any use out of them?

If you're using Iris's Tome, Nino can run Flash Sparrow + Fleeting Echo with Ruptured Sky. If you're using Arcane Caliburnus, she doesn't need Flash Sparrow.

Lilina doesn't really have the Spd stat to consistently activate Flash Sparrow. The damage reduction from Fleeting Echo is nice, but she doesn't gain much from the Spd boost and would rather wait for an Atk version of the skill.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Atk/Spd Finish 4 can be replaced with Distant A/S Solo or Atk/Spd Prime 4 if the unit's weapon (or teammates) can grant enough visible Bonuses if you need Distant Counter.

Atk/Spd Pledge is required if you're running Godlike Reflexes and the unit's weapon doesn't grant +1 Special charge rate. Otherwise, run Atk/Spd Oath 4 or Incite Atk/Spd.

Time's Pulse 4 is required if you're running Vital Astra, the unit's weapon doesn't grant the same effect, and you need Vital Astra's secondary effect to be active.

The A slot can take any of Surge Sparrow, Flared Sparrow, or Atk/Spd Clash 4 depending on what you need. Surge Sparrow grants sustain. Flared Sparrow deals the most damage. Atk/Spd Clash 4 grants the most Spd, nullifies stat penalties, and is active on both phases.

Atk/Spd Catch 4 is an alternative to Atk/Spd Clash 4 if you're using Grand Strategy and need a skill that is active on both phases.

Thank you very much! I should just save this comment or copy it into a text document.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're using Iris's Tome, Nino can run Flash Sparrow + Fleeting Echo with Ruptured Sky. If you're using Arcane Caliburnus, she doesn't need Flash Sparrow.

Thanks again!

I didn't expect to have to follow that question up so soon kinda, but does the new Buffer 4 make GLR more viable or no because it pre-charges it on turn 1? It's "-2 CD on turn 1" + a Spd/Def -4 debuff + Phantom Spd + 50% Dodge for those who haven't seen the new trailer. Thank you in advance!

P.S. And from the datamine:

Spoiler

It just needs Shield Pulse 3 to inherit, which makes it easier to get. We'll probably get "Buffer 3" on someone down the line though.

Edited by DefyingFates

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I didn't expect to have to follow that question up so soon kinda, but does the new Buffer 4 make GLR more viable or no because it pre-charges it on turn 1? It's "-2 CD on turn 1" + a Spd/Def -4 debuff + Phantom Spd + 50% Dodge for those who haven't seen the new trailer. Thank you in advance!

Buffer 4 doesn't really change anything. The viability of Godlike Reflexes is based on how easy it is to have it fully charged at the start of every round of combat, which currently still requires the Slaying effect and +1 Special charge rate (or a pre-combat or post-combat Pulse).

Buffer only helps with the first round of combat and not any subsequent rounds of combat, and the first round of combat was already the easiest round of combat to have it fully charged by.

Unless your first round of combat needs to be on enemy phase and you have no other means of fully charging Godlike Reflexes before that, Spurn 4 is still going to be better than Buffer 4. If Buffer 4 also had the flat damage reduction that Shield Pulse has, then this would be a different story, but it doesn't.

I'm planning on building N!Saizo as my next grail project to use in arena. Since I've got a spare Severa from this week's banner, I've been thinking on giving Saizo her kit. Would it work ok on him even if his weapon doesn't have slaying?

Fargus is also on my "to build" list, but he doesn't have the speed to run the skills...

10 hours ago, Rinco said:

I'm planning on building N!Saizo as my next grail project to use in arena. Since I've got a spare Severa from this week's banner, I've been thinking on giving Saizo her kit. Would it work ok on him even if his weapon doesn't have slaying?

Godlike Reflexes is only worth running if you can reliably have it fully charged at the start of every round of combat (other than the first round of combat if the first round of combat is on player phase).

If you can't, then it's pretty much always better to run Vital Astra (or Ruptured Sky), even if you can't reliably activate Vital Astra's Dodge effect.

There are way to do it without the Slaying effect, but unless the unit has some form of post-combat Pulse effect, they aren't really reliable. (Also, Time's Pulse 4 doesn't work because it only activates if the Special is completely uncharged at the end of combat, and Godlike Reflexes will almost always be at least partly charged.)

• 2 weeks later...

So to get ahead of this week's Hall of Forms, what builds should I look for for S!Micaiah and Elincia? Micaiah's especially hard to plan since she's a ranged cav, but right now I'm thinking something like this?

Micaiah: Ruptured Sky + Flared Mirror + [Prescience or A/R Far Trace] + Alarm Def/Res Rouse Atk/Res?

Elincia: Whitewind Bow+* + Deadeye + Flared Sparrow + A/S Far Trace (or a Flow skill) + [Soaring Guidance or Guidance 4] * I think W!Claude's bow is better for this build?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by DefyingFates
Alarm Def/Res isn't in the pool yet

14 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

So to get ahead of this week's Hall of Forms, what builds should I look for for S!Micaiah and Elincia? Micaiah's especially hard to plan since she's a ranged cav, but right now I'm thinking something like this?

Micaiah: Ruptured Sky + Flared Mirror + [Prescience or A/R Far Trace] + Alarm Def/Res Rouse Atk/Res?

Elincia: Whitewind Bow+* + Deadeye + Flared Sparrow + A/S Far Trace (or a Flow skill) + [Soaring Guidance or Guidance 4] * I think W!Claude's bow is better for this build?

Thanks in advance!

I put up my initial thoughts on builds in the general thread back when the datamine first came out. Take a look there if you want builds for the other two. I'll recap Micaiah and Elincia below with some additional thoughts:

Summer Micaiah [+Atk / +Res]
Moonlight Drop / Atlas+
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky
Still Water 4 / Fireflood Boost 3 / Remote Mirror
Sabotage A/R 3 / A/R Far Trace 3
Atk/Res Ploy 3

Unfortunately, Flared Mirror isn't in the skill pool yet, so Still Water 4 and Fireflood Boost 3 are the best options for the A slot. Still Water 4 gives her a better chance of landing Atk/Res Ploy 3 against opponents with high Res, whereas Fireflood Boost 3 gives her slightly better survivability.

Remote Mirror is an option for the A slot if you're planning to replace Prescience and aren't going to run a Remote Echo skill in the X slot (ideally the Remote Atk Echo once it's released).

Rouse 4 is garbage, and Incite isn't in the skill pool yet (and Incite Atk/Res doesn't exist yet), so Atk/Res Ploy 3 is currently the best C skill for her.

Atlas is there for novelty since there isn't any reason to not run Moonlight Drop.

Summer Elincia [+Spd]
Whitewind Bow+ [Spd]
[Assist]
Deadeye / Ruptured Sky
Flared Sparrow / Remote Sparrow / Atk/Spd Prime 4
Brash Assault 4 / Desperation 4 / Escape Route 4
Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Spd/Def Hold

Elincia already has Whitecap Bow, so there's obviously no reason to get it again. Whitewind Bow is therefore the only option in the pool worth grabbing.

Flared Sparrow is, as usual, the best offensive option for the A slot, but it does require you to run a defensive effect elsewhere, be it Arcane Nastrond or Darkbow in the weapon slot, Brash Assault 4 or Desperation 4 in the B slot, or Fleeting Echo in the X slot. Otherwise, you'll want Remote Sparrow for its damage reduction effect.

Alternatively, if you're planning on sticking with Whitewind Bow, you can run Atk/Spd Prime 4 to get a higher boost to Spd than the other options for the A slot, as Whitewind Bow and Atk/Spd Oath 4 (or an Oath Echo, but that prevents you from running a Spd boost in the X slot) grants the 3 non-stat Bonuses necessary for the full +9 Atk/Spd boost. The Close Counter effect doesn't really matter for Elincia due to her low bulk, so Prime 4 is mostly just to stack a few more points of Spd with a skill that is more reliable than Atk/Spd Catch 4.

As mentioned above, Brash Assault 4 or Desperation 4 should be run in the B slot if you aren't running a defensive effect in a different slot. Otherwise, I recommend Escape Route 4. While it comes with a worse stat boost than S/D Far Trace, Canto (1) is arguably better than Canto (Rem.).

While Spd/Def Hold grants better in-combat stat boosts and also helps teammates, Atk/Spd Oath 4 is probably the better skill in the C slot for fliers due to the fact that it opens up the X slot to run a Blow or Remote skill instead of Oath Echo and doesn't require a teammate to provide the equivalent buffs.

Which Special you want to pick for the build depends entirely on what your build is capable of activating, though if you already have the resources to give her one of the two, you might as well grab the other. Notably, if you're planning on giving her an Arcane bow, both of them come from units that already have Deadeye.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I put up my initial thoughts on builds in the general thread back when the datamine first came out.

I didn't realize HoF talk happened there, thanks for the link! It's nice Micaiah seems relatively simple to build, RNG not withstanding. I don't have any Arcane bows to spare so Elincia will be sticking with Whitewind Bow & Deadeye and the rest I'll play by ear (if I get a defensive A slot I'll choose an offensive B slot and vice versa). Is Flared Sparrow still her best option with that weapon choice?

Thanks as always, Ice!

11 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I don't have any Arcane bows to spare so Elincia will be sticking with Whitewind Bow & Deadeye and the rest I'll play by ear (if I get a defensive A slot I'll choose an offensive B slot and vice versa). Is Flared Sparrow still her best option with that weapon choice?

Flared Sparrow is the best A skill offensively regardless of her weapon. The only times you don't want to run it are if you lack a defensive effect elsewhere or if you absolutely need the additional 2 Spd from Prime 4.

If you're running Whitewind Bow and Deadeye, you ideally want to have Flared Sparrow in the A slot and Brash Assault in the B slot to use the counterattack to help charge Deadeye. Additionally, you'll want to run her with a teammate that grants +1 Special charge rate, like Legendary Hinoka or Thorr.

If you do ever end up getting access to Arcane Nastrond or Darkbow (or plan to do so eventually), this is probably what you'll want to aim for:

Arcane Nastrond is always going to run Deadeye over Ruptured Sky. If you have a teammate that grants +1 Special charge rate, you can run Desperation 4 in the B slot. Otherwise, you can run Brash Assault 4, Escape Route 4, or Assassin's Strike (not yet in Hall of Forms).

Arcane Darkbow can only run Deadeye if you have a teammate that grants +1 Special charge rate. Otherwise, you're going to have to run Ruptured Sky. Since Desperation 4 is pointless with Arcane Darkbow, the only options for the B slot are Brash Assault 4, Escape Route 4, and Assassin's Strike. However, it's worth noting that Brash Assault 4 is unable to use its Ice Mirror effect and it can be difficult to safely take damage to activate Escape Route 4's Canto effect when using Arcane Darkbow.

On 12/21/2023 at 2:27 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Flared Sparrow is the best A skill offensively regardless of her weapon. The only times you don't want to run it are if you lack a defensive effect elsewhere or if you absolutely need the additional 2 Spd from Prime 4.

If you're running Whitewind Bow and Deadeye, you ideally want to have Flared Sparrow in the A slot and Brash Assault in the B slot to use the counterattack to help charge Deadeye. Additionally, you'll want to run her with a teammate that grants +1 Special charge rate, like Legendary Hinoka or Thorr.

Thank you so much, I'll keep this in mind!

On 12/22/2023 at 6:02 AM, DefyingFates said:

Thank you so much, I'll keep this in mind!

Hall of Forms has graciously reminded me that Seal Spd 4 is also an option for Elincia if you plan on keeping Whitecap Bow on her and aren't running Spd penalties on the team.

On 12/23/2023 at 12:55 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Hall of Forms has graciously reminded me that Seal Spd 4 is also an option for Elincia if you plan on keeping Whitecap Bow on her and aren't running Spd penalties on the team.

Thank you for thinking of me! I currently have Ruptured Sky, Fireflood and Def/Res Ploy on Micaiah so I may switch to building Elincia if you think that's a good stopping point, or should I keep pushing for Atk/Res Ploy and Still Water? Thanks again!

Update: I got Still Water 4 for Micaiah, but should I keep going for Sabotage A/R 3? Thanks again - again!

Update 2: I decided to train Elincia and got Sabotage A/R 3 on her. Twice (with only one round without in between). Then when I went back to Micaiah I got Flared Sparrow. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Edited by DefyingFates

On 12/23/2023 at 4:35 PM, DefyingFates said:

Thank you for thinking of me! I currently have Ruptured Sky, Fireflood and Def/Res Ploy on Micaiah so I may switch to building Elincia if you think that's a good stopping point, or should I keep pushing for Atk/Res Ploy and Still Water? Thanks again!

Update: I got Still Water 4 for Micaiah, but should I keep going for Sabotage A/R 3? Thanks again - again!

Update 2: I decided to train Elincia and got Sabotage A/R 3 on her. Twice (with only one round without in between). Then when I went back to Micaiah I got Flared Sparrow. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If you're planning on grabbing both, then it's probably best to try for "good enough" on both before optimizing.

Sabotage A/R on Micaiah is lower priority if you're planning on keeping Prescience.

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're planning on grabbing both, then it's probably best to try for "good enough" on both before optimizing.

Sabotage A/R on Micaiah is lower priority if you're planning on keeping Prescience.

"Good enough" is why I started on Elincia but as I said, getting Sabotage A/R almost twice in a row was what set me off. Micaiah has everything except it while Elincia still needs a good B skill and Whitewind Bow, so I guess I'll focus on her for the time being? We'll see how it goes. Best of luck, everyone!

Update: Elincia now has Whitewind Bow+, Deadeye, Flared Sparrow, S/D Far Trace and Spd/Def Hold, so I'm going to focus on Micaiah and come back for a better B Skill later. Again, best of luck, everyone!!!

Edited by DefyingFates

5 minutes ago, Valolaire said:

I'm trying to build a Yune and I just want another's input on this:

Is it worth replacing Chaos Named+ with the new super ploy skill for the C slot?

If you can get it for free (from Hall of Forms), there's no reason not to.

Otherwise, it depends.

Chaos Named+

• Pros:
    • Yune gets this by default. No skill fodder needed.
    • No stat comparison. Doesn't require skills in other slots to boost your visible stats.
    • Strong in game modes and maps where enemies cluster together where you can more easily land all 4 stat penalties on the entire team.
    • Panic is useful in game modes and maps where opponents run stat bonuses.
    • Panic pairs well with Yune's weapon effect, as Panicked stat bonuses also count towards it (even when reversed by Unity or Grand Strategy).
  • Cons:
    • Little to no control over what gets hit if enemies don't stay together.
    • Panic is severely detrimental to you if the opponent runs Unity or has Grand Strategy.

Tier-4 Ploy

• Pros:
    • Ploy status effect is strong in game modes where you expect the opponent to use units that grant Bonus Doubler, Treachery, or Grand Strategy.
    • Exposure is good for breaking walls.
  • Cons:
    • Requires a Res comparison. You'll want to spend resources to run either Fortress Def/Res 3 or Still Water 4 in the A slot to boost your chances of hitting enemies with high Res.
    • Applies stat penalties to only 2 stats at a time. You need to run 2 units with complementary skills in order to hit all 4 stats.
    • Skill fodder is expensive, as neither Atk/Res Ploy 3 nor Def/Res Ploy 3 are available from the standard summoning pool.

On 12/20/2023 at 7:35 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Summer Elincia [+Spd]
Whitewind Bow+ [Spd]
[Assist]
Deadeye / Ruptured Sky
Flared Sparrow / Remote Sparrow / Atk/Spd Prime 4
Brash Assault 4 / Desperation 4 / Escape Route 4
Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Spd/Def Hold

I have Spd/Def Hold but just got Soaring Guidance as an option. Should I make the switch? Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I have Spd/Def Hold but just got Soaring Guidance as an option. Should I make the switch? Thanks in advance!

Soaring Guidance is generally only optimal on support units (and units you're using in Aether Raids defense) because it doesn't directly help its user at all. If you're fine losing a bit of combat performance to get greater mobility (and conditional Null Follow-Up) for the rest of your team, it's fine to take it, especially because it's hard to come by, but otherwise, Spd/Def Hold or Atk/Spd Oath 4 are going to be better.

I've inherited this new Kana's breath on R!Grima, but as she loses the slaying from her arcane weapon, she no longer can loop Aegis/Pavise with Hardy Fighter. Should I just go Escutcheon/Sacred Cowl or swap special and B skill entirely?

How do the new Kanas' stones compare to Arcane Grima, has it been powercrept?

Also, while I got the optimal build for S!Micaiah for Elincia I got the following:

Whitewind Bow+ [Spd]
Rally Atk/Spd+
Deadeye
Flared Sparrow
S/D Far Trace 3
Spd/Def Hold

That's still a good build, right? I think the answer is yes but I just want to make sure. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I forgot the main point of my Forma questions! Is Elincia a good recipient of Atk Oath Echo and would she be good in an Arena team score wise (I have B Duel Flying 4 if needed).

P.S. I believe a Remote Res/ Atk Echo is better for Micaiah when she uses Sabotage A/R 3 over Precience, right? Thanks again everyone!

Edited by DefyingFates

4 hours ago, Rinco said:

I've inherited this new Kana's breath on R!Grima, but as she loses the slaying from her arcane weapon, she no longer can loop Aegis/Pavise with Hardy Fighter. Should I just go Escutcheon/Sacred Cowl or swap special and B skill entirely?

Honestly, it's your pick.

Hardy Fighter still gives you 51% damage reduction with the 2-cooldown Specials, but comes at the drawbacks of not yet having a tier-4 version that grants additional stats and not matching up well against opponents with the Brave effect. However, I figure that when Hardy Fighter 4 is released, it's likely to have Negating Fang II's new effect to counter the Brave effect.

Other B skills, like Counter Roar 4 have the drawback of having their defensive effects nullified by all of the new skills that partially or fully nullify percentage damage reduction.

54 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

How do the new Kanas' stones compare to Arcane Grima, has it been powercrept?

Arcane Grima is:

• Slaying effect
  • +5 to all stats
  • Guaranteed follow-up
  • Additional damage equal to 15% of Atk
  • 7 HP recovery after combat

Dragon's Stone is:

• +4 to all stats
  • Reduces damage on non-follow-up attacks by 20% of Spd
  • Null Follow-Up

New-Sun Stone is:

• +4 to all stats
  • Reduces damage on non-follow-up attacks by 15% of Atk
  • Guard effect

15% of Atk is typically about 12-14. 20% of Spd is typically about 13-15 for fast units.

Ultimately, the biggest draw of Arcane Grima is the fact that it has the Slaying effect. This allows armors to run the armor-exclusive Specials offensively (since their defensive effects aren't strictly to your own Special charge, it's only the offensive effect that gets a strict improvement from the Slaying effect) and other units to run Aether more comfortably.

Defensively speaking, both of the new weapons are better than Arcane Grima, though a future Hardy Fighter 4 might still be able to allow Arcane Grima to challenge the new weapons defensively depending on what additional effects it gains.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Whitewind Bow+ [Spd]
Rally Atk/Spd+
Deadeye
Flared Sparrow
S/D Far Trace 3
Spd/Def Hold

That's still a good build, right? I think the answer is yes but I just want to make sure. Thanks in advance!

Good enough to be worth a Forma Soul, yes.

Edit: I forgot the main point of my Forma questions! Is Elincia a good recipient of Atk Oath Echo and would she be good in an Arena team score wise (I have B Duel Flying 4 if needed).

It depends on how stingy you want to be with Atk Oath Echo.

The absolute best use of the skill is to give it to infantry that are forced to run Time's Pulse 4 or Infantry Pulse 4 and fliers that are running Deadly Miasma.

Running it on a flier with Hold is okay, but you'll get more mileage out of Oath 4 + Death Blow Echo instead. Atk/Spd Oath 4 + Death Blow Echo is +13/9 offenses, while Spd/Def Hold + Atk Oath Echo is only +10/4 offenses.

It's also worth noting that fast units will generally want the not-yet-released Spd Oath Echo instead of Atk Oath Echo with one notable exception: If you're running the team with a dancer that has Attuned Peony's Rockslide Dance 4, Atk Oath Echo ensures that the stat bonuses won't overlap. (This is why Peony has this exact combo of skills when she herself would have preferred to have Spd Oath Echo instead.)

P.S. I believe a Remote Res/ Atk Echo is better for Micaiah when she uses Sabotage A/R 3 over Precience, right? Thanks again everyone!

Once one exists, yes. If you don't run Prescience, then you ideally want Flared Mirror or Still Water 4 in the A slot and Remote Atk Echo or Remote Res Echo in the X slot.