"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

since the weapon’s description doesn’t clarify it (at least in Spanish) is ascended Celica’s additional damage also added to aoe?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we have a grand total of one new SI slot (I'm still bitter about that) I'd like to ask what og!Eirika's best build is. I have both Arcane Swords ready to go, but since they're both on cavs I don't know how much I can pass from them to her. Eirika's not fast enough for Devourer, is she?

P.S. I know I asked this earlier, but am I correct in saying B!Eirika's best build at the moment is:

No Quarter + [Flared Sparrow/ Surge Sparrow] + Moonlight Bangle + Incite Atk/Spd (+ Atk/Spd Catch as a S skill)?

I'm considering giving her Atk/Spd Prime along with No Quarter, but DC (M) makes me pause even if I don't think she values the DC effect.

Thank you all as always!

If I have 11 copies of Lapis I'll ask for her best build too, though I imagine it starts with Vital Astra + Arcane Devourer + Atk/Spd Finish. Thanks again!

17 hours ago, Karuu30 said:

since the weapon’s description doesn’t clarify it (at least in Spanish) is ascended Celica’s additional damage also added to aoe?

To my understanding, it's not clarified in any language. Based on the wording of the Japanese description, it's most likely only in-combat damage, but that's not at all definitive.

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Now we have a grand total of one new SI slot (I'm still bitter about that) I'd like to ask what og!Eirika's best build is. I have both Arcane Swords ready to go, but since they're both on cavs I don't know how much I can pass from them to her. Eirika's not fast enough for Devourer, is she?

9 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

If I have 11 copies of Lapis I'll ask for her best build too, though I imagine it starts with Vital Astra + Arcane Devourer + Atk/Spd Finish. Thanks again!

With Resplendent boosts, Eirika has 43 base Spd with maximum Dragonflowers. It puts her 7 points short of the current lead for her unit class (Fallen Byleth with 49 and a superboon), which isn't amazing, but I think is still borderline usable with Arcane Devourer. The trade-off of running Arcane Devourer, however, is that you need to use a Floret to make up for her awful Atk stat.

Lapis can run any Arcane Devourer build.

The standard Arcane sword infantry builds look like this:

Sword Infantry [+Spd]
Arcane Devourer [Spd]
[Assist]
Vital Astra / No Quarter / Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Finish 4 / Atk/Spd Prime 4
Spurn 4 / Spd/Def Tempo 4 / Potent 4
Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Incite Atk/Spd / Time's Pulse 4
[any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd] / Distant Counter (M)

Spurn 4 is the preferred B skill for units that aren't as close to the top in Spd so that the Phantom Spd effect can help activate Dodge. Tempo 4 should not be used at the same time as Time's Pulse 4.

Time's Pulse 4 should only be used with Vital Astra, and even then, it's probably still worse than the other options due to the lack of an in-combat Spd boost.

I wouldn't run Distant Counter (M) unless you're confident you don't need a Spd boost from the Sacred Seal slot.

Sword Infantry [+Spd]
Arcane Devourer [Spd]
[Assist]
Godlike Reflexes
Spurn 4 / Buffer 4 / Spd/Def Tempo 4 / Potent 4
Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Incite Atk/Spd / Pulse Up: Blades

Oath 4 and Incite are both more optimal than Pulse Up, but Pulse Up is an option as a backup for dealing with opponents with Guard, Tempo, or post-combat Special drain.

Same comments as the above build for the other skills, where applicable.

Sword Infantry [+Spd]
Arcane Devourer [Spd]
[Assist]
Aether
Gambit 4

Same comments as the above builds, where applicable.

This can also be run with Arcane Eljudnir [Atk / Def] with Pledge in the C slot and the Spd skills swapped for Def versions were possible.

Sword Infantry [+Atk]
Arcane Eljudnir [Atk / Def]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky / No Quarter
Atk/* Finish 4 / Atk/* Prime 4
Null C-Disrupt 4 / */Def Tempo 4 / Phys. Null Follow / Spurn 4 / Potent 4
Atk/* Pledge / Atk/* Oath 4 / Incite Atk/*
[any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/*] / Distant Counter (M) / Null Follow-Up 3

Despite not running Spd, the Spd-based B skills are still usable on Arcane Eljudnir builds because of their secondary effects. And for units with middling Spd, you can still activate the Dodge effect from Spurn 4 against slower units.

9 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

P.S. I know I asked this earlier, but am I correct in saying B!Eirika's best build at the moment is:

No Quarter + [Flared Sparrow/ Surge Sparrow] + Moonlight Bangle + Incite Atk/Spd (+ Atk/Spd Catch as a S skill)?

I'm considering giving her Atk/Spd Prime along with No Quarter, but DC (M) makes me pause even if I don't think she values the DC effect.

If you're giving her No Quarter from Dimitri directly instead of through a Rearmed skill duplicator, then you might as well grab Prime 4 at the same time as No Quarter since Dimitri doesn't have anything else worth grabbing.

However, unless you actually use her on enemy phase for anything more than clean-up (or baiting enemies with strong enemy phases, but weak player phases), I don't think she actually needs the stat boost from Prime 4 on enemy phase. Her refined weapon already gives her a comically high +15 Spd at minimum, so she can afford to have an ineffective A skill on enemy phase against the things you're probably using her against. If you're grabbing No Quarter off of a Rearmed skill duplicator, then there are better things to prioritize over Prime 4. Flared Sparrow and Surge Sparrow are both significantly better than Prime 4 on player phase, where you're probably using her more.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This can also be run with Arcane Eljudnir [Atk / Def] with Pledge in the C slot and the Spd skills swapped for Def versions were possible.

Sword Infantry [+Atk]
Arcane Eljudnir [Atk / Def]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky / No Quarter
Atk/* Finish 4 / Atk/* Prime 4
Null C-Disrupt 4 / */Def Tempo 4 / Phys. Null Follow / Spurn 4 / Potent 4
Atk/* Pledge / Atk/* Oath 4 / Incite Atk/*
[any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/*] / Distant Counter (M) / Null Follow-Up 3

Despite not running Spd, the Spd-based B skills are still usable on Arcane Eljudnir builds because of their secondary effects. And for units with middling Spd, you can still activate the Dodge effect from Spurn 4 against slower units.

I take it this is better for og!Eirika (than anything with Devourer) against current threats due to the follow up mechanics in Eljudnir? Unfortunately the only B skills I have of these are Phys. Null Follow and A!Nino's Spd/Def Tempo 4. I admit combining the former's FU tweaking with Eljudnir's sounds fun though. She'd need a +Atk refine to do anything, but since Clashes and Clashes don't seem too important anymore I hope there's nothing to fear from using Chrom and Lif to chain fodder other A skills around.

Sword Infantry [+Spd]
Arcane Devourer [Spd]
[Assist]
Vital Astra / No Quarter / Ruptured Sky
Spurn 4 / Spd/Def Tempo 4 / Potent 4
Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Incite Atk/Spd / Time's Pulse 4

I'll likely go with either this or the Gambit build for Lapis by giving R!Chrom No Quarter and Atk/Spd Prime 4. 5 skills is still too limited for SI these days, but I should be able to get Vital Astra and Atk/Spd Oath 4 from other units. If only we had a Rearmed melee infantry unit!

EDIT: I have a A!Fir so I could use someone other than Chrom and do something like this:

Sword Infantry [+Spd]
Arcane Devourer [Spd]
[Assist]
Aether
Gambit 4

Sorry for being all over the place with this! I should check how many "cloning Heroes" I have and see who's better to inherit what.

However, unless you actually use her on enemy phase for anything more than clean-up (or baiting enemies with strong enemy phases, but weak player phases), I don't think she actually needs the stat boost from Prime 4 on enemy phase. Her refined weapon already gives her a comically high +15 Spd at minimum, so she can afford to have an ineffective A skill on enemy phase against the things you're probably using her against. If you're grabbing No Quarter off of a Rearmed skill duplicator, then there are better things to prioritize over Prime 4. Flared Sparrow and Surge Sparrow are both significantly better than Prime 4 on player phase, where you're probably using her more.

Thank you very much! I believe you said A!Peony was worth using to clone skills since her own aren't that good, correct? To be honest I'm tempted to just keep Surge Sparrow on her, but I can put Flared Sparrow on her too.

New question if I may (sorry again for all this!): with HF!Corrin confirmed for the next HoF am I right to assume her best skills are Atk/Res Scowl + Counter Roar (and I guess Incite Atk/Spd or Atk/Spd Oath 4)? Thanks in advance!

Edited by DefyingFates

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I take it this is better for og!Eirika against current threats due to the follow up mechanics in Eljudnir?

It mostly just depends on how much support you're able to reliably able to get from her team, as stronger debuffs like the tier-4 Sabotage and Ploy skills and the Discord status can more easily swing a Spd check in your favor.

She'd need a +Atk refine to do anything, but since Clashes and Clashes don't seem too important anymore I hope there's nothing to fear from using Chrom and Lif to chain fodder other A skills around.

I've had Chrom handing out Flared Sparrow and Distant A/S Solo for a while now. Clash is good for units that are able to hold their own on enemy phase, like Brave Seliph, but Flared Sparrow is useful on more units because most units are significantly better on player phase than enemy phase, and it's also much cheaper to inherit since its prerequisite is just Luthier's Swift Sparrow 2.

Speaking of which, Distant A/S Solo is a slightly weaker, but cheaper, alternative to Atk/Spd Prime 4 if you need the Distant Counter effect, as it only requires Distant Counter as a prerequisite instead of the entire Prime 1/2/3 series.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

If only we had a Rearmed melee infantry unit!

Ganglot.

Honestly, it's kind of crazy how she's still the only one.

Thank you very much! I believe you said A!Peony was worth using to clone skills since her own aren't that good, correct? To be honest I'm tempted to just keep Surge Sparrow on her, but I can put Flared Sparrow on her too.

Honestly, any Rearmed or Attuned Hero that you expect to pull a lot of copies of is good for duplicating skills.

New question if I may (sorry again for all this!): with HF!Corrin confirmed for the next HoF am I right to assume her best skills are Atk/Res Scowl + Counter Roar (and I guess Incite Atk/Spd or Atk/Spd Oath 4)? Thanks in advance!

I would lean towards Atk/Spd Prime 4 in the A slot over Atk/Res Scowl 4 since her Res isn't particularly noteworthy.

Counter Roar 4 is definitely the best option for the B slot. Mag. Null Follow and Null C-Disrupt 4 are also viable alternatives, but are significantly easier to get.

Atk/Spd Oath 4 and Incite Atk/Spd are definitely the best options for the C slot. It's your pick which secondary effect you find more useful.

59 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It mostly just depends on how much support you're able to reliably able to get from her team, as stronger debuffs like the tier-4 Sabotage and Ploy skills and the Discord status can more easily swing a Spd check in your favor.

If it comes down to being able to coordinate stuff like that... yeah, I think Eljudnir is best for me xD

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've had Chrom handing out Flared Sparrow and Distant A/S Solo for a while now. Clash is good for units that are able to hold their own on enemy phase, like Brave Seliph, but Flared Sparrow is useful on more units because most units are significantly better on player phase than enemy phase, and it's also much cheaper to inherit since its prerequisite is just Luthier's Swift Sparrow 2.

I think B!Eirika would appreciate the raw stats of non-Distant A/S Solo skills, though I admit it is tempting. You're right about Flared Sparrow being easier to get though; if I can get someone with Incite Atk/Spd from AHR I can give her that AND Flared Sparrow and No Quarter at once!

Ganglot.

Honestly, it's kind of crazy how she's still the only one.

Yeah, I remembered her a few minutes ago myself and I agree it's crazy she's the only one after 1.5 years of Rearmeds being a thing!

Honestly, any Rearmed or Attuned Hero that you expect to pull a lot of copies of is good for duplicating skills.

I've got a list of those Hero types I currently have and the most so far are Triandra, Grima and Lif. I only have the one Ganglot so I'm tempted to grab more but I don't think there's anyone I'd want to get more of otherwise. I'll post the full list once I get back to my computer.

Naturally I'm going to make Grima my source of Counter Roar and any Armored specials I get, so I may try to get more copies of her too, now that I think about it.

I would lean towards Atk/Spd Prime 4 in the A slot over Atk/Res Scowl 4 since her Res isn't particularly noteworthy.

I didn't think I'd ever correct someone else here, but Corrin can't use Prime 4: those are only for Def-targeting units sadly. Is Finish 4 better than Scowl for her then? And thanks for verifying her B and C skills and for everything else!

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I didn't think I'd ever correct someone else here, but Corrin can't use Prime 4: those are only for Def-targeting units sadly. Is Finish 4 better than Scowl for her then?

Right.

Atk/Spd Finish 4 is better than Atk/Res Scowl 4 for her, but she already has Atk/Spd Finish 4 by default, so there's no reason to get it from Hall of Forms.

Since Prime 4 isn't an option, I think Distant A/S Solo is the next best thing to grab for the A slot.

21 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Since Prime 4 isn't an option, I think Distant A/S Solo is the next best thing to grab for the A slot.

Gotcha, thank you so much! I assume Distant D/R Solo is her second best HoF pick? And to stay on HoFs, will Potent 4 be added when Nabata Hawkeye is added to the Grail shop or is it tied to our next Grail Hero?

Also as promised, here are my current Rearmed and Attuned Heroes. Only the ones with 2+ copies are relevant for skill cloning but I'd like to know which ones have the least to offer from their own skills (granted I may be thinking too hard about this, but here we go nonetheless):

Spoiler

Grima x3 <- I'm going to use her to clone Counter Roar and any Armored Specials I get.
Lif x3 <- I don't think A/D Clash 4 is relevant anymore even if A/S Clash has a niche?
Triandra x3 <- She has A/S Clash and Flow Refresh 4: I don't know who'd be a good user of the latter.

Chrom x2 <- A/S Clash and Infantry NFU
Ophelia x2 <- She has SS4 for mages and Atk/Res Finish 4
Peony x2 <- I believe Ice once told me her fodder wasn't that good.

Ganglot x1

Sonya x1
Plumeria x1
Alfred x1
Lucina x1
Nino x1
Ginnungagap x1

And again, it's crazy Ganglot's still our only infantry melee so far. I unfortunately already used two copies on my N!Shamir and to pass her skills to A!Idunn... 😕

Thanks in advance, everyone!!

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Gotcha, thank you so much! I assume Distant D/R Solo is her second best HoF pick?

Distant D/R Solo and Spd/Res Finish 4 are both decent options for second best.

And to stay on HoFs, will Potent 4 be added when Nabata Hawkeye is added to the Grail shop or is it tied to our next Grail Hero?

Each monthly version update adds skills released through one more Legendary/Mythic/Emblem Hero banner. January's update added skills through Gullveig and Kvasir's banner, so Potent 4 will be added in the March update.

Only the ones with 2+ copies are relevant for skill cloning but I'd like to know which ones have the least to offer from their own skills (granted I may be thinking too hard about this, but here we go nonetheless):

Grima

Grima is currently our only armored skill duplicator and has a lot of value from that alone. A/S Near Save is decently valuable (and will continue to be valuable as long as we keep getting fast armors that don't already have the skill by default). Hardy Fighter is good, but has a lot of competition, especially now that the armor-exclusive Special skills are stealing a bit of its thunder.

Lif

Unlike Atk/Spd Clash 4, Atk/Def Clash 4 is a bit more valuable since units that run Def are typically intended to be able to hold their own on enemy phase to begin with, so the dual-phase nature of Clash is not wasted. That said, its value is currently undermined by the fact that we don't have a good source of Atk/Def Clash 3 yet.

Atk/Def Menace is a bit outdated, but it's not a bad skill; however, its value will decrease when we start getting Atk/Def versions of the better C skill series.

Lif is a unit you probably want to hang onto for later when Flared Sturdy and Incite Atk/Def and an easier source of Atk/Def Clash 3 are eventually released.

Triandra

Triandra's most valuable skill by far is Death Blow Echo. Basically every slow player-phase unit a Brave weapon and even a few fast ones will want that.

Atk/Spd Clash 4 is a bit less valuable of a skill compared to Atk/Def Clash 4 since fast cavalry and fliers are less likely to have strong enemy-phase performance (and infantry have better dual-phase skills like Finish 4), but it's not bad. Well, except for the fact that, again, we don't have an easy source of Atk/Spd Clash 3.

Flow Refresh 4 is decent, but much more niche. It's mostly for units that already have Canto in a different slot, but are missing Null Follow-Up.

Spd/Def Hold is mostly outclassed by S/D Rein Snap on melee units and Atk/Spd Oath 4 and Deadly Miasma on ranged units.

Chrom

Chrom's most valuable skill by far is Arcane Devourer.

Spd/Def Snag 4 and Infantry Spd Tactic are both a bit too niche. Atk/Spd Clash 4 is in the same situation as it is for Triandra.

Ophelia

Atk/Res Finish 4 and Special Spiral 4 are both really good skills.

Peony

Atk Oath Echo is easily Peony's most valuable skill. Thankfully, its value also increases as more C skills are released that don't provide stat bonuses, like Time's Pulse 4, Infantry Pulse 4, Rein Snap, Deadly Miasma, etc.

Rockslide Dance 3 is actually not bad, but it's obviously restricted to dancers. The stat boost is less useful compared to Firestorm Dance 3, but granting Dodge is arguably better than granting Desperation most of the time (but not all of the time).

Atk/Spd Unity is very niche, but has its uses. However, it's probably better to use Brave Marianne for it instead.

Ganglot

Somehow still the only melee infantry skill duplicator and is therefore somehow still the only way to duplicate Vital Astra, Godlike Reflexes, and Dodge skills.

Quick Riposte 4 is good. Its value has been slightly dampened by every new slow unit having a guaranteed follow-up already, but there are still some that slip through the cracks.

Distant Stance is okay, but its value will decrease as we get more sources of Prime 4 and Distant Solo.

Sonya

Atk/Res Ploy 3 is really good. Escape Route 4 is good, but is going to lose value as we get more sources of Far Trace 4.

Plumeria

Def/Res Ploy 3 is also really good. Arcane Euphoria having percentage damage reduction makes it arguably better than the other Arcane tomes simply because it opens up the A slot to not need to run Remote.

Wings of Mercy 4 is okay, but is also losing value as we continue to get better B skills.

Alfred

Arcane Qiang is his most valuable skill. Flow Near Trace 3 is less niche than Flow Refresh 4, but its lack of a tier-4 version (and Alfred therefore not having it) holds it back significantly for the time being.

Lucina

Exact same comments as for Chrom.

Nino

Fleeting Echo is a god-tier skill in terms of value.

Spd/Def Tempo 4 is good, but has significant competition from Dodge 4 on melee units and Phys. Null Follow and Assassin's Strike on ranged units. Flash Sparrow isn't in particularly high demand on optimized builds due to the existence of Atk/Spd Pledge.

Ginnungagap

Has Lethality.

Fatal Smoke 4 is niche, but there are definitely more uses for it than for most other niche skills. However, its value is held back by the fact that there aren't any easy sources of Fatal Smoke 3. Fireflood Boost 3 is in a weird position where pretty much every unit that would want the skill would prefer to have Atk/Spd or Def/Res instead of Atk/Res.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Distant D/R Solo and Spd/Res Finish 4 are both decent options for second best.

Thank you so much!

Each monthly version update adds skills released through one more Legendary/Mythic/Emblem Hero banner. January's update added skills through Gullveig and Kvasir's banner, so Potent 4 will be added in the March update.

That's even sooner than I thought, thanks! Unless I'm mistaken that's right before the 3H HoF so it and A/S Scowl will be available for that and the HoFs after, awesome!

Also, I didn't expect you to talk about all the Rearmed and Attuned Heroes, wow. Thank you for that too!

Lif

Unlike Atk/Spd Clash 4, Atk/Def Clash 4 is a bit more valuable since units that run Def are typically intended to be able to hold their own on enemy phase to begin with, so the dual-phase nature of Clash is not wasted. That said, its value is currently undermined by the fact that we don't have a good source of Atk/Def Clash 3 yet.

Atk/Def Menace is a bit outdated, but it's not a bad skill; however, its value will decrease when we start getting Atk/Def versions of the better C skill series.

Lif is a unit you probably want to hang onto for later when Flared Sturdy and Incite Atk/Def and an easier source of Atk/Def Clash 3 are eventually released.

Worse, he only has Threaten Atk/Def! I didn't expect you to advise holding onto him, but I suppose he'd be good if we get another tanky unit like Jeralt or Arion and I like them enough to build.

Grima (for Armors only) x3
Triandra x3
Chrom x2
Peony x2
Ganglot x1
Alfred x1
Lucina x1
Ginnungagap x1
(Maybe Nino?) x1
(Maybe Lif?) x3

So these are the units best for cloning skills (i.e. their native ones aren't too valuable)?

In that case I'll probably use Triandra as my Speedy skill holder. I was going to use Lif for that first and maybe give DB Echo to my Gambit L!Eirika, but hopefully we'll get a better X Skill for her later. I have a bit over 700 Orbs at the moment, so it may be good for me to get some Alfreds as well. I should have some left over for AHR. Hopefully.

Thank you yet again!

Has IS said when the Alcryst + Eitr banner is being rerun please? The only tweets I can find are about the poll. The banner's not listed in the January calendar but I wondered if they may have tweeted the info out at some point and I just missed it. Thanks in advance!

55 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Has IS said when the Alcryst + Eitr banner is being rerun please? The only tweets I can find are about the poll. The banner's not listed in the January calendar but I wondered if they may have tweeted the info out at some point and I just missed it. Thanks in advance!

The rerun is scheduled for April according to the tweet from the feh account

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1753312293880991805

5 hours ago, Lemmy said:

For emblems, if you have multiple Marths for example, could you have an equal number of Emblem bonds to other characters

Only one Emblem can Engage with one Hero at a time. Basically, think of them like Sacred Seals. And similar to Sacred Seals, you can "cheat" the system by locking your teams. For example, you can have Hero A on team 1 Engage with Emblem X, lock team 1, and then have Hero B Engage with Emblem X. Since team 1 is locked, it will keep Hero A Emgaged to Emblem X (and only on that team), even if Emblem X is currently Engaged to Hero B.

On 2/6/2024 at 1:38 AM, Lemmy said:

For emblems, if you have multiple Marths for example, could you have an equal number of Emblem bonds to other characters

You can also think of them as Ascended Florets. No matter how many copies of an Ascended Hero you get, you only get one Floret. Same for Emblems (of course you need to keep at least one copy of an Emblem in your barracks to Engage with them, unlike the Florets).

On 1/31/2024 at 2:32 PM, DefyingFates said:
On 1/31/2024 at 12:48 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Grima (for Armors only) x3
Triandra x3
Chrom x2
Peony x2
Ganglot x1
Alfred x1
Lucina x1
Ginnungagap x1
(Maybe Nino?) x1
(Maybe Lif?) x3

So these are the units best for cloning skills (i.e. their native ones aren't too valuable)?

In that case I'll probably use Triandra as my Speedy skill holder. I was going to use Lif for that first and maybe give DB Echo to my Gambit L!Eirika, but hopefully we'll get a better X Skill for her later. I have a bit over 700 Orbs at the moment, so it may be good for me to get some Alfreds as well. I should have some left over for AHR. Hopefully.

Thank you yet again!

Can I double check this now that the "5 inherit" update is out please?

• For starters, Grima's getting Counter Roar 4 + Armored Floe from a spare B!Corrin.
  • I think I want to give A!Triandra Flared Sparrow and A/S Oath 4 from B!Gullveig and A/S Prime 4 + No Quarter from B!Dimitri but is that the most efficient way to share them at the moment?
  • It really sucks that I don't have more Ganglots to give Robin's Gambit + A/S Finish to, but I guess Lif is a good holder of Gambit for the time being?
  • I'm going to get as many Alcrysts as I can to get a better source of A/S Finish + Phys Follow Up at least. Knowing my luck I'll only get one.

Alarm Atk/Spd is the second best C Skill for speedy cavs at the moment (even if they have Canto) behind Incite Atk/Spd, right? I've mentioned before I wanted to give the latter to B!Eirika but since Kvasir doesn't seem to be getting into AHR...

Thanks as always, everyone!

Edit: I know the AHR VG is on March 1st but how far in advance were the winners announced last time? Thanks again!

Edited by DefyingFates

Can I double check this now that the "5 inherit" update is out please?

• For starters, Grima's getting Counter Roar 4 + Armored Floe from a spare B!Corrin.
  • I think I want to give A!Triandra Flared Sparrow and A/S Oath 4 from B!Gullveig and A/S Prime 4 + No Quarter from B!Dimitri but is that the most efficient way to share them at the moment?
  • It really sucks that I don't have more Ganglots to give Robin's Gambit + A/S Finish to, but I guess Lif is a good holder of Gambit for the time being?
  • I'm going to get as many Alcrysts as I can to get a better source of A/S Finish + Phys Follow Up at least. Knowing my luck I'll only get one.

All 3 of Brave Corrin's inheritable skills are useful, but Counter Roar 4 and Armored Floe are in higher demand, so they should definitely take priority over A/S Far Save.

Brave Gullveig's only skills worth duplicating are Flared Sparrow and Atk/Spd Oath 4, so this is the most efficient way to use her for skill duplication. She's also the easiest unit to get Flared Sparrow from since she's the only one in the standard summoning pool, so she's also the most efficient unit to use for this skill pair.

Winter Dimitri is currently the only source of No Quarter, so you don't really have a choice in the matter, and Atk/Spd Prime 4 is the only other skill he has that is really worth duplicating, as Panic Smoke 4 is currently on 3 units in the Legendary/Mythic/Emblem pool.

Brave Robin is in a somewhat annoying situation where neither Gambit 3 or Atk/Spd Finish 3 are easily accessible, so until one of them becomes easily accessible, you're always going to be stuck transferring only one of the two skills at a time, so splitting them across 2 units isn't too big of a deal for now. In the long run, it's better to wait for more copies of Ganglot and also wait until one of Gambit 3 or Atk/Spd Finish 3 is made more accessible, but the long run doesn't help you right now. Gambit 4 is obviously significantly harder to get than Atk/Spd Finish 4, so you'll want to prioritize using Robin to pass Gambit 4 to a duplicator instead of Atk/Spd Finish 4.

Alcryst sounds good. Just remember that he doesn't come with Atk/Spd Finish 4 by default, so you'll need to have a copy of it ready when you get more of him.

Alarm Atk/Spd is the second best C Skill for speedy cavs at the moment (even if they have Canto) behind Incite Atk/Spd, right? I've mentioned before I wanted to give the latter to B!Eirika but since Kvasir doesn't seem to be getting into AHR...

Yeah. If you already have Canto, Alarm is typically the best C skill for fast melee cavalry if you don't have access to Incite.

I say "typically" because Menace is also an option. However, you only need one unit on your team with Menace, and that job is better suited for a support unit that doesn't need the in-combat stat bonus from Alarm or Incite in the first place.

I meant to ask if the Rearmed/ Attuned Heroes I was using were the right ones for the job, but I appreciate your take too!

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All 3 of Brave Corrin's inheritable skills are useful, but Counter Roar 4 and Armored Floe are in higher demand, so they should definitely take priority over A/S Far Save.

Great!

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brave Gullveig's only skills worth duplicating are Flared Sparrow and Atk/Spd Oath 4, so this is the most efficient way to use her for skill duplication. She's also the easiest unit to get Flared Sparrow from since she's the only one in the standard summoning pool, so she's also the most efficient unit to use for this skill pair.

Also very happy to hear this. Looking at my list of Heroes, in hindsight Triandra was one of two who could carry them, I was just feeling some decision paralysis since Peony has worse skills be default.

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Winter Dimitri is currently the only source of No Quarter, so you don't really have a choice in the matter, and Atk/Spd Prime 4 is the only other skill he has that is really worth duplicating, as Panic Smoke 4 is currently on 3 units in the Legendary/Mythic/Emblem pool.

Thanks again! Again I was worried I was giving Triandra too many skills all in one go, but I guess Flared Sparrow + No Quarter is a strong combo for offensive cavs, so...

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brave Robin is in a somewhat annoying situation where neither Gambit 3 or Atk/Spd Finish 3 are easily accessible, so until one of them becomes easily accessible, you're always going to be stuck transferring only one of the two skills at a time, so splitting them across 2 units isn't too big of a deal for now. In the long run, it's better to wait for more copies of Ganglot and also wait until one of Gambit 3 or Atk/Spd Finish 3 is made more accessible, but the long run doesn't help you right now. Gambit 4 is obviously significantly harder to get than Atk/Spd Finish 4, so you'll want to prioritize using Robin to pass Gambit 4 to a duplicator instead of Atk/Spd Finish 4.

Alcryst sounds good. Just remember that he doesn't come with Atk/Spd Finish 4 by default, so you'll need to have a copy of it ready when you get more of him.

I hope Ganglot's banner gets a rerun. If only she was on a 3H one instead of an Archanea banner to guarantee she'd win any future polls...

As for Alcryst, don't worry. I have an A!Fir and some NFU fodder so I can give him both it and Phys. NFU in one go. Too bad her A/S Oath 4 goes to waste, but I suspect we'll be waiting another 4 years for another SI increase so... yeah.

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah. If you already have Canto, Alarm is typically the best C skill for fast melee cavalry if you don't have access to Incite.

I say "typically" because Menace is also an option. However, you only need one unit on your team with Menace, and that job is better suited for a support unit that doesn't need the in-combat stat bonus from Alarm or Incite in the first place.

Thanks! Here's hoping I get lucky with Eitrs too when the banner comes (and maybe Incite A/S will spook me later). At this point I should probably just S Support my B!Eirika and B!Tiki (who still has Def/Res Menace), huh?

13 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I meant to ask if the Rearmed/ Attuned Heroes I was using were the right ones for the job, but I appreciate your take too!

Grima is currently the only dragon and the only armor that can duplicate skills, so she's obviously a given for dragon-exclusive and armor-exclusive skills.

Flared Sparrow + Atk/Spd Oath 4 is most efficient on whichever melee flier you expect to get the most copies of.

Atk/Spd Prime 4 and No Quarter can go on any of the current melee infantry, cavalry, or fliers; again, whichever one you expect to get the most copies of. It doesn't have to be the same unit as Flared Sparrow + Atk/Spd Oath 4, but consolidating duplication to a smaller number of units is generally better since it lets you focus on pulling just those units instead of spreading out your pulls over multiple units and not being able to mix and match skills as easily.

Right now, Ganglot is the only unit that can duplicate both Atk/Spd Finish 4 and Gambit 4, at the same time, but that obviously requires waiting for Atk/Spd Finish 3 and Gambit 3 to be more available. If you don't care too much about future-proofing your fodder, you can split them up.

Any of the Rearmed Heroes with +1 Special charge rate on their weapon is good for Gambit 4 (Chrom, Alfred, Ganglot) since you can grab both the weapon and Gambit 4 at the same time, and they have synergy with each other.

Atk/Spd Finish 4 works well on Alcryst and Nino, as they are most likely to want to pass the skill at the same time as their unique skill (Arcane Darkbow and Fleeting Echo).

But again, unless you have the resources to run multiple duplicators, it's still generally better to consolidate your skills for duplication onto as few units as you reasonably can.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Grima is currently the only dragon and the only armor that can duplicate skills, so she's obviously a given for dragon-exclusive and armor-exclusive skills.

Flared Sparrow + Atk/Spd Oath 4 is most efficient on whichever melee flier you expect to get the most copies of.

Atk/Spd Prime 4 and No Quarter can go on any of the current melee infantry, cavalry, or fliers; again, whichever one you expect to get the most copies of. It doesn't have to be the same unit as Flared Sparrow + Atk/Spd Oath 4, but consolidating duplication to a smaller number of units is generally better since it lets you focus on pulling just those units instead of spreading out your pulls over multiple units and not being able to mix and match skills as easily.

Right now, Ganglot is the only unit that can duplicate both Atk/Spd Finish 4 and Gambit 4, at the same time, but that obviously requires waiting for Atk/Spd Finish 3 and Gambit 3 to be more available. If you don't care too much about future-proofing your fodder, you can split them up.

Any of the Rearmed Heroes with +1 Special charge rate on their weapon is good for Gambit 4 (Chrom, Alfred, Ganglot) since you can grab both the weapon and Gambit 4 at the same time, and they have synergy with each other.

Atk/Spd Finish 4 works well on Alcryst and Nino, as they are most likely to want to pass the skill at the same time as their unique skill (Arcane Darkbow and Fleeting Echo).

But again, unless you have the resources to run multiple duplicators, it's still generally better to consolidate your skills for duplication onto as few units as you reasonably can.

Thank you so much for all of this! Now that A!Peony's confirmed for the AHR VG I think I'll wait and see how she does before committing (yay, procrastination!) Hopefully she gets onto the banner if nothing else. We don't have a Phys Melee armored unit so Edelgard would be really inconvenient to fodder off anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Would slapping Ivy and Hortensia's kits on a Scion Nanna be a good idea? i.e.

Arcane Charmer + [Healing Skill] + Glitter of Light + Atk/Spd Catch 4 + Poetic Justice + Deadly Miasma + Soaring Echo

or would she be happier with a Spd-oriented staff?

Also, if I inherit an X skill to a Rearmed Hero (or Arcane weapon to an Attuned Hero) can I then inherit it onto other characters through them? I know if you put one of those skills on a regular unit it's locked to them forever but I don't know if those Hero types are exempt from that rule.

As always, thank you all in advance!

43 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, if I inherit an X skill to a Rearmed Hero (or Arcane weapon to an Attuned Hero) can I then inherit it onto other characters through them? I know if you put one of those skills on a regular unit it's locked to them forever but I don't know if those Hero types are exempt from that rule.

As always, thank you all in advance!

I plan to do that exact inheritance chain for my Halloween Mia, it's going to put in good work for prfless/older staff units. Probably won't perform as well as Hortensia herself because of her C skill but expectations etc. She might prefer a more offensive arcane staff down the line, but we don't know how long it will take to get one, and this staff itself is still quite potent. 

I believe that arcane/echo skills can only be passed on by their original holders. Hortensia can inherit Soaring Echo(and it's quite potent on her since she has a Prf C) but she can't pass it on to anyone else.

19 minutes ago, Ether said:

I plan to do that exact inheritance chain for my Halloween Mia, it's going to put in good work for prfless/older staff units. Probably won't perform as well as Hortensia herself because of her C skill but expectations etc. She might prefer a more offensive arcane staff down the line, but we don't know how long it will take to get one, and this staff itself is still quite potent. 

Thanks! I still have a Winter Eirika I could give it to as well, since she isn't ever doubling anything on her own. Anyway, hopefully now we finally have an Arcane staff it won't take too long for us to get a second. I hope your Mia serves you well!

21 minutes ago, Ether said:

I believe that arcane/echo skills can only be passed on by their original holders. Hortensia can inherit Soaring Echo(and it's quite potent on her since she has a Prf C) but she can't pass it on to anyone else.

That's a shame, things would have been so much simpler if that were the case. Thank you very much!

On 2/18/2024 at 8:05 AM, DefyingFates said:

A guaranteed follow-up and the offensive Null Follow-Up effect are functionally similar enough on a fast unit that you can basically treat them as equivalent. If you don't feel like waiting for a Null Follow-Up staff to be released to compare the other skill effects it has, then Arcane Charmer is perfectly fine to use due to the fact that it grants +5 Spd.

As it is right now, the only Arcane weapon that isn't suitable for use by a fast unit is Arcane Eljudnir due to the fact that it's the only one that doesn't come with a Spd boost.

Fluffy Hat Nanna is also at a Spd stat where if you aren't planning on giving her Dragonflowers, you probably actually do want to run a guaranteed follow-up on her instead of Null Follow-Up. I'm currently using ~42 neutral Spd (after Dragonflowers, but before merges and Asset) as my breakpoint between running guaranteed follow-up and Null Follow-Up for non-staff Arcane weapons, and the breakpoint for staves should probably be higher at ~44 neutral Spd due to the fact that they can't run a Spd refine. Nanna has 41 neutral Spd without Dragonflowers (but has a superboon) and 44 neutral Spd with maximum Dragonflowers, so even with maximum Dragonflowers, she's still only barely out of the gray area.

On 2/18/2024 at 8:05 AM, DefyingFates said:

Nope. Arcane weapons and Echo skills can only be inherited from their original units. Once they are transferred once, the only way to transfer the skill again is by merging into a new base.

Fluffy Hat Nanna is also at a Spd stat where if you aren't planning on giving her Dragonflowers, you probably actually do want to run a guaranteed follow-up on her instead of Null Follow-Up. I'm currently using ~42 neutral Spd (after Dragonflowers, but before merges and Asset) as my breakpoint between running guaranteed follow-up and Null Follow-Up for non-staff Arcane weapons, and the breakpoint for staves should probably be higher at ~44 neutral Spd due to the fact that they can't run a Spd refine. Nanna has 41 neutral Spd without Dragonflowers (but has a superboon) and 44 neutral Spd with maximum Dragonflowers, so even with maximum Dragonflowers, she's still only barely out of the gray area.

Oh, that's good to hear, thank you!

Nope. Arcane weapons and Echo skills can only be inherited from their original units. Once they are transferred once, the only way to transfer the skill again is by merging into a new base.

And this is good to know too, thanks!

New question, am I correct in assuming we get ~300 Orbs per month? As I said in the banner thread, the Elusians were very cruel to me and I only have ~350 left. I'm assuming the AHR banner will be around this time next month and I'm trying to figure out how likely I am to get Peony merges if we get an all Green banner considering each spark will take at most 200 Orbs assuming you only get 1 or no Greens per batch of 5 stones.

Then there's Rearmed Alcryst the month after and maybe someone I want from the Engage HoF banner at the same time... groans

In any case, thanks in advance, all!