"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It depends on how stingy you want to be with Atk Oath Echo.

The absolute best use of the skill is to give it to infantry that are forced to run Time's Pulse 4 or Infantry Pulse 4 and fliers that are running Deadly Miasma.

Running it on a flier with Hold is okay, but you'll get more mileage out of Oath 4 + Death Blow Echo instead. Atk/Spd Oath 4 + Death Blow Echo is +13/9 offenses, while Spd/Def Hold + Atk Oath Echo is only +10/4 offenses.

It's also worth noting that fast units will generally want the not-yet-released Spd Oath Echo instead of Atk Oath Echo with one notable exception: If you're running the team with a dancer that has Attuned Peony's Rockslide Dance 4, Atk Oath Echo ensures that the stat bonuses won't overlap. (This is why Peony has this exact combo of skills when she herself would have preferred to have Spd Oath Echo instead.)

I'll keep Elincia away from the X skills then, thanks! When would an Infantry unit be "forced" to run TP or IP4 though?

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Once one exists, yes. If you don't run Prescience, then you ideally want Flared Mirror or Still Water 4 in the A slot and Remote Atk Echo or Remote Res Echo in the X slot.

And thank you again! Hopefully whoever comes with those Remote skills comes with Flared Mirror too to save me some foddering time.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'll keep Elincia away from the X skills then, thanks! When would an Infantry unit be "forced" to run TP or IP4 though?

Time's Pulse 4 is necessary on most units that run Vital Astra if you want to use its Dodge effect. Ideally, you'd wait for Spd Oath Echo, though.

Sothis also has Time's Pulse 4 as an option to land Sirius+ on her first counterattack when the opponent has more HP to drain. While Pledge is stronger for this purpose, it's also vulnerable to an opponent's defensive Tempo effect, whereas Time's Pulse 4 is not. She also ideally wants to wait for Spd Oath Echo, though.

Infantry Pulse 4 is the current most optimal C skill for units with AoE Specials that want to be more reliable in fully charging their Special. Time's Pulse only activates if the unit's Special cooldown is a maximum, which leaves units vulnerable to Guard or post-combat cooldown drain (like in Resonant Battles), whereas Infantry Pulse 4 activates regardless of the unit's current cooldown. Infantry Pulse 4 also lets the unit not need to fully charge their Special at the start of turn 1 on maps that allow you to stall a few turns at the start.

Also, Atk Oath Echo is a viable option for units running Ploy 4 skills if you don't need a Remote Echo skill instead.

I'm looking for a good B skill for scoring in Arena to give to L!M!Byleth and most of what I have seems redundant, so it feels a waste of fodder. Skills I have:

- Escape Route 4
- Special Spiral 4
- Mag Null FollowUp
- Null C 4

I think I'm better of waiting for something better. Is there something I'm overlooking that would make any of these skills fit him?

23 hours ago, Rinco said:

I'm looking for a good B skill for scoring in Arena to give to L!M!Byleth and most of what I have seems redundant, so it feels a waste of fodder. Skills I have:

- Escape Route 4
- Special Spiral 4
- Mag Null FollowUp
- Null C 4

I think I'm better of waiting for something better. Is there something I'm overlooking that would make any of these skills fit him?

What other skills does he have? Sublime Heaven already has DR negation so Mag NFU would be redundant on him.

I think I already asked this before, but would Golden Yule Bow be good on S!Elincia + Deadeye? Spd/Def Hold's in-combat debuff doesn't count as a "Penalty", does it? Thanks as always!

Edited by DefyingFates

Heyo, I just wanted to verify two things before I do something stupid.

1. Does the damage reduction on Armored Floe/Beacon count for Hardy Bearing's condition?
2. Does Lucia's no-special thing override both of Vital Astra and Godlike Reflexes? I swear I remember hearing that she could use one of them, but I also got my Lucia fairly recently so I didn't pay much attention to that.

Thanks in advance.

On 1/6/2024 at 2:27 PM, Rinco said:

- Escape Route 4
- Special Spiral 4
- Mag Null FollowUp
- Null C 4

Of the options you have, Escape Route 4 is the best one since it grants additional Spd and Canto. Null C-Disrupt 4 is also decent since you get Spd and percentage damage reduction on the opponent's first attack, though the actual Null C-Disrupt effect is mostly useless for him (though you might occasionally make use of it).

If you don't mind waiting for a better skill, Desperation 4 and the not-yet-released Spd/Res Tempo 4 would be better options. Desperation 4 lets him run Atk/Spd Ideal 4 instead of Remote Sparrow in the A slot, and Spd/Res Tempo 4 lets him run Atk/Spd Oath 4 instead of Time's Pulse in the C slot.

On 1/7/2024 at 1:52 PM, DefyingFates said:

I think I already asked this before, but would Golden Yule Bow be good on S!Elincia + Deadeye? Spd/Def Hold's in-combat debuff doesn't count as a "Penalty", does it? Thanks as always!

"Penalty" refers only to status effects visible on the map.

Golden Yule Bow works fine on any unit that wants to run Deadeye and doesn't have easy access to Special acceleration or wants to move Special acceleration onto their weapon to open up a skill slot. You do lose out on effects that give you a more reliable follow-up, though, so keep that in mind.

20 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

1. Does the damage reduction on Armored Floe/Beacon count for Hardy Bearing's condition?

I assume you meant Hardy Fighter.

Nope. The damage reduction on the armor-exclusive Specials is a passive effect that isn't tied to the Special being triggered and is therefore not affected by Hardy Fighter.

21 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

2. Does Lucia's no-special thing override both of Vital Astra and Godlike Reflexes? I swear I remember hearing that she could use one of them, but I also got my Lucia fairly recently so I didn't pay much attention to that.

Queensblade prevents Specials from triggering, but does not prevent their passive effects that aren't tied to the Special being triggered.

Vital Astra's Dodge effect and Godlike Reflexes' additional damage are both passive effects and won't be blocked by Queensblade.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I assume you meant Hardy Fighter.

Nope. The damage reduction on the armor-exclusive Specials is a passive effect that isn't tied to the Special being triggered and is therefore not affected by Hardy Fighter.

Queensblade prevents Specials from triggering, but does not prevent their passive effects that aren't tied to the Special being triggered.

Vital Astra's Dodge effect and Godlike Reflexes' additional damage are both passive effects and won't be blocked by Queensblade.

1. Whoops, that is what I meant. Also, noted. Guess I won't be giving Nagi Hardy Fighter after all.

2. All right, cool. Just wanted to double check before I wasted an extra Vital Astra on her.

Edited by Sunwoo

What are the odds of L!Corrin being on the Fates HoF or is it more likely to be Ryoma? (Actually he was earlier, wasn't he? I don't know when they're scheduled for reruns but he seems more likely now I think about it...)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by DefyingFates

27 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

What are the odds of L!Corrin being on the Fates HoF or is it more likely to be Ryoma? (Actually he was earlier, wasn't he? I don't know when they're scheduled for reruns but he seems more likely now I think about it...)

Ryoma's next scheduled re-run matches up with the Fates HoF in February - refer to the chart here. Ryoma is the only Fates unit scheduled for February, but I suppose it's not impossible that either of the the Fates units scheduled for January (Corrin and Azura) get immediately run again the next month. Either way, we'll find out once this month's Remix banners go up.

Edited by Humanoid

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Ryoma's next scheduled re-run matches up with the Fates HoF in February - refer to the chart here. Ryoma is the only Fates unit scheduled for February, but I suppose it's not impossible that either of the the Fates units scheduled for January (Corrin and Azura) get immediately run again the next month. Either way, we'll find out once this month's Remix banners go up.

I didn't realize that site was a thing, thank you so much! It looks like Ryoma really will be the HoF Legendary. Thanks again!

I plan on getting the forma for Caeda in the upcoming Hall of Forms. Mainly looking to deal as much damage as possible. Aiming for this kit:

Ninja Katana+ | Harsh Command+ | Ruptured Sky

Atk/Spd Clash 4 or Flared Sparrow | Gambit 4 | Spd/Def Snap or Soaring Guidance

What are some other skills she would want?

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

I plan on getting the forma for Caeda in the upcoming Hall of Forms. Mainly looking to deal as much damage as possible. Aiming for this kit:

Ninja Katana+ | Harsh Command+ | Ruptured Sky

Atk/Spd Clash 4 or Flared Sparrow | Gambit 4 | Spd/Def Snap or Soaring Guidance

What are some other skills she would want?

Petalfall Blade is currently the best inheritable sword that's available in Hall of Forms, but it's not a particularly high priority to get because Inigo has the identical Null Blade in the 3- and 4-star pool.

Distant A/S Solo and Atk/Spd Prime 4 are alternative options for the A slot. Prime is currently extremely easy to activate on flier ball teams because we have units like Legendary Hinoka, Harmonized Catria, and Harmonized Cordelia that can each grant 2 non-stat Bonuses to surrounding flier allies.

Aerial Maneuvers is probably Caeda's best option for the B slot, and even more so if she gets Null Follow-Up on her refine. If you're worried she won't get Null Follow-Up on her refine, there's also Flow Desperation. Gambit 4 is the best option for enemy phase.

S/D Rein Snap and Atk/Spd Oath 4 are the best options for the C slot, with S/D Rein Snap being significantly harder to get.

I don't recommend Guidance 4 or Soaring Guidance on offensive units because they don't provide in-combat stats to the unit with the skill itself, and it's generally better to put those skills on a support unit. Soaring Guidance is still an okay pick if you don't have access to it normally, though.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Petalfall Blade is currently the best inheritable sword that's available in Hall of Forms, but it's not a particularly high priority to get because Inigo has the identical Null Blade in the 3- and 4-star pool.

Distant A/S Solo and Atk/Spd Prime 4 are alternative options for the A slot. Prime is currently extremely easy to activate on flier ball teams because we have units like Legendary Hinoka, Harmonized Catria, and Harmonized Cordelia that can each grant 2 non-stat Bonuses to surrounding flier allies.

Aerial Maneuvers is probably Caeda's best option for the B slot, and even more so if she gets Null Follow-Up on her refine. If you're worried she won't get Null Follow-Up on her refine, there's also Flow Desperation. Gambit 4 is the best option for enemy phase.

S/D Rein Snap and Atk/Spd Oath 4 are the best options for the C slot, with S/D Rein Snap being significantly harder to get.

I don't recommend Guidance 4 or Soaring Guidance on offensive units because they don't provide in-combat stats to the unit with the skill itself, and it's generally better to put those skills on a support unit. Soaring Guidance is still an okay pick if you don't have access to it normally, though.

Thank you for the suggestions. 

I completely forgot about Prime. Will keep that on my radar since I have all of the listed units. It'd be nice for her to get NFU on her refine but I'm not too worried since I usually field her with her summer and legendary versions in LHBs so Soaring Guidance can be a general backup option in case the higher priority C skills don't show up. Since she's mainly used in PvE content, I wanted her to have somewhat of a dual phase skill in Gambit. 

Got all the skills I wanted on Caeda so I'm shifting my focus to Merric. Similar to Caeda, he'll mainly be used in PvE content so the goal is to maximize damage output. Thinking of this build:

Winds of Change | Harsh Command+ | Flare or Ruptured Sky

Atk/Spd Finish 4 | Occultist's Strike | Time's Pulse 4 or Atk/Spd Pledge

A little torn between his Special and C slot skills. He's running Righteous Wind 99% of the time but I feel like Flare is more useful generally compared to Ruptured Sky. The thing about Ruptured Sky is the unstable bonus damage but beast and dragon units appear enough in PvE that it's worth considering. Then there's the C skill. TP4 allows him to basically have his Righteous Wind ready at all times but +9 Atk/Spd from Pledge is hard to say no to. Any suggestions?

Edited by Flying Shogi

9 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Got all the skills I wanted on Caeda so I'm shifting my focus to Merric. Similar to Caeda, he'll mainly be used in PvE content so the goal is to maximize damage output. Thinking of this build:

Winds of Change | Harsh Command+ | Flare or Ruptured Sky

Atk/Spd Finish 4 | Occultist's Strike | Time's Pulse 4 or Atk/Spd Pledge

A little torn between his Special and C slot skills. He's running Righteous Wind 99% of the time but I feel like Flare is more useful generally compared to Ruptured Sky. The thing about Ruptured Sky is the unstable bonus damage but beast and dragon units appear enough in PvE that it's worth considering. Then there's the C skill. TP4 allows him to basically have his Righteous Wind ready at all times but +9 Atk/Spd from Pledge is hard to say no to. Any suggestions?

The best skills that are currently available should look something like this:

Young Merric [+Spd]
Winds of Change [unique] / Teatime Set+ [Spd]
[Assist]
Flare / Ruptured Sky
Remote Sparrow / Atk/Spd Finish 4
Occultist's Strike / Desperation 4 / Brash Assault 4
Incite Atk/Spd / Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Atk/Spd Pledge / Time's Pulse 4 / Infantry Pulse 4

Winds of Change can be gotten if you haven't already refined his weapon and want to save some dew. Teatime Set+ [Spd] is the best inheritable option.

Winds of Change already has Lull, Tempo, Null Follow-Up, and percentage damage reduction nullification on it, so there aren't that many options left for the B slot. Occultist's Strike is the most offensive option, but because Winds of Change has no defensive effects, you'll want a defensive effect on a different slot for harder content. Desperation 4 is the best defensive option and is a good replacement for his default Windsweep, and it also provides a Spd boost. Brash Assault 4 has a mix of offensive and defensive options, but doesn't have a Spd boost.

If you're running Righteous Wind or Ruptured Sky, you should run any of the skills in the C slot other than Pledge. Pledge is only better than the other options if you're running Flare, and even then, only if the opponent can't counterattack or if you're running Desperation 4. If the opponent can counterattack or you're running a different Special, then the other options are better.

Of the other options, Incite hits the hardest, but has no non-stat effect. Oath 4 is slightly weaker than Incite, but grants teleportation.

Time's Pulse 4 and Infantry Pulse 4 let you land Righteous Wind on the first attack, so you're guaranteed to get the healing effect from it if the opponent doesn't have the Scowl effect. Time's Pulse 4 is better if you're expecting to be using a dancer to move more than once per turn. Infantry Pulse 4 is better otherwise.

Sorry if this makes it even harder to decide.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The best skills that are currently available should look something like this:

Young Merric [+Spd]
Winds of Change [unique] / Teatime Set+ [Spd]
[Assist]
Flare / Ruptured Sky
Remote Sparrow / Atk/Spd Finish 4
Occultist's Strike / Desperation 4 / Brash Assault 4
Incite Atk/Spd / Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Atk/Spd Pledge / Time's Pulse 4 / Infantry Pulse 4

Winds of Change can be gotten if you haven't already refined his weapon and want to save some dew. Teatime Set+ [Spd] is the best inheritable option.

Winds of Change already has Lull, Tempo, Null Follow-Up, and percentage damage reduction nullification on it, so there aren't that many options left for the B slot. Occultist's Strike is the most offensive option, but because Winds of Change has no defensive effects, you'll want a defensive effect on a different slot for harder content. Desperation 4 is the best defensive option and is a good replacement for his default Windsweep, and it also provides a Spd boost. Brash Assault 4 has a mix of offensive and defensive options, but doesn't have a Spd boost.

If you're running Righteous Wind or Ruptured Sky, you should run any of the skills in the C slot other than Pledge. Pledge is only better than the other options if you're running Flare, and even then, only if the opponent can't counterattack or if you're running Desperation 4. If the opponent can counterattack or you're running a different Special, then the other options are better.

Of the other options, Incite hits the hardest, but has no non-stat effect. Oath 4 is slightly weaker than Incite, but grants teleportation.

Time's Pulse 4 and Infantry Pulse 4 let you land Righteous Wind on the first attack, so you're guaranteed to get the healing effect from it if the opponent doesn't have the Scowl effect. Time's Pulse 4 is better if you're expecting to be using a dancer to move more than once per turn. Infantry Pulse 4 is better otherwise.

Sorry if this makes it even harder to decide.

As always, thank you for your input. I'll have to think about Desperation 4 but I think I'm going with Flare and Incite Atk/Spd. Decided to go with Flare since he's more likely to fight non-beast/non-dragon units so the 20% bonus damage is too low for my liking. Incite was an easier decision since it can grant +12 Atk/Spd but most of the time it'll be +11 for Merric. It also keeps his weapon active.  

I'm having a hard time picking out a good C and S skill for my Brave Lyn. She's +10 with summoner support, Arcane Darkbow as her weapon, Deadeye as her Special, Flared Sparrow as A, and Assassin's Strike as B, and Fleeting Echo for that new X slot, but I'm scratching my head for that C and S slot.

7 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm having a hard time picking out a good C and S skill for my Brave Lyn. She's +10 with summoner support, Arcane Darkbow as her weapon, Deadeye as her Special, Flared Sparrow as A, and Assassin's Strike as B, and Fleeting Echo for that new X slot, but I'm scratching my head for that C and S slot.

Incite Atk/Spd is currently the best C skill for fast ranged cavalry. Def/Res Smoke 3 is a more supportive alternative.

Sacred Seals can be switched around for free, so don't worry too much about the slot. Blade Session gives you the largest boost to stats, but depends on your movement order (and therefore doesn't play well with Def/Res Smoke 3). Otherwise, Atk/Spd Solo and Atk/Spd Catch are the go-to options depending on if you expect to be able to use the Solo condition reliably.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Incite Atk/Spd is currently the best C skill for fast ranged cavalry. Def/Res Smoke 3 is a more supportive alternative.

Sacred Seals can be switched around for free, so don't worry too much about the slot. Blade Session gives you the largest boost to stats, but depends on your movement order (and therefore doesn't play well with Def/Res Smoke 3). Otherwise, Atk/Spd Solo and Atk/Spd Catch are the go-to options depending on if you expect to be able to use the Solo condition reliably.

I'm currently running Der/Res Smoke 3, don't have Incite Atk/Spd. Atk/Spd Catch completely slipped my mind as an option, haha. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm getting close to 10k.

I've seen a screenshot showing over 10k so you'll be fine.

Unconfirmed, but in looking for it I've seen someone say that they adjusted the cap of almost all earnable items behind the scenes to 999,999 a couple years ago.

25 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I've seen a screenshot showing over 10k so you'll be fine.

Unconfirmed, but in looking for it I've seen someone say that they adjusted the cap of almost all earnable items behind the scenes to 999,999 a couple years ago.

That simplifies things, and sounds vaguely familiar now that you mention it.

So, I got my first copy of Saber ever through the arena tickets and ... good grief, how do I even build him if I want to keep him with Golden Dagger? I'm not sure where to even start. Do I want special spiral on him so he can keep spamming special attacks and DC? Do I just get rid of the defensive specials that he comes with? His default skills are just ... bad.

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

So, I got my first copy of Saber ever through the arena tickets and ... good grief, how do I even build him if I want to keep him with Golden Dagger? I'm not sure where to even start. Do I want special spiral on him so he can keep spamming special attacks and DC? Do I just get rid of the defensive specials that he comes with? His default skills are just ... bad.

If you're keeping his Golden Dagger, then there are a few options, but all of the better ones require a complete rework of his build. Note that even with a premium build, an unmerged Saber is still outclassed by pretty much every modern unit that can fill the same role, even if you're running them with Distant Counter (M) instead of Distant A/S Solo to get the Distant Counter effect. If you can spare an Arcane Devourer, you're better of giving the exact same skills to Lapis or Inigo instead of Saber.

If you're still intent on building Saber, his Spd stat isn't amazing, so I would only go with the Spd-based options if you have a Spd Asset, his Resplendent outfit, can give him maximum Dragonflower boosts, and have some team support to help boost his Spd a bit on top. Otherwise, you're probably better off with the slower options.

Vital Astra:

Saber [+Spd]
Golden Dagger [unique]
[Assist]
Vital Astra
Atk/Spd Finish 4
Spurn 4 / Phys. Null Follow / Spd/Def Bulwark 3
Time's Pulse 4
[any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd]

Spurn 4 is the B skill I'd most recommend due to the fact that it grants Phantom Spd to help with his Spd stat just a bit.

Godlike Reflexes:

Saber [+Spd]
Golden Dagger [unique]
[Assist]
Godlike Reflexes
Atk/Spd Finish 4
[Velocity 4] / Spurn 4 / Buffer 4 / Phys. Null Follow / Spd/Def Tempo 4 / Spd/Def Bulwark 3
Atk/Spd Pledge / Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Incite Atk/Spd
[any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd] / Darting Breath

Saber needs some source of +1 Special charge rate to run Godlike Reflexes, so you're looking at one of Pledge, Breath, or team support.

Velocity 4 would be the best B skill on this build, but it doesn't exist yet. As with the Vital Astra build, I recommend a Dodge 4 skill over the other options due to the Phantom Spd effect.

Ruptured Sky / Moonbow:

Saber [+Atk / +Def]
Golden Dagger [unique]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow
Atk/Def Finish 4 / Atk/Spd Finish 4
Quick Riposte 4 / Null C-Disrupt 4
Time's Pulse 4
[any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd, Atk/Def, or Spd/Def] / Null Follow-Up 3 / Quick Riposte 3

No Quarter / Luna / Bonfire:

Saber [+Atk / +Def]
Golden Dagger [unique]
[Assist]
No Quarter / Luna / Bonfire
Atk/Def Finish 4 / Atk/Spd Finish 4
Special Spiral 3 / Special Spiral 4
Atk/Spd Pledge / Atk/Def Oath 4 / Atk/Spd Oath 4
[any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd, Atk/Def, or Spd/Def] / Null Follow-Up 3 / Quick Riposte 3 / Steady Breath

Aegis:

Saber [+Atk / +Def]
Golden Dagger [unique]
[Assist]
Aegis
Atk/Spd Finish 4 / Atk/Def Finish 4
Shield Pulse 3 / Buffer 4
Atk/Spd Pledge / Atk/Def Oath 4 / Atk/Spd Oath 4
Quick Riposte 3 / Steady Breath / [any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd, Atk/Def, or Spd/Def] / Null Follow-Up 3

Yeah, I figured that neither he nor his default weapon are amazing at this point but I wanted to try to keep him with his default weapon since he wouldn't be a very heavily invested unit. I think the build with ruptured sky/moonbow and finish 4 with time's pulse 4 looks similar to something I was thinking about, so I'll most likely go with that one. Thanks.