"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

11 minutes ago, OKigen said:

Oh I forgot she can use dancer too! 

What is her chance of going against red fully buffed? I'm going to have 20k feathers again and a +spd Nino is rather interesting.

A fully buffed +Spd Nino (+4 to all stats) without any other skills can ORKO roughly 2/3 of all red units at neutral. 

If she has Desperation and Life and Death 3, she can ORKO 30/38 neutral red units in the game, with the only two that can actually kill her on the counterattack being Henry (because of G Tomebreaker) and Sanaki (because of Triangle Adept). 

Obviously this isn't perfect because I haven't bothered with more advanced calcs like nature variations, taking into account enemy Fury, or enemy skill inheritance (like a unit having Triangle Adept that doesn't naturally have it), but this should still give you the main idea.

That idea being that Nino is absolutely ridiculous. 

EDIT: It should be noted that if you go with Fury 3 over Life and Death 3, you no longer get ORKOd by neutral 5* Henry, but you also no longer ORKO neutral 5* Lon'qu (because you can't outspeed him anymore).

Also, these are for calcs against reds. If you're any other color, the LD/Desperation Nino set fully buffed will ORKO you. RIP

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I haven't done any calcs yet, but I'd also like to see what other people can come up with for Hinoka builds (because I have a ton of her waiting to be merged).

Is there any reason to merge up Hinoka rather than divvying her Hone Fliers to other fliers and merging up those? Hinoka isn't bad, really, but merging her costs more than every other unit since Hone Fliers is unique to her.

It doesn't help that blue-peg is such a common unit-type that basically everything you might want her to do can be done by another pegasus. Catria, for example, has similar offenses (31/34) vs. (35/32), but way better bulk (29/25) vs. (25/24).

I've been really struggling trying to decide my next 5* upgrade, so here goes: Out of Nowi (+def, -spd), Kagero (+atk, -spd) and Olivia (+atk, -hp), who would be the best choice?

My other 5* units are Lyn, Lucina, Chrom, young Tiki, Eirika, Ephraim, Sharena, Hawkeye, Minerva, Merric and Jakob (and Maria). I've been using a combination of Lucina, Sharena, Olivia and bonus unit in the arena recently, sometimes replacing Olivia or Lucina for someone else (for example, Eirika when Ursula was a bonus character).

Of the 3 options I'm considering, Nowi is probably the best in general (unless -spd really screws her over), Kagero is pretty much my best ranged option (something I've been dying for ever since I dropped her for BST reasons) and Olivia sees the most use at 4*. Olivia and Kagero have some skills inherited on them already.

Also, what kind of skill build would work on Merric? He's no Linde/Sanaki/Julia/Nino/etc. (basically, not someone people talk about) but he is my only 5* mage.

Trying to level up the special map units because some of them are units I've never summoned on this file like Hana while others are useful like Donnel was for the recent Navarre map. Also, trying to get rid of units, but I digress.

When should you use Obstruct and Pass? And in Obstruct's case, what does it actually do? They seem like neat skills, but I can't think of many situations where you would want to use them and especially on units like Fir (average-ish defenses), Gaius (2-range, fragile thief), and Hana (glass cannon). Cordelia, M!Corrin, and Stahl are the only ones that would seem like they would be able to use those skills effectively by default as Cordelia can be on any terrain as a flyer and Corrin and Stahl are bulky. Even then, if there's a bottleneck, then there is no way to go, so Corrin and Stahl can just sit in a hallway or something. I'm leveling up a 1* -- 2* now -- Hana and with Inherit Skill being a thing, Obstruct and Armorslayer are 2 skills that I do not want to get for her. I'd rather give her Desperation or Vantage as a B-slot -- Vantage is more plentiful at the moment -- and a Killing Edge with Escutcheon or Pavise to lower the damage or an offensive special.

Edited by Kaden

57 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

A fully buffed +Spd Nino (+4 to all stats) without any other skills can ORKO roughly 2/3 of all red units at neutral. 

If she has Desperation and Life and Death 3, she can ORKO 30/38 neutral red units in the game, with the only two that can actually kill her on the counterattack being Henry (because of G Tomebreaker) and Sanaki (because of Triangle Adept). 

Obviously this isn't perfect because I haven't bothered with more advanced calcs like nature variations, taking into account enemy Fury, or enemy skill inheritance (like a unit having Triangle Adept that doesn't naturally have it), but this should still give you the main idea.

That idea being that Nino is absolutely ridiculous. 

EDIT: It should be noted that if you go with Fury 3 over Life and Death 3, you no longer get ORKOd by neutral 5* Henry, but you also no longer ORKO neutral 5* Lon'qu (because you can't outspeed him anymore).

Also, these are for calcs against reds. If you're any other color, the LD/Desperation Nino set fully buffed will ORKO you. RIP

Hmm... that sounds really promising! 

I'm just thinking, since people are talking about Nino way too often as if she destroyed everything, does she have any obvious advantage over Linde? I would imagine if Nino can do that much at WTD then Linde should be able to do it even better given she has higher atk, but noone talks about her.

Actually, I do have a blarblade Linde, though I don't find the benefit of the tome on her that much since I don't build a team to give her a massive boost and she will destroy red/blue without the tome anyway. She just can't kill green ... 

Edited by OKigen

6 minutes ago, OKigen said:

Hmm... that sounds really promising! 

I'm just thinking, since people are talking about Nino way too often as if she destroyed everything, does she have any obvious advantage over Linde? I would imagine if Nino can do that much at WTD then Linde should be able to do it even better given she has higher atk, but noone talks about her.

Actually, I do have a blarblade Linde, though I don't find the benefit of the tome on her that much since I don't build a team to give her a massive boost and she will destroy red/blue without the tome anyway.

The two are honestly interchangeable (if Linde has Blárblade) for the most part (they have the same speed, and Linde has 2 more attack which honestly means nothing at all with how badly blade tome mages overkill things), so it really depends on whether your team would rather the squishy mage kill blue and greens or reds and blues, while letting the rest of your team handle the rest. 

People talk about Linde a lot less though because she's a lot harder and more expensive to get. Nino comes at 3* and 4* and even had a 5* focus for her. Linde has only ever been a non-focus 5*, and to give her a tome to equal Nino's you have to upgrade then sacrifice a 5* Odin. So it's a cost vs benefit kind of thing.

I personally prefer Nino because Nino kills off blues, greens, and colorless while Ephraim (who gives her 3 buffs in one with Siegmund, Hone Spd, and Rally Def) handles reds and because I like her personality way more. You may prefer Linde because your team handles greens better than reds and blues instead (Eirika is a great partner for Blárblade Linde, for example).

It's really down to personal preference and team composition.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

30 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

I've been really struggling trying to decide my next 5* upgrade, so here goes: Out of Nowi (+def, -spd), Kagero (+atk, -spd) and Olivia (+atk, -hp), who would be the best choice?

My other 5* units are Lyn, Lucina, Chrom, young Tiki, Eirika, Ephraim, Sharena, Hawkeye, Minerva, Merric and Jakob (and Maria). I've been using a combination of Lucina, Sharena, Olivia and bonus unit in the arena recently, sometimes replacing Olivia or Lucina for someone else (for example, Eirika when Ursula was a bonus character).

Of the 3 options I'm considering, Nowi is probably the best in general (unless -spd really screws her over), Kagero is pretty much my best ranged option (something I've been dying for ever since I dropped her for BST reasons) and Olivia sees the most use at 4*. Olivia and Kagero have some skills inherited on them already.

Also, what kind of skill build would work on Merric? He's no Linde/Sanaki/Julia/Nino/etc. (basically, not someone people talk about) but he is my only 5* mage.

-Spd Nowi really, REALLY hurts her actually. -Spd Kagero isn't really helping either. Olivia is just an amazing unit overall with Dance, and her IV's are very good, so I say she's easily your best candidate to promote.

Should I level up my -ATK,+SPD (Female)Corrin to 5 stars, or wait for one with better IVs?

(Edit: And if I should what skills should I inherit? 

Edited by Lunajack

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Can you please tell me what 5 star units you already have?

M. Corrin (Unknown)

Ogma (Unknown)

Hawkeye (+Spd/-Def)

Cain (+Res/-Spd)

Cain (Unknown)

Roy (+Atk/-HP)

Tharja (N/N)

Spring Lucina (+HP/-Def)

Spring Lucina (Unknown)

Camilla (+Res/-Spd)

Merric (+Def/-HP)

Jeorge (+HP/-Def)

@JJ48 I'd personally recommend Sharena since you're only blue options are your 2 Spring Lucina. And Sharena is just a good unit all around, especially with Fensalir being a 16Mt weapon with built-in Threaten Atk 2. 

Just now, LuxSpes said:

@JJ48 I'd personally recommend Sharena since you're only blue options are your 2 Spring Lucina. And Sharena is just a good unit all around, especially with Fensalir being a 16Mt weapon with built-in Threaten Atk 2. 

Yeah, when I looked back again and saw all that red and green, I kind of got the same impression.

9 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Personally I don't bother with AI manipulation, but there's a reddit post on it:

Mmm, that kind of helps. Maybe I'm just overthinking and over-complicating things. Thanks.

Unless I somehow get an Azura in my quest for bunnies this banner, I'm going to promote my Olivia to 5*. The one I usually use is +HP -Spd, I have one that's +Atk -Res, and there's still a 1* neutral. Which one should I go for the 5*?

Still wondering about this, sorry if I seem impatient.

I have a -HP/+Res Eliwood I'm planning to use on a cavalry team (Him, Fortify Cavalry Abel, Blarblade Ursula and Gunter). How well would he do?

I also have two -Atk/+Def Jagens. Would one of them still be useful on a cavalry team? (The other will pass Fortify Cavalry).

17 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Unless I somehow get an Azura in my quest for bunnies this banner, I'm going to promote my Olivia to 5*. The one I usually use is +HP -Spd, I have one that's +Atk -Res, and there's still a 1* neutral. Which one should I go for the 5*?

Probably +Atk, though if Olivia's getting hit in your games there's something else going on. Best to keep the dancer from getting doubled as little as possible, even so.

22 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Definitely +Atk. 

If you're willing to put in a little bit of investment, a +Atk 5* Olivia with Silver Sword+ (which she gets naturally) and Triangle Adept 3 can ORKO neutral Hector, which I find absolutely hilarious. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Definitely +Atk. 

If you're willing to put in a little bit of investment, a +Atk 5* Olivia with Silver Sword+ (which she gets naturally) and Triangle Adept 3 can ORKO neutral Hector, which I find absolutely hilarious. 

EDIT: I can't do math.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Extremely minor nitpick, but Ruby Sword+ from Palla fodder can do the same thing, plus your A slot is freed up for extra Fury points.

Extremely minor nitpick though.

Sure, but one of these things requires sacrificing a 5* unit (that doesn't even naturally come at 5* except during this current focus banner) while the other does not. Inheriting Ruby Sword+ and any A-skill is marginally more expensive than simply inheriting Triangle Adept 3, since Olivia comes with Silver Sword+ already. 

If I were going for pure optimization, I'd agree with you on Ruby Sword+ and Fury, but I have to take into account F2P's limited resources when giving advice. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

I'd probably go for the TAdept option tbh just because it's cheaper. 4* Roy is much easier to get than 5* Palla, and I'm a bit out of orbs right now to try to pull peg banner---plus I want bunnies.

Anyway thanks guys, I'll do that given I don't miraculously pull Azura. Hopefully the next banner's updates also bring the April updates we're supposed to get--the +HP -Spd has a few skills I already inherited, so I would just like to merge them and also save some feathers.

@Zero1000 The Jagens would probably only be good as magic-tanks, to be honest. You're probably better off mulching them for Fortify Cavalry like you're planning to, but if you did want to make them work, you could give them Glacies or Luna to deal more damage every few attacks (which you could probably charge easily by tanking magical attacks with Jagen's 35 RES, 38 if you go with Fury 3), and maybe Swordbreaker/R Tomebreaker/Quick Riposte to help Jagen double enemies.
As for Eliwood... Well, he's primarily good for Ward Cavalry buffing defenses, he's basically a much better version of your Jagen since he isn't -ATK (-HP hurts him a little, but just a little). Give him Death Blow 3 if you can, I think that stacks with Durandal's +4 ATK when attacking for a total of +10, which will improve his offensive presence, but his primary role should be Green-killing (so Triangle Adept 3 is also an option if you want to use Eliwood to tank weaker axes too... not sure how well that will work, since Eliwood has 23 DEF at level 40, but maybe you could work with 29 DEF after a Fortify Cavalry?) and giving +4 DEF/RES to allies within 2 spaces (which doesn't add to Blarblade's damage, sadly, but it's still pretty useful for whoever has to tank stuff).

Also, I have a +SPD Subaki, so he's gonna end up with 38 Speed at Level 40. Does he need Quick Riposte, or should I give him a different B Skill? If so, any suggestions as to which one?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

How will the Hone- Skills work when Unit Repositioning becomes a thing with the April update?

From my understanding, you can reposition units until your first move is confirmed.

However Hone/Threathen skills are activated at the beginning of the turn.

If you complete any action (and exit the repositioning feature), like moving your units or attacking, that means that the Hone/Threaten effect has already occurred.

repositioning.PNG

Edited by Alfred Kamon

14 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Also, I have a +SPD Subaki, so he's gonna end up with 38 Speed at Level 40. Does he need Quick Riposte, or should I give him a different B Skill? If so, any suggestions as to which one?

Speed isn't a factor with Quick Riposte unlike Desperation and if your Subaki isn't -Atk or -Def, then he can be used to counter and tank faster units which is really useful for the Grand Hero Battles if Mkv has shown everyone with Subaki being a key unit in 4 maps. Quick Riposte is just good on units with high defense or resistance. It's useful for slower units who probably won't be doubling if they attack, so you can make them a strong enemy phase and defensive unit, especially if their attack is really high. Examples units would be Frederick, Gwendolyn, Michalis, Tiki, and Hector who comes with a built-in Quick Riposte 2 on Armads. Draug who is fast would also like Quick Riposte to abuse his monster defense and perhaps it might even be worth it to replace Wary Fighter on Effie for Quick Riposte.

Basically, Subaki might not need it, but it's a good skill to have allowing him to be a versatile unit.

Edit: I hope I didn't make it seem like Quick Riposte is this ultimate, must-have skill.

Edited by Kaden

11 minutes ago, Alfred Kamon said:

How will the Hone- Skills work when Unit Repositioning becomes a thing with the April update?

From my understanding, you can reposition units until your first move is confirmed.

However Hone/Threathen skills are activated at the beginning of the turn.

If you complete any action (and exit the repositioning feature), like moving your units or attacking, that means that the Hone/Threaten effect has already occurred.

repositioning.PNG

I'm pretty sure they're going to take this into account once it's been implemented. Perhaps they'll reapply the buffs if the player elects to change their unit's positions before starting the map. Can't say with absolute certainty until it gets added, though.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Speed isn't a factor with Quick Riposte unlike Desperation and if your Subaki isn't -Atk or -Def, then he can be used to counter and tank faster units which is really useful for the Grand Hero Battles if Mkv has shown everyone with Subaki being a key unit in 4 maps. Quick Riposte is just good on units with high defense or resistance. It's useful for slower units who probably won't be doubling if they attack, so you can make them a strong enemy phase and defensive unit, especially if their attack is really high. Examples units would be Frederick, Gwendolyn, Michalis, Tiki, and Hector who comes with a built-in Quick Riposte 2 on Armads. Draug who is fast would also like Quick Riposte to abuse his monster defense and perhaps it might even be worth it to replace Wary Fighter on Effie for Quick Riposte.

Basically, Subaki might not need it, but it's a good skill to have allowing him to be a versatile unit.

Edit: I hope I didn't make it seem like Quick Riposte is this ultimate, must-have skill.

Crap, my Subaki is -DEF. Still, I suppose I can give him QR, since he already has it, and he'll be my primary tank anyway if I use him since his Defense will be highest out of all my fliers (Camilla should be second once I finish levelling her, with 30, followed by Hinoka with 29 and Palla with 28, then Catria in last with 25). Maybe I should throw him DEF +3 too, since he doesn't really need RES +3 and I don't see anything else he wants especially much (Triangle Adept 3 is already built into his weapon, and I don't want to give him Fury)?

Also, regarding Quick Riposte, I don't think Effie wants that more than Wary Fighter unless you get a +DEF (since you're more likely than not to get doubled with Effie's SPD without Wary Fighter, might as well make sure you're taking less damage from each hit, yeah?) or +HP (So QR lasts longer) one, since Effie probably wants to not get doubled more than she wants to double when attacked (plus WF can possibly save Effie from some magical attackers who would wreck her if they got to double, I'm primarily thinking Linde and Tharja here, maybe Sanaki and Lilina too but I dunno much about Red mages since I only have Sophia, Henry and Tharja and use none of them at the moment). Unless I'm wrong, which I could be since I'm falling asleep typing this.

Also, who's Mkv?

19 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Crap, my Subaki is -DEF. Still, I suppose I can give him QR, since he already has it, and he'll be my primary tank anyway if I use him since his Defense will be highest out of all my fliers (Camilla should be second once I finish levelling her, with 30, followed by Hinoka with 29 and Palla with 28, then Catria in last with 25). Maybe I should throw him DEF +3 too, since he doesn't really need RES +3 and I don't see anything else he wants especially much (Triangle Adept 3 is already built into his weapon, and I don't want to give him Fury)?

Also, regarding Quick Riposte, I don't think Effie wants that more than Wary Fighter unless you get a +DEF (since you're more likely than not to get doubled with Effie's SPD without Wary Fighter, might as well make sure you're taking less damage from each hit, yeah?) or +HP (So QR lasts longer) one, since Effie probably wants to not get doubled more than she wants to double when attacked (plus WF can possibly save Effie from some magical attackers who would wreck her if they got to double, I'm primarily thinking Linde and Tharja here, maybe Sanaki and Lilina too but I dunno much about Red mages since I only have Sophia, Henry and Tharja and use none of them at the moment). Unless I'm wrong, which I could be since I'm falling asleep typing this.

Also, who's Mkv?

Def +3 is fine on Subaki. I personally threw Iote's Shield on mine though, since he's already super tanky, and now he can shrug off archers too. Bonfire is also extra great on him because it gives him a ridiculous power boost when active.

Also, Mkv is the youtuber who's been doing runs of the Lunatic GHB maps with only 3* free units.