"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

The age-old question: who should I promote to 5*? Feel free to suggest up to 2 since I'm sitting on 39k feathers and will have 40k by tomorrow thanks to the Gauntlet.

Here are my options:

1. Effie (+ATK -SPD, Night Sky/Glimmer inherited)
  2. Sharena (neutral)
  3. Michalis (neutral)
  4. Kagero (+SPD -HP)
  5. Palla (+SPD -RES)
  6. Merric (+DEF -RES)
  7. F!Corrin (neutral)
  8. Ursula (neutral, Blarblade inherited)
  9. Anna (neutral)

The first 6 are level 40, the rest are being trained. I'm using Michalis as my bonus unit this arena season, though I can always sub in Bunny Camilla.

Here's my current 5* crop:

Spoiler
  1. Reinhardt (+ATK -SPD)
  2. Minerva (+SPD -RES)
  3. Eldigan (neutral)
  4. Karel (+DEF -SPD)
  5. Ogma (+RES -DEF)
  6. Jakob (+ATK -DEF)
  7. Sakura (+SPD -HP)
  8. Klein (+DEF -SPD)
  9. Tharja (+ATK -DEF)
  10. Cordelia (+ATK -HP)
  11. Camilla (+RES - ATK)
  12. Bunny Camilla (neutral)

Basically, one of every weapon type minus breaths, plus an extra two swords and an extra axe.

Thank you in advance!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, azurrys said:

The age-old question: who should I promote to 5*? Feel free to suggest up to 2 since I'm sitting on 39k feathers and will have 40k by tomorrow thanks to the Gauntlet.

Here are my options:

1. Effie (+ATK -SPD, Night Sky/Glimmer inherited)
  2. Sharena (neutral)
  3. Michalis (neutral)
  4. Kagero (+SPD -HP)
  5. Palla (+SPD -RES)
  6. Merric (+DEF -RES)
  7. F!Corrin (neutral)
  8. Ursula (neutral, Blarblade inherited)
  9. Anna (neutral)

The first 6 are level 40, the rest are being trained. I'm using Michalis as my bonus unit this arena season, though I can always sub in Bunny Camilla.

Here's my current 5* crop:

Hide contents
  1. Reinhardt (+ATK -SPD)
  2. Minerva (+SPD -RES)
  3. Eldigan (neutral)
  4. Karel (+DEF -SPD)
  5. Ogma (+RES -DEF)
  6. Jakob (+ATK -DEF)
  7. Sakura (+SPD -HP)
  8. Klein (+DEF -SPD)
  9. Tharja (+ATK -DEF)
  10. Cordelia (+ATK -HP)
  11. Camilla (+RES - ATK)
  12. Bunny Camilla (neutral)

Basically, one of every weapon type minus breaths, plus an extra two swords and an extra axe.

Thank you in advance!

So, let's start with 5* units that have a good boon/bane.  This narrows it down to:

- Reinhardt
- Tharja
- Cordelia
- Minerva

You'll probably want Bunny Camilla as your arena bonus unit.  You can do a really funny flying team with Minerva/Cordelia/Bunny Camilla/Palla, but that's a lot of investment for what boils down to giggles.  If you want a more sane pick, I'd go with Kagero, for a current-week arena team of Michalis/Kagero/Reinhardt/Karel.  Karel's only job is to kill Hector.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Did we get a date on the miscellaneous updates? (Repositioning, stamina up, the third thing I was no doubt excited about at the time). I'd like not to be blindsided when it comes out.

Nope, nothing.

I realize this might be the millionth time this question is asked, but now that I've gathered another 20k feathers I'm eyeing my M!Robins for which one would be best to promote. I have a +HP/-Res, +Spd/-Def, and 2 +Def/-Atk natures. Which one is the most useful?

The +Spd one is looking mighty tasty, but the main thing I use him for is weird tanking scenarios and countering archers, and those both rely pretty heavily on his Def, which gets hit with a fat -4 total growth as a bane. I have other candidates for those feathers, but Robin can't be pulled as a 5-star variant for the time being, and he's proven his usefulness time and time again. I've only ever had enough feathers to promote one unit before, so now that the opportunity is here again I'm paralyzed by choice.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

So, let's start with 5* units that have a good boon/bane.  This narrows it down to:

- Reinhardt
- Tharja
- Cordelia
- Minerva

You'll probably want Bunny Camilla as your arena bonus unit.  You can do a really funny flying team with Minerva/Cordelia/Bunny Camilla/Palla, but that's a lot of investment for what boils down to giggles.  If you want a more sane pick, I'd go with Kagero, for a current-week arena team of Michalis/Kagero/Reinhardt/Karel.  Karel's only job is to kill Hector.

Ah, Kagero was one of my top candidates since she'll always have utility for GHBs if nothing else. Flying team sounds funny, but I probably won't make one seriously unless I get Hinoka lol. I'm not sure whether I'll run Kagero in the arena since I'm half-heartedly trying to increase my BST, but it's food for thought.

Thanks for the reply!

Hiya I farmed 40+ gems and pulled another 10 heroes to my team. Now I am stuck n normal training fourth stratum. Several time if I met a shield armored enemy I hit 0 damage. I was wondering what did I do wrong and should I reform my main team with these new heroes I pulled.  

teamp2.jpg

The IV Values are here:

• 5* Azura -DEF + ATT
  • 4* Corin neutral
  • 4* Felicia -ATT +HP
  • 3* Setsuna -ATT +SPD
  • 3* Donnel -SPD +DEF
  • 3* Florina -ATK +RES
  • 3* Hinata -DEF +HP

New pulls:

• 5* Caeda -HP +DEF
  • 4* Azama -RES +DEF
  • 4* Raigh -ATT +HP
  • 4* Clarine -HP +ATT
  • 4* Felicia -ATT +DEF
  • 3* Robin(M) -DEF +RES
  • 3* Subaki -SPD +HP
  • 3* Jagen -SPD +ATT
  • 3* Selena -RES +SPD
  • 3* Saizo -RES +SPD
Edited by meowwoofq

3 hours ago, Omegaprism said:

I realize this might be the millionth time this question is asked, but now that I've gathered another 20k feathers I'm eyeing my M!Robins for which one would be best to promote. I have a +HP/-Res, +Spd/-Def, and 2 +Def/-Atk natures. Which one is the most useful?

The +Spd one is looking mighty tasty, but the main thing I use him for is weird tanking scenarios and countering archers, and those both rely pretty heavily on his Def, which gets hit with a fat -4 total growth as a bane. I have other candidates for those feathers, but Robin can't be pulled as a 5-star variant for the time being, and he's proven his usefulness time and time again. I've only ever had enough feathers to promote one unit before, so now that the opportunity is here again I'm paralyzed by choice.

Mine is +HP, -resistance too. Take him, only because of the fact that he has low resistance anyway, and if you give him T-adept he'll be able to tank more physical hits and lose sword breaker a little slower. In a battle of Robin vs. Robin you might lose the fight because of your low resistance, and if they have high attack then you might as well say gg. So your other choice is +Spd, -Def which gives him some doubles that won't happen because of that +3 speed.

I could give more information and calculations if you want

8 minutes ago, meowwoofq said:

Hiya I farmed 40+ gems and pulled another 10 heroes to my team. Now I am stuck n normal training fourth stratum. Several time if I met a shield armored enemy I hit 0 damage. I was wondering what did I do wrong and should I reform my main team with these new heroes I pulled.  

The IV Values are here:

• 5* Azura -DEF + ATT
  • 4* Corin neutral
  • 4* Felicia -ATT +HP
  • 3* Setsuna -ATT +SPD
  • 3* Donnel -SPD +DEF
  • 3* Florina -ATK +RES
  • 3* Hinata -DEF +HP

New pulls:

• 5* Caeda -HP +DEF
  • 4* Azama -RES +DEF
  • 4* Raigh -ATT +HP
  • 4* Clarine -HP +ATT
  • 4* Felicia -ATT +DEF
  • 3* Robin(M) -DEF +RES
  • 3* Subaki -SPD +HP
  • 3* Jagen -SPD +ATT
  • 3* Selena -RES +SPD
  • 3* Saizo -RES +SPD

Start working on that 3* Robin. He is a great unit, and will help you out later on, as well.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Mine is +HP, -resistance too. Take him, only because of the fact that he has low resistance anyway, and if you give him T-adept he'll be able to tank more physical hits and lose sword breaker a little slower. In a battle of Robin vs. Robin you might lose the fight because of your low resistance, and if they have high attack then you might as well say gg. So your other choice is +Spd, -Def which gives him some doubles that won't happen because of that +3 speed.

I could give more information and calculations if you want

Your offer of mathematics is appreciated, but unnecessary. Knowing that there's someone else out there making a +HP/-Res Robin work is heartening. He was the first unit I leveled to 40 back in February. It's like we're twinsies!

Oh man, does this mean I'm going to start bungee-related bets soon?

Either way, it's about midnight where I'm at, so I'm going to sleep on it. Perhaps I'll get a wild hair up my butt and promote one of the GHB heroes, or even Alphonse! Who knows?! I'm a madman with this mountain of feathers!

4 minutes ago, Omegaprism said:

Oh man, does this mean I'm going to start bungee-related bets soon?

Come up with your own stuff you little.....

Glad to know I could be of assistance!

But promoting Alfonse is a serious decision, make sure that's what you really want to do!

AARRRGGHHH! It's too hard to decide!

I need 5 stars cavalier that is Gunter, but I also need a good tank that is F-Corrin, but I also need good counter range that is Nowi, but I also want a 1hko unit that is Kagero, but I also need a good cavalier like Cecilia, but  I really want a 5 star Sharena, Anna, Chrom, & A-Tiki!

I hate this game!

Hi Community,

can you help me please to get the best out of my heroes i'm trying for months but i haven't fount the best comp yet here is what i got:

5*
Effie +HP / -SPD 
Nowi +HP / -DEF
Minerva -HP / +RES
Nino +SPD / -DEF
Kagero +HP / -RES
Lyn -HP / +DEF
Kain -SPD / +DEF
Takumi -SPD / +DEF
4*
Olivia

Which team comp is the best for arena and in gerneral right now?
And on which heroes is should stop investing time to inherit?

Effie kinda feels useless without Pivot it's quite hard to get one...
Is there any other ability which is a good replacemant for Smite on Effie ?

thanks!

regards

Ind0r

Edited by Ind0r

10 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Just pulled a second Linde and now I don't know which one to keep. The first one is -Atk/+Spd while the second is +Def/-Res. Which one is better?

Definitely +Spd. One of Linde's main selling points is her amazing speed, which lets her double most of the metagame. Sure, the -Atk hurts a bit but not as much as you might think, as she still secures all the KOs she's meant to (the ONLY red she no longer kills is neutral res Hana. Big whoop. She kills all the other reds she's meant to kill even with -Atk). 

Additionally, if you run Blárblade on her, which is an incredibly common set after skill inheritance, the -Atk almost doesn't matter at all, since her damage will get boosted through the roof and be enough to kill just about everything under the sun anyways. 

1 hour ago, Lunajack said:

How can I maximize the effectiveness of my marth with inheritance? his IVs are +HP and -Def

If you have +HP, I'd go with the old Fury Desperation combo. Keep Pivot imo, and have moonbow as the special.

I have another quick question here. I'm getting closer to being able to upgrade another hero to 5 stars. I'm trying to use my feathers on characters that can't usually be pulled as 5 stars, so I'm thinking I'll go with Nino this time around. (I really want to upgrade Laslow, but I have four other 5 star reds and need some variety. I have one colorless and two greens now. I thought about upgrading Jeorge, but it's possible to pull him as a 5 star, so I may hold off on that.) 

I've been kind of Nino blessed, and I currently have 3. I think I had 5 at one point, but I merged some into each other before i knew what I was doing. XD Their boons/banes are +ATK/-SPD +HP/-DEF, and Neutral. The +ATK one was the first one I pulled. After some research, I've seen that most people think that +SPD is the best boon for her. But even -SPD leaves her with 33 base speed (which isn't bad at all). +ATK with Gronblade+ gives her 49 ATK without buffs. It wouldn't be hard to get her up to 60 at all, and that's just insane. I'm leaning towards using +ATK Nino since she's the one I've been leveling.

But what do you guys think? (Should probably throw in the actual question instead of rambling endlessly lol) The other boon/bane isn't terrible, and neutral doesn't hurt anything. Can Nino sacrifice some speed for more fire power? 

1 hour ago, StarBit8 said:

If you have +HP, I'd go with the old Fury Desperation combo. Keep Pivot imo, and have moonbow as the special.

Anything else besides a fury build?

4 minutes ago, Lunajack said:

Anything else besides a fury build?

I prefer the Life & Death Desperation build. Fury gives 8 more EHP for the first hit (+3 def versus -5 def), but the fact that you lose 2 speed often opens up the way to more doubles---which tend to be lethal.

Marth's main problem is that Lucina exists, he has a bit better physical bulk, but even with L&D it's hard to one-shot Lucina, so her better (34/36) offenses come into play. If your Marth didn't have -Def I would've suggested a 'great-wall' T-Adept build because of his physical bulk (29 def is damn nice, but he loses 4 with a bane), as it is, though, a sweeper build will probably work best, although Marth could also run Sword-breaker, Bow-breaker, etc., to kill threats the rest of your team can't handle.

15 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I prefer the Life & Death Desperation build. Fury gives 8 more EHP for the first hit (+3 def versus -5 def), but the fact that you lose 2 speed often opens up the way to more doubles---which tend to be lethal.

Marth's main problem is that Lucina exists, he has a bit better physical bulk, but even with L&D it's hard to one-shot Lucina, so her better (34/36) offenses come into play. If your Marth didn't have -Def I would've suggested a 'great-wall' T-Adept build because of his physical bulk (29 def is damn nice, but he loses 4 with a bane), as it is, though, a sweeper build will probably work best, although Marth could also run Sword-breaker, Bow-breaker, etc., to kill threats the rest of your team can't handle.

:"Marth's main problem over lucina is that Lucina exists." so... is Lucina just a straight upgrade from marth in their base stats? I also have a Lucina (+Def-Res, also something-something Lucina breeding in awakening, hahaha) My Lucina can deal more damage, but my Marth is slightly tankier, which one is better?

(Edit: please forgive any stupidity you might notice upon reading my anything.)

(Edit+: I'm probably gonna respond reaaaaally late...)

Edited by Lunajack

21 minutes ago, Lunajack said:

:"Marth's main problem over lucina is that Lucina exists." so... is Lucina just a straight upgrade from marth in their base stats? I also have a Lucina (+Def-Res, also something-something Lucina breeding in awakening, hahaha) My Lucina can deal more damage, but my Marth is slightly tankier, which one is better?

Honestly, Lucina basically is a straight upgrade from Marth. She's speedier and stronger while Marth is bulkier, but the current meta is to ORKO everything before they ORKO you, so glass cannons are favored over bulkier units for the most part (there are exceptions, of course. Hector says hello). Her speed also lets her double people that Marth wouldn't be able to, which indirectly adds to her offensive potential. 

As for Lucina, there are two main builds you can go with her. 

One is Fury/Swordbreaker, which makes her a bit more of a well-rounded duelist and lets her take on other sword units in addition to the greens she already destroys.

The other build is Life and Death/Desperation, which is better with +Spd or +Atk but can still work with any Lucina. This makes her more of a glass cannon that can ORKO just about anything she doubles (which is a lot of people, as Life and Death 3 get her up to 41 speed) once she's in Desperation range (which basically turns Falchion into a 16 mt Brave Sword). The offside of this, of course, is that she's also easier to kill. 

In the end, it's really down to personal preference. I'm personally a more offensively-oriented player, so I like LD/Desperation, but Fury/Swordbreaker caters more to more balanced or defensive playstyles. Pick whichever suits you (or whichever you have the skill fodder for). 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Honestly, Lucina basically is a straight upgrade from Marth. She's speedier and stronger while Marth is bulkier, but the current meta is to ORKO everything before they ORKO you, so glass cannons are favored over bulkier units for the most part (there are exceptions, of course. Hector says hello). Her speed also lets her double people that Marth wouldn't be able to, which indirectly adds to her offensive potential. 

@Lunajack

Perhaps not completely accurate, but close enough.

It's not as much that glass cannons are favored over bulkier units, it's that Marth doesn't have enough bulk for him to really count as bulky. Lucina has high Atk and Spd allowing her to one-round kill many things, and Hector has high Atk and Def and innate Quick Riposte 2 that lets him safely take a hit and one-round kill on the counterattack. Marth's more rounded stats mean he lacks the Spd to secure one-round kills with a double attack and he lacks the Def and/or Res to reliably avoid being quickly worn down and killed off himself.

Marth's 29 base Def would have been more impressive if he were blue or green, giving him weapon triangle advantage against the more common red and blue, respectively, but 29 base Def as a red unit simply isn't impressive when he takes neutral damage from red and is weak against blue.

9 hours ago, Lunajack said:

Lucina is better mostly because she has 'good-enough' bulk already. The only red that can 1HKO her, even if she was -Def L&D 3, is L&D Chrom. And if you can't 1HKO Lucina you aren't KOing Lucina, because you'll be dead.

Sure, Marth has 29 Def, but it doesn't really let him survive anything notable.

Things might change if they add more units, though.

Weird question, but how do you know what to do to manipulate the AI? I know basic things like put a green in a blue's range meaning they will get baited, but then there is stuff like in some strategies against Navarre where if you position units in safe zones, you can move the AI towards them because they're weak or disadvantaged to them. Asking this since I'd like to figure out a Lunatic GHB one day and my approach of X defeats Y or O can be in place of P doesn't work when it doesn't consider how or can predict how the AI responds. Basically, how do I get better at Fire Emblem in general?